Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Metro Ultimate

Like others people All icons are messed up when I try to use or put others applications.
    Icons are too large in my iPhone and They are in low res

Quote Originally Posted by AngryPIG View Post
    just like to say i'm pretty sure OS7 on backboard was out quite a bit before your metro theme 0_o
    but anyways bought this today. a few things to say about what ive seen that could be fixed,

not a fan of the way you tap the corner to exit a hub, i found this rather annoying might be better to have a back button.
    another thing is the "taskbar" icons...i dont know if they are smal and have been streched but they look rather low res,

other then that it look fantastic. keep up the good work (Y)

EDIT: also just noticed the app icons in the "all apps" section, all squeezed together.

Lovin' it but what's with the phone icon? Can't be right surely?
    How easy is it to change the icon so it matches the rest of the theme?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_binary View Post
    I also figured out how to attribute icon images with apps.
    Care to share how easy or difficult that was please?

Can anyone explain or make a tutorial on how to make new icons with the template and Photoshop, I have a portable version of PS so it could be the problem, but when I make an icon and try to save as a png I get an error message like 'the file .png already exists! Replace it?' and I click ok but it doesnt make the file :/ it's really frustrating..

Can anyone that has made their own icons post them please or give some clear instructions on how to do it ourselves? I'm sure it would help a lot of people who don't know what their doing like myself lol

Ignore this post, wrong place ...
    Last edited by liliha; 07-03-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Default Icons
    ignore this post, wrong place ...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by liliha; 07-03-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Here's a few Icons I made, finally figured it out.
    MetroIcons.rar
    TETRIS, GTA III, Eufloria HD, Flight Control HD, Whale Trail, and Pandora

Edit: Sorry, Flight Control's small icon still says Camera lol, I'll fix it when I get a chance, I'm making a bunch more so I can fill in all my icon spots lol

To the Dev of this theme: Any chance of adding support for Live Tiles?
    Last edited by iPotHead; 07-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iPotHead For This Useful Post:

iPurple (07-18-2012)

Icons Needed :
    This theme is awesome but I just need some icons :

iTunes U
    ApptoDeb
    Screen Recorder
    Facebook Pages
    Facebook Messenger
    Whatsapp
    Justin TV
    Action Movie FX
    Akinator
    SpeedTest
    LiveCams Pro
    System Status
    iNet
    Google Chrome
    Dolphin HD
    Skitch
    IncrediBooth
    PhotoBooth
    PhotoShop
    Camera+
    WordPress
    SoundHound
    AppShopper
    AppsGoneFree
    Scoople
    iBooks
    ScoreCenter
    AirSupermacy
    InfinityBlade 1
    BMX TouchGrind
    Slam Dunk
    PvZ HD
    Jeopardy
    Water?
    AngryBirds !!!!
    Tiny Wings HD
    DinerDash

and I wanna ask how can I add more App Shortcuts to Metro ??

And Is there any work on this theme currently so we can have new version soon ?

I love this theme man.
    Last edited by iPurple; 07-18-2012 at 12:09 AM.

I made These..
    Maybe someone else could have use for them too

-installous-v2.png

-myxboxlive-v2.png

-tapatalk-v3.png

-netflix.png
    Last edited by iPurple; 07-18-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Hey guys, I was on holidays for three weeks so I didn't updated this post. I'm trying now to answer to every email and to fix bugs, which is kinda hard because I'm ill.
    On iPad the "Settings" section seems a bit buggy. The iPhone version seems to work pretty well.
    Some of you have problems displaying the tiles correctly. The thing is that DreamBoard uses the name displayed under the icon of the app, so if your iPhone/iPad is in german, you'll have to translate the icons names in german so that they'll display normally.
    I'm going to focus on bug-fixes before thinking about new features.

I'm glad that most of you like this theme and I hope you are all pleased with it. Thank you !

You like my work ? Follow me on Dribbble !
    You want more themes ? Visit my website.
    And Follow me on Twitter !

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rigatony For This Useful Post:

iPurple (07-22-2012), Korrosion (07-22-2012)

Default Sweet !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigatony View Post
    Hey guys, I was on holidays for three weeks so I didn't updated this post. I'm trying now to answer to every email and to fix bugs, which is kinda hard because I'm ill.
    On iPad the "Settings" section seems a bit buggy. The iPhone version seems to work pretty well.
    Some of you have problems displaying the tiles correctly. The thing is that DreamBoard uses the name displayed under the icon of the app, so if your iPhone/iPad is in german, you'll have to translate the icons names in german so that they'll display normally.
    I'm going to focus on bug-fixes before thinking about new features.

I'm glad that most of you like this theme and I hope you are all pleased with it. Thank you !
    Great cant wait for future updates (-;

Cool How to Mod this them
    I created an account just to help others like me along, since i could not figure out how to make changes to these theme out of the box.
    First of all this is a very light weight theme, Metroon in my opinion takes a lot of resources and i personally had a bug where the processor usage will gradually increase from about 20% to 50% and the phone would slow down with Metroon and then it needs to be respring-ed. This dreamboard does not take any memory or ram space at all and is superfast, only down side is lack of animated icons.

What tools do you need -
    Ifile on iphone or free iDevice Manager in your PC or any other iphone browsing tool.
    Free Paint.NET on PC to modify icons and make them transparent etc (if you need to).

Take a backup of the entire folder structure before you do any change.
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini

How to Make Icons transparent -
    Most Icons for this theme are located at
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/Icons
    Few others from inside the hubs are located at
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/Images/<Hub Folder>

Copy icons over to PC and modify them using the Layers feature in Paint.NET to lower the opacity of the image. I went with 200.
    Copy them back to the same iphone folder via the iphone browsing tool you are using. Mine is IDevice Manager.

How to add custom images for your tiles -
    First add the shortcut from the home page or from inside the hubs to the apps you want. This will make an update to a file called Current.plist.
    at folder location [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini
    Copy the Current.plist file to your desktop after you associate apps to your tiles.
    Take a backup of this file in case something goes wrong.
    For any custom .png file you are trying to add to represent your application, copy it to the location below on your iphone.
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/Icons
    Now open the Current.plist file in your desktop and search for the keyword for your app to get to it fast.
    Add below strings to the definition in the plist above the section called <key>ViewType</key> for each app you are adding new icons for. Dont forget to change the name of the files in below path.
    <key>Image</key>
    <string>$ROOT/Icons/<Your App Image Name>.png</string>
    Do a respring of your iphone, your tiles should automatically show the new icon in the region when you added the app.

How to change the not readable standard app icons in apps list -
    for ex Settings and AppStore.
    Just copy contents of
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/_library/Cache/Icons/Metro
    to
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/_library/Cache/Icons/Metro U Mini

How to change lock screen image -
    Go to [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/Images
    Take backup of exisiting LockScreen.png and replace it with your own acceptable image with same file name i.e LockScreen.png.

How to change background image -
    Go to [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/Images
    Take backup of exisiting BG-Start.png and replace it with your own acceptable image with same file name i.e BG-Start.png.

How to edit the time animation -
    You have to edit the HTML file at location
    [root]/var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/Metro U Mini/HTML

Happy modding, it took me a few days to figure out how to change custom tiles, i dint realize you have to add the <image> tags, but this should make it easy for all.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mashmod For This Useful Post:

Orine (08-21-2012)

I'm loving this. Thank you.

This is probably a dumb question, but can someone please tell me how to change the username? I love the way this looks, but I would prefer to customize my iPad so it doesn't say Rigatony at the top lol.

Edit: I'm referring to the iPad version...this forum seems to be a bit more active than that one.
    Last edited by shidey17; 08-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Just started using this theme on my iPad3 two days ago. Damn smooth and sharp. 2 suggestions to the developer:
    1. Could you get the sidebar activated by the home button? (this one I think I can do myself actually)
    2. Live tiles like the actual windows 8 tiles would be fantastic!!

I've created a few icons for common apps like iBooks, Dropbox etc. Guys, its not really hard if you know how to use iFile, photoshop and a program like iFunbox. Just access the "icons" folder of the theme and play around; I can upload the ones I created if someone needs it.
    Got to really hand it to the developer, this is by far the best dreamboard theme I have used. I have the OSX and HONEYPAD theme but this one beats them hands down. I used those other themes just to show off to my friends but preferred sticking to a non-dreamboard theme otherwise because I never found them easy to use. But now the Metro U is my default cuz its just so beautiful!
    Last edited by edrenalin; 08-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Here are a few I made.. not too slick but hey, m just a noob with iDevices. Had a iPhone 3G 3 years ago and now bought myself an iPad3 two weeks ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -ebay.png   -ibooks.png   -installous.png  

20. The Following User Says Thank You to edrenalin For This Useful Post:

ryanstylee (01-26-2013)

1. Is it possible to have dreamboard themes require a passcode when locked?
    2. Is there a way to delete hubs and icon spaces?
    Last edited by blumpskee; 08-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Unhappy Font file help
    This is the best theme since forever! I'm loving it so much I want to make my own icons for as many apps as I can, hopefully I can share it with everyone soon. But one problem that no one seems to ask maybe because no one wanted to make icons for this: the font SegoeWPN SemiLight. Where do I get it? Is it included in some purchased software? Do I have to buy the license? It's not stocked in Windows 7 that's for sure. A little note at the bottom of the link may help to notify those who wanted to make their custom icons that they need this font before proceeding. Just a heads up.

Anyone know the dimensions for a tile? I made one for google chrome but the square part of it is a little too long and you can tell when you elongate the tile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -chrome.png  
    Last edited by blumpskee; 08-21-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Default hubs
    Hello

I have installed this theme and now i'm editing icons to my apps. The iphone now looks different. After four years I was really bored with the iOS interface.

I have a lot of apps of press, and i need to know if it is possible to create a new hub to collect all the press apps (like the Games Hub).

Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast