+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S III UI

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I was helping my dad look for a phone the other day and he ended up getting the S III . I instantly fell in love with it . I
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Samsung Galaxy S III UI (updated: 7/24)
    I was helping my dad look for a phone the other day and he ended up getting the S III . I instantly fell in love with it . I got the idea to try and recreate it on the iPhone , but I have no background at all with theming or anything . I didn't know if I should make a Dreamboard theme and try and put the widgets on there or make a Winterboard theme with widgets for like PerPageHtml or something . Like I mentioned , I have no idea what I'm doing with theming . The thought of all this .plist stuff and what not scares me ! I just thought making a theme from scratch would be a fun project to keep myself entertained ! Just thought I'd share my idea ! If anyone wants to take over my work , feel free to !

So far I've only themed a few icons and attempted a dialer theme . For some reason , my icons were bigger than normal when I themed them and not HD (I made a ____.png and [email protected] file but it didn't work) . I used Bigify and made the icon size 75% . I tried getting rid of the dim the iPhone creates on wallpapers , but I must've not saved it to the right location . I attempted creating the Page Indicators and they were kind of successful . I couldn't find a Google Search widget so I decided to make a picture of the Search Widget the icon for the Google Search app but I'm having trouble getting it just right .

If anyone has any ideas or is willing to help , feel free to message me ! Like I said , this theme is just from scratch and for the fun of it , so if you're looking forward to anything , I cannot promise anything special ! I'm debating if I should keep going or wait for someone to make a professional one !

Update : I've decided I'm going to make this like a journal almost , posting updates with new progress and editing the title whenever I do so . I went through and resized all the icons so now they are all the same size , however , I still like the look of using 80% on Bigify . I made some new icons also today :

Samsung Galaxy S III UI-photo.png

Samsung Galaxy S III UI-photo_1.pngSamsung Galaxy S III UI-photo_2.png
    Last edited by joshman458; 07-24-2012 at 10:30 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone amassenburg's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't played with the GS3 yet, but it looks good, A dreamboard theme would be cool, but theirs quite a few Android themes for it.. Plus with you amount of experience it may not be too easy for you.. Full UI Themes are always nice, they add to the theme's experience...

I'm kinda caught up on my theme, But I MIGHT be able to help with Stock Icons and some App Store/Cydia Icons...
    What you have so far could use some work but it's a good start

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

If you get a hold of stock GS III ROM, you can pull authentic app icon images from there. I'm sure a look around on X D A's forums would help you.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

This theme is a crime against nature!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Sad_Cat (08-09-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amassenburg View Post
    I haven't played with the GS3 yet, but it looks good, A dreamboard theme would be cool, but theirs quite a few Android themes for it.. Plus with you amount of experience it may not be too easy for you.. Full UI Themes are always nice, they add to the theme's experience...

I'm kinda caught up on my theme, But I MIGHT be able to help with Stock Icons and some App Store/Cydia Icons...
    What you have so far could use some work but it's a good start
    Yeah , Dreamboard would be awesome but I'll have to do some research on how to make one . And thanks for any help you can provide ! I've been downloading ROMs from the internet and using icons from there but I'm thinking about using stock Android icons for anything I don't find in the ROM

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    If you get a hold of stock GS III ROM, you can pull authentic app icon images from there. I'm sure a look around on X D A's forums would help you.
    Thanks for the advice ! I've been downloading quite a few ROMs and seeing what I can pull from it , but so far I've been pretty unsuccessful . Once my dad gets the phone , I may take screenshots on it or something and crop out each icon for the ones I don't have !

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    This theme is a crime against nature!!

I know
    Last edited by joshman458; 07-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Daniel212's Avatar
    Thanks

Any updates about this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this going ahaead because I'd really like to download this theme as I am a fan of android.

PS. What lockscreen theme is this?e4a8c272.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone amassenburg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YugiBlue View Post
    Is this going ahaead because I'd really like to download this theme as I am a fan of android.

PS. What lockscreen theme is this?Attachment 640857
    Not that I know of... Not a whole lot of TouchWiz/Android fans here, so there probably wasn't much support.
    And the Tweak itself is probably AndroidLock XT. and a Winterboard theme to change the Clock BG...

And next time you might wanna reconsider bumping such an old topic.