Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Metro Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Frep View Post
    Theme it has updated Avellino deluxe and not Metro 8, strange
    I submitted Metro after Avellino, but, yeah, that's long...

You like my work ? Follow me on Dribbble !
    You want more themes ? Visit my website.
    And Follow me on Twitter !

Metro Ultimate for iPhone ("Mini") is out on ThemeIt !
    If you already have Metro 8.2, go to account>manage my downloads>installed>extras and install Metro U Mini.

Enjoy and please let a feedback here !

Let me start by saying that this is an amazing theme and I love it. But I'd be lying if I said it was perfect. Just my thoughts/suggestions. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that went into this and if you change nothing at all I would still use it but you asked for feedback.

Issues: * app icons are too big??? for space. Ex: Phone, Facebook Messenger, All games I have (Angry Birds,
    Cut the Rope, Dice w/Buddies, Words w/Friends. Need icons to match that of mail, contacts, messages, etc.
    * no notifications of messages/mail/phone

Tweaks: * ability to remove/add icons spots
    * app drawer via home screen button rather than menu
    * lockscreen clock is 24 vs 12 on the homescreen (ifile fix?)
    * ability to turn off sound on lockscreen open (ifile fix?)
    * ability to change wallpaper (ifile fix?)

I suggest everyone try this theme. Cleanest minimalistic theme I've used to date. Thanks for the beautiful theme. Keep up the great work.

Best theme ever! For some reason the app icons in the app menu are not right for most of my apps (the default apps too, app store, calculator, camera, safari etc.). Here is an example I made up, to show you what I am seeing in the app menu. http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3553/appicon.jpg

I just bought this theme from ThemeIt.

It is really nice and looks extremely clean, and is definitely a HUGE step up from Metro 8.2

I also like how you can go from 24 hr to 12 hr clock when hitting the menu button and tapping the time (small but awesome detail/setting).

With that said, I agree with the above poster on the following:

- Lock screen to show 12 hr clock

- ICONS: Metro Mini has custom made icons for popular/stock apps. Those look great. However, apps without a custom-made Metro Mini icon look pretty horrible.

There are a lot of great Metro mini icons in the icon folder. How do we (re)assign these to certain apps? For instance, I'd like to use the included Weather icon for my Swackett app (weather app) or the Maps icon for my Mapquest app.

I was able to do this previously with other Dreamboard themes by editing the plist. But this theme seems a little more complicated... Is it even possible?

ETA: I am having trouble saving my changes to the theme setting. I've changed the Owner/Group to mobile/mobile, and the Access Permission - User to R, W, E.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by ms_binary; 06-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcasey83 View Post
    Let me start by saying that this is an amazing theme and I love it. But I'd be lying if I said it was perfect. Just my thoughts/suggestions. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that went into this and if you change nothing at all I would still use it but you asked for feedback.

Issues: * app icons are too big??? for space. Ex: Phone, Facebook Messenger, All games I have (Angry Birds,
    Cut the Rope, Dice w/Buddies, Words w/Friends. Need icons to match that of mail, contacts, messages, etc.
    * no notifications of messages/mail/phone

Tweaks: * ability to remove/add icons spots
    * app drawer via home screen button rather than menu
    * lockscreen clock is 24 vs 12 on the homescreen (ifile fix?)
    * ability to turn off sound on lockscreen open (ifile fix?)
    * ability to change wallpaper (ifile fix?)

I suggest everyone try this theme. Cleanest minimalistic theme I've used to date. Thanks for the beautiful theme. Keep up the great work.
    Yea any icons that I put on do not fit the box. And there's no default phone icon for this theme?

Also, whenever you increase or decrease app icons, the mail app shows up.
    Just noticed that when you access Apps from the menu, the icons show their small and large pictures

Otherwise it's a great theme! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by kzboi; 06-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Great theme all the way.
    Just one problem, when I click on the medias hub, it brings me to the social hub. How do we fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by supernarutorss View Post
    Great theme all the way.
    Just one problem, when I click on the medias hub, it brings me to the social hub. How do we fix this?
    Open the .plist in a text editor, search for "function SocialHub" and replace the second result by "function MediasHub"
    Next update will fix this bug, sorry.

Green Apple Jamesandthegiantkeg's Avatar
    Thanks

Bought metro u mini, kind of wish it would snap to each group of icons as I scroll across the home screen.

Also, you said the original metro wp7 comes with metro u mini as a free bonus? How do I get that for free? Themeit still says its $1.99.

I don't know if this is normal? But when switching themes and then going back to metro U mini, it resets so I have to reorganize all of the apps the way I want it, which is actually pretty annoying.

Another thing is that when you access the apps menu, and then go back to the main screen, it still shows the clock and the 4 bottom options.
    Last edited by kzboi; 06-29-2012 at 02:24 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kzboi View Post
    I don't know if this is normal? But when switching themes and then going back to metro U mini, it resets so I have to reorganize all of the apps the way I want it, which is actually pretty annoying.

Another thing is that when you access the apps menu, and then go back to the main screen, it still shows the clock and the 4 bottom options.
    The first part sounds like you need to set permissions to the theme, because it's not saving your icons. Unsure about the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigatony View Post
    @nebaru
    No, not really. When the tile is small (when it doesn't use the whole row), you can see a badge if you have an unread email or an update.
    I can't do this better, it's a dreamboard limitation. Sorry :/

@korbyn8495
    No, sorry, if I start sending my theme via emails it's going to be a mess
    It will be released soon, don't worry.
    Is the iPad version out anywhere yet?
    Last edited by korbyn8495; 06-29-2012 at 04:30 AM.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

any tutorials or programs on how to make the icons?

got my way through, here are some i made
    -angrybirds.png
    -phone.png
    -tumblr.png
    Last edited by supernarutorss; 06-29-2012 at 10:58 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to supernarutorss For This Useful Post:

ms_binary (06-29-2012)

Some news :
    - I sent the theme to the Cydia Store, hope it'll be available tomorrow on Cydia.
    - I'll send the iPad version tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesandthegiantkeg View Post
    Bought metro u mini, kind of wish it would snap to each group of icons as I scroll across the home screen.

Also, you said the original metro wp7 comes with metro u mini as a free bonus? How do I get that for free? Themeit still says its $1.99.
    The original WP7 metro will be available soon with the theme on Cydia, and in the Extras of the theme on ThemeIt. It's submitted, just be patient

Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kzboi
    The first part sounds like you need to set permissions to the theme, because it's not saving your icons. Unsure about the second.
    I am having this problem too. And have changed the permissions to Read, Write, Execute. The theme still resets when switching themes.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_binary View Post
    I am having this problem too. And have changed the permissions to Read, Write, Execute. The theme still resets when switching themes.
    It's this part which important, set it like this instead of "root, mobile" :

I added my templates on the first post. They'll also work on iPad version, which has been submitted to Cydia Store today

Rigatony, thank you for your help. Long story short: I was editing the permissions for the wrong file. Embarrassing mistake. I also figured out how to attribute icon images with apps. You really made this theme easy to customize compared to other themes I've tried. Thank you!

Now I hope people will share their custom icons because I don't have photoshop....

Rigatony, thank you for your help. Long story short: I was editing the permissions for the wrong file. Embarrassing mistake. I also figured out how to attribute icon images with apps. You really made this theme easy to customize compared to other themes I've tried. Thank you!

Now I hope people will share their custom icons because I don't have photoshop....
    No problem, glad you like it

Metro U Mini (iPhone version) is now available on Cydia !
    In case you don't want to use ThemeIt.

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, change the "Owner" to "mobile" in iFile. Then, try again.

Haha, to be safe, next time just apply the permissions to the entire theme's folder

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

Thanks

just like to say i'm pretty sure OS7 on backboard was out quite a bit before your metro theme 0_o
    but anyways bought this today. a few things to say about what ive seen that could be fixed,

not a fan of the way you tap the corner to exit a hub, i found this rather annoying might be better to have a back button.
    another thing is the "taskbar" icons...i dont know if they are smal and have been streched but they look rather low res,

other then that it look fantastic. keep up the good work (Y)

EDIT: also just noticed the app icons in the "all apps" section, all squeezed together.
    Last edited by AngryPIG; 07-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    cydia.myrepospace.com/Real-AngryPIG/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast