+ Reply
Page 99 of 333 FirstFirst ... 49 89979899100101 109 149 199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 6656

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
[Preview] iWidgets Elegance for Boss
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maurimuy's Avatar
    Thanks

[Preview] iWidgets Elegance for Boss

[Tweak] iWidgets-616086d1353448141-boss-ios-now-available-theme-app-preview-iwidgets-elegance-boss-ios-theme-lock.png

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maurimuy For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    True, LS is different to Springboard. Springboard you select which iWidget you want on what page and where you want it. No such thing in LS.
    With the above code you are stuck with just one iWidget on the LS, unless you edit the path to select a different iWidget.
    However there is another way to select which iWidget you want on the LS without editing code each time. Has not been done yet and is therefore only theoretical.
    Do you remember Attachment 616051, original post.
    This is database driven or if you want a graphical "config.js"
    If the database includes the path for the widgets and their size as well as the values for the position on the LS, it should be theoretically possible to select and position any available iWidget - as long as it is in that database - on the LS.
    Technically sounds possible. Good idea. Include options in a Config to choose which widget.
    I'll have a play around this week
    Always on top Ras, thanks dude

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), NewdestinyX (11-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,582 Times in 3,866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Technically sounds possible. Good idea. Include options in a Config to choose which widget.
    I'll have a play around this week
    Always on top Ras, thanks dude
    This is enormously intriguing to me. Glad you're going to test it, Derrick! Thanks in advance for your time on it!

And great thinking outside the box, too, Rasputin.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,133 Times in 5,503 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is nothing new. Gadzu was the one that developed the GUI for the config of the widgets a long time ago. Also calling one HTML from another is not ground breaking either.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 11-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

King, you are right!
    The concept to use a database driven graphical Settings page had been used in Buuf before.
    But it has not been used anywhere else as far as I know.
    The concept is great as it moves the manual code changes to a graphical interface, which is much easier to handle by noobs.
    You could compare it to the option.plist of iWidgets, where you also can pick what you want using a GUI, its just for the LockBackground.html now, with the selection of what iWidget you want to use on the LS and even the possibility to include all the option.plist elements.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), King_O_Hill (11-21-2012), NewdestinyX (11-21-2012), The_Durben (11-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,169 Posts

Default Schnedi's m! Radiant iClock
    Hi all.
    I've had the pleasure of working on an iWidget with schnedi the last few days. It quickly evolved from a thought, into an iWidget, then into an animated iWidget. I must stress that I only had a small part in this project, which included throwing a few clock hands together, and providing a template for the clock cogs. Schnedi did all the code work, and graphical modifications to my original PSDs. There are 2 versions in the pack. A static cog, and an animated cog version, where the cogs rotate. Massive thank you to schnedi for releasing these for free.
    The pack is available on cydia, just search "m! Radiant iClock". I did make a minor error with the description, and the the package is installing to the wrong directory, but I've contacted MMI and they're fixing it for me. So maybe hold off on the download for an hour or so It's time for zzz's so I'll check again in the morning. Night all. Enjoy.
    Sk37cH

[Tweak] iWidgets-m-radiant-iclock.png
    Last edited by Sk37cH; 11-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sk37cH For This Useful Post:

8lias (11-21-2012), azaleea (11-23-2012), bluevixen (11-22-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (11-21-2012), Lucys (11-23-2012), Schnedi (11-21-2012), The_Durben (11-21-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    King, you are right!
    The concept to use a database driven graphical Settings page had been used in Buuf before.
    But it has not been used anywhere else as far as I know.
    The concept is great as it moves the manual code changes to a graphical interface, which is much easier to handle by noobs.
    You could compare it to the option.plist of iWidgets, where you also can pick what you want using a GUI, its just for the LockBackground.html now, with the selection of what iWidget you want to use on the LS and even the possibility to include all the option.plist elements.
    Don't get me wrong, I was/am still very interested in this. I think using a GUI for the LS is definitely the way to go. I was able to great the layout for the settings app to work great, but I still don't know how to merge the data from the GUI into the widget. that's where I need some help.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk37cH View Post
    Hi all.
    I've had the pleasure of working on an iWidget with schnedi the last few days. It quickly evolved from a thought, into an iWidget, then into an animated iWidget. I must stress that I only had a small part in this project, which included throwing a few clock hands together, and providing a template for the clock cogs. Schnedi did all the code work, and graphical modifications to my original PSDs. There are 2 versions in the pack. A static cog, and an animated cog version, where the cogs rotate. Massive thank you to schnedi for releasing these for free.
    The pack is available on cydia, just search "m! Radiant iClock". I did make a minor error with the description, and the the package is installing to the wrong directory, but I've contacted MMI and they're fixing it for me. So maybe hold off on the download for an hour or so It's time for zzz's so I'll check again in the morning. Night all. Enjoy.
    Sk37cH

Attachment 616104
    This is really cool. I modified the CSS file so that gear 2 rotates in the opposite direction, so that now the gears appear to mesh together instead of grinding against each other.

Otherwise, awesome job guys!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (11-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    This is really cool. I modified the CSS file so that gear 2 rotates in the opposite direction, so that now the gears appear to mesh together instead of grinding against each other.

Otherwise, awesome job guys!
    Agreed. This looks better. Schnedi guided me through the small modification. I'll submit an update maybe today, but I feel kinda bad for Tyler :P Poor guy had to deal with me for a few hours last night, and that's enough to turn anyone batsh*t crazy

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I was/am still very interested in this. I think using a GUI for the LS is definitely the way to go. I was able to great the layout for the settings app to work great, but I still don't know how to merge the data from the GUI into the widget. that's where I need some help.
    Yeah. And let's not be in a hurry to relegate to "been there done that" with the LS idea that Buuf employed in the past whose GUI concept didn't really catch on. It took iWidget nearly a year to get any real interest til I and a few others started converting all the cool info pieces of SB widgets to PerPage docs. The need was there - then Durben said "dudes, iWidget is way better".. And then suddenly Eldwin's mild mannered little tweak became the next evolution of the SB far superior to the PerPageHTML concept.

In the same way Lockscreens are poised ready for an evolutionary step. I believe Rasputin's concept - even if just another iteration of what Buuf had, could be that next evolutionary step for Lockscreens. I'm ecstatic about the possibilities you and Ras and Durben are talking about here, King! Now let's just get that first Lock-screen with options written!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-21-2012 at 09:12 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (11-22-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. And let's not be in a hurry to relegate to "been there done that" with the LS idea that Buuf employed in the past whose GUI concept didn't really catch on. It took iWidget nearly a year to get any real interest til I and a few others started converting all the cool info pieces of SB widgets to PerPage docs. The need was there - then Durben said "dudes, iWidget is way better".. And then suddenly Eldwin's mild mannered little tweak became the next evolution of the SB far superior to the PerPageHTML concept.

In the same way Lockscreens are poised ready for an evolutionary step. I believe Rasputin's concept - even if just another iteration of what Buuf had, could be that next evolutionary step for Lockscreens. I'm ecstatic about the possibilities you and Ras and Durben are talking about here, King! Now let's just get that first Lock-screen with options written!
    Well put!

The piggy back method is very easy to use, if you want to stick a widget or two onto the lock screen in predetermined positions.

The GUI config also seems not too difficult, as I have already created a GUI interface and I have a couple of examples, but like I said, I'm just missing the piece to tie the GUI into the LS.

Actually being able to use iWidgets on the LS, no thats a whole other kettle of fish.

I'm willing to do what I can if there are any others that want to take it on.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 11-21-2012 at 11:30 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (11-22-2012)

Thanks

Well put!

The piggy back method is very easy to use, if you want to stick a widget or two onto the lock screen in predetermined positions.

The GUI config also seems not too difficult, as I have already created a GUI interface and I have a couple of examples, but like I said, I'm just missing the piece to tie the GUI into the LS.

Actually being able to use iWidgets on the LS, no thats a whole other kettle of fish.

I'm willing to do what I can if there are any others that want to take it on.
    No one needs to actually move iWidgets around on the Lockscreen.. What our original guy was wanting was the object itself on his Lockscreen and to be able to create different layouts that can be saved as themes for the Lockscreen. Most of us don't spend our days putting our SB iWidgets into move mode and move them around. We get em where we want them and leave it alone. That's all we want with the LS too - is to put different widget "in place" on the Lockscreen. It should be started in a new thread I think.. But...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ty for the tweak eldwin !
    Im making a "poster" widget and i have a issue i can't fix , my widget weight is 303 and the height is 170 , i think it casue problem beacuse i can press the widget in like 75% of the screen .
    How can i fix it ?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Design For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    No one needs to actually move iWidgets around on the Lockscreen.. What our original guy was wanting was the object itself on his Lockscreen and to be able to create different layouts that can be saved as themes for the Lockscreen. Most of us don't spend our days putting our SB iWidgets into move mode and move them around. We get em where we want them and leave it alone. That's all we want with the LS too - is to put different widget "in place" on the Lockscreen. It should be started in a new thread I think.. But...
    That's funny, his questions was if it was possible to add widgets to a lock screen. Which is a different question than "can I convert widgets for use on a lock screen". It seems you are just interested in converting them. In that case the piggy back method will work just fine for you. No need for any new tweak. I thought what everyone liked about iWidgets was the fact that you can easily place, remove and reposition them. If you are not interested in being able to do that, then you are good to go with this method!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanks

That's funny, his questions was if it was possible to add widgets to a lock screen. Which is a different question than "can I convert widgets for use on a lock screen". It seems you are just interested in converting them. In that case the piggy back method will work just fine for you. No need for any new tweak. I thought what everyone liked about iWidgets was the fact that you can easily place, remove and reposition them. If you are not interested in being able to do that, then you are good to go with this method!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!!
    That's not the issue, King.. As in the first post after his question was posed someone made clear that iWidgets, movable at will, on the LS are impossible. People don't move iWidgets daily as a course of phone use. They just like different options for 'static' displays.. That's the great thing about iWidgets. The 'intent' was to have the same 'options' to change daily on LS. And the piggy back method sounds like it will achieve that. It wasn't that hard to understand the posters actual desire.. .. Thank goodness Ras was interested in the 'intent' of the poster's question - otherwise he would have left hearing only 'it's impossible!'..

Happy TGiving to you too!!
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 11-22-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks

The only thing that your forgetting is that people without coding knowledge will not be able to utilize the piggyback method. This was the main intent of iWidgets, was that anyone could use them and position them without knowing any code. So what your saying is that modifying code every time you want to make a change to your LS is ok.

I don't think I missed the intent. If that was the case, then again, the question would have been different. Not everyone is interested in learning how to code to setup their LS. Ras just threw out a known method to be able to use them on the LS, but I don't think that was what was being asked here.

I'm glad that you found this method as a solution to what you want to do, but I don't think it is what most are looking for. One of the biggest problems is that there won't be any "options" that can be set without editing additional code. Using a GUI with a LS will make things easier, but it can get very tricky if you are trying to have it control several widgets in a LS. It will also limit who can create them, as the code required to make the GUI is a lot more that the code required to just piggyback them.

I believe you aren't looking at the big picture here of having the masses being able to utilize widgets on the LS easily and without knowing any code.

I'll climb down off my soap box now, as I know we are not going to agree on this.

Have a nice holiday. Hope the weather is nice in Philly!

Thanks

The only thing that your forgetting is that people without coding knowledge will not be able to utilize the piggyback method. This was the main intent of iWidgets, was that anyone could use them and position them without knowing any code. So what your saying is that modifying code every time you want to make a change to your LS is ok.

I don't think I missed the intent. If that was the case, then again, the question would have been different. Not everyone is interested in learning how to code to setup their LS. Ras just threw out a known method to be able to use them on the LS, but I don't think that was what was being asked here.

I'm glad that you found this method as a solution to what you want to do, but I don't think it is what most are looking for. One of the biggest problems is that there won't be any "options" that can be set without editing additional code. Using a GUI with a LS will make things easier, but it can get very tricky if you are trying to have it control several widgets in a LS. It will also limit who can create them, as the code required to make the GUI is a lot more that the code required to just piggyback them.

I believe you aren't looking at the big picture here of having the masses being able to utilize widgets on the LS easily and without knowing any code.

I'll climb down off my soap box now, as I know we are not going to agree on this.

Have a nice holiday. Hope the weather is nice in Philly!
    As is usually the case with us, King - we're emphasizing the polar opposite ends of the same point. The code for piggy back will be very accessible for even the the most noob of 'eager' coders in training as I am. You're right that the rank noob will engage with iWidgets way more easily and that 'ease' will never be available on the LS.

The only difference in our vistas here is that you assume the guy who asked the question was a rank noob - I assumed him to be an eager noob as I was. We're really acknowledging the same thing in the end.

Seasoned coders will, in the end, make 95% of these newer LS options - and the rank noob will use them as is as they do now with iWidgets. You're right to point out a rank noob can move around an iWidget at will with no code experience but won't be able to change the LS widgets.. at least not at first. But I'll be the first to start the tutorial thread to show them how to mod them! :-)..

Weather's real mild today.. Close to 60F.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maurimuy's Avatar
    Thanks

iWidgets Elegance For Boss

[Tweak] iWidgets-616142d1353629660-boss-ios-now-available-theme-app-iwidgets-elegance-boss-disaster-icon-maurimuy.png

Options: Default Night

1- Day

2- Day/Disaster

3- Night

4- Night/Disaster

Download: mediafire

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to maurimuy For This Useful Post:

8lias (11-22-2012), AWSUM (02-14-2013), chevymusclecar (11-22-2012), Fattone66 (11-22-2012), G-weezy (11-22-2012), indyzzzz (12-02-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), jjoklong (11-28-2012), King_O_Hill (11-26-2012), Krima (11-22-2012), limitzero (02-10-2013), Lucys (11-23-2012), s22lane (11-22-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey all,

Is it possible to disable the icon scatter that occurs after unlocking the iPhone? I'd like to disable it so that they stay static and match better with iWidgets. It just looks odd to me to see my homescreen iWidget remain static while the icons slide in. It's quite minor, I know, but if anyone knows of a tweak to disable the icon scatter I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlemantra View Post
    Hey all,

Is it possible to disable the icon scatter that occurs after unlocking the iPhone? I'd like to disable it so that they stay static and match better with iWidgets. It just looks odd to me to see my homescreen iWidget remain static while the icons slide in. It's quite minor, I know, but if anyone knows of a tweak to disable the icon scatter I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    You could use Barrel from Cydia.

It gives many animation options and fade in and out is one of them. So as you swipe to screen 2 it would just fade in the new icons.

Hope this is what you are after

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (11-26-2012)