+ Reply
Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 60 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Paragon

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I don't know guys... you all seem very excited for the iPhone 5. Just a personal opinion... Every time Apple has released a phone in the past it has been
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know guys... you all seem very excited for the iPhone 5.

Just a personal opinion...
    Every time Apple has released a phone in the past it has been ahead of the competition. This time around it right there with the competition. All you are here and waiting for the Windows 8 theme so I think this is an appropriate place to talk about it.

The new Windows 8 phones are the same if not better with the specs. I was reading an article on PCMAG and the Lumia 920 is claimed to have better specs with a better resolution and PPI. I don't know if all this is true because the phone is not released yet. The Samsung Ativ S will also be a very nice sleek and beast phone...

Think about it... in the past when ever an iPhone has been released it had that wow factor because it was unique from every other phone. This year it seems like it is the same old thing. They are also going to use the same design/machine for at least another 2 years.

If the competition is already right there with them... it gives them time to improve and surpass the iPhone very quickly. Sony, HTC and apparently ASUS have yet to release a Windows Phone 8. A lot of other Android devices are about to hit the market with a crazy resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Microsoft has invested over 10 Billion dollars to build up there "App Store". I am personally developing apps for the platform. They are also holding another event for the launch of all the W8 products and they have yet to show off more features for there phones. After the 12th the Lumia 920 has become the 3rd more desired phone.

I am an iPhone user... because I really do not care about what phone I use. I got this phone from a friend for a very cheap price and that is the only reason I am using it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravxtreme For This Useful Post:

FringeMän (09-18-2012), markfern811 (09-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravxtreme View Post
    I don't know guys... you all seem very excited for the iPhone 5.

Just a personal opinion...
    Every time Apple has released a phone in the past it has been ahead of the competition. This time around it right there with the competition. All you are here and waiting for the Windows 8 theme so I think this is an appropriate place to talk about it.

The new Windows 8 phones are the same if not better with the specs. I was reading an article on PCMAG and the Lumia 920 is claimed to have better specs with a better resolution and PPI. I don't know if all this is true because the phone is not released yet. The Samsung Ativ S will also be a very nice sleek and beast phone...

Think about it... in the past when ever an iPhone has been released it had that wow factor because it was unique from every other phone. This year it seems like it is the same old thing. They are also going to use the same design/machine for at least another 2 years.

If the competition is already right there with them... it gives them time to improve and surpass the iPhone very quickly. Sony, HTC and apparently ASUS have yet to release a Windows Phone 8. A lot of other Android devices are about to hit the market with a crazy resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Microsoft has invested over 10 Billion dollars to build up there "App Store". I am personally developing apps for the platform. They are also holding another event for the launch of all the W8 products and they have yet to show off more features for there phones. After the 12th the Lumia 920 has become the 3rd more desired phone.

I am an iPhone user... because I really do not care about what phone I use. I got this phone from a friend for a very cheap price and that is the only reason I am using it.

You make very good points and one could make the case for Windows phones as being a top notch phone. I personally like how the OS integrates everything together. I think that having important info displayed without actually launching an app is superb and extremely convenient. I love the new technology being rolled out such as the wireless charging, which is very impressive. I also saw that they have patented a "smacking" of a device to silence it yet another very useful technology in my opinion.

With regards to the iPhone I was very satisfied with my iPhone 4 all I wanted was a larger screen and more RAM..I got it. But I think the loss of Steve Jobs (RIP) hurt Apple on so many levels obviously. I think he would have had something insane up his sleeve. Sadly I don't believe in Tim Cook, I don't know what it is. Now don't get me wrong I love the iPhone 5 it is one sexy smartphone but I felt like all of the leaks ruined it for me lol. Even though I didn't feel the "wow" factor with it nor the 4S, I was happy with the product. I would have to agree I think Apple is losing some ground over these other companies. I am pro Apple, but my loyalty played a big role in my decision to stay. The other is the jailbreak community. Just the fact that we can have so many tweaks available as well as themes like this is a breath of fresh air to an otherwise boring OS. We have the ability to switch to a Droid OS, Windows Phone, and other creative themes. It is like having all of the phones tied into one. I plan on getting Windows 8 when it releases and installing it on a partition on my iMac. I just love having the best of both worlds. You made a good post unlike other trolls we see all over this website .

Best regards!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdot1224 For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (09-18-2012), markfern811 (09-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    You make very good points and one could make the case for Windows phones as being a top notch phone. I personally like how the OS integrates everything together. I think that having important info displayed without actually launching an app is superb and extremely convenient. I love the new technology being rolled out such as the wireless charging, which is very impressive. I also saw that they have patented a "smacking" of a device to silence it yet another very useful technology in my opinion.

With regards to the iPhone I was very satisfied with my iPhone 4 all I wanted was a larger screen and more RAM..I got it. But I think the loss of Steve Jobs (RIP) hurt Apple on so many levels obviously. I think he would have had something insane up his sleeve. Sadly I don't believe in Tim Cook, I don't know what it is. Now don't get me wrong I love the iPhone 5 it is one sexy smartphone but I felt like all of the leaks ruined it for me lol. Even though I didn't feel the "wow" factor with it nor the 4S, I was happy with the product. I would have to agree I think Apple is losing some ground over these other companies. I am pro Apple, but my loyalty played a big role in my decision to stay. The other is the jailbreak community. Just the fact that we can have so many tweaks available as well as themes like this is a breath of fresh air to an otherwise boring OS. We have the ability to switch to a Droid OS, Windows Phone, and other creative themes. It is like having all of the phones tied into one. I plan on getting Windows 8 when it releases and installing it on a partition on my iMac. I just love having the best of both worlds. You made a good post unlike other trolls we see all over this website .

Best regards!
    Agreed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Jdot1224 (09-21-2012)

Thanks

Incase anyone was wondering, the iPhone 5's A6 is clocked at 1.066 gHz, and has 1 gig of ram, which is up from 800 MHz and 512 mb in the 4s.

Green Apple
    Thanks

EndFinity ... i love you ! I was all sour about giving up my 4s running OS7 Revive and now i just discover you are making this ! Thank you so much !! I'm gonna donate 5x the amount you want for this theme =)

I was actually swinging more towards the lumia 920 purely for the interface, but now with Paragon its iPhone 5 100%. Im literally buying an iPhone 5 because of this theme.
    Last edited by liliha; 09-18-2012 at 06:15 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

[PREVIEW] Paragon-windows-phone-8x-frontbackresized.jpg
    Another option for me to consider for my upgrade

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Attachment 612474
    Can't wrap my head around why people want to buy the Win Phone, HTC, etc when you can emulate/theme or ever better on the iOS to make it look like any device you want. What is it I'm missing? I hope it's not because of hardware because the iPhone 5 broken down specs prove to be fairly competitive.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks

I think the iPhone 5 will be a great device and will more than likely will be my next device (or may hold off untill 5s depending on $ situation) Im just playing the waiting game and keep seeing all these cool phones being announced and find myself wondering if i would like them more
    On another note, I like the look of that clock and weather tile. Would be awesome if endfinity could integrate that into paragon somehow
    Last edited by DannyZ83; 09-19-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Can't wrap my head around why people want to buy the Win Phone, HTC, etc when you can emulate/theme or ever better on the iOS to make it look like any device you want. What is it I'm missing? I hope it's not because of hardware because the iPhone 5 broken down specs prove to be fairly competitive.

I agree. I'm staying put and I can't wait to see this theme on the iPhone 5 with the larger screen.

Thanks

Is it me or does iOS 6 not seem worth it for the iPhone 4? Other than turn by turn navigation and convenience of Facebook integration there is anything worth update? I mean other than paragon once a jailbreak is out

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it me or does iOS 6 not seem worth it for the iPhone 4? Other than turn by turn navigation and convenience of Facebook integration there is anything worth update? I mean other than paragon once a jailbreak is out
    Thts what I'm thinking also, don't see much to offer

Thanks

Attachment 612474
    HTC Sense doesn't look to o good in Metro IMO

Green Apple
    Thanks

Attachment 612474
    As soon as i see branding on the face of my phone it is pretty much not an option, with the exception of the lumia with its sexy colours

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liliha View Post
    As soon as i see branding on the face of my phone it is pretty much not an option, with the exception of the lumia with its sexy colours
    Well it was confirmed for Verizon were as the Lumia hasn't as far as i know. And like I said earlier, I will most likely stick with Apple but I will keep and eye and the upcoming windows unveiling. I thought the iphone 5 has great specs and looks good just for some reason lacked any "Wow" factor for me. I Microsoft's event impresses me then I just might make the switch

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright looks like chpwn has cracked ios6 on the iPhone 5 day 1, crazy stuff.

Only a matter of time now ...

Hey EndFinity, will the tiles fly away when launching an app as was present in OS7 Revive?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by liliha View Post
    Alright looks like chpwn has cracked ios6 on the iPhone 5 day 1, crazy stuff.

Only a matter of time now ...

Hey EndFinity, will the tiles fly away when launching an app as was present in OS7 Revive?
    Yes

20. The Following User Says Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

liliha (09-22-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    You can also emulate/theme "or even better" on android to make it look like any device you want. I'm rocking an HTC that's running android 4.0 and looks like WP7. And yes, hardware wise, iPhone 5 is quite competitive, but there are definitely phones with better hardware out there. It's all based on preference

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinsinkun View Post
    You can also emulate/theme "or even better" on android to make it look like any device you want. I'm rocking an HTC that's running android 4.0 and looks like WP7. And yes, hardware wise, iPhone 5 is quite competitive, but there are definitely phones with better hardware out there. It's all based on preference
    Actually, it's a bit more than competitive. According to the latest tests, the iPhone 5 is the fastest smartphone on the market right now. Android phones usually have better hardware because the OS is badly coded and filled with bloatware so it needs it in order to run smoothly. But you're right, it's very much based on preference. Still, I find it funny when people argue over which phone is the best at looking like the phone you didn't buy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EndFinity View Post
    Actually, it's a bit more than competitive. According to the latest tests, the iPhone 5 is the fastest smartphone on the market right now. Android phones usually have better hardware because the OS is badly coded and filled with bloatware so it needs it in order to run smoothly. But you're right, it's very much based on preference. Still, I find it funny when people argue over which phone is the best at looking like the phone you didn't buy
    Some developers even went as far as to say the iPhone 5 is nearing the power of the Xbox 360 and more powerful than the PS Vita, so definitly some state of the art mobile performance coming out of the new A6 chip.

Mobile Game Developers Discuss iPhone 5: "Graphics Matter" - Forbes

With the strong developer support for the iOS platform, i think the future of mobile gaming is going to get very interesting ..

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EndFinity For This Useful Post:

Anonymous (11-05-2012), Frep (09-22-2012), Jdot1224 (09-22-2012), liliha (09-22-2012)