Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 55 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget

Ah, I see. I'm glad to see that the coding bug has been passed along. I don't really know how much "public" coding I will be doing into the future. Just tweaking Smash to work with future versions of iOS, as it is my responsibility to make sure my published stuff still works. Who knows.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

hemptation (09-06-2013), Noobiusmaximus (09-06-2013)

MJSMASH for Mac? Yeah, we've got that

MJSmash for Mac, walls change every 30 minutes according to time of day, weather info, forecast, you know the drill.....

Must have Live Wallpapers installed from the Mac AppStore

LiveWallpapers App Download HERE

DOWNLOAD MJSMASH FOR MAC HERE

More Screenshots??

As always, credits to my best friend, Bombmom, who keeps me sane and gives me that second pair of eyes every time I ask, and for teaching me some code so that it doesn't look like gibberish.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 10-11-2013 at 03:09 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

EZO (10-13-2013), Ian Nicoll (10-08-2013), King_O_Hill (10-08-2013), Krima (10-08-2013), Simon (10-08-2013), The.Drifter (10-08-2013)

Dayumn!! She's baaaaack!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME, Jess!!!!! Love it!!

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by mamajaay View Post
    mjsmash for mac? Yeah, we've got that

mjsmash for mac, walls change every 30 minutes according to time of day, weather info, forecast, you know the drill.....

must have live wallpapers installed from the mac appstore
    download here

more screenshots??
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Dayumn!! She's baaaaack!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME, Jess!!!!! Love it!!

Grant
    Thanks! I try

Thanks
    Thanked 21,543 Times in 4,317 Posts

Hi MJ,

Please forgive the mess of my desktop, I'm on a 17" MacBookPro (resolution 1920 X 1200) and I get this double image thing happening:
    Your theme in the one on the top left but it doesn't go full screen & a background is showing underneath.

Thanks.

EDIT.

Ok, so I had to adjust the sizes in the "general.css" file.
    For anyone else having size issues:
    Right click on MJ's theme and select "Show Package Contents"
    Open the "general.css" file
    Adjust the width & height of #wPone & #WPtwo to 100% instead of a specific size.
    Save and double click on the theme again to re-install it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg SS.jpg (153.3 KB, 228 views)
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 10-08-2013 at 11:26 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), MamaJaay (10-09-2013), Simon (10-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi MJ,

Please forgive the mess of my desktop, I'm on a 17" MacBookPro (resolution 1920 X 1200) and I get this double image thing happening:
    Your theme in the one on the top left but it doesn't go full screen & a background is showing underneath.

Thanks.

EDIT.

Ok, so I had to adjust the sizes in the "general.css" file.
    For anyone else having size issues:
    Right click on MJ's theme and select "Show Package Contents"
    Open the "general.css" file
    Adjust the width & height of #wPone & #WPtwo to 100% instead of a specific size.
    Save and double click on the theme again to re-install it.

Thanks Ian, I'll adjust that in the master package. totally forgot that we aren't all on iPhones anymore

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (10-09-2013), King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), Simon (10-09-2013)

Hi. I'm having an issue with getting MJSmash to work. It's not unique to MJSmash but I figured the people who subscribe to this thread may already know what the fix is. I have some GPS tweaks working fine and some won't show weather even with GPS turned off and using yahoos weather code. I have removed and reinstalled GPS weather/my location and rebooted several times(and ran iCleaner). I uninstalled the version from the MMI repo and installed Kings version from his repo but none of that seems to have any effect. I do have WW installed and haven't had any problems with it. I recently installed and uninstalled Cydget but didn't have any apparent issues with that either. I'm stumped. Any ideas anyone?
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

Ok, lets see if we can get you going:

First lets uninstall the MyLocation through cydia, if you have that option. Then reboot.

If you didn't install through Cydia and just downloaded the .deb file then on your phone, go to /Applications and delete the "MyLocation.app" folder.

Now go to /var/mobile and set the permissions for the "Documents" folder. Click on the blue arrow on the right side of the "Documents" folder and set hierarchy to ON, change "Ownership" to mobile & mobile and change "Access Permissions" to read, write and execute for all three.

Now go to /var/mobile/Documents and delete "locationPath.txt" & "myLocation.txt" files if they exist, if you have a "MyLocation.deb" delete it also. Then reboot again.

Now you should be clean and are ready to install.

There are two methods in this guide choose ONLY ONE.

METHOD ONE
    Download the update from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nrikjmlqu2t33x1

Open in iFile.
    Install the deb
    reboot

Proceed to step "A" below

A) Open the "Settings" app and go to "Location Services". Make sure it is turned on and that you see "MyLocation" in the list. You can turn it to "On" if it is off.

B) Now open the MyLocation app and turn "sig. change" to on and then close it.

C) Select your favorite GPS Mod in Winterboard.
    D) respring

I'm sure you will let me know how this works!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

burrzoo (10-13-2013), Ian Nicoll (10-09-2013)

I sent you a PM.
    As long as there's hate in your heart, there'll be hate in the world. You can't fight for peace and you cannot capture freedom.

MJ, Your package won't uncompress for me. It just gives me a .cpgz file after I try and unzip. I've downloaded twice now.. Any thoughts? I've seen this before with a corrupted zip file..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Thanks

MJ, Your package won't uncompress for me. It just gives me a .cpgz file after I try and unzip. I've downloaded twice now.. Any thoughts? I've seen this before with a corrupted zip file..
    Try re-downloading it again, or try http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/

How to Open a Zip File That Turns Into a CPGZ
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 10-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Downloading from Safari did it.. Weird.. Thanks, Ian! Downloading from Firefox didn't work - after 15 tries..

EDIT:
    MJ - even with Ian's fix - changing the height and width numbers to 100% for WPOne and WPTwo... it still looks a little like some of your originals are getting stretched and aren't native to my 24" monitor.. running at 1600x900 60MHz.. Could it be that we might have to change some of the settings in general.css to customize for our own monitors? Or might we need different source material for the backgrounds that have a higher pixel density. Though I'm getting to be a crackerjack at Javascript these days -- I'm still way behind in the graphics aspect... The 12:30PM to 1:00PM photo of the Asian hut on the lake is particularly stretched looking on my desktop..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Thanks

Downloading from Safari did it.. Weird.. Thanks, Ian! Downloading from Firefox didn't work - after 15 tries..

EDIT:
    MJ - even with Ian's fix - changing the height and width numbers to 100% for WPOne and WPTwo... it still looks a little like some of your originals are getting stretched and aren't native to my 24" monitor.. running at 1600x900 60MHz.. Could it be that we might have to change some of the settings in general.css to customize for our own monitors? Or might we need different source material for the backgrounds that have a higher pixel density. Though I'm getting to be a crackerjack at Javascript these days -- I'm still way behind in the graphics aspect... The 12:30PM to 1:00PM photo of the Asian hut on the lake is particularly stretched looking on my desktop..
    All the images are 2048 x 2048 (which is a rather strange square size!), so unless your monitor is exactly this size then you will never see them at their best quality.
    The ONLY way to get them 100% correct would be to change them all for your own images that are the exact same size (resolution) as your screen (so you are viewing them at 100% zoom)

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), MamaJaay (10-27-2013), RKO1195 (10-10-2013)

All the images are 2048 x 2048 (which is a rather strange square size!), so unless your monitor is exactly this size then you will never see them at their best quality.
    The ONLY way to get them 100% correct would be to change them all for your own images that are the exact same size (resolution) as your screen (so you are viewing them at 100% zoom)
    I thought that would be the case. OR couldn't I just make sure that the aspect ratio was the same.. Meaning looking for images that are the same ratio as 1600x900? The image site MJ uses allows for many different sizes to download the original to - no stretching. I wonder if I just do some poking around.

Will other JavaScript written widgets work in the Live Wallpaper app environment on my Mac?

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Thanks

Even images that are the same aspect ratio will look slightly blurred/out of focus if scaled up or down unless it's a retina device scaling down half size.
    Same goes for many of the wallpaper sites you are talking about, they just scale the original image up & down, so they can offer multiple resolutions.
    Best find images the exact size, or if they are too big then crop them rather than scaling them down.
    Of coarse there is a few PS tricks you can do but in general, scaling down can turn out ok but stretching an image up is a big no no.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Thanks Ian.. That much - I already know.. The beauty of MJ's site is that the originals are huge.. And all their alternate image size choices are step downs.. and re-crops that make sense visually. So getting a 2048x2048 original images down to 1600x900, in a visually integrous way shouldn't be too hard. Agreed?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,547 Times in 7,108 Posts

Thanks Ian.. That much - I already know.. The beauty of MJ's site is that the originals are huge.. And all their alternate image size choices are step downs.. and re-crops that make sense visually. So getting a 2048x2048 original images down to 1600x900, in a visually integrous way shouldn't be too hard. Agreed?
    In case you want to easily crop a bunch of walls to better fit your screen ration you can use an app like resize sense. I have used it a few times for easy and fast bulk cropping.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013), NewdestinyX (10-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    In case you want to easily crop a bunch of walls to better fit your screen ration you can use an app like resize sense. I have used it a few times for easy and fast bulk cropping.
    Thanks, Simon! So the app is called "Resize Sense"? Is it an iOS app or MacOS app?

So getting a 2048x2048 original images down to 1600x900, in a visually integrous way shouldn't be too hard. Agreed?
    My own question there begs another question.. In the general.css file would we then still leave the WPone and WPtwo height and width settings set to 100% after we did our cropping down to 1600x900?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013), Simon (10-09-2013)

I'm in the process of filling the package with retina MacBook sized images. Just hold tight guys. I used the iPad pics, just to get something up and running, but everything in due time, I've got a butt load of photos to sort through. Give me a few days, and all will be right with the world. K? Also, I'll add my retina MacBook walls into my photobucket collection, for browsing purposes.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 10-09-2013 at 05:23 PM.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (10-10-2013), King_O_Hill (10-09-2013), Simon (10-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    I'm in the process of filling the package with retina MacBook sized images. Just hold tight guys. I used the iPad pics, just to get something up and running, but everything in due time, I've got a butt load of photos to sort through. Give me a few days, and all will be right with the world. K? Also, I'll add my retina MacBook walls into my photobucket collection, for browsing purposes.
    All good, MJ!! I knew you were "in process".. Fantastic idea..

Maybe a "fall" theme to these shots?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (10-27-2013)

Page 45 of 70 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 55 ... LastLast