Page 90 of 365 FirstFirst ... 40 808889909192 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Oh I see look at the first post it's all there. Also download an iWidgets and see how it's setup. Widget needs to be widget.html and create a plist widget.plist. What don't you understand.
    Hi I did as suggested and I have figured it out. So I am up and running now and will just have to read code until my eyes bleed now and lots of trial and error. One quick question and the I will stop bugging you :-)

I have made a widget into a iWidget now and hack e set the Widget.plist to 320 x 35 as that's the size I want to be able to move the widget. And the Widget.html is set for Full screen so the Widget covers the full screen and the icons below are still touchable and work as they should.

So to the question, is there a way I can make the icons appear to be above the Widget rather than below the Widget ? So the widget is running in the back ground rather than the fore ground

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hi I did as suggested and I have figured it out. So I am up and running now and will just have to read code until my eyes bleed now and lots of trial and error. One quick question and the I will stop bugging you :-)

I have made a widget into a iWidget now and hack e set the Widget.plist to 320 x 35 as that's the size I want to be able to move the widget. And the Widget.html is set for Full screen so the Widget covers the full screen and the icons below are still touchable and work as they should.

So to the question, is there a way I can make the icons appear to be above the Widget rather than below the Widget ? So the widget is running in the back ground rather than the fore ground

Thanks
    It's not possible to make the icons appear on top of the widget. Sorry.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

nateD (10-30-2012)

Yes king_of_hill is correct. you cannot put the widget below the icons. iWidgets run on top of the SB.

This enables you to hold and press to get the widget list. If it ran behind the icons you wouldn't be able to press anything, on the SB besides icons.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012), markotak (11-05-2012), nateD (10-30-2012)

Durben did the update for your dual weather widget and now I can't find it! The widget is not in iwidget list and used ifile and couldn't find it either if someone doesn't figure out I'll be home soon and I'm sure I'll find but if someone finds please post location!

Thanks

Ok thanks guys, saves me time trying to figure it out ;-)

Thanks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Thanks
    Richard,
    What you need to learn to do is think of iWidgets as only the 'information' they hold and not the large, screen-covering images they have. This is why it's impractical to think of LS widgets as candidates for iWidgets. They really aren't. But SB widgets are usually blocks of information on top of a full screen background. So I'm assuming you learned how to rename the html file from Wallpaper.html to Widget.html. And then you have to add a Widget.plist file that specifies the size of the iWidget. But then you have some work to do.

The part of the SB widget you want as an iWidget is just the information of the weather widget and its overlays (smaller background images). So in the HTML you need to get rid of the main large background image usually specified early in the document as IMG=.. Just get rid of that image that's specified as a height and width covering the whole screen.

Lastly - you have to move all the data that is displayed from its location on the screen in the SB widget to the uppermost and left most it can be and still be in proportion to other bits of data.. I'm assuming you already know how to do this..

So really all you want in an iWidget is the 'block' of data - and NOT all the hugh pictures. You DO want the 'overlay' images behind the data if there are any. But, again, NOT the large screen covering images.

That's a basic overview of how to convert an SB widget to an iWidget.

Though it's impractical in my view to do so, you can do the same process with the Lockscreen Widget - first by changing the .HTML file's name from Lockscreen.html to Widget.html and then do all the other things.

Sometimes you need to be careful the 'paths' in the .js files still access the files you need. If you run into problems like that Durben and other can help you find which 'path' is incorrect.

Good luck! I've converted many of these now. If you have any trouble - PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    Durben did the update for your dual weather widget and now I can't find it! The widget is not in iwidget list and used ifile and couldn't find it either if someone doesn't figure out I'll be home soon and I'm sure I'll find but if someone finds please post location!
    he twitted a warning about it to not update. go to *cydia/packages/widget name* and select "Filesystem Content" then you'll see where to find it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012), The_Durben (10-28-2012)

Thanks schnedi! Not following Durben but I can see I need to!

Thanks schnedi! Not following Durben but I can see I need to!
    I messaged MMi about it already. Not sure what they did as the file I sent is complete.
    They are looking into it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Richard,
    What you need to learn to do is think of iWidgets as only the 'information' they hold and not the large, screen-covering images they have. This is why it's impractical to think of LS widgets as candidates for iWidgets. They really aren't. But SB widgets are usually blocks of information on top of a full screen background. So I'm assuming you learned how to rename the html file from Wallpaper.html to Widget.html. And then you have to add a Widget.plist file that specifies the size of the iWidget. But then you have some work to do.

The part of the SB widget you want as an iWidget is just the information of the weather widget and its overlays (smaller background images). So in the HTML you need to get rid of the main large background image usually specified early in the document as IMG=.. Just get rid of that image that's specified as a height and width covering the whole screen.

Lastly - you have to move all the data that is displayed from its location on the screen in the SB widget to the uppermost and left most it can be and still be in proportion to other bits of data.. I'm assuming you already know how to do this..

So really all you want in an iWidget is the 'block' of data - and NOT all the hugh pictures. You DO want the 'overlay' images behind the data if there are any. But, again, NOT the large screen covering images.

That's a basic overview of how to convert an SB widget to an iWidget.

Though it's impractical in my view to do so, you can do the same process with the Lockscreen Widget - first by changing the .HTML file's name from Lockscreen.html to Widget.html and then do all the other things.

Sometimes you need to be careful the 'paths' in the .js files still access the files you need. If you run into problems like that Durben and other can help you find which 'path' is incorrect.

Good luck! I've converted many of these now. If you have any trouble - PM me.
    Perfect - I have managed to convert a Lockscreen widget and I am now playing around with the code.

It just so much better being able to do things yourself than ask all the time for this and that. And a little knowledge never hurt anyone.

This community gives so much and it's nice to give something back every now and then, and these are the reasons I always want to learn.

I am never going to be on the levels of Drifter, Durben, Chevy, Schnedi etc etc but I am learning fast :-)

Thanks again

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

Thanks Durben got it! If anyone else is looking its at var/mobile/cydia!

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 456 Posts

I read that i should not update only after i updated my cydia apps. What are the repurcussions of updating the iwdget Durben spoke about?

edit: itz not showing in the iwidget list
    Last edited by The 8th Immortal; 10-28-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    SIGPIC SIGPIC

Widget works fine with more options u just have to ssh or use ifile to move to proper location!

Widget works fine with more options u just have to ssh or use ifile to move to proper location!
    That's where it is but I'm not telling people to move it.
    It can cause problems when updating when it's fixed.
    Like I said, MMi is aware and will fix it

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me The 8th Immortal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 456 Posts

Thanks Durben got it! If anyone else is looking its at var/mobile/cydia!
    i don't think this is correct

Sorry Durben but came to really like it so didn't wanna go without! I'm sure I'm not the only one too!

Sorry 8th immortal proper location is var/mobile/library/cydia!
    Last edited by Happy363; 10-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy363 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-28-2012)

Where I can post to solve my problem?
    Who can help me?

Quote Originally Posted by ivaniyo View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone can help me?
    I can not have GPS on widgets. I have the firmware 5.0.1, I have installed GPS Weather loockscreen (5.1.xx) and it does not work because I have a lower firmware.

I can you say I have to do to enable GPS in widgets?
    I created a file with my coordinates (MyLocation) but the most widgets need GPS.

Is there a version 5.0.1 GPS Weather Loockscreen for?

Where I can post to solve my problem?
    Who can help me?

GPS Weather Lockscreen by crazyvivek in cydia is what you need for your iOS

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012), The_Durben (10-28-2012)

I Install GPS Weather Loockscreen for Cydia but this version 5.1.xx and I have version 5.0.1. It does not work
    I need GPS weather lockscreen iOs 5.0.1 and I don't found it
    Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    GPS Weather Lockscreen by crazyvivek in cydia is what you need for your iOS

I Install GPS Weather Loockscreen for Cydia but this version 5.1.xx and I have version 5.0.1. It does not work
    I need GPS weather lockscreen iOs 5.0.1 and I don't found it
    where did you get that version?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-31-2012)

Page 90 of 365 FirstFirst ... 40 808889909192 100 140 190 ... LastLast