+ Reply
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carla for iOS

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
can you explain to me how to get downloads from dropbox from my computer to my phone
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

can you explain to me how to get downloads from dropbox from my computer to my phone

iPhone? More like MyPhone 3083joe's Avatar
    Thanks

You have to use a program like ispirit or iexplore. This will let to get into the file system. Need to go to / var stash themes and place all winter board themes into there

Just drag and drop

Thanks

lets say i have it on dropbox on my phone?
    its and sb widget

Thanks

You need Ifile. When you download to dropbox there's an arrow that will bring up a menu to open in Ifile do hat then unarchive and move to where you want. Unarchiving my take a loooooooog time So be patient.

Thanks

so ive got dropbox on my iphone but i dont see an arrow anywhere unless i you mean the one that says upload

Thanks

N no you will not see it unless you click on the file then bottom then bottom right an arrow going into a box hit that an open in ifile

Thanks

this what i see in ifile and dropbox and i have successfully linked my ifile to my dropbox. after this i have am no idea what to do

Thanks
    Thanked 5,940 Times in 1,410 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aleandroid View Post

this what i see in ifile and dropbox and i have successfully linked my ifile to my dropbox. after this i have am no idea what to do
    Best to have it as a .zip, then tap on the file, and Dropbox will say you can't view it. On the "can't view" page, you'll see a button in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open the .zip in ifile, where you can un-archive (unzip) and them copy to var/stash/Themes.
    Edit: Seeing as you have registered version of ifile, you can hold down on the SB Widget folder (in ifile), and then copy and paste it into var/stash/Themes/
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 11-27-2012 at 11:01 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-27-2012)

Thanks

Yep need as a zip the when you click on in you will have the option to open in Ifile

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can some one tell me if there is a color keyboard for Carla to use ? Or a nice font to use with Carla theme ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, I saw that you updated Carla to iOS6. I haven't bought it, but I do have a quick question:
    Does the background for the emergency call in the lockscreen work? I've seen a bunch of "iOS6 compatible" themes, and either they didn't have a custom lockscreen, or after you press "emergency call" the original background loads after a couple seconds.
    If you found a way that Carla keeps its own background there, would you share it with me? I'm trying to make a theme iOS6 ready, and that's the only thing which is still missing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hutattedonmyarm View Post
    Hey, I saw that you updated Carla to iOS6. I haven't bought it, but I do have a quick question:
    Does the background for the emergency call in the lockscreen work? I've seen a bunch of "iOS6 compatible" themes, and either they didn't have a custom lockscreen, or after you press "emergency call" the original background loads after a couple seconds.
    If you found a way that Carla keeps its own background there, would you share it with me? I'm trying to make a theme iOS6 ready, and that's the only thing which is still missing!
    I'm afraid I haven't found a magical way to make that work! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_ View Post
    Can some one tell me if there is a color keyboard for Carla to use ? Or a nice font to use with Carla theme ?
    Carla comes with a Color Keyboard and a font!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.0 with iOS 6 and iPhone 5 compatibility is out in Cydia and Theme it! Go check it out!
    @WinfisDesign

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't know if there is a problem with the theme. I installed version 2.0, activated using Winterboard and my phone froze. Did a hard reset and am now stuck in the Apple logo. Performing a restore now.

EDIT : False call. Installed Winterboard and Carla right after restoring and jailbreaking. Seems to work fine now. Strange.

EDIT 2: The lockbackground on the Carla Widget Lockscreen.theme is still in the iPhone 4 resolution. How do I change it to the iPhone 5 resolution?
    Last edited by sacred; 02-10-2013 at 04:41 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Calculator & Dialpad
    I can't get the Calculator or Dial Keypad to take on the Carla theme. Any help would be appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anybody facing notification alert problem?
    e.g.
    1) i got msg from whatsapp.. i heard the sound but there is nothing there..
    2) game's push notification also dont have
    3) email push notification also same.......
    Last edited by dannylak23; 02-11-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    I don't know if there is a problem with the theme. I installed version 2.0, activated using Winterboard and my phone froze. Did a hard reset and am now stuck in the Apple logo. Performing a restore now.

EDIT : False call. Installed Winterboard and Carla right after restoring and jailbreaking. Seems to work fine now. Strange.

EDIT 2: The lockbackground on the Carla Widget Lockscreen.theme is still in the iPhone 4 resolution. How do I change it to the iPhone 5 resolution?
    To change the LockBackground to the iPhone 5, try replacing the file inside /Library/Themes/Carla Widget Lockscreen.theme for this one: 808-568h@2x~iphone.png

Quote Originally Posted by NickPro View Post
    I can't get the Calculator or Dial Keypad to take on the Carla theme. Any help would be appreciated.
    Calculator and Dial KeyPad are not themed in this version. Calculator is a lot of work and I wanted to share the update first and then work these other things out (Calc, Compass...). It will come in the future, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dannylak23 View Post

Anybody facing notification alert problem?
    e.g.
    1) i got msg from whatsapp.. i heard the sound but there is nothing there..
    2) game's push notification also dont have
    3) email push notification also same.......
    That's a problem with the Widget background. I know it sucks, but it mainly a Winterboard's problem on how it handles the HTML Lockscreen. If I can find a fix, I'll make sure to update the theme!
    @WinfisDesign

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a few things, not sure if if there problems, or if i just did something wrong.
    Some of the apple apps aren't skinned, such as the weather app, dial pad, music app.
    Also, i don't appear to have the font.
    Is there something i forgot to do?

Thanks

So I installed this great theme tonight on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1. I love it, but cannot get any of the widgets to work with iwidget?! Every time I try to place one on the springboard, I get a crash of the phone. This is only with the Carla widgets, not others. Help as I really want to use everything this theme has to offer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drmacrofish View Post
    So I installed this great theme tonight on my iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1. I love it, but cannot get any of the widgets to work with iwidget?! Every time I try to place one on the springboard, I get a crash of the phone. This is only with the Carla widgets, not others. Help as I really want to use everything this theme has to offer.
    Anyone else experience this? I uninstalled everything, rebooted phone, reinstalled the package and got the same result. Using any Carla widget for iWidget causes a crash and makes the phone go into safe mode. I can use iWidgets from other themes though, no problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This has also been my experience with Carla iwidgets on iOS 5 and iOS 6. They were probably made for the initial version of iwidgets, which is not compatible with the newer iwidgets with options to change Language and unit from within!
    Something for Winfis to look at and answer?
    Best regards
    Last edited by deanan; 02-13-2013 at 09:46 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to deanan For This Useful Post:

drmacrofish (02-13-2013)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-07-2014, 10:41 PM