Page 343 of 382 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333341342343344345 353 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 7637

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MiOS [beta release] by Truck

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Surely if you have the repo installed and the theme installed and an update is pushed it will show up in Cydia changes No??
    It's my experience that only stock repo's push to Cydia. I have not received a single push for MiOS.. So you tell me why that might be. (not aggressive just a question)
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Oh I dont know i can't remember if it's ever happened lol just seeing if anyone knew as I presumed they would of.

My No? wasn't being a smart *** was actually just asking
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Quote Originally Posted by nwmtnbiker View Post
    I feel sorry for whoever purchases off of cydia then! Sad...
    I don't really see what's wrong to be honest...Beta testers deserve to get material earlier than just Cydia buyers, as they've been on the beta team since the beginning (months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's my experience that only stock repo's push to Cydia. I have not received a single push for MiOS.. So you tell me why that might be. (not aggressive just a question)
    I remember getting update notifications on beta repos when I used them. The very least is that you will see changes in Cydia, but I believe it gives you the message to update.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KnightWing For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-07-2012), The_Durben (09-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWing View Post

I remember getting update notifications on beta repos when I used them. The very least is that you will see changes in Cydia, but I believe it gives you the message to update.
    There have been several updates to MiOS' repo since I started. Not one push notification came in Cydia. That's all I can tell you. I never get updates for EPHD's beta repo either. Pretty sure only STOCK repos send push.. But I could be wrong.. Been wrong before, will be again. :-)
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-06-2012 at 11:03 AM.

There have been several updates to MiOS' repo since I started. Not one push notification came in Cydia. That's all I can tell you. I never get updates for EPHD's beta repo either. Pretty sure only STOCK repos send push.. But I could be wrong.. Been wrong before, will be again. :-)
    Dunno about that. I'm using Ryan's "Curiosa" tweak, and I've received a push notification for every MiOS update that's been published to the custom repo.

The only problem I see with this method, Truck, is that we'll never know if an update is ready. Cydia tells us when something is ready for update. If you kept, at least, an email list of all your donators (this is what BlueMetal does) then you could email us a new update alert. But finding an update post from you in a thread with thousands of posts will be tricky.. Agreed?
    Well, the beta repo IS in Cydia...so the same update method occurs for user added repos as well as the stock ones. And if, by chance, it DOESN'T notify you of THIS repo automatically, surely it's not that difficult to go to the MIOS repo in your sources and manually check for updates every couple of weeks or so. It takes less than a minute. That's the benefit of a beta repo, IMO. No need for that pesky email update list.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIAStevef View Post
    Dunno about that. I'm using Ryan's "Curiosa" tweak, and I've received a push notification for every MiOS update that's been published to the custom repo.
    Same. it really is a good tweak.

Maybe you're not visiting Cydia often enough? Not being a smart ***, just a possibility. Some people rarely use Cydia.
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 09-06-2012 at 04:19 PM.

You will if you have the package to be updated installed.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-07-2012), The_Durben (09-07-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Well, the beta repo IS in Cydia...so the same update method occurs for user added repos as well as the stock ones. And if, by chance, it DOESN'T notify you of THIS repo automatically, surely it's not that difficult to go to the MIOS repo in your sources and manually check for updates every couple of weeks or so. It takes less than a minute. That's the benefit of a beta repo, IMO. No need for that pesky email update list.
    It's actually way more steps, MJ. Jes' sayin'. A Badge notification on the Cydia APP or checking in with a repo to SEE if anything's updated. Looking for version numbers. No thanks. :-) With due respect.
    Maybe you're not visiting Cydia often enough? Not being a smart ***, just a possibility. Some people rarely use Cydia.
    Again the issue is when something updates in a BetaRepo (non stock REPO in Cydia) the badge doesn't appear in upper left hand corner of Cydia App which is on my Desktop of the iPhone. When something new appears in Cydia stock repos- I see it immediately without opening Cydia at all. So many people around here suppress badges. Maybe that's why they're not used to the essential convenience it is to see a Badge on Cydia app.

What I'm just not 100% positive about is whether ADDED repos work any differently in reporting to Cydia about new downloads available than Stock Apps. Each MiOS update and each EPHD update have not shown a badge on my Cydia APP. But MJSmash has - because MacCiti is a stock Repo on Cydia. Is anybody seeing a Badge on Cydia each time MiOS updates? I'm not - and I'm wondering if it's just me.

Thanks, MJ!
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Of course it's installed. I've had MiOS for months now.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,895 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    Good point Chevy!

All repo's from cydia will get the update notification pushed to you at the very least, every time you open cydia. But if you were to download a theme from another source and then added a cydia repo without re-installing from cydia, then you would not show the update, as cydia doesn't know that you installed from another source.

The reason you don't have any updates from EPHD, is because there hasn't been one in many months!

Maccity is a repo hosted by maccity, what makes it "stock"? Just because it is loaded with cydia doesn't make it a stock repo, it is just one that is included with cydia. Email Saurik, and if you plead a good case, he may add your repo too.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 09-06-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (09-07-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Good point Chevy!

All repo's from cydia will get the update notification pushed to you at the very least, every time you open cydia. But if you were to download a theme from another source and then added a cydia repo without re-installing from cydia, then you would not show the update, as cydia doesn't know that you installed from another source.

The reason you don't have any updates from EPHD, is because there hasn't been one in many months!

Maccity is a repo hosted by maccity, what makes it "stock"? Just because it is loaded with cydia doesn't make it a stock repo, it is just one that is included with cydia. Email Saurik, and if you plead a good case, he may add your repo too.
    Thanks, King. But what if I've only and ever added MiOS stuff from Truck's Beta Repo? When he reuploads new stuff - Shouldn't I get a badge on Cydia when I hit refresh?

STOCK repos are ones that auto add when Cydia installs after a fresh jailbreak. I think they might work differently in terms of the badge notification than 'stock' repos. When MJ uploaded the newest version MJSmash to MacCiti - I got a badge notification

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PathKiller29 For This Useful Post:

elilab (09-07-2012), EricB78 (09-07-2012), It's Mi (09-14-2012), King_O_Hill (09-07-2012), metaserph (09-06-2012), sigit (09-06-2012), The_Durben (09-06-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,895 Times in 6,765 Posts

Thanks, King. But what if I've only and ever added MiOS stuff from Truck's Beta Repo? When he reuploads new stuff - Shouldn't I get a badge on Cydia when I hit refresh?

STOCK repos are ones that auto add when Cydia installs after a fresh jailbreak. I think they might work differently in terms of the badge notification than 'stock' repos. When MJ uploaded the newest version MJSmash to MacCiti - I got a badge notification
    If you like, you can install Curiosa from rpetri.ch/repo and it will give you cydia notifications in the notification center. It also allows you to set the refresh interval.
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-06-2012), EricB78 (09-07-2012), nateD (09-11-2012)

My setup right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1346977657.178902.jpg  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Fattone66 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-14-2012)

Can somebody please post the Info.plist to change the badge style text color? TIA
    Mors Ab Alto

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Keep using the beta repo. It's actually more updated than the public repo and Truck has said he's going to continue updating it. At least you won't have to deal with hash sum mismatch errors.
    ohhhh ok lol , thanks mamajay ;P and iight trucks you the man lol , will do thanks =]

MMI icon and stuff collector elilab's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,724 Times in 910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prymeh View Post
    Can somebody please post the Info.plist to change the badge style text color? TIA
    <key>BadgeStyle</key>
    <string>
    color:#99c405;
    Text-shadow: black 1px 0, black 1px 1px;
    </string>

paste this in your info.plist to change the color to your liking.

elilab
    iNZTW3 - Legacy - 2UINique - "new" z|ui - Rebirth HD - ElitePro HD 2012 by iPhone ie - MiOS - elite6 - eli7e
    Icons, Wallpaper and more : http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/elilab/library/

eli7e Icons, Wallpaper and more RaR-Packs : https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qwcnwfdg84poo/eli7e

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elilab For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (09-07-2012), King_O_Hill (09-07-2012), nnfdcane (09-10-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by elilab View Post
    <key>BadgeStyle</key>
    <string>
    color:#99c405;
    Text-shadow: black 1px 0, black 1px 1px;
    </string>

paste this in your info.plist to change the color to your liking.

elilab
    This didn't work for me. Any other suggestions? Badge style remains unchanged even with info.plist updated.

This didn't work for me. Any other suggestions? Badge style remains unchanged even with info.plist updated.
    Would make sure the changed info.plist is above any other info.plist you may have.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-07-2012)

Hello Folks - I know this is annoying but I'm way behind on this thread and I'm rabidly tracking this lockscreen widget. Anyone know where I can get it?

-mios-lockscreen.png

nevermind found it
    Last edited by WaGGuM; 09-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaGGuM View Post
    Hello Folks - I know this is annoying but I'm way behind on this thread and I'm rabidly tracking this lockscreen widget. Anyone know where I can get it?

nevermind found it
    Sigit just posted a ss of it in the ZUI thread. You could probably ask him

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricB78 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (09-10-2012), wishmeluck (09-07-2012)

Page 343 of 382 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333341342343344345 353 ... LastLast