+ Reply
Page 77 of 355 FirstFirst ... 27 677576777879 87 127 177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by King_O_Hill "But here we go again - with the 'half truths" - So what your saying is that Yahoo is the only weather feed available for use
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,063 Times in 4,556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    "But here we go again - with the 'half truths" - So what your saying is that Yahoo is the only weather feed available for use on the internet? Wow, talk about half-truth!!!

"There are absolutely NO other weather service codes that have been successfully written yet for wide consumption." - There are absolutely more weather services out there. They may not be practical for the masses, but they are very viable for a single user. Yahoo just happens to be free to large number of calls, that's the main reason it is used.

"Rasputin's done the most most work in that area but has run into lots of trouble getting it to catch on. If there WERE other code available now I would certainly rewrite all my favorite widgets with it." - Your waiting for someone else to do all the work for you. Why don't you use the service that Ras recommends? He's already done the work for you, and it works quite well! Why do you need it to "catch on", just use it for yourself. Just mod the widgets that you download and change the code to utilize his method. I have done it on a couple of LS's/Widgets that I was using, but I don't have an issue with Yahoo, so I choose to use it instead.

Do some research before you just discount what I say. Be an innovator for a change instead of just riding on everyone's coattails and complaining about it. Why not actually become part of a "NewDestiny" that you create for the rest of us. Don't always take the easy way out. I would think that once you have it setup, it would be fairly simple for a "veteran" of your knowledge to convert any widget you want to.

Just stop whining about it and do something about it for a change. Geeez!
    Hey, you know, King--- you're right!!!! For once. :-/.. Do you remember where those threads are? I tried searching for it the week Yahoo went down to no avail.

But Ras in those days was talking about all the hoops he had to jump thru and how he couldn't make the widgets look more 'artsy' for some reason. I remember determining at the time and talking to veterans that said our GPS current widgets couldn't be adapted to use Ras' implementation. Surely you remember those conversations. You speak in generalities, King. How 'bout some specifics.

But you're spot on with the challenge to me to be an innovator. I'm not interested nor have the time to learn JavaScript to program - but I can mod and import code. As I recall Ras was working with Google as a weather source?? Fuzzy memory now.

Good kick in the pants, King! Thanks!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,587 Times in 6,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hey, you know, King--- you're right!!!! For once. :-/.. Do you remember where those threads are? I tried searching for it the week Yahoo went down to no avail.

But Ras in those days was talking about all the hoops he had to jump thru and how he couldn't make the widgets look more 'artsy' for some reason. I remember determining at the time and talking to veterans that said our GPS current widgets couldn't be adapted to use Ras' implementation. Surely you remember those conversations. You speak in generalities, King. How 'bout some specifics.

But you're spot on with the challenge to me to be an innovator. I'm not interested nor have the time to learn JavaScript to program - but I can mod and import code. As I recall Ras was working with Google as a weather source?? Fuzzy memory now.

Good kick in the pants, King! Thanks!
    Here are the "specifics" as posted by Ras on one of his threads! I didn't take the time to double check it today, but I had gone through it when he sent me the link back on 6/26.

GPS based weather - a new approach - MobileModding.US

Maybe I do only use "generalities" at times, but all you have to do is ask for more detail and I will always back it up.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (10-12-2012)

Thanks

Here are the "specifics" as posted by Ras on one of his threads! I didn't take the time to double check it today, but I had gone through it when he sent me the link back on 6/26.

GPS based weather - a new approach - MobileModding.US

Maybe I do only use "generalities" at times, but all you have to do is ask for more detail and I will always back it up.
    Fair enough. Thanks

wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-12-2012), King_O_Hill (10-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jima6636 View Post
    somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed....
    I fell asleep on the couch last night
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-12-2012), jima6636 (10-12-2012)

wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

haha so the wife was mad
    I fell asleep on the couch last night

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-12-2012), King_O_Hill (10-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jima6636 View Post
    haha so the wife was mad
    you kidding me, she was prolly sprawled out enjoying the entire bed!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (10-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Dude you are amazing. Could you add a GPS weather to it ?

So it scrolled the weather and then you could add your own text to the end ? Not sure it's possible to do both ?

But I am sure you guys know.

So many cool stuff coming now ;-)

Hi Driffter or anyone

Is there anyway I can increase the amount of text. As I tried a sentence and it only shows Half of it

Thanks
    Did you or anyone ever find an answer to this? Im kind of in the same boat. Using Driffers Banner Widget

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itsTrentB For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsTrentB View Post
    Did you or anyone ever find an answer to this? Im kind of in the same boat. Using Driffers Banner Widget
    Edit the Widget.html and change the #name width:320px to a larger number. Try 1200px for a sentence.

You will also have to widen the scroll distance to accommodate the wider name width.

edit:
    0% {-webkit-transform:translateX(330px);}
    100% {-webkit-transform:translateX(-300px);}

make the 330px and -300px a larger number.

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0965.png

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-08-2012), itsTrentB (10-13-2012), jima6636 (10-12-2012), King_O_Hill (10-20-2012), Project5 (10-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Edit the Widget.html and change the #name width:320px to a larger number. Try 1200px for a sentence.

You will also have to widen the scroll distance to accommodate the wider name width.

edit:
    0% {-webkit-transform:translateX(330px);}
    100% {-webkit-transform:translateX(-300px);}

make the 330px and -300px a larger number.

Attachment 614002
    I played around with those widths and htmls but couldnt figure it out. Thank you for this!!!! I appreciate your work and everyone else in this thread.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to itsTrentB For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,128 Times in 1,301 Posts

@KOH and newdestiny: lmfao, you guys crack me up! you're both obviously very intelligent and well-educated dudes, and clearly both enjoy a bit of verbal sparring... I honestly find it amusing and entertaining so please keep it up, lol
    Last edited by nateD; 10-12-2012 at 08:38 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nateD For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (10-12-2012), King_O_Hill (10-15-2012), The_Durben (10-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nateD View Post
    @KOH and newdestiny: lmfao, you guys crack me up! you're both obviously very intelligent and well-educated dudes, and clearly both enjoy a bit of verbal sparring... I honestly find it amusing and entertaining sk please keep it up, lol
    I'm glad that I am keeping you entertained bud

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (10-12-2012), nateD (10-12-2012), The_Durben (10-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 495 Posts

Anyone know what font chokem is using here?

Thinks; HIP5
    Last edited by Hip5; 10-12-2012 at 09:28 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mohseen488's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 204 Posts

@drifter where can i get these collections of iwidgets

Thanks
    Thanked 6,989 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mohseen488 View Post
    @drifter where can i get these collections of iwidgets
    I post all my iWidgets on this thread.

Those widgets that chokem has in his iWidget list are from my separable Weather pack found here : http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...ml#post6667010. Post #680.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

azaleea (10-13-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-20-2012), Lucys (10-14-2012), melodeee (05-04-2013), mohseen488 (10-13-2012), nateD (10-13-2012), Project5 (10-13-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

The main reason my method is not "catching on" is the use of the iPhones's web server (lighted), PHP, Lynx (command line browser) and shell scripts/sed editor.
    All these are previously unknown in theming, but all these are available on Cydia, mainly from Saurik's telesphoreo project server.
    Anyway, changing "old style code" to work with my method is not a huge task, if it regards JSON response files. Instead of requesting it from the weather server, you have to open it from /var/www.
    As Lynx has downloaded the JSON response file already, it is now available for all Lockscreen themes and all widgets (one download serves all rather then every theme/widget gets it own JSON response file).
    Done!
    It gets a bit more complicated when you use weather info from weather websites without JSON response files (meaning any weather website you can visit on your PC/Mac), as Lynx downloads the complete webpage, sed then changes that html code into whatever you want. And that is the hardest point, as this requires knowledge how sed works. Apart from that you also need the images, the css files and js files from that website and adjust them to what you need/like.
    All this work is for one website, another website needs the same work but in a different manner.
    Imagine you have done all this work and your theme/widget is ready, hardly anyone can use it as barely anyone has the iPhone web server etc installed and that is the reason why my method is not "catching on".
    I did this because I enjoyed doing it. It works perfect on my "old" 3GS, with MyLocation app or without it. I shared my findings, that's it.
    Honestly I give a rat's arse if this is catching on or not.

The arty problem is because my designer talent is total crap, my designer level is quite a few notches below most themers here at MMi!
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-13-2012 at 11:13 AM.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-14-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-15-2012), Lucys (10-14-2012), meth357 (07-24-2013), nateD (10-13-2012), Project5 (10-13-2012), rumcajs (10-13-2012), The_Durben (10-13-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Well said ras
    And yes your method works perfectly.
    My only concern with not using it is like you said, users don't have the necessary files installed.
    As it is I get constant email/PM/twitter requests for support. Most for not having a working MyLocation app...it gets tedious

**on another note ~ iWidget weather center
    Icons on screen work even through the weather info display

Last edited by The_Durben; 10-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

azaleea (10-14-2012), blkmini (10-14-2012), Destan (10-14-2012), Hip5 (10-13-2012), indyzzzz (10-14-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-15-2012), Lucys (10-14-2012), nateD (10-13-2012), Project5 (10-13-2012), rasputin007 (10-13-2012), rumcajs (10-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    The main reason my method is not "catching on" is the use of the iPhones's web server (lighted), PHP, Lynx (command line browser) and shell scripts/sed editor.
    All these are previously unknown in theming, but all these are available on Cydia, mainly from Saurik's telesphoreo project server.
    Anyway, changing "old style code" to work with my method is not a huge task, if it regards JSON response files. Instead of requesting it from the weather server, you have to open it from /var/www.
    As Lynx has downloaded the JSON response file already, it is now available for all Lockscreen themes and all widgets (one download serves all rather then every theme/widget gets it own JSON response file).
    Done!
    It gets a bit more complicated when you use weather info from weather websites without JSON response files (meaning any weather website you can visit on your PC/Mac), as Lynx downloads the complete webpage, sed then changes that html code into whatever you want. And that is the hardest point, as this requires knowledge how sed works. Apart from that you also need the images, the css files and js files from that website and adjust them to what you need/like.
    All this work is for one website, another website needs the same work but in a different manner.
    Imagine you have done all this work and your theme/widget is ready, hardly anyone can use it as barely anyone has the iPhone web server etc installed and that is the reason why my method is not "catching on".
    I did this because I enjoyed doing it. It works perfect on my "old" 3GS, with MyLocation app or without it. I shared my findings, that's it.
    Honestly I give a rat's arse if this is catching on or not.

The arty problem is because my designer talent is total crap, my designer level is quite a few notches below most themers here at MMi!
    Thanks, Ras. I'm a simple man. I have a simple question. Can your code be fairly easily imported to any of the LS/SB Themes and iWidgets that currently use MyLocation and yahoo? If so - where can I read about it, learn it, and then start to help convert lots of our favorites for myself and others?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks, Ras. I'm a simple man. I have a simple question. Can your code be fairly easily imported to any of the LS/SB Themes and iWidgets that currently use MyLocation and yahoo? If so - where can I read about it, learn it, and then start to help convert lots of our favorites for myself and others?
    Let's take WorldWeatherOnline for an example.
    Everybody can register there for a free API key (I have use this for month about 50 times a day -refresh is each time I lock the Home screen), never got any problems.
    They offer JSON response files and you get the weather for the location from the latitude and longitude - no woeid, no zip code or anything else, just the GPS coordinates that MyLocation supplies, together with your API key.
    So, yes it is a basic rewrite of the url for the JSON response file, the addition of the API key and a change of the interpretation of the JSON response file.
    Regarding the location name from Google maps, there are 2 ways. Either through google maps without displaying the google maps or through fetching the google response file with Lynx (have not been able to get google response file through javascript). The last method involves shell script, which can be started by PHP and that requires the iPhone web server.
    There are examples for the google maps method in the GPS thread (look at page 78 and 99 )
    So, in summary, yes it is possible to use a different weather/location name service, even without having to use my method of involving the iPhone web server.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

indyzzzz (10-14-2012), King_O_Hill (10-15-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

hi everyone,
    i have a Ipad 2 with IOS 5.1.1, i tried to install iwidget, all ok, but when i tap (long press) on springboad, don't worked, any idea ?
    Someone can help me Please ?

Many thx in advanced

Solved:
    I do not know why, but putting iPad in portrait, pressing on spingboard works in landscape mode does not work ...
    someone else has the same problem?
    Just to know ... thanks
    Last edited by extremeg; 10-14-2012 at 11:44 AM.