+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
iLeemosynary is available on the Cydia Store. Click here on a jailbroken device, or see the "available on the Cydia Store" button if not jailbroken. iLeemosynary . The revolution. Here
    Thanks

Default iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.
    iLeemosynary is available on the Cydia Store.

Click here on a jailbroken device, or see the "available on the Cydia Store" button if not jailbroken.

iLeemosynary. The revolution. Here at long last. Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to introduce to you a revolution in WinterBoard theming. A truly innovative theme.

iLeemosynary. iOS. Eleemosynarily.

Stick with me, it's kind of a long video.

iLeemosynary is a revolutionary theme. Any theme worth its salt automatically themes App Store icons. It's a piece of cake, and expected from theme creators. Well, iLeemosynary does one better (actually, it does several better). It is the first theme ever to create its own icons on demand. That's right, iLeemosynary can theme Cydia app icons whenever you want it to.* iLeemosynary even goes so far as to theme apps' loading screens on demand (see video/screenshots for explanation of what loading screens are).
    Welcome to iLeemosynary. You've just found yourself in the middle of a WinterBoard revolution.

Some screenshots showing off iLeemosynary's ability to theme loading screens on demand. Loading screens are the screens that show before your app is done loading (e.g. the pinstripes when you launch the Settings app, far left). If you're still confused, see the video.

Some screenshots showing off iLeemosynary's ability to theme icons on demand. This is probably the most revolutionary and innovative part of iLeemosynary - it has never been done before.

The blue alert badge shown on the right is a part of the iLeemosynary xTras theme. The xTras theme is getting a major overhaul and several new additions in the next version.

Summary

iLeemosynary is a revolution in WinterBoard theming. With the ability to create its own Cydia app icons, it is leading the way towards the next generation in theming. With the ability to theme loading screens for uniformity, it is also a very elegant, simple, quiet, and enjoyable theme. I have been told by several people (beta testers) that they like how simple and nice it looks (these screenshots have been scaled down and don't really give the theme credit). iLeemosynary is the first theme of the next generation. I hope you like what you see, and please consider buying iLeemosynary to support all my hard work. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Bugs
    Being the perfectionist that I am has its ups and downs. One upside for you is that I squash bugs as soon as I can figure out the problem. Here is a list of known bugs. If something is not on the list, email me.
    Known Bugs
    Version Bug
    1.0 Loading Screens for App Store icons not themed - fixed in version 1.1.
    1.0 Left and right sides of switcher are black - not iLeemosynary's fault. This has only been reported by users who used iCleaner on their devices - I believe the switcher will always look like this, no matter what theme you have (or even if you are in safe mode). You must restore to fix - and then be wary of iCleaner! It's a great tool, but by nature it is very dangerous.
    1.0 Carrier text not themed on iOS 5.1.1 - I believe this is due to a WinterBoard bug, and is not iLeemosynary's fault, since it was working fine pre-5.1.1. I will look into it, but for now I have some Zeppelin logos I will be releasing soon.

* iLeemosynary, at this point, cannot theme icons that have been turned into optimized (read:mangled) PNGs by Apple or app developers. I am working on a fix for a later version, but for now, if you run into problems with iLeemosynary not theming an icon, send me an email at a3hmlo[at]gmail[dot]com requesting me to theme it (along with a copy of the icon if it is a paid app), and I will happily do it for you.

On the Origin of Names...

iLeemosynary comes from the word "eleemosynary". Eleemosynary, as some of you probably know, is usually used synonymously with "charitable". However, as you probably didn't know (and kudos to you if you do), eleemosynary can also mean "patriotic". Since iLeemosynary is a patriotic, revolutionary theme, I figured it was the perfect name.

iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_13r.png
    iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_7r.png

Oh and by the way, iLeemosynary is compatible with both HD and SD devices. iPad support coming soon. Very soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_6r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_8r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_9r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_10r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_11r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_12r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_5r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-aotcs.small.png  

iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_3r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_2r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_14r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_15r.png   iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-img_18r.png  
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 07-17-2012 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Update for release.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aehmlo For This Useful Post:

Emphasiz3d (07-27-2012), iskariotA (07-13-2012), korbyn8495 (07-15-2012), togomaku (07-11-2012)

Thanks

Nice!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tunechi View Post
    Nice!!!
    Thanks. It'll be in Cydia in a couple days - waiting for MMi to finish up the technical stuff. I made it kinda hard for them . Glad you like it.

Man this looks terrible on mobile.

Thanks

What's the damage for this beauty? $$$

Thanks

What's the damage for this beauty? $$$
    $0.99

Thanks

$0.99... Thank you!! This is about to change the theming game for sure. Can't wait for this to drop!!!

Thanks

$0.99... Thank you!! This is about to change the theming game for sure. Can't wait for this to drop!!!
    Well, I'll have a lot of icons to theme initially since Cydia app devs seem to like doing things the non-standard way, but when I get past the initial lack of icons and finish up the icon generator so it can theme "optimized" icons, it'll be smooth sailing. And it'll push themes closer towards being developer-independent. I can't wait to see what this brings in the future.

I'll let you know when it's available.

iLeemosynary - The revolution is here.-imageuploadedbymodmyi1342074157.890762.jpg
    Does this look like a good idea? Checks for updates at a configurable interval, and alerts you if there's one available. Coming soon...
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 07-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,412 Times in 6,005 Posts

Very nice work here. I like the update option. I can't wait to play with this baby.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Very nice work here. I like the update option. I can't wait to play with this baby.
    Well, the update thing won't be available until a later version (saurik doesn't like server load on the repos, so I have to find a workaround), but thanks. I've got a lot more in store for this thing - high contrast versus muted themes, maybe a couple color mods. I guess we'll see what I come up with.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,412 Times in 6,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aehmlo View Post
    Well, the update thing won't be available until a later version (saurik doesn't like server load on the repos, so I have to find a workaround), but thanks. I've got a lot more in store for this thing - high contrast versus muted themes, maybe a couple color mods. I guess we'll see what I come up with.
    Sounds good, I will be watching this.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

All right, it's three in the morning here. I'm going to bed. If you post on this forum, I guarantee I will see it tomorrow.

Thanks

Just thought I bump this... Can't wait til this drops!

Thanks

Just thought I bump this... Can't wait til this drops!
    Should be any day now - just waiting for Saurik to register me. He's been busy with the whole CloudFlare/MMi thing.

Thanks

I forgot to mention this before, but I'm going to have a giveaway when this is released. Keep yours eyes out for it on the front page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Varney View Post
    I very much agree with your point of view
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean. What point of view would that be?

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing I'm particularly unimpressed with is the icon generating part of this, as WinterBoard typically covers icons for new apps with the mask, with the exception of Cydia apps, which I don't find myself installing very often (ones that have springboard icons, anyway). But the rest is very cool, especially the generation of loading screens, it's something that WinterBoard needs.

On an unrelated note, it's definitely worth what you're charging for sure.

Also, I really love the underlying concept you have; Using mobile substrate in conjunction with themes, is pretty incredible, because it makes them all the more amazing and easier to use. I'm excited for what this could lead to.

Well, I'll have a lot of icons to theme initially since Cydia app devs seem to like doing things the non-standard way, but when I get past the initial lack of icons and finish up the icon generator so it can theme "optimized" icons, it'll be smooth sailing. And it'll push themes closer towards being developer-independent. I can't wait to see what this brings in the future.

I'll let you know when it's available.

Attachment 599074
    Does this look like a good idea? Checks for updates at a configurable interval, and alerts you if there's one available. Coming soon...
    I think it's kind of redundant because aptdate exists. It would cover this obviously, plus every other Cydia package you may have.
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 07-15-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    The only thing I'm particularly unimpressed with is the icon generating part of this, as WinterBoard typically covers icons for new apps with the mask, with the exception of Cydia apps, which I don't find myself installing very often (ones that have springboard icons, anyway). But the rest is very cool, especially the generation of loading screens, it's something that WinterBoard needs.

On an unrelated note, it's definitely worth what you're charging for sure.
    The icon generator is made for Cydia apps, and App Store icons are themed by WinterBoard dynamically. iLeemosynary's just the first theme to theme Cydia app icons whenever you want, which was the hardest part to build. If you don't use it, that's fine, but the point is that there aren't ugly unthemed icons sitting on users' SpringBoards while they wait for me to theme them. Although, at first, there will be some that refuse to cooperate.

I think it's kind of redundant because aptdate exists. It would cover this obviously, plus every other Cydia package you may have.
    Ah, yes, but what if I have the Settings cell reflect the fact that an update's available by adding a cell at the bottom that takes you to Cydia to update it?
    Or if I have an option to automatically update it whenever an update is available?
    And what if a user doesn't have aptdate installed?

But the rest is very cool, especially the generation of loading screens, it's something that WinterBoard needs.
    The loading screens generator won't work in v1.0, I'm going to push a fix for it. Turns out my gm version code got published instead of my final (public) version. I'll fix it immediately though. I realized it right after I sent the package off.
    Last edited by Aehmlo; 07-15-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

The icon generator is made for Cydia apps, and App Store icons are themed by WinterBoard dynamically. iLeemosynary's just the first theme to theme Cydia app icons whenever you want, which was the hardest part to build. If you don't use it, that's fine, but the point is that there aren't ugly unthemed icons sitting on users' SpringBoards while they wait for me to theme them. Although, at first, there will be some that refuse to cooperate.

Ah, yes, but what if I have the Settings cell reflect the fact that an update's available by adding a cell at the bottom that takes you to Cydia to update it?
    Or if I have an option to automatically update it whenever an update is available?
    And what if a user doesn't have aptdate installed?

The loading screens generator won't work in v1.0, I'm going to push a fix for it. Turns out my gm version code got published instead of my final (public) version. I'll fix it immediately though. I realized it right after I sent the package off.
    Yeah, I see the usefulness, because the icons that end up unthemed stick out like sore thumbs. I guess dynamic theming of icons doesn't necessarily impress me as much as the rest of it, because I've been spoiled by WinterBoard . And since I find myself installing App Store apps much more than installing Cydia apps with icons, it didn't stick out as much as the rest of the theme.

I suppose, there are a lot of people who won't have aptdate installed, but I think if you don't plan on exceeding aptdate's capabilities, it's pointless (almost like writing something someone has made an API for). I really like the idea of an automatic update, but the user should have the option to opt into doing so, if you plan on doing something like that, I'd say the update notification would be really cool.

That's fine, just the fact that it exists is very cool.
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 07-15-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks

Yeah, I see the usefulness, because the icons that end up unthemed stick out like sore thumbs. I guess dynamic theming of icons doesn't necessarily impress me as much as the rest of it, because I've been spoiled by WinterBoard . And since I find myself installing App Store apps much more than installing Cydia apps with icons, it didn't stick out as much as the rest of the theme.

I suppose, there are a lot of people who won't have aptdate installed, but I think if you don't plan on exceeding aptdate's capabilities, it's pointless (almost like writing something someone has made an API for). I really like the idea of an automatic update, but the user should have the option to opt into doing so, if you plan on doing something like that, I'd say the update notification would be really cool.

That's fine, just the fact that it exists is very cool.
    But if someone's written an API for something and you can improve on it, why not write your own? Mine (at the moment) updates ALL repositories, including non-default ones. The plan is to have the update addon's settings page with a big old orange enable switch at the top, a configurable time interval in hours slider below, and a toggle for automatic updating.

Thanks

But if someone's written an API for something and you can improve on it, why not write your own? Mine (at the moment) updates ALL repositories, including non-default ones. The plan is to have the update addon's settings page with a big old orange enable switch at the top, a configurable time interval in hours slider below, and a toggle for automatic updating.
    Exactly what I was getting at. Sounds good if you'll top aptdate's features. Or, feature, I should say.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast