+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Introducing my debut theme, The Colouroid Series . Firstly, I'd like to say a huge thanks to my beta testers, it wouldn't have been possible without you! Also, Going through
    iPhone? More like MyPhone butler007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series
    Introducing my debut theme,The Colouroid Series. Firstly, I'd like to say a huge thanks to my beta testers, it wouldn't have been possible without you! Also, Going through this process I have learnt a lot, but more than anything, I now have huge respect for anybody who puts together a complete theme. Loads of respect to you all!

The idea behind this is to simply use vivid colours to bring a bit of life back to iOS and a touch of class is added by the use of classic Polaroid frames. Here's what you'll get for your money:

Icons
    Simple and elegant, my icons are unique and eye catching, and I've packaged them seperately for anybody who like to mix and match themes. On top of the standard icons are themes for the LiveWeather icon and clockify, which both blend seamlessly in with the rest of the theme

Lockscreen and homescreen
    The lockscreen consists of a simple but effective time, date and weather widget on the bottom and a Polaroid frames on the top. These frames are filled using the images you set, through the standard settings, as your lockscreen background (left) and homescreen background (right). The theme also includes an option to display just one picture, as seen below. The time/date widget is also used on the homescreen.

PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-springboard.png

UI and apps theme
    The UI and apps themes (all default apps) are split into folders: the basic theme which will always need to be activated, and 5 different colour versions of the remainder of the theme: Red, green, blue, pink and orange. That means everything you see below is available in all of these colours, changing the whole feel of the device, but keeping the same theme, with just one tap.

PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-screenshots1.png
    PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-screenshots2.png
    PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-screenshots3.png
    PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-screenshots4.png

Extras
    Also with the theme, comes matching themes for colourkeyboard (simple to match the theme and with a different version for each colour) and a SnowCover theme to blend in with each lockscreen.

PREVIEW - The Colouroid Series-addons.png

All of this will be available soon for just $1.49! I'm just improving the last few parts then all will be submitted. Any feedback, comments or questions would be very much appreciated!

Also, I plan to keep up with any icon requests for as long as possible, and will be working on a theme for SBSettings very shortly.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (07-20-2012), CrossoverDoc (08-01-2012), itsTrentB (08-14-2012), togomaku (07-17-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 909 Posts

Very colourful theme...I like this
    Will you be theming some apps like Facebook,what's app,tweetbot and bitesms to match all the colours as it is nice to have certain apps we use a lot
    Thanks

Thanks

Glad you like it That's the plan! I want to make this as complete as possible throughout all the mods. Thanks for the list of apps, it's always hard to know what to theme to begin with, but if people post what they want then I'll be able to keep adding to it

I even don't know who I really am
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,008 Times in 2,356 Posts

Don't be afraid to add shadows to the icon. As in the image on the icon. This theme has ambition but looks a little flat. Please don't take this as an insult. I want to give you positive feedback for your first theme

Thanks

Beatiful theme! Congratulations! Will you include bitesms pop up? Keep this good work!

Thanks

Great job! Vibrant theme

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ellersbee View Post
    Don't be afraid to add shadows to the icon. As in the image on the icon. This theme has ambition but looks a little flat. Please don't take this as an insult. I want to give you positive feedback for your first theme
    No, not at all Any feeback is good feedback at this stage! I'll maybe work on alternative icon pack a bit later, am I ok to pm you about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frep View Post
    Beatiful theme! Congratulations! Will you include bitesms pop up? Keep this good work!
    Bitesms is going to be the first thing work on after release, so you can expect on soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dapes View Post
    Great job! Vibrant theme
    Thanks man

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,014 Posts

Great to see it out here after all the months of hard work. I've been showing ppl it and they like it. SOLD :-)
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone amassenburg's Avatar
    Thanks

After testing it It's a really nice theme, Not the kind of theme I thought I'd usually be interested in.. The color mods are really good, I admit the shadows make it look sorta flat, So I may end up using the Alternative Icons once made... I would like a color keyboard to go with this theme because the standard grey just doesn't match..

Otherwise It's a great semi simple theme..

Thanks

This looks great bro! Really digging the colors there, especially the blue and green. Keep up the good work!

Thanks

Hey bro how is the theme going? All finished and submitted?

Thanks

Thanks for all the comments And apologies for the delayed respnse; I've been away for a few days! Just submitted it to MMi so it should be up soon, I'll let you now when it is. There's more to come, but I've got to release it t some stage! Just to clarify, colour keyboard IS included and should be automatically installed properly, if it's not however, I've put a README file in a Colouroid/EXTRAS!! folder which explains how to do it & I'll always offer support via email if anyone is still unsure.

Coming soon: Alternative Icon set, SBSettings, BiteSMS, Facebook, Tweetbot, and anything else you request!

Thanks

Nice work man!! Good to see it up on Cydia!! Hope it goes well!! The colours look vivid as you say!!
    :-)

Thanks

Is this theme still on Cydia? I can't find it

EDIT: Nevermind. Restarted Cydia & It came up
    Last edited by itsTrentB; 08-01-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks

Sure is!! Search "Colouroid Theme"

:-)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to butler007 For This Useful Post:

itsTrentB (08-01-2012)

Thanks

Great job on this! Do you have more colors in the works? Black? White? Yellow?

You shoulda just got my payment about 10 minutes ago so you officially have my support! looking forward to the updates & anything else you need! Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Great theme.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK. ITS PERFECT.

icon REQUEST:

TWEETBOT, DEFLENTLY
    VIBER
    MESSENGER FOR FACEBOOK
    FIND MY IPHONE.
    PLEASE AND MANY MANY THANKS

ALSO MY CELULAR BARS ARE NOOOTT THEMEE?? I DONT KNOW WHY, MY WIFI ITS THEME BUT NOT THE CELULAR BARS.
    THANKS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itsTrentB View Post
    Great job on this! Do you have more colors in the works? Black? White? Yellow?

You shoulda just got my payment about 10 minutes ago so you officially have my support! looking forward to the updates & anything else you need! Thank you!
    Thank you! I decided against black or white because I think they'd defeat the whole idea of the theme, and I considered yellow but thought it would be too close to red and orange to release originally (but you may see it at some point in the future )

Thanks again for the support

Quote Originally Posted by dionmayo View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORK. ITS PERFECT.

icon REQUEST:

TWEETBOT, DEFLENTLY
    VIBER
    MESSENGER FOR FACEBOOK
    FIND MY IPHONE.
    PLEASE AND MANY MANY THANKS

ALSO MY CELULAR BARS ARE NOOOTT THEMEE?? I DONT KNOW WHY, MY WIFI ITS THEME BUT NOT THE CELULAR BARS.
    THANKS.
    Glad you like it I'll get working on the icons soon for you, and then post them up here I'll also get some wifi bars done, I made the theme on a iPod touch so completely forgot about them! Sorry for that, will be sorted soon