+ Reply
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by MamaJaay .....And EVERYTHING about this widget has changed. Will be updating youtube vids in first post in about 20 mins. How will we be notified of changes/major
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,597 Times in 3,878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    .....And EVERYTHING about this widget has changed.

Will be updating youtube vids in first post in about 20 mins.
    How will we be notified of changes/major revisions? Just keep checking page 1 of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    MJ, is there a proscribed iconoclasm layout that we should be using for the SB version? Or is it simply the standard 4 x 4 with the bottom row missing? I agree also that glancing at the clock on your lock screen is a very common thing most of us do. Yes I also agree with MJ in that one of the most beautiful aspects of this lock screen is the retina pictures. It just occurred to me that you can probably go back into Springtomize and turn off hide Lockscreen clock and you can have your clock back bit maybe it would even be slicker if some of you Iosalliance artists would just put a nearly transparent clock image at the top over the pic.
    Wont be necessary... Ive added the option in an alternate lockscreen that will be a part of the bundle.
    Great.. And thanks for being so responsive to input, MJ!!!! But you only answered my 2nd question I posed there.. Can you tell me whether there is a prescribed inconoclasm for the SB version? Or do you just use upper 3 rows of a standard 4x4?

Thanks,
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-02-2012 at 01:51 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,076 Times in 3,675 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    nvm.....
    Silly...you've been added to first post

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    How will we be notified of changes/major revisions? Just keep checking page 1 of this thread?

Great.. And thanks for being so responsive to input, MJ!!!! But you only answered my 2nd question I posed there.. Can you tell me whether there is a prescribed inconoclasm for the SB version? Or do you just use upper 3 rows of a standard 4x4?

Thanks,
    Grant

New. PM me and I will send you the new link. and yes keep checking.

It is the standard 4X4 layout with the bottom row gone... I found it was easier to mod my widget to fit this than it would be to have to include a layout, and tell people where to put it in iFile.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-02-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,485 Times in 1,114 Posts

Looks AWESOME MJ!👌👌

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daddykool For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-03-2012)

Thanks

I love your city skyline images so much, MJ, that I don't want to occlude them with icons. So I'm preferring a 5x2 across the upper region - in the sky. Anybody want this iconoclasm layout I'm happy to post it.

Me today:

Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

bombmom (08-02-2012), MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

I love your city skyline images so much, MJ, that I don't want to occlude them with icons. So I'm preferring a 5x2 across the upper region - in the sky. Anybody want this iconoclasm layout I'm happy to post it.

Me today:

I'm so glad you like it. As you can see, I have changed all the images in this latest version.

Thanks

I'm so glad you like it. As you can see, I have changed all the images in this latest version.
    That's actually with version 3 -- not the very latest you just sent me.. So if I love V3 -- can't wait to install v3b or v4 whatever you're calling it.. LOVE IT!!!!

MJ or BombMom.. when I erase the code line in the info.plist about UNDOCKED ICON LABELS - my undocked labels don't return. I don't have them suppressed in Winterboard OR in Springtomize. Is there something I can do to get them back? What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

That's actually with version 3 -- not the very latest you just sent me.. So if I love V3 -- can't wait to install v3b or v4 whatever you're calling it.. LOVE IT!!!!

MJ or BombMom.. when I erase the code line in the info.plist about UNDOCKED ICON LABELS - my undocked labels don't return. I don't have them suppressed in Winterboard OR in Springtomize. Is there something I can do to get them back? What am I doing wrong?
    Just remove the info.plst altogether.

Thanks

Just remove the info.plst altogether.
    Ah. As I did some more testing it seems that there was an info.plist file in the MJSmashLS theme too suppressing labels. So I needed to get rid of the Undocked code in both. I discovered it by accident when I wanted to try a new Lockscreen and deactivated SmashLS but left the SB on where I'd modified the code. My labels appeared after Respring with the different LS in place.

MJ,
    Wow! Just how many different time of day phases for your weather shots have you made in this Widget! Already this morning I've seen one for "Dawn" and then "early morning" is different than dawn. Is that correct? How many different phases of the day do you have different images for, for each weather condition?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-03-2012 at 06:44 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 1,413 Posts

Ah. As I did some more testing it seems that there was an info.plist file in the MJSmashLS theme too suppressing labels. So I needed to get rid of the Undocked code in both. I discovered it by accident when I wanted to try a new Lockscreen and deactivated SmashLS but left the SB on where I'd modified the code. My labels appeared after Respring with the different LS in place.

MJ,
    Wow! Just how many different time of day phases for your weather shots have you made in this Widget! Already this morning I've seen one for "Dawn" and then "early morning" is different than dawn. Is that correct? How many different phases of the day do you have different images for, for each weather condition?
    In therory you could have one pic for every hour of the day.

That is for the timed walls.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

MJ,
    There are a total of 11 images. all the same no matter what your weather condition. If you'd like weather images, go to the config.js...
    turn timed walls to false and static weather to true.

Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    In therory you could have one pic for every hour of the day.

That is for the timed walls.
    Hmmmm....
    Maybe next revision. I can figure that code out by myself.

Thanks

How I'm rolling today
    Border icons as not to obstruct my view.

Minor change. Page 1 is unobstructed, page 2 pulls over to house your icons with an overlay. See screenshot below. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344003796.241602.jpg   MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344004688.459670.jpg   MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget-imageuploadedbymodmyi1344004697.362414.jpg  
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-03-2012 at 08:39 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-03-2012)

Thanks

There are a total of 11 images. all the same no matter what your weather condition. If you'd like weather images, go to the config.js...
    turn timed walls to false and static weather to true.
    Thanks. So are you saying -- that with the timed walls I'm seeing no weather changes at all? No animation either? Only time of day pics? Didn't quite follow you there.. If that's the case I could always add UNAIW no conditions showing (display:none) over your walls to show weather animation I suppose..

And I assume you're referring to V4 - right? V3 doesn't have anything in the config.js that allows me to choose anything about the timed walls.. ?

------UPDATE-----
    Just downloaded your most recent zip to me - I guess version 4.. With the CUBED LS option..

Oh, my -- MJ!! The weather images are breathtaking... on the SB... And LS for that matter.. It looks like I have animated weather AND timed walls. Not sure why I'd want otherwise.. Is there the choice of the 'city line' shots in this version?

The ONLY city pic I didn't like was the overnight shot. I think I know why you picked it - since it showed the lights of the city real bright.. but the red, yellow and green reflections in the water were too much.. Over done.. And they would occlude the cube's text on the SB from being seen clearly. And if you were on a boat in the water taking that shot - I don't think the color reflections would be that bright. and I ask myself FROM WHAT are those reflections coming anyway? Just one artist's eye to another.. LOL!!! Take it all with a grain of salt..

But I want the option of going back to the city pics.. That was one of the most unique aspects of MJSmash. Lots of people are finding amazing weather landscape pics.. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-03-2012 at 12:50 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

Thanks. So are you saying -- that with the timed walls I'm seeing no weather changes at all? No animation either? Only time of day pics? Didn't quite follow you there.. If that's the case I could always add UNAIW no conditions showing (display:none) over your walls to show weather animation I suppose..

And I assume you're referring to V4 - right? V3 doesn't have anything in the config.js that allows me to choose anything about the timed walls.. ?

------UPDATE-----
    Just downloaded your most recent zip to me - I guess version 4.. With the CUBED LS option..

Oh, my -- MJ!! The weather images are breathtaking... on the SB... And LS for that matter.. It looks like I have animated weather AND timed walls. Not sure why I'd want otherwise.. Is there the choice of the 'city line' shots in this version?

The ONLY city pic I didn't like was the overnight shot. I think I know why you picked it - since it showed the lights of the city real bright.. but the red, yellow and green reflections in the water were too much.. Over done.. And they would occlude the cube's text on the SB from being seen clearly. And if you were on a boat in the water taking that shot - I don't think the color reflections would be that bright. and I ask myself FROM WHAT are those reflections coming anyway? Just one artist's eye to another.. LOL!!! Take it all with a grain of salt..

But I want the option of going back to the city pics.. That was one of the most unique aspects of MJSmash. Lots of people are finding amazing weather landscape pics.. :-)

in the config file, you can turn animation on/off SEPARATELY from the walls option.
    So, you have animated weather on or off with EITHER the timed walls or the weather walls.

IF you want to go back to the city images take all the images from OLD VERSION "Day_Night" folder and put them in the NEW VERSION "TimedWall" folder. I will not be putting the old images back.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-03-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dark.knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 568 Posts

perfecto MJ..REALY liked the video and screenshots

24. The Following User Says Thank You to dark.knight For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

in the config file, you can turn animation on/off SEPARATELY from the walls option.
    So, you have animated weather on or off with EITHER the timed walls or the weather walls.

IF you want to go back to the city images take all the images from OLD VERSION "Day_Night" folder and put them in the NEW VERSION "TimedWall" folder. I will not be putting the old images back.
    Understood!! And thanks!

How I'm rolling today
    Border icons as not to obstruct my view.

Minor change. Page 1 is unobstructed, page 2 pulls over to house your icons with an overlay. See screenshot below. Thoughts?
    I think it makes a lot of sense. So many SB widgets I've liked have such great graphics. But I'm only willing to live with 8-10 icons on PAGE 1.. Not for all pages.. I would like the obstructive overlay as an option.. Not a permanent change. Thanks for asking..

Oh - just realized.. How would you get one iconoclasm to work on one page and then something different for the other pages?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-03-2012 at 01:38 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Mama Jaay: Earlier today I made a paypal payment(Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 8TJ46790CX719822J) for your fabulous LS-SB Combo. I am in Dominica in the Eastern Caribbean and we are in the midst of a tropical storm perhaps this is the reason the paypal server went beserk. I sent the payment to [email protected] and the transaction took longer than normal.When it was finally completed my $1 donation turned into $3. This did not concern me because I think you guys deserve the financial recognition for your wonderful work; however, when the transaction was completed $3 was sent to [email protected]. Do you know him? I am leaving for London,UK early tomorrow morning until the end of August and really wanted your work of art on my iphone before I left. This is a perplexing situation that I do not have the time to resolve before I leave. I do alot of transactions on paypal and can't figure out what happened.What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards,
    Joel Smolanoff

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jsmol For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jsmol View Post
    Hi Mama Jaay: Earlier today I made a paypal payment(Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 8TJ46790CX719822J) for your fabulous LS-SB Combo. I am in Dominica in the Eastern Caribbean and we are in the midst of a tropical storm perhaps this is the reason the paypal server went beserk. I sent the payment to [email protected] and the transaction took longer than normal.When it was finally completed my $1 donation turned into $3. This did not concern me because I think you guys deserve the financial recognition for your wonderful work; however, when the transaction was completed $3 was sent to [email protected]. Do you know him? I am leaving for London,UK early tomorrow morning until the end of August and really wanted your work of art on my iphone before I left. This is a perplexing situation that I do not have the time to resolve before I leave. I do alot of transactions on paypal and can't figure out what happened.What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards,
    Joel Smolanoff
    I do know him, however that $3 is for mios.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mama Jaay: This is very confusing. I make a donation to [email protected] expecting to get your LS-SB Combo and it goes to jfriends. What's going on here? I already have MiOS. You should get this straightened out. Now I'm out three dollars and don't have your work. This is totally unacceptable.

J Smolanoff

31. The Following User Says Thank You to jsmol For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me dark.knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,909 Times in 568 Posts

Mama Jaay: This is very confusing. I make a donation to [email protected] expecting to get your LS-SB Combo and it goes to jfriends. What's going on here? I already have MiOS. You should get this straightened out. Now I'm out three dollars and don't have your work. This is totally unacceptable.

J Smolanoff

Don't worry mate , U bd getting the link
    From
    Her in
    No time

33. The Following User Says Thank You to dark.knight For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)

Thanks

J Smolanoff
    Mama will let you have it - no worries. And it's Paypal's issue - not Mama's. PayPal only sends $ where it's directed to. If the $ didn't make it to iOSalliance then it was never sent to them. I'll bet the storm thing had something to do with it. But the donation is only optional. She'll send it.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (08-08-2012)