+ Reply
Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 38 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay Been around, just not as much as normal. Yeah I got some sleep finally You did a huge favor for the elite 6 crew with the
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,406 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Been around, just not as much as normal. Yeah I got some sleep finally
    You did a huge favor for the elite 6 crew with the DarkGlyph library. And weren't exactly treated well by everybody. That "a day in the life" at MMI - We press on..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,270 Times in 5,955 Posts

I'm on page 14 from the e6 thread. Am I far behind? Did I miss much? I just loaded it on my device today.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I'm on page 14 from the e6 thread. Am I far behind? Did I miss much? I just loaded it on my device today.
    That thread is like a chat group or twitter feed. So much "filler" and repeated requests. Great theme - great people - about 20% useful posts. Watch me get flamed now.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

I think I'll just hit the Dropbox then get what else I need from Eric
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What's the trick to Max's bigger sun?
    This isn't max's sun. This is the same sun from the uniaw, just enlarged. It's all in the CSS
    Max's sun is just a bigger image file. If you take a look in the folder "images/Weather/sun/", you'll see that the "sun.png" file is different from Ian's original.

New-1.jpg

Trick is just a larger sun image that's all

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013), NewdestinyX (04-17-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Max's sun is just a bigger image file. If you take a look in the folder "http://modmyi.com/images/Weather/sun/", you'll see that the "sun.png" file is different from Ian's original.

Attachment 632946

Trick is just a larger sun image that's all
    Thanks, Marty - YOU DA MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I think I'll just hit the Dropbox then get what else I need from Eric
    Yeah. Good move. It just hit page 500 last night... oy....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-17-2013), MamaJaay (04-27-2013), Marty McFly (04-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,407 Times in 3,941 Posts

Well, I didn't use the bigger sun. I just enlarged it with the CSS

#sun{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/sun/sun.png') center no-repeat;
    background-size: 800px 800px;
    background-color: transparent;
    position: absolute;
    top: -390px;
    left: -400px;
    width: 800px;
    height: 800px;
    margin : auto 0;
    z-index: 112;
    opacity: 0.0;
    display: none;
    -webkit-animation: opa 8s;
    -webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;
    }

#sunray{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/sun/sunray.png') center no-repeat;
    z-index: 111;
    -webkit-animation: shine 10s linear infinite normal;
    -webkit-animation-delay:5s;
    }

#moon{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/moon/moon.png') center no-repeat;
    z-index: 112;
    -webkit-animation: opa 8s;
    -webkit-animation-fill-mode: forwards;
    }

#moonray{
    background:url('../../Images/Weather/moon/moonray.png') center no-repeat;
    z-index: 111;
    -webkit-animation: shine 10s linear infinite normal;
    -webkit-animation-delay:5s;
    }

I don't know what Max's mod consists of, as I only use Smash these days. 30 minute timed walls for the win!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (04-17-2013)

Thanks

Well, I didn't use the bigger sun. I just enlarged it with the CSS
    I don't know what Max's mod consists of, as I only use Smash these days. 30 minute timed walls for the win!
    Haha - that's awesome!
    Great way to make the change without needing additional image files.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. Is KG Ten Thousand Reasons

Thanks for that. where do i need to drop the font file please?
    I wanted to change the font on my lock screen version.
    Thx
    Last edited by skopedia; 04-18-2013 at 06:09 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to skopedia For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skopedia View Post
    Thanks for that. where do i need to drop the font file please?
    I wanted to change the font on my lock screen version.
    Thx
    Unfortunately it's not as easy as just dropping the font file into a folder. I actually just finished modding 'Smash' so that the font is "KG Ten Thousand Reasons" no matter what font is setup on the phone. If Mama is ok with it, I will post a link.

Mama: Is that even an option maybe to include in the updates with UniAw 6.1? In config, having an option to either use KG Ten Thousand Reasons or the system font?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

I'm partial to Papyrus myself

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Unfortunately it's not as easy as just dropping the font file into a folder. I actually just finished modding 'Smash' so that the font is "KG Ten Thousand Reasons" no matter what font is setup on the phone. If Mama is ok with it, I will post a link.

Mama: Is that even an option maybe to include in the updates with UniAw 6.1? In config, having an option to either use KG Ten Thousand Reasons or the system font?
    With all due respect, I make mods for myself. I tend to include the things I would like to see. Since I already use that font for my system font, It seems pointless to add a choice in the config. Smash extreme is a free download, and as I've stated feel free to post your mods in this thread.

In regards to the 6.1 uniaw update, I spent a lot of time perusing through the changes that Ian made. Some of those changes, such as the touched forecast, are already included in smash. Adding the other changes would require a complete rewrite of smash extreme. Because of all of the different containers that he added, While the changes that he implemented are great For a standalone mod, Even with a complete rewrite, the end-user is going to see almost the exact same thing when activating smash Whether I updated to 6.1 or whether I leave it at 6.0. There is already such a delicate balance in this code because of the time walls changing every 30 minutes, And the additional options that are built-in. The only thing that I can think of at the end user might get a benefit from with the 6.1 update if I were to implement into smash is the sun and the moon arc option. Yes I understand he has also implemented four new weather conditions, But again because of all of the containers it would require an exorbitant amount of time. The way I see it is this smash extreme works beautifully there is no lag there is no glitch there is no bugginess and I would like to keep it that way. I am afraid that adding in all of the other options on top of what's already there in extreme would calls some of the end-users to have issues. So since it's not broken I don't see the point in fixing it.

With that said going forward I may choose to use 6.1, And any mods of this extreme version again please feel free to post them in this thread. That means yes Marty

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), Marty McFly (04-18-2013), NewdestinyX (04-18-2013)

Thanks

With all due respect, I make mods for myself. I tend to include the things I would like to see. Since I already use that font for my system font, It seems pointless to add a choice in the config. Smash extreme is a free download, and as I've stated feel free to post your mods in this thread.

In regards to the 6.1 uniaw update, I spent a lot of time perusing through the changes that Ian made. Some of those changes, such as the touched forecast, are already included in smash. Adding the other changes would require a complete rewrite of smash extreme. Because of all of the different containers that he added, While the changes that he implemented are great For a standalone mod, Even with a complete rewrite, the end-user is going to see almost the exact same thing when activating smash Whether I updated to 6.1 or whether I leave it at 6.0. There is already such a delicate balance in this code because of the time walls changing every 30 minutes, And the additional options that are built-in. The only thing that I can think of at the end user might get a benefit from with the 6.1 update if I were to implement into smash is the sun and the moon arc option. Yes I understand he has also implemented four new weather conditions, But again because of all of the containers it would require an exorbitant amount of time. The way I see it is this smash extreme works beautifully there is no lag there is no glitch there is no bugginess and I would like to keep it that way. I am afraid that adding in all of the other options on top of what's already there in extreme would calls some of the end-users to have issues. So since it's not broken I don't see the point in fixing it.

With that said going forward I may choose to use 6.1, And any mods of this extreme version again please feel free to post them in this thread. That means yes Marty
    I COMPLETELY AGREE with your line of reasoning here, MJ. MJSmashExtreme is a self-contained theme element. And it's amazing. Ian allows you mod creators to 'do what you will' with it. You are under no onus to update the UniAW aspects simply because Ian gave more options. Even if they're cool options. You would have to update it if something STOPPED working like a couple of weeks ago with the Yahoo debacle.

The other cool oppotunity it presents to me and Marty and other 'up and coming' modders - is to FIGURE IT OUT ON OUR OWN!. I already have somethings I want to do with Smash to make it more 'me' and maybe others would like it. AND you're "graciously" giving us that freedom and EVEN to post the mods here!! That's very cool! And thank you.

I having been helping Marty a little on the side -and I know he will catch up and even surpass my abilities very quickly and he or I or King or someone else may even be able to, on our own, incorporate some of the other elements of Ian's 6.1 code (for more containers) into Extreme. So IT'S ALL GOOD!. And Ian has laid out the code SO well to see what's where that modding will be even easier then ever. You and Dacal also did a marvelous job of preserving the ease of code following in Extreme.

So let's MOD AWAY.. I, for one, have always found Dacal's sunray animation - which Ian now adopted into 6.1 - too bright for my eyes. It's simply not an element I like and I learned to turn down its intensity. It's learning time, gang!!! As they say in the Elite 6 thread - SQUAD UP! Let the modding begin!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013), Marty McFly (04-18-2013)

Thanks

I have said in various other threads that I am taking some time off from modding to deal with some personal and health issues. I guess its time to address everyone in here. So, with that said, any modding that I do happen to produce will be for my own use. I don't have a problem posting smash updates or anyone else posting THEIR personal modifications of smash.

It's all about the sharing and it's all about the caring. I just don't know that I can promise an update to Uniaw 6.1 for smash extreme. I use it as my lock and SB, as you see it here Attachment 633169Attachment 633170
    It NEVER leaves my phone, I have a certain "sentimental" attachment to it.
    --For those of you that don't know the backstory, it started off with me taking various individual elements of different locks / springboard mods that I liked and "SMASHED" them together. It was a MESS, it's amazing the darned thing ever worked at all. 3-5 different HTML's, at least two config files, probably about 7 JavaScript files. (And that was BEFORE AniWeather got added). It originally looked like this:
    Attachment 633172Attachment 633173
    (Wow that feels like forever ago!!!)
    Then I was lucky enough to meet Bombmom, and she was kind enough to condense it all and make it actually RUN without using ALL of the ram, and was kind enough to gift me a touch cube. That woman is very modest, but is a true coder, so don't let her tell you otherwise. (She's also officially retired, so don't pester her too much or you'll have to answer to me )
    --Then it became the original smash
    Attachment 633174
    --Then came the iPad version, which at the time, was unheard of, for an iPad SB and LS to rotate and stay aligned. Oldster has released a script... it was raw and needed refining, but it gave us a base. Some of you will remember these times...
    Attachment 633175Attachment 633176
    Bombmom figured out all the rotation values without even owning an iPad. (Many long nights with trial and error on that, right Jenn?)
    --And now, almost exactly one year later, we are at MJSmash Extreme.
    --During my time here at MMI, I have met some wonderful people, some awesome coders, some awesome themers, and really cool end-users... There are so many to name, and I don't wanna leave anyone out by accident, as I am emotional as I write this, but you know who you are. There's been a lot of fun times, some mini blowups, but all in all, we've become a community.

I was also lucky enough to stumble upon Bombmom, the woman who I now call my best friend, and all because of this mod that keeps growing and changing just like all of us.

I was considering closing the thread, as I may not be able to "tend" to it as it should be tended to, but upon consideration, I've decided to leave it open for you guys to mod away... So that it can continue to evolve as it always has. Go nuts. I will check in as often as I can. And I'm sure that you guys will be able to help new users as they arrive.
    --Good luck and happy modding.--
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 04-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), chevymusclecar (04-18-2013), GibMcfragger (04-18-2013), iRyanKGT (04-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-19-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), Korazu (04-19-2013), NewdestinyX (04-18-2013), RandyTG (04-18-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), Sk37cH (04-19-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013), The_Durben (04-18-2013)

Thanks

Enjoy a well-deserved break, Jess. You know you've inspired me. And though my back story is not indentical to yours - I was here from the very beginning of MJSmash and didn't care that it ran my battery down about 1% every 10 minutes. LOL!! :P It was just such a great idea. And you were so kind in the early days when I was 'fumbling around coding' and trying to 'fit in' to this community (which is NOT easy).

Then the 1 hour timed wall idea hit us and as you WELL know - SMASH is the SB widget that's on my phone 98% of the time for close to a year. I choose ONLY icon themes that compliment SMASH! I even have ALL the iterations of your TimedWalls folders since a year ago- because I like to mix and match.

Ian's new weather with Dacal's touches is the icing on the cake of the whole MJSmash legacy (if I can be so epic in my reference to it)... and I AM SATISFIED. I will always wanting to be 'looking out to the outdoors' on my phone. I'm a nature lover - and an avid gardener/landscape design guy in my spare time. So some version of timed weather walls will always be on any iPhone of mine.

Thanks for your vision. And to Bombmom for her sensational code skill that made Smash all possible.

Cya - whenever you pop in. Get well... Life has to come first. I SO get that.

Peace, girl!
    Grant

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), Kazuyoshi (04-19-2013), MamaJaay (04-18-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,332 Times in 4,905 Posts

With nothing but love, Jess, I hope everything works its way out. It has been a pleasure to work with you on a daily basis lately. You always have a friend here if anything is needed. I feel im touching on the same emotions that you just had writing to us. It feels bitter sweet. I hate see anyone have to step away from something that they love. Its obvious. Its important. Im here Jess.

Sincerely,

Rob

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), chevymusclecar (04-18-2013), GibMcfragger (04-18-2013), iskariotA (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), Korazu (04-19-2013), MamaJaay (04-18-2013), NewdestinyX (04-18-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013), The_Durben (04-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,772 Times in 6,869 Posts

Don't be a stranger MJ. Take whatever break you feel you need. Really glad to have run into you last month when UNIAW caught my eye. I still run the same style setup that you originally did for me that day, love it. Wouldn't have been able to learn how to mod it myself without you and Ian.

Thanks

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), MamaJaay (04-18-2013), NewdestinyX (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

{hugs}
    Take care of you and be well MJ

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), chevymusclecar (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), MamaJaay (04-18-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013)

Thanks

Take care mom!

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), chevymusclecar (04-18-2013), MamaJaay (04-27-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,546 Times in 4,057 Posts

One love to you Jess! You can always holla at your boy Chevy if you want. Sure will touch base every now and again! I remember the beginning of smash and I always thought it was awesome like you. Stay well and your in my thoughts.
    Last edited by chevymusclecar; 04-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

bombmom (04-18-2013), King_O_Hill (04-18-2013), MamaJaay (04-27-2013), Simon (04-18-2013), TaJr12 (04-19-2013)