Page 80 of 361 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 7218

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,706 Times in 6,725 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Welcome my man. Did you change the drop down size?
    So it fits even with statusbar?
    Yeah, I saw that. Gonna mess with it tomorrow. Gotta sleeee....
    Widget Weather 2.0 App Currently in Public Beta for iOS 8 only!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-18-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Durben

You seemed to have missed my question LOL

Is it possible to edit the code so the drop down becomes pop up ? So you could have it near the dock,

My status bar and top of screen is kinda full lol

And great widget
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good day, Richard! With your help, I recently did a widget HTC Russian city, I created a post on our site about the Russian people and widget and enjoy. I thank you for it, and just as I promised you have as an assistant.

But I do have one question, do you discuss this widget, created them. But why is all connected with the weather.
    Maybe someone knows how to create a widget mobile balance? Richard you do not know how to do it, could you tell me?
    Last edited by proK0t; 10-18-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by proK0t View Post
    Good day, Richard! With your help, I recently did a widget HTC Russian city, I created a post on our site about the Russian people and widget and enjoy. I thank you for it, and just as I promised you have as an assistant.

But I do have one question, do you discuss this widget, created them. But why is all connected with the weather.
    Maybe someone knows how to create a widget mobile balance? Richard you do not know how to do it, could you tell me?
    Hi

I am glad i was able to help you and your friends

I dont make any widgets, i am able to look at code and figure some things out and thats as good as i am,

I am not sure what you are asking for regarding Widgets ? so its difficult for me to give you the right answer, explain what you are after and i will try and help where i can.

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=The_Durben;6699408]Solution is simple, you can't do it. HTML schemes don't work on SB

What a shame..
    Then there is no option for launching an app from a widget, isnt it?

The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding all the iWidgets on Cydia. The SEARCH function in Cydia is not all that intelligent.. It only searches for 'starting letters'. So most of our modders - put their name or title of the widget first then add 'iWidget' to the end of the name.. Though now it's probably too late to ask them to all 'reupload' with the "iWid" or something at the front of the name -- that would be SOOOOO much easier to find these. Right now we're all expected to just know the titles to find them on Cydia..

Currently a search with simply "iWidget" brings up only Eldwin's tweak itself and none of these great iWidgets.. Saurik really needs make a more intelligent search engine for Cydia. Unless there's something I'm missing in a setting in Cydia somewhere.. Please enlighten me..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding all the iWidgets on Cydia. The SEARCH function in Cydia is not all that intelligent.. It only searches for 'starting letters'. So most of our modders - put their name or title of the widget first then add 'iWidget' to the end of the name.. Though now it's probably too late to ask them to all 'reupload' with the "iWid" or something at the front of the name -- that would be SOOOOO much easier to find these. Right now we're all expected to just know the titles to find them on Cydia..

Currently a search with simply "iWidget" brings up only Eldwin's tweak itself and none of these great iWidgets.. Saurik really needs make a more intelligent search engine for Cydia. Unless there's something I'm missing in a setting in Cydia somewhere.. Please enlighten me..
    That's strange !!

I get all the iWidgets listed currently around 30 ? Are you actually pressing the Search button. As I agree if you type in iWidget or iWidgets the predictive section only brings up Eldwins tweak. But if you put in iWidget and actually press search it brings them all up.

Thanks

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-18-2012), NewdestinyX (10-18-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), The.Drifter (10-18-2012)

Thanks

I really don't understand the problem you are having???

The search function works perfectly for cydia. It does NOT just search for the matching first letters, it searches the entire title for a match!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    That's strange !!

I get all the iWidgets listed currently around 30 ? Are you actually pressing the Search button. As I agree if you type in iWidget or iWidgets the predictive section only brings up Eldwins tweak. But if you put in iWidget and actually press search it brings them all up.

Thanks
    Are you saying that he doesn't know how to do a search? For shame! NewD has told us numerous times that he is a search engine expert, veteran, master or whatever. To even think that he would make such a noob error is beyond comprehension.

We all need to let Saurik know how the search function doesn't work properly!

Ahh give it a minute, and I will be told that I am "Wrong Again" I am sure. Must be the "special" search that we did.

Have you contacted Saurik and let him know about his faulty search function?
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (10-18-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I really don't understand the problem you are having???

The search function works perfectly for cydia. It does NOT just search for the matching first letters, it searches the entire title for a match!

Are you saying that he doesn't know how to do a search? For shame! NewD has told us numerous times that he is a search engine expert, veteran, master or whatever. To even think that he would make such a noob error is beyond comprehension.

We all need to let Saurik know how the search function doesn't work properly!

Ahh give it a minute, and I will be told that I am "Wrong Again" I am sure. Must be the "special" search that we did.

Have you contacted Saurik and let him know about his faulty search function?
    Where the HE*LL in the search engine universe do you have to hit the search key a SECOND FRIGGIN' time to get full results?!?!?! Not Google, not Bing, not Yahoo!!!!! Thanks, Richard and King for the insight. Saurik has the only search engine on the planet now that requires you to hit the button twice. Pardon me if I didn't check for something I wouldn't have even IMAGINED needing to do. The Search Engine works perfectly well albeit antiquated in design.

King, when I took you to task on telling me how to use Google, a couple months back now, it was because everyone knows how to use a 'real' search engine. Please don't try to make equivalencies out of two entirely separate situations. You and Obama should get together with that kind of 're-direct'.. Lol!!!

Thanks guys. Now Cydia's search will be a help for me.

Why for other search strings does Cydia give, in the predictive search, the exact same amount of results as after you clik search a 2nd time?

It's likely that most of the tweaks I've searched for have always come up in the predictive. I've been using Cydia for a long time and have never had to clik search twice to get what I was looking for (and you shouldn't have to, Saurik, IMHO).
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

I'm just glad it is working for you now.

Happy Searching!

Thanks

I'm just glad it is working for you now.

Happy Searching!
    Me too, glad I could help...... You never know what you will find now :-)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-18-2012)

Where the HE*LL in the search engine universe do you have to hit the search key a SECOND FRIGGIN' time to get full results?!?!?! Not Google, not Bing, not Yahoo!!!!!
    Hitting the search key twice in Cydia doesnt do anything.

When you start typing, the predictive text will show some results, thats not the same as pressing the search button.

After you type your text and hit Search, then you would have really only pressed it once. You can press it 1000 times again after it displays results and it wont show anything different unless you changed the text up top. So I dont understand where your hitting the "search" twice?

Cydia search works just fine, type in your search text, hit search once, get results. I really dont see any problems, and 98% of Cydia users dont see this as a problem either. Granted, its not like Google where all your results show up as you type, but hitting the search button once in Cydia is all thats required.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

bluevixen (10-18-2012), King_O_Hill (10-18-2012), Lucys (10-18-2012), NewdestinyX (10-18-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), Schnedi (10-18-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Hitting the search key twice in Cydia doesnt do anything.

When you start typing, the predictive text will show some results, thats not the same as pressing the search button.

After you type your text and hit Search, then you would have really only pressed it once. You can press it 1000 times again after it displays results and it wont show anything different unless you changed the text up top. So I dont understand where your hitting the "search" twice?

Cydia search works just fine, type in your search text, hit search once, get results. I really dont see any problems, and 98% of Cydia users dont see this as a problem either. Granted, its not like Google where all your results show up as you type, but hitting the search button once in Cydia is all thats required.
    Well not quite, Drifter. I think you're misunderstanding me. When you enter Cydia, across the bottom, are function buttons to choose. One of them is Search. You must clik on it. That's CLIK #1 on Search. Then you guys are telling me that after I type - I have to clik again. That's Clik#2. Again not even that first clik is required in modern engines. You simply enter the URL for a search engine and start typing. So Cydia's search is 'as much as' 2 additional cliks when compared to web search engine. But I know what you mean in your clarification and I thank you for it..

So still -- all my comments are valid to the point - that all 'real' search engines for a number of years now give you all results as you type and you can choose a result from there with no additional cliks. Just like Google, Bing, etc.. So my main complaint still stands in the final analysis.. :-).. Now let's compare Apples to Apples. This is ALSO the case with Chrome and Mobile Safari, etc on the iPhone. No additional clik is needed AFTER you've typed. ALL results appear in the predictive window.

But at least the engine will be useful to me now. It's one of those weird scenarios where everything I ever needed the Cydia search engine to do, until now, it did.. When I got a new jailbreak and searched for Gridlock -- all I did was type 'gridlock - never even hit the search button and Cydia search would find it -- and I could immediately clik on Gridlock and be taken to that tweak for download. It never occurred to me the need to clik on Search AFTER you type in what you're looking for. Again - no modern search engine, desktop or mobile, for many years now, requires you to do that.. Saurik needs to update that functionality. I won't be the only one who wonders why they can't find the iWidgets.. LOL!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-18-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Durbens phenomenal drop down iwidget. Very innovative and unobtrusive. Absolutely love it, great job man. I also love how easy it was finding it with Sauriks dynamic search function.

Thanks

@NewD

You don't really hit the search twice. The search button at the bottom of the app just takes you to the search page of the app. The search page has a search button on the keyboard to do the actual search. You don't need to hit the search page selection button a second time, they are 2 different buttonS.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-19-2012 at 10:38 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (10-18-2012)

@NewD

You don't really hit the search twice. The search. Button at the bottom of the app just takes you to the search page of the app. The search page has a search button on the keyboard to do the actual search. You don't need to hit the search page selection button a second time, they are 2 different button.
    Yep

23. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012)

@NewD

You don't really hit the search twice. The search. Button at the bottom of the app just takes you to the search page of the app. The search page has a search button on the keyboard to do the actual search. You don't need to hit the search page selection button a second time, they are 2 different button.
    Understood. But we were comparing 'keystrokes' to get a search done. Cydia is still '2 clicks' plus typing and other Mobile searches and desktops ones don't have those same cliks. I'm just comparing 'keystrokes'. But we've beat this dead horse now.. :-)

We can move on. Thanks for helping me find the secret to Cydia search, King.

Understood. But we were comparing 'keystrokes' to get a search done. Cydia is still '2 clicks' plus typing and other Mobile searches and desktops ones don't have those same cliks. I'm just comparing 'keystrokes'.
    I'm still having trouble understanding your point of view.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have to click to open google, chrome, or safari. Why don't that count as a keystroke then?

Thats would in essence, still be the same number of keystrokes as cydia to launch the search page.

The only difference it seems, is that you got use to the predictive text of modern search engines, which actually is a option you can toggle in most of them. If you toggle it off you would then have to click search button to see your results.

Have you tried using the MMI mobile app search? You have to press the search button to launch the search page, then type your search criteria and then press search. The same as Cydia.

Have we become so use to modern technology that a extra 3 inch move of the thumb is considered a waste of time?

I guess we will call this issue Cydia Search-gate

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    I'm still having trouble understanding your point of view.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have to click to open google, chrome, or safari. Why don't that count as a keystroke then?

Thats would in essence, still be the same number of keystrokes as cydia to launch the search page.

The only difference it seems, is that you got use to the predictive text of modern search engines, which actually is a option you can toggle in most of them. If you toggle it off you would then have to click search button to see your results.

Have you tried using the MMI mobile app search? You have to press the search button to launch the search page, then type your search criteria and then press search. The same as Cydia.

Have we become so use to modern technology that a extra 3 inch move of the thumb is considered a waste of time?

I guess we will call this issue Cydia Search-gate
    "Seachgate"!! Yes!! Luv it! lol...

Your last statement there is key. Yes, indeed we've become used to it. I'm a middle aged guy having used tech resources since Apple SE30 days. The proof to me that this is an antiquated operation for search is simply because, again, it would NEVER occur to me, at all, that I needed to clik on search AFTER I typed my search string. Why? Because there's no more (for a long time now) any search function I do in life that requires this. I don't know what to say. When Richard first wrote back and said "did you clik on the search bottom after you typed in iWidget?"... I thought "are you kidding me?.. WHY???". All I can tell you is that there is no context anywhere desktop or mobile where I have to do that anymore. For at least 5 years or more I'm gonna guess.

In fact Mountain Lion for Macs now lets you type a URL OR a search string in the open box at browser top of Safari. And all results immediately appear. No clicking of any kind except to launch the browser itself.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-18-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (10-18-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Durben

You seemed to have missed my question LOL

Is it possible to edit the code so the drop down becomes pop up ? So you could have it near the dock,

My status bar and top of screen is kinda full lol

And great widget
    Didn't see that and no it's not possible.
    The layer inside the plist needs to be at the top of the width and height. To do that I'd have to add a bigger plist canvas size and that would cover the apps and you wouldn't be able to touch them

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-19-2012), nateD (10-19-2012), Project5 (10-19-2012), The.Drifter (10-19-2012)

Page 80 of 361 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 180 ... LastLast