+ Reply
Page 81 of 355 FirstFirst ... 31 717980818283 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX "Seachgate"!! Yes!! Luv it! lol... Your last statement there is key. Yes, indeed we've become used to it. I'm a middle aged guy having used tech
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    "Seachgate"!! Yes!! Luv it! lol...

Your last statement there is key. Yes, indeed we've become used to it. I'm a middle aged guy having used tech resources since Apple SE30 days. The proof to me that this is an antiquated operation for search is simply because, again, it would NEVER occur to me, at all, that I needed to clik on search AFTER I typed my search string. Why? Because there's no more (for a long time now) any search function I do in life that requires this. I don't know what to say. When Richard first wrote back and said "did you clik on the search bottom after you typed in iWidget?"... I thought "are you kidding me?.. WHY???". All I can tell you is that there is no context anywhere desktop or mobile where I have to do that anymore. For at least 5 years or more I'm gonna guess.

In fact Mountain Lion for Macs now lets you type a URL OR a search string in the open box at browser top of Safari. And all results immediately appear. No clicking of any kind except to launch the browser itself.
    Just one more question to ponder and then I'm done with this subject

Why would Google have a "google search" button on their Homepage and Bing have a "search" button on their Homepage if predictive text is the way of the future? Since they both brought predictive text to searching, wouldn't those buttons be considered redundant and shouldn't they be removed from the search page if it is?

I guess Saurik isn't the only one who needs to update his search engine Search-gate continues.... LOL

Thanks for the conversation, NewDestiny, I really enjoy our little discussions. Brings a little life back into the threads

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,024 Times in 4,530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Didn't see that and no it's not possible.
    The layer inside the plist needs to be at the top of the width and height. To do that I'd have to add a bigger plist canvas size and that would cover the apps and you wouldn't be able to touch them
    I didn't get a chance to say it yet. But WOW! Great widget, Derrick. Thanks again for all your good work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Just one more question to ponder and then I'm done with this subject

Why would Google have a "google search" button on their Homepage and Bing have a "search" button on their Homepage if predictive text is the way of the future? Since they both brought predictive text to searching, wouldn't those buttons be considered redundant and shouldn't they be removed from the search page if it is?

I guess Saurik isn't the only one who needs to update his search engine Search-gate continues.... LOL

Thanks for the conversation, NewDestiny, I really enjoy our little discussions.
    Haha. Me too, Drifter. My final word too is this: On a Google or Bing page you don't have to depress the Search button to get "all" your results. That's the difference. On Cydia search you do to get all results. Mark my words - the search button itself will disappear from Google and the other engines real soon. It's a vestige of the past. .

Thanks, Drifter! And for all your great widgets too. To this day my home screen has your work on it.

Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-18-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012), nateD (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), Ramses2 (10-19-2012), The.Drifter (10-18-2012), The_Durben (10-18-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Thanks NewDestiny appreciated
    Easily my favorite widget so far.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Oh all this search talk has made me smile.

I would like to throw something out there

If we are counting how good something Is by "click technology" Cydia wins hands down because after you have "actually" hit the search button it lists EVERYTHING that is relevant to that search.

Now old search engines like Google and Yahoo you have to click for the NEXT page and the next and the next. So that could be 600 Clicks

"how out of date are them :-)"

Thanks for making me smile
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 1,488 Posts

Wow. You guys/gals sure write a lot. Whew lots of reading. First it was the weather codes now a "freaking" search in Cydia? Woo wee!!! Lol.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Oh all this search talk has made me smile.

I would like to throw something out there

If we are counting how good something Is by "click technology" Cydia wins hands down because after you have "actually" hit the search button it lists EVERYTHING that is relevant to that search.

Now old search engines like Google and Yahoo you have to click for the NEXT page and the next and the next. So that could be 600 Clicks

"how out of date are thEY :-)"
    HAHA! Hey, that's a good point Richard! In terms of the 'final clik count' - I guess Cydia does win after all. I didn't think about that aspect. But keep in mind - people, 98% of time, find what they're looking for in a search on page 1 of the results. And on Cydia I can only see 5 lines of results before I have to scroll the page down where there are many more results seeable on page 1 of a Google search. But that's only a screen size difference. But I have to admit you make a great point there. Hey - Google is awesome, Cydia is awesome! As the young generation says: "It's all good!"

Quote Originally Posted by G-weezy View Post
    Wow. You guys/gals sure write a lot. Whew lots of reading. First it was the weather codes now a "freaking" search in Cydia? Woo wee!!! Lol.
    Well, you know what this season is like - when this place is a ghost town because everybody's 'stock' on iPhone 5 now. We just get a little bored and have to blow off some steam. LOL!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,128 Times in 1,301 Posts

Speaking of searching, do yourselves a favor and search for "German ice pool" on YouTube... Absolute slapstick gold!! Happy searching peeps

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nateD For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-20-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before. Has anyone converted Ian's UNIAW to this format. Or know how to make the animations show in front of an iwidget.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itr2sti View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before. Has anyone converted Ian's UNIAW to this format. Or know how to make the animations show in front of an iwidget.
    Ian's or Dacal's Weather Animations you wouldn't want to show IN FRONT of iWidget - because they take up a lot of the page and would cover icons which you couldn't depress. What I do is make sure the animations are part of the SB widget I'm using or are written for PerPageHTML so they can still be in the backdrop - over which any iWidgets appear. I set most of my iWidgets for transparent backgrounds (most are set that way already) so I can see the weather animations 'through them'. You definitely wouldn't want a full weather animation as an iWidget though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,
    I was wondering how I can find some of these widgets that I have noticed on a few YouTube videos.
    Like the automated clock and a few that I don't have the names to off the top of my head.

Ive tried searching for iWidgets in Cydia but they arent there.
    Is there a list that has all the widgets that are available for iWidget?

Thanks

Can I ask what theme this is?
    EDIT: Ok I guess its MIOS.. but it doesnt look that share on the mmi theme page.

Also are you using Sprintomize2 to get the taskbar icons to look that way?

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 10-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks
    Thanked 6,350 Times in 1,488 Posts

Well, you know what this season is like - when this place is a ghost town because everybody's 'stock' on iPhone 5 now. We just get a little bored and have to blow off some steam. LOL!!!
    iPhone 5? Never heard of such thing. Stocker phone? No way I could. When I finally updated to 5.0.1 I had to by force because my phone wanted to act like it was not taking its meds. There wasnt a JB yet. I went into a state of depression because my phone just sucked @ss big time.
    "I have no answers, just useless questions."
    "There are no strangers in this world, just friends we haven't made"

18. The Following User Says Thank You to G-weezy For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012)

Thanks

Ian's or Dacal's Weather Animations you wouldn't want to show IN FRONT of iWidget - because they take up a lot of the page and would cover icons which you couldn't depress. What I do is make sure the animations are part of the SB widget I'm using or are written for PerPageHTML so they can still be in the backdrop - over which any iWidgets appear. I set most of my iWidgets for transparent backgrounds (most are set that way already) so I can see the weather animations 'through them'. You definitely wouldn't want a full weather animation as an iWidget though.
    Thanks ND. With that being said how would I go about converting an iwidget to a perpage style widget? I have an HTC widget that I love and would like to have animated weather shown over.

wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

Just wanted to again say thanks for everyone who does these awesome iWidgets

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012), The.Drifter (10-19-2012), The_Durben (10-19-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,480 Times in 6,391 Posts

Thanks ND. With that being said how would I go about converting an iwidget to a perpage style widget? I have an HTC widget that I love and would like to have animated weather shown over.
    It's already been done here:

HTC Animated Wigdet For PerPageHTML
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012), The.Drifter (10-19-2012), The_Durben (10-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's already been done here:

HTC Animated Wigdet For PerPageHTML
    Thanks KOH. I'll give it a whirl.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

I have the HTC running on top of the icons are able to touch the icons below. I posted the video. You just have to change the Widget.plist to make the touch section smaller.

On the HTC on I have taken the clock off so I have just the weather and have placed it over a row of icons that all work fine. I changed the Widget.plist to hight 50 and Width 320.

I am not sure if that's exactly what you are talking about. Have a look at the Video I posted a few pages bak and you will see what I mean post #1318
    Last edited by Richard; 10-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012), NewdestinyX (10-19-2012)

Thanks

King already beat me to it.. in terms of showing where the HTC has already been converted to PPHTML. But in general - the only things different between an iWidget and a PerPage widget are:
    1) The addition of the widget.plist that an iWidget needs. This file would be removed in a conversion to PerPageHTML.
    2) Then an iWidget has the positioning of the elements as top-most and left-most as possible. In a conversion to PerPage you'd need to change all the top: and left: values of each element of the widget to where you want to see them on the screen. Otherwise - all the naming of the documents of the iWidget and the PerPage widget are identical.

There are very few situations where you'd ever need to choose a PerPage widget over an iWidget. I'm not quite sure why you're wanting to do this. You mentioned UNIAW by Ian earlier.. I'm guessing that may be one scenario.. You'd want your SB background widget -- then you'd need to put Ian's Weather over top of that as a PerPage widget - then other iWidgets on top of that so the weather would show thru. Is that basically what you're trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have the HTC running on top of the icons are able to touch the icons below. I posted the video. You just have to change the Widget.plist to make the touch section smaller.

On the HTC on I have taken the clock off so I have just the weather and have placed it over a row of icons that all work fine. I changed the Widget.plist to hight 50 and Width 320.

I am not sure if that's exactly what you are talking about. Have a look at the Video I posted a few pages bak and you will see what I mean post #1318
    Okay. Not sure why someone would need to run weather animation as an iWidget though.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks

Default Drifters Beta Tabs
    Thanks to Durben for the inspiration of a Drop down Tab iWidget

I really liked his idea of a Tab to open a iWidget,
    since Durben already has the Top of the Springboard covered pretty good,
    I thought I would work on Side iWidget Tabs to help round out the concept.

These are beta's of some ideas I'm tossing around, not a final product by any means.

2 separate iWidget Tabs, one for Clock and one for a Calendar. Can move each independently.

I just wish for feedback on this Side Tab iWidget concept and any future iWidget Tabs you might like to see.
    Im planning on a RSS Tab, and maybe a simple Temperature/Weather description one.

So what else would you folks like to see as a Tabbed iWidget ? I'm open to all suggestions

Heres some pics of whats in the Tabs Beta 1 package.

Note: The touch area to move the Tab around the springboard and to activate the Tab open/close animation are near the Tab button itself.
    This is intentional so when the Tab is open it wont interfere with you touching any icons that might be below the iWidget.

It will NOT move or animate unless you touch around the Tab Button area

Download here: Drifters Clock and Calendar Tabs Beta 1.zip

Credits to Durben for this iWidget Tab inspiration, and to Dacal for the Interactive Touch Scripts
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 10-19-2012 at 05:37 PM.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-20-2012), nateD (10-19-2012), phil73 (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), Schnedi (10-19-2012)

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,718 Times in 2,504 Posts

try something like this drifter http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6662567

i tried it couple months ago... but never shared it :S

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

gottlieb78 (10-19-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), jima6636 (10-19-2012), King_O_Hill (10-20-2012), nateD (10-19-2012), phil73 (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), The.Drifter (10-19-2012), The_Durben (10-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    try something like this drifter http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6662567

i tried it couple months ago... but never shared it :S

Wow Schnedi! Your work always amazes me

I really like that idea as well

Why didn't you release this?

Your further along with it than I currently am and you did a real nice job with it.

I'm sure people would appreciate you sharing that particular widget.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), jima6636 (10-19-2012), King_O_Hill (10-20-2012), nateD (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), Schnedi (10-19-2012)