Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2490

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SENSES HD/SD by JimmyL

Quote Originally Posted by 1madCRNA View Post
    I don't need an overlay bruh, I just need to configure the widget.

Attachment 605112 Multiple locations have been set for a while and GPS "Local Weather" is on.... But it has been acting weird lately, I've tried to delete a few locations but they always come back. It's been doing it ever since I skinned the icon with SE Silver/Black. Weird... Is there a way to reinstall native apps? (without completely reinstalling IOS 5.1.1)
    Keep in mind too that the stock weather app from Apple does not auto update. So it can't report to a native weather widget in real time like the MyLocation (crazyvivek) GPS widgets do. I personally think that's a poor design. And Apple's really missing out on a big win with their base. So WeatherIcon, even though it gives you the opportunity to set a refresh time, can't refresh something that hasn't been updated by the app it's getting information from to begin with. Native weather widgets only update for me after I go into the stock weather app and look at it and it spins and then updates. Unfortunately WeatherIcon can't send a message to the Stock weather app to update. It only reports what the stock app currently says. :-(.

And no, there is no way to reinstall the stock app by itself. But I'm pretty sure that's not your problem. I think you're expecting the stock weather app to do something it wasn't designed to do. But I could be misunderstanding your problem. What I do know for 100% sure (verified by more than 50 users now on 5.1.1) is that the Stock weather app does not auto-update in the background. It only updates after the launch of the app. Therefore, since Native Weather Widgets get their data from the stock weather app - they will always be inferior in reporting Weather in real time. :-(
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Whats up angel what do I have todo get you to make one of your saw Lockscreens lol good to see you on this thread.
    What's up Jimmy how are you doing?

Native weather does update all info on its own when live weather icon is installed and has a set interval to update. The only thing it does not do is update the city if you move locations. For that you need open the weather app. Native weather does not use the weather app itself really, it uses the plist for live weather icon.
    Live weather gets the info from the city you have set. The rest is then updated in the plist on its own.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (08-08-2012), EricB78 (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012), Mone (08-08-2012), NewdestinyX (08-08-2012)

Hi NewdestinyX, I must correct you, sorry .. Native Weather widgets are working perfectly and update exactly in the time which you have chosen in your iphone settings at WeatherIcon. You do not have to go in the weather app, unless you have the settings not set properly.
    Native weather is the greatest thing which subywrex and durben have done
    Last edited by Mone; 08-09-2012 at 03:13 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

.:JimmyL:. (08-08-2012), EricB78 (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Native weather does update all info on its own when live weather icon is installed and has a set interval to update. The only thing it does not do is update the city if you move locations. For that you need open the weather app. Native weather does not use the weather app itself really, it uses the plist for live weather icon.
    Live weather gets the info from the city you have set. The rest is then updated in the plist on its own.
    Durben, when you say "LIVE" WeatherIcon - is that different than 'WeatherIcon' from Cydia? I just want to make sure we're talking about the same item. Again I've tested WeatherIcon's reporting effectiveness to Native Weather Widgets for some time now and it never sends current info to the widget for city (which you have acknowledged) OR weather conditions. When I open the Stock weather app - ALL info updates. Not just the city.

You can verify what I'm saying easily by looking at the info in Weather icon BEFORE you go into the Stock app and then immediately after you go into the stock app. They will ALWAYS be different (unless of course, by luck, the temperature and condition are identical after multiple hours). So I'm not sure I'm following you - or how what you're saying bears upon very repeatable results from tests I and several others have done.

Please - if you will -- just look at Weather Icon right now -- and write down its temp (this is the temp/condition that will be reported to any Native Weather Widget). Now go into the stock app and let it spin til the message says 'updated'.. Now go back to WeatherIcon (set on any setting: Manual, 15 min, etc) and the temp will be changed to what the Stock app now says (if set to Local Weather, of course). Am I missing something? Am I expecting a result that's not needed for Native Weather Widgets to work properly? And don't you agree that the newer GPS widgets are faster in terms of their updating?

Thanks for anything you can do to clarify this as it's been bugging me for a very long time.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-08-2012 at 11:09 AM.

I hope you do not mind a response from me

It's WeatherIcon from Cydia and so should look the settings ..

The weather shows for the city you have on first position in your weather app.

And do not use the 'override' function, this is only for iPad where you have no weather app (which, moreover, works also perfect).

I hope I could help a little
    Last edited by Mone; 08-09-2012 at 03:18 AM.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mone For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012), NewdestinyX (08-08-2012)

Thanks

I don't have "Weather Icon" installed.... Do I need it to run the native weather widget?
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3687937&dateline=1341  528383

Quote Originally Posted by Mone View Post
    I'm not Durben, but I hope you do not mind a response from me

It's WeatherIcon from Cydia and so should look the settings ..

The weather shows for the city you have on first position in your weather app.

And do not use the 'override' function, this is only for iPad where you have no weather app (which, moreover, works also perfect).

I hope I could help a little
    Thanks Mone, but I don't think you understood my question. I am well aware how WeatherIcon from Cydia works and those are exactly how I have my settings. But the weather information does not update every 15 minutes. I have to go into Apple's native weather app and wait for it to update there before it will report properly to any native weather widget. Now Durben already acknowledged that weather icon can't update the city by itself, but my concern is the actual temperature and condition information as well. Native weather widgets only update for me after I have gone into the Stock Apple weather app and let it update. I've verified same results after total restore as well.

I don't want to get into a long drawn out debate. Pretty much everywhere you go now you can get the GPS immediate update widgets for weather. And that's what I'll stick with from here on out. When Subyrex and Durben designed Native Weather it was perfect for our needs at the time - but something seemed to happen after 5.0 with WeatherIcon's ability to consistently auto update. And why not the city?

Yes read the first post of the native weather widget thread
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012), EricB78 (08-08-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012)

I don't have "Weather Icon" installed.... Do I need it to run the native weather widget?
    Yep!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012)

I'm not gonna debate in this thread. It works though and yes I mean weather icon
    Why you see a different temp is because of the refresh interval. Weather widget may not have updated at its interval even though the weather app itself is when you open it.
    I ran it for about 4 weeks prior to it being released along with Suby
    My Lockscreen updates everything but the city if it changes.

Personally I use GPS widgets simply because of on the fly updating and the extra info that is pulled from yahoo

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012), EricB78 (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), NewdestinyX (08-08-2012), SkyGuy5 (08-08-2012)

I'm not gonna debate in this thread. It works though and yes I mean weather icon
    Why you see a different temp is because of the refresh interval. Weather widget may not have updated at its interval even though the weather app itself is when you open it.

Personally I use GPS widgets simply because of on the fly updating and the extra info that is pulled from yahoo
    Ok. Good enough. It's really a nonissue anymore since most of us use MyLocation widgets now. Thanks for all your cutting edge work for us, Durben!

Agree 100%!

Perfectly explained my man!

Also Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What I do know for 100% sure (verified by more than 50 users now on 5.1.1) is that the Stock weather app does not auto-update in the background. It only updates after the launch of the app. Therefore, since Native Weather Widgets get their data from the stock weather app - they will always be inferior in reporting Weather in real time. :-(
    Wow what a bad statement!!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 08-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (08-08-2012), iZangetsu (08-14-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012), NewdestinyX (08-08-2012), The_Durben (08-08-2012)

Thanks

-img_0378.png-img_0379-copy.png

My refresh interval on "Weather Icon" is set at 15min but in the "Wallpaper.html" its set at 20. Do these need to match up?

The temperature is displaying in "f", but it is labeled as "c". How can I change the label to "f"? Can somebody advise me on this? Thanks in advance.
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3687937&dateline=1341  528383

My refresh interval on "Weather Icon" is set at 15min but in the "Wallpaper.html" its set at 20. Do these need to match up?

The temperature is displaying in "f", but it is labeled as "c". How can I change the label to "f"? Can somebody advise me on this? Thanks in advance.
    About 3/4 of the way down the Wallpaper.html file you'll see a string that ends with "&#176C" in a couple places. Change the "C" to an "F".

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), King_O_Hill (08-08-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    About 3/4 of the way down the Wallpaper.html file you'll see a string that ends with "C" in a couple places. Change the "C" to an "F".
    You shouldn't have to do that unless someone changed the script. Native Weather will use the C or F as its set from the weather app. The script reads that line and updates the weather temp accordingly.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012), EricB78 (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    What I do know for 100% sure (verified by more than 50 users now on 5.1.1) is that the Stock weather app does not auto-update in the background. It only updates after the launch of the app. Therefore, since Native Weather Widgets get their data from the stock weather app - they will always be inferior in reporting Weather in real time. :-(
    Wow what a bad statement!!
    LOL!.. Yeah - my typical 'overstatement'. I really DO need to watch that... :-/. Though the data I collected is repeatable by anyone here, as to the challenges with WeatherIcon updating automatically, - the manner in which I stated my (mine and other's) findings is, well, 'over the top' too often...

Actually they're additive. The amount in the Wallpaper.html, given the timing of the refresh points could add another 20 to the 15 before you get an accurate readout. I change the Wallpaper.html to 2 minutes so that within a very short interval after WeatherIcon did its updating the Weather widget would show the result too. Didn't observe any noticeable battery drain with it set at 2 minutes either.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012)

You shouldn't have to do that unless someone changed the script. Native Weather will use the C or F as its set from the weather app. The script reads that line and updates the weather temp accordingly.
    Man, why do you always have to come in and "one-up" me?? I guess that's the benefits of you having a ton more coding knowledge than me.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

1madCRNA (08-08-2012), hemptation (08-08-2012), King_O_Hill (08-09-2012), Lkkwus (08-10-2012), The_Durben (08-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by EricB78 View Post
    Man, why do you always have to come in and "one-up" me?? I guess that's the benefits of you having a ton more coding knowledge than me.
    lol I just worked on both Native and GPS from the beginning. More with GPS cause I really wanted that to work without using hacked repo to install and rely on a device uuid to set it up. Think it worked out well considering my method is what is being used and works really well.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

hemptation (08-08-2012), King_O_Hill (08-09-2012)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Pretty sweet way you did the dialer UI, JimmyL! Excellent work
    #eli7e revived me

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

hemptation (08-08-2012), It's Mi (08-10-2012), King_O_Hill (08-09-2012)

Page 115 of 125 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105113114115116117 ... LastLast