+ Reply
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carla for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by winfis What do you want to change it to? Regular weather glyphs? That lockscreen is designed to work with images, to provide a more immersive weather experience
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winfis View Post
    What do you want to change it to? Regular weather glyphs? That lockscreen is designed to work with images, to provide a more immersive weather experience (you could say). If you want, you can try the other lockscreens Carla has and see if they match your needs.
    Sorry winfis i actually meant the carla widget LS i5 theme...I just want to change the weather pics u gave us to ones of black & white and ones more suited to the scenery of my location

Thanks

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you! You can do it very easily, then!

Here's the code you have to use to replace the images: Carla Widget LS - Weather codes.txt
    In the list you'll se a number followed by a description. You have to name your images using the number (the description let's you see exactly when it will be displayed).

The images have to be 640x960 (old iPhone resolution) and you might have to move them up and down so they fit right where you want them. You can use one of the ones that already there and see what parts are cropped and what parts are shown to see what you will see.

After that, just place the images to /Library/Themes/Carla Widget LS i5.theme/Icon Sets/WeatherImages/

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!
    @WinfisDesign

Thanks

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you! You can do it very easily, then!

Here's the code you have to use to replace the images: Carla Widget LS - Weather codes.txt
    In the list you'll se a number followed by a description. You have to name your images using the number (the description let's you see exactly when it will be displayed).

The images have to be 640x960 (old iPhone resolution) and you might have to move them up and down so they fit right where you want them. You can use one of the ones that already there and see what parts are cropped and what parts are shown to see what you will see.

After that, just place the images to /Library/Themes/Carla Widget LS i5.theme/Icon Sets/WeatherImages/

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!
    Ok sounds easy enuf, can I do this in ifile or must it be done in photoshop?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 69Boots10 View Post
    Ok sounds easy enuf, can I do this in ifile or must it be done in photoshop?
    You'll have to create the images using Photoshop (or similar software) and then transfer it to iFile. I suggest you create all the images, compress them and then send it to your iPhone. Then, using iFile, uncompress the file and you'll have all the images in place.

If you know how to SSH into your iPhone (really easy), you just put the images in place and will be good to go!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Im using this theme as I totally liked it but cant manage to get my screens to look the way I wish they would.

Here are my issues:

1. Lockscreen - Im using LockScreen Widget 2 by Zooropalg (Theme it Blog » Blog Archive » Carla User Mods) but I cant get the unlock screen button to look the way it does there. Mine still looks like the original one and not the sleek look this one has pictured. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to move the icons up a bit more on this screen to make it look more in the middle.

2. Pages (think its refered to as SB --- sorry dont know the exact lingo here) Im using SpringBoard Widget by Zooropalg also from the same site above and am wondering how to get the wooden dock icon.

Finally, I was wondering what packages are required to get the following:
    1. Handwritten lettering that replaced the service provider
    2. Reflective Dock (I have this installed but it doesnt work)
    3. I noticed some have a dock where the outer icons are more on an angle

Im using iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1.3 JB.

My WB settings are as such:
    Carla - Zooropalg - LS
    Carla - Zoorapalg - SB
    Carla UI
    Carla Status Bar
    No undocked Icon Labels
    No docked icon lables
    Carla Icons

Finally, what does Carla - Auxo Circles and Folders allow? Is there a way to allow more icons/apps within Folders

I apologize for the newbie questions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I was wondering if its possible to obtain the following icons for this amazing theme:

TheScore (itunes - sports app)
    TSN Mobile (itunes - sports app)
    AppCake (cydia)
    TweetCaster (itunes - social media)
    RBC (itunes - banking app)
    Angry Birds - Star Wars (itunes - game)
    Fifa 13 - (itunes game)
    Songza (itunes)
    Starbucks (itunes)

Also, is there different stock icons that can be used or a link for them?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by grupyville View Post
    I was wondering if its possible to obtain the following icons for this amazing theme:

TheScore (itunes - sports app)
    TSN Mobile (itunes - sports app)
    AppCake (cydia)
    TweetCaster (itunes - social media)
    RBC (itunes - banking app)
    Angry Birds - Star Wars (itunes - game)
    Fifa 13 - (itunes game)
    Songza (itunes)
    Starbucks (itunes)

Also, is there different stock icons that can be used or a link for them?

Thanks in advance!!
    Hi,

I'll add those to the to-do list! I'll see what I can do!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thank you so much...i do appreciate your quick response.

I also have:

Street Fighter IV (itunes - game)
    Fruit Ninja
    Words with Friends
    Bewjewelled 2
    Ashphalt 7

Also, if there is a PSD that I can use to help you pls let me know...Id like to contribute to this great skin.

Thanks

The PSD for the icons has been available since day 1! Here it is: Droplr • Carla Templates.zip

Thanks!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ill see what I can do with it...havent used PS often but willing to give it a go.

How do you get the small LS slider on this theme?

I have implemented the following on WB:

Carla - Zooropalg LS
    Carla - Zooropalg SB
    Carla UI
    Caral StatusBar
    No undocked Icon Labels
    No docked icon lables
    Carla Icons

Also, does anyone know what to use to change the service provider into a different name in Handwriting? I have seen Zooropalg use it and a few others on here.
    Last edited by grupyville; 06-13-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks

Im using this theme as I totally liked it but cant manage to get my screens to look the way I wish they would.

Here are my issues:

1. Lockscreen - Im using LockScreen Widget 2 by Zooropalg (Theme it – Blog » Blog Archive » Carla User Mods) but I cant get the unlock screen button to look the way it does there. Mine still looks like the original one and not the sleek look this one has pictured. Also, I was wondering if there is a way to move the icons up a bit more on this screen to make it look more in the middle.

2. Pages (think its refered to as SB --- sorry dont know the exact lingo here) Im using SpringBoard Widget by Zooropalg also from the same site above and am wondering how to get the wooden dock icon.

Finally, I was wondering what packages are required to get the following:
    1. Handwritten lettering that replaced the service provider
    2. Reflective Dock (I have this installed but it doesnt work)
    3. I noticed some have a dock where the outer icons are more on an angle

Im using iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1.3 JB.

My WB settings are as such:
    Carla - Zooropalg - LS
    Carla - Zoorapalg - SB
    Carla UI
    Carla Status Bar
    No undocked Icon Labels
    No docked icon lables
    Carla Icons

Finally, what does Carla - Auxo Circles and Folders allow? Is there a way to allow more icons/apps within Folders

I apologize for the newbie questions.
    1. To get that slider, enable Carla Minimalistic Locksreen.

2. In that page there's a "Dock Mod". Download that and put it inside Library/Themes/

3.1 The handwritting is not a font. I wrote it myself and then created an image and applied it using Zeppelin.
    3.2 I haven't created that, but I've seen many people using it. Try having a look through different thread here in ModMyi.
    3.3 That's from a tweak called Springtomize or another one called Cascade.
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    1. To get that slider, enable Carla Minimalistic Locksreen.

2. In that page there's a "Dock Mod". Download that and put it inside Library/Themes/

3.1 The handwritting is not a font. I wrote it myself and then created an image and applied it using Zeppelin.
    3.2 I haven't created that, but I've seen many people using it. Try having a look through different thread here in ModMyi.
    3.3 That's from a tweak called Springtomize or another one called Cascade.
    I appreciate the help and applied your suggestions.

1. The slider on the LS is still the default large slider and not the narrow one with the words UNLOCK at the bottom. The camera on the LS has shrunk to the corner more but the unlock switch is still quite large...I also placed the Minimalistic LS at the top of WB and its enabled.

Thanks

Oh, now I realize that you are using a 3GS. Are you using "Carla for iOS - SD"? If so, I might have to test it again.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Oh, now I realize that you are using a 3GS. Are you using "Carla for iOS - SD"? If so, I might have to test it again.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion!
    Definitely dont be sorry...I appreciate your help and the wicked theme you have shared with everyone.

Im on a 3GS and using the SD version of your theme as I read that version is for the 3GS phones.

The other thing I noticed is when I placed icons into folders, my original wallpaper shows and not the one that is applied on Carla when I select a folder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have another question...you may put me on block shortly...lol...

Im using CallMe app and wanted to create a few icons for my favs. I wanted to place them on the Search SB page, when you toggle to the left. Im wondering if this is possible to do and if there is a way for me to add this feature on my phone. I rarely use the Search and would rather have a page with contacts that I can quickly dial as I would find that quite convenient.

Thanks

Definitely dont be sorry...I appreciate your help and the wicked theme you have shared with everyone.

Im on a 3GS and using the SD version of your theme as I read that version is for the 3GS phones.

The other thing I noticed is when I placed icons into folders, my original wallpaper shows and not the one that is applied on Carla when I select a folder.
    Yes, that version if for the 3GS. I'm going to see if I can find out what's wrong with it. Does the Carla Lockscreen.theme work? Or it doesn't do anything, either?

And that folder problem... Are you using a HTML Widget SB theme? I think that's the problem.

I have another question...you may put me on block shortly...lol...

Im using CallMe app and wanted to create a few icons for my favs. I wanted to place them on the Search SB page, when you toggle to the left. Im wondering if this is possible to do and if there is a way for me to add this feature on my phone. I rarely use the Search and would rather have a page with contacts that I can quickly dial as I would find that quite convenient.
    If you have questions, just ask! No problem!

I'm afraid what you are trying to do is not possible. The Spotlight page can not host icons, so you'll have to figure out another place to put them.
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Ive tried using the Carla Lockscreen and it will change the actual lock slide to a more smaller version but the black bar overly for the slider at the bottom remains quite thick.

Im not using any HTML Widgets SB...here is what I have implemented and in order:

Carla LS
    Carla WeatherIcon
    Carla-Zoorpalg-LS
    Carl-Zoorpalg-SB
    Carla Clockify
    Carla UI
    Carla NewTag
    Carla NCSettings
    Carla Dark Blue Dialer
    No Undocked Icon Labels
    No Docked Icon Labels
    Carla Icons

Thanks

Ive tried using the Carla Lockscreen and it will change the actual lock slide to a more smaller version but the black bar overly for the slider at the bottom remains quite thick.

Im not using any HTML Widgets SB...here is what I have implemented and in order:

Carla LS
    Carla WeatherIcon
    Carla-Zoorpalg-LS
    Carl-Zoorpalg-SB
    Carla Clockify
    Carla UI
    Carla NewTag
    Carla NCSettings
    Carla Dark Blue Dialer
    No Undocked Icon Labels
    No Docked Icon Labels
    Carla Icons
    Can you post some screenshots? Thanks!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here it is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Carla for iOS-photo.png  

Thanks

Here it is...
    What happens when you enable Carla Minimalistic Lockscreen and put it at the top of the list in Winterboard? Could you post a screenshot? Thanks!
    @WinfisDesign

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-07-2014, 10:41 PM