+ Reply
Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MJSMASH LockScreen/Springboard widget

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Note 1: YES this lock screen rotates. In all four directions. (fif7y's rotating lock script) Note 2: yes it pauses for a half a second. That is to be expected
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,790 Times in 4,022 Posts

Note 1: YES this lock screen rotates. In all four directions. (fif7y's rotating lock script)

Note 2: yes it pauses for a half a second. That is to be expected with the 2048x2048 walls, as it's recentering and resizing the widget for optimum viewing pleasure

Note 3: on the iPad version, you must tap the CENTER of your lockscreen to get the cube to come up.

Note 4: this is not a simple lock to SB conversion for iPad. SB rotation script is completely different than lock rotation on an iPad. We have to contend with stock rotation patterns and adjust accordingly.

Note 5: Rotating SB is being worked on. It's in the early stages, and I'm thinking there will not be animations, because the ram consumption would be crazy--trying to run animations in four different aspects, and trying to keep them centered. Also, your icons will cover them anyway
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-28-2012 at 08:56 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

jjk454ss (08-30-2012), nik1975 (08-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,149 Times in 4,594 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Note 1: YES this lock screen rotates. In all four directions. (fif7y's rotating lock script)

Note 2: yes it pauses for a half a second. That is to be expected with the 2048x2048 walls, as it's recentering and resizing the widget for optimum viewing pleasure

Note 3: on the iPad version, you must tap the CENTER of your lockscreen to get the cube to come up.

Note 4: this is not a simple lock to SB conversion for iPad. SB rotation script is completely different than lock rotation on an iPad. We have to contend with stock rotation patterns and adjust accordingly.

Note 5: Rotating SB is being worked on. It's in the early stages, and I'm thinking there will not be animations, because the ram consumption would be crazy--trying to run animations in four different aspects, and trying to keep them centered. Also, your icons will cover them anyway
    Understood to all. As I said I don't use lockscreens - never saw the point. Even less so with an iPad. SB's are my only interest. And I don't need rotation. I want the timed walls and animated weather in landscape only and I'll be a happy camper. I think I can make it happen.

Wonderful work!! You've really stoked my desire for those amazing images on the iPad!

Keep up the great work!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Understood to all. As I said I don't use lockscreens - never saw the point. Even less so with an iPad. SB's are my only interest. And I don't need rotation. I want the timed walls and animated weather in landscape only and I'll be a happy camper. I think I can make it happen.

Wonderful work!! You've really stoked my desire for those amazing images on the iPad!

Keep up the great work!!
    Well if that's all you want, then rename LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html and add display:none;
    To the overlay and the word clock.

Voila!

Thanks

Well if that's all you want, then rename LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html and add display:none;
    To the overlay and the word clock.

Voila!
    Yep. Already done. You guys have taught me well!! :-).. Running real well on SB..

But here's something I think you'd want to know, MJ. Traditional rain drops are GIGANTIC. Something went wrong in the conversion there. And where's the Humidity #? Is it getting hidden by the long Weather Description?

And then finally you left the info.plist in tact with this Lockscreen that suppresses icon names. Not sure that was your intent with a Lockscreen.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Yep. Already done. You guys have taught me well!! :-).. Running real well on SB..

But here's something I think you'd want to know, MJ. Traditional rain drops are GIGANTIC. Something went wrong in the conversion there. And where's the Humidity #? Is it getting hidden by the long Weather Description?

And then finally you left the info.plist in tact with this Lockscreen that suppresses icon names. Not sure that was your intent with a Lockscreen.
    Leave it up yo you, Grant, to be my "bug" tester.

I'm gonna look, but I'm pretty sure my humidity works. The raindrops can be resized easily and yes, I'll take the plst out for the next update. Here comes v 1.2...

Thanks

Changes coming.
    Added a readme file
    Fixed timed walls...(stayed light outside too long)
    Removed plst
    Resized raindrops
    Optimized .pngs for faster performance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (08-29-2012)

Thanks

Leave it up yo you, Grant, to be my "bug" tester.

I'm gonna look, but I'm pretty sure my humidity works. The raindrops can be resized easily and yes, I'll take the plst out for the next update. Here comes v 1.2...
    You okay with me being a 'bug tester'? Some modders have been offended by the input. :-/ (sensitive artist types - I guess.. LOL!!).. JK.. I can tend to be 'oafish' in the way I word things.. Tryin' to ramp that back.

I know you're "on these updates", MJ.. This is so beautiful -- I DID use it as my iPad Lockscreen and I stare at it.. LOL!!!!

Even though I got it to work on SB - the timed walls are locked in Portrait. Is there a 'simple' command to get it to LOCK into Landscape? I don't need rotation - until you all are done. I just want this 'interim' step -- to have the walls/animations locked in "Landscape/Home button to the right" position.

I found the code in Main.js "If Center screen >800...... else.... that looks like rotational code.. but I'm just not good enough with the commands yet to change orientation.

Zero pressure -- only if you have time and is easy mod for me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

MJSmash Rotating iPad LS
    Available in Cydia on the MacCiti Repo

"One of the first of it's Kind"

YOUTUBE video
    Click here to see it in action

UPDATED AUG 29, 2012
    -Lockscreen ROTATES in all four orientatations (Thanks to Fif7y for his rotation script)
    -choice of:
    Timed Walls (hourly)
    Static Weather images
    User Wallpaper (must have wallpaper jpegifier.)
    -animated weather (can be turned off for a "lite" version.
    -Cube Mod with weather info
    -Touch Function on LockScreen (will not work with LockInfo)
    -Now fully translated in English or French. (Thanks, Dacal)
    -WordClock

Options in Setup/Config.js

Many of the biggest names in weather widgets had their input on this, to make sure that it runs properly, so thank them when you see them. Contributors--Bombmom, Dacal, ChevyMuscleCar, MaxPa1n, The Durben, Schnedi, Fif7y, and the whole iOSAlliance Team.

If you'd like to show your thanks, feel free to donate to the iOSAlliance PayPal:
    [email protected]

**to change the color, go into the CSS and search "ff33cc" and change it to whatever color you like**
    **to make the cube appear, please tap in the CENTER of your lockscreen**

Enjoy it!

8/28/2012 - Intial Release
    8/29/2012 - Removed plst, Changed TimedWalls (stayed light too long), resized raindrops, changed splash screen, optimized .pngs for speed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

nik1975 (08-29-2012)

Thanks

You okay with me being a 'bug tester'? Some modders have been offended by the input. :-/ (sensitive artist types - I guess.. LOL!!).. JK.. I can tend to be 'oafish' in the way I word things.. Tryin' to ramp that back.

I know you're "on these updates", MJ.. This is so beautiful -- I DID use it as my iPad Lockscreen and I stare at it.. LOL!!!!

Even though I got it to work on SB - the timed walls are locked in Portrait. Is there a 'simple' command to get it to LOCK into Landscape? I don't need rotation - until you all are done. I just want this 'interim' step -- to have the walls/animations locked in "Landscape/Home button to the right" position.

I found the code in Main.js "If Center screen >800...... else.... that looks like rotational code.. but I'm just not good enough with the commands yet to change orientation.

Zero pressure -- only if you have time and is easy mod for me.
    Grant, here is the shortest answer I can give you, and I hope this makes sense.

iPad SB widgets do NOT rotate unless they are written with a special script (that's what we are working in now) the rotation code and script for LS and SB are completely different. With that said, regardless of the fact that the version you have has rotation code in it for LS, it's completely useless code when you convert the LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html so, there's no "command" as you put it, that will lock these timed backgrounds in landscape mode for SB use. HOWEVER... We CAN "think outside the box" Send the whole TimedWall folder to your computer. Open each .jpg with the photo editing software of your choice and rotate them 90 degrees. (you'll have to figure out on your own if clockwise or counterclockwise is the "right" way depending on how you wanna hold your iPad) save the file with the same file name and extension and send the WHOLE TimedWall Folder (all at once, or you'll break the widget) back to its correct location in the theme folders' structure.

Then, same as always, winterboard> uncheck, recheck, respring.

Thanks

Grant, here is the shortest answer I can give you, and I hope this makes sense.

iPad SB widgets do NOT rotate unless they are written with a special script (that's what we are working in now) the rotation code and script for LS and SB are completely different. With that said, regardless of the fact that the version you have has rotation code in it for LS, it's completely useless code when you convert the LockBackground.html to Wallpaper.html so, there's no "command" as you put it, that will lock these timed backgrounds in landscape mode for SB use. HOWEVER... We CAN "think outside the box" Send the whole TimedWall folder to your computer. Open each .jpg with the photo editing software of your choice and rotate them 90 degrees. (you'll have to figure out on your own if clockwise or counterclockwise is the "right" way depending on how you wanna hold your iPad) save the file with the same file name and extension and send the WHOLE TimedWall Folder (all at once, or you'll break the widget) back to its correct location in the theme folders' structure.

Then, same as always, winterboard> uncheck, recheck, respring.
    I love thinking outside the box, MJ!! Thanks!

I suppose I can also study Eric's iMatte for iPad for SB where he locks that widget to Landscape. That could give me some clues. A number of folks would love your Cube as iWidget too. my guesses that's an easy convert for you.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

I love thinking outside the box, MJ!! Thanks!

I suppose I can also study Eric's iMatte for iPad for SB where he locks that widget to Landscape. That could give me some clues. A number of folks would love your Cube as iWidget too. my guesses that's an easy convert for you.
    Eric's is not "locked" into landscape. The widget was just created that way, much the same way as I'm telling you to rotate your pics on the computer.

iWidget...

It definitely is a cool tweak. But my phone doesn't seem to like it. I've tried to install it 6 different times, each time With different mobile substrate add ons, once after a fresh jailbreak. I've tried the stable and unstable versions, the direct deb installation, the cydia repo install,and each time I get either a bootloop, a respring loop, or nothing at all.

My iPod, however installs just fine. So, it's not anything I'm doing wrong, my phone just doesn't like it. But it's not like I can take my phone to the apple geniuses and say, "give me an AppleCare replacement because I want to run the jailbreak tweak 'iWidget' and my phone obviously has some kind of internal hardware conflict." can you imagine the resulting conversation there in the Apple Store? LOL.

With that said, I don't want the cube pulled out of this mod. I want it to stay intact.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-29-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Thanks

Eric's is not "locked" into landscape. The widget was just created that way, much the same way as I'm telling you to rotate your pics on the computer.

iWidget...

It definitely is a cool tweak. But my phone doesn't seem to like it. I've tried to install it 6 different times, each time With different mobile substrate add ons, once after a fresh jailbreak. I've tried the stable and unstable versions, the direct deb installation, the cydia repo install,and each time I get either a bootloop, a respring loop, or nothing at all.

My iPod, however installs just fine. So, it's not anything I'm doing wrong, my phone just doesn't like it. But it's not like I can take my phone to the apple geniuses and say, "give me an AppleCare replacement because I want to run the jailbreak tweak 'iWidget' and my phone obviously has some kind of internal hardware conflict." can you imagine the resulting conversation there in the Apple Store? LOL.

With that said, I don't want the cube pulled out of this mod. I want it to stay intact.
    Fair enough. Some will still pull it out.. Like me. But now I know you'll not want it shared as its own element on the forums here. No problem.

Weird about iWidget. You're not running Infiniboard - right. They conflict. I have over 50 tweaks on my iphone and iWidget works beautifully. So you've tried turning off, one by one, each mobile substrate in MORE of SBSettings? And still no clear culprit?

iWidget is the future. But as you imply there - you're niche is more 'full mods' and that's where you can have your mark, MJ. MJSmash is the first of its kind with TimedWalls hourly (something I actually hinted to you - hourly that is-- LOL!).

One other thing. I am only a rank apprentice modder -but you know I have an eye and can tweak enough just to be dangerous. I'd be happy to make the animation adjustment between landscape and portrait in the rotating SB version if you'll allow me. I can get Dacal's animation perfectly aligned to a general positioning that fits all walls. MJSmash won't be near as 'complete' without the option. Your call of course. You know I'll be doing for myself anyway. I understand your not wanting to tie up Alliance time with too much.

P.S. Raindrop size unchanged in the upgrade. Sorry. Still huge.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-29-2012 at 03:39 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Fair enough. Some will still pull it out.. Like me. But now I know you'll not want it shared as its own element on the forums here. No problem.

Weird about iWidget. You're not running Infiniboard - right. They conflict. I have over 50 tweaks on my iphone and iWidget works beautifully. So you've tried turning off, one by one, each mobile substrate in MORE of SBSettings? And still no clear culprit?

iWidget is the future. But as you imply there - you're niche is more 'full mods' and that's where you can have your mark, MJ. MJSmash is the first of its kind with TimedWalls hourly (something I actually hinted to you - hourly that is-- LOL!).

One other thing. I am only a rank apprentice modder -but you know I have an eye and can tweak enough just to be dangerous. I'd be happy to make the animation adjustment between landscape and portrait in the rotating SB version if you'll allow me. I can get Dacal's animation perfectly aligned to a general positioning that fits all walls. MJSmash won't be near as 'complete' without the option. Your call of course. You know I'll be doing for myself anyway. I understand your not wanting to tie up Alliance time with too much.

P.S. Raindrop size unchanged in the upgrade. Sorry. Still huge.
    But I swear I fixed that. What's your weather code?

Yeah... I just Rofl'd they are pretty huge... Will try again

It's the CSS

In the CSS/weather/
    There's a ton of CSS in there. Any that have a #dropcontainer entry need to be changed

width: 15px;
    height: 18px;

I will change these and include in next update, but until then you can modify them yourself
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks

But I swear I fixed that. What's your weather code?

Yeah... I just Rofl'd they are pretty huge... Will try again

It's the CSS

In the CSS/weather/
    There's a ton of CSS in there. Any that have a #dropcontainer entry need to be changed

width: 15px;
    height: 18px;

I will change these and include in next update, but until then you can modify them yourself
    Okay. For what it's worth - the drops didn't look normal again until I made the DropContainers to 13px/16px. 15/18 was still too large. iWidgets like Chevy's brilliant one for Boss required a reduction in DropContainer size for raindrops too. Everything is larger on an iPad it would seem. A pixel is double the size it is on an iPhone.. Right?

And, MJ, the info.plist was still in 2.1 too.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Okay. For what it's worth - the drops didn't look normal again until I made the DropContainers to 13px/16px. 15/18 was still too large. iWidgets like Chevy's brilliant one for Boss required a reduction in DropContainer size for raindrops too. Everything is larger on an iPad it would seem. A pixel is double the size it is on an iPhone.. Right?

And, MJ, the info.plist was still in 2.1 too.
    What 2.1?
    I haven't released a download link for the iPad update yet. It's still waiting for update in cydia. And that's only v1.2

The only download link on first post is the iPhone version

Thanks

What 2.1?
    I haven't released a download link for the iPad update yet. It's still waiting for update in cydia. And that's only v1.2

The only download link on first post is the iPhone version
    In Cydia your 'next version' of iPad showed as an available upgrade yesterday. So I upgraded to a newer version of iPad one yesterday. You sent a post on several threads referring to having fixed raindrops, gotten rid of .plist, etc. it's to that upgrade of the iPad version I'm referring.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

In Cydia your 'next version' of iPad showed as an available upgrade yesterday. So I upgraded to a newer version of iPad one yesterday. You sent a post on several threads referring to having fixed raindrops, gotten rid of .plist, etc. it's to that upgrade of the iPad version I'm referring.
    Oh. That was v 1.0a
    Minor changes.

V1.2 is not live yet

EDIT 1.2 is now live
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 08-30-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks

Oh. That was v 1.0a
    Minor changes.

V1.2 is not live yet

EDIT 1.2 is now live
    Cool! So it's on 1.2 that you fixed raindrops and got rid of info.plist?

15/18 raindrops were still too big. It needs 13/16 at the largest to mimick its iPhone counterpart.

Thanks,
    Grant

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)

Thanks

Cool! So it's on 1.2 that you fixed raindrops and got rid of info.plist?

15/18 raindrops were still too big. It needs 13/16 at the largest to mimick its iPhone counterpart.

Thanks,
    Grant
    1.2 does not have the rain fixed in the CSS, only modified raindrop image size

But yes the other changes were made in 1.2

Rain will be fixed in 1.3

Thanks

1.2 does not have the rain fixed in the CSS, only modified raindrop image size

But yes the other changes were made in 1.2

Rain will be fixed in 1.3
    Cool! Just out of curiosity - where is 'raindop image size' accessed? Or is that a PhotoShop thing - the actual picture itself?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

MamaJaay (04-27-2013)