Page 76 of 365 FirstFirst ... 26 667475767778 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

I see what you did there!!! Very clever!!! Very nice!!

How does one reduce the iWidget "footprint" so that when touching the screen what is behind the iWidget responds?

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    I see what you did there!!! Very clever!!! Very nice!!

How does one reduce the iWidget "footprint" so that when touching the screen what is behind the iWidget responds?
    You Edit the Widget plist, but it does not work for them all, i have reduced the HTC one to Hight 50 and width 320

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You Edit the Widget plist, but it does not work for them all, i have reduced the HTC one to Hight 50 and width 320

Thanks
    Yes, I thought that would be the method. If you exceed the widget parameters, though, you would end up with a partially displaying widget.

I may have misunderstood what Durben was eluding to earlier but let's say I'm running boss theme and I want to place a boss clock icon widget over the standard boss icon. The process of placing the widget is easy enough but once the widget is perfectly placed over the standard clock icon, touching the clock icon/boss clock widget has no effect as you effectively touching the widget and not the clock icon behind it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    Yes, I thought that would be the method. If you exceed the widget parameters, though, you would end up with a partially displaying widget.

I may have misunderstood what Durben was eluding to earlier but let's say I'm running boss theme and I want to place a boss clock icon widget over the standard boss icon. The process of placing the widget is easy enough but once the widget is perfectly placed over the standard clock icon, touching the clock icon/boss clock widget has no effect as you effectively touching the widget and not the clock icon behind it.
    No I think you are right. What Durben has "well I think" is a way to make any widget transparent. And this would enable you to do exactly that. If this is the case the possibilities are endless.

I was just sharing how I managed it

Thanks

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

proK0t (10-11-2012), The_Durben (10-11-2012)

Just for your information Iwidget works well on my iphone 4 ios 6 nice
    Thanks for everyone who collaborate on this awesome tweaks an widget to add to this you make an iphone my iphone thanks
    Modmyi is a wonderful community

sorry for my english I'm Qubcois hahaha

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupp For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-11-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Richard, Thank you very much friend,I would succeed with your help, once again many thanks!!
    Share on the Russian forum and make sure this addon your name help!!!!

No I think you are right. What Durben has "well I think" is a way to make any widget transparent. And this would enable you to do exactly that. If this is the case the possibilities are endless.

I was just sharing how I managed it

Thanks
    Yes, that's right. We've had a way for a long time now to make an icon invisible so you can put another icon on top of it that's stylized - that you can then clik. BlueMetal with his Pages, Notebook and GT themes is a master of this. MaxPa1n also gave us something like that with his FlipClock theme. The application Durben's talking about more with this is a little different. Though i do think it's possible to do everything you guys are saying.. The specific application Durben's talking about is not so you can PRESS on a widget and trigger what's underneath - but rather -- that you can have a widget that overruns its borders, 'near' a row of icons, and you still be able to clik on any of the icons in that rown.. Picture a widget that has a weather information block -- but when it's cloudy, for example, a translucent image of clouds appears over top of the weather box, OUTSIDE the widget.plist borders for the box itself.. But that 'cloud image' or 'rain image' doesn't stop you from cliking on the row of icons it's over top of. That's more what I pictured when Durben explained it. So some 'larger' iWidgets can be created with creatively placed translucent (less opaque) portions of the widget falling outside the described widget.plist borders that won't impede the cliking of icons.

Again - the possibilities are endless. I'm eager to learn how to program this.

But as I said - we've already had, for a long time, the way to use an invisible icon image over top of a picture in an SB Widget that signifies what that icon launches. For example a picture of a clock is in the SB widget and you make the CLOCK app's icon invisible over top of the SB picture of the clock so it will trigger when you press there.

I'm excited either way!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 526 Posts

All my yahoo weather widgets are not working again.
    And back again.
    Later,HIP5
    Last edited by Hip5; 10-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hip5 View Post
    All my yahoo weather widgets are not working again.
    And back again.
    Later,HIP5
    That's sucky Yahoo!!!!

I was just wondering if a calendar widget is possible that when you touch it shows the full month and when you touch it again it would show your appointments or tasks. Also we have all the forecasts widgets but no stand alone calendar widgets with full aside from the original one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbl View Post
    I was just wondering if a calendar widget is possible that when you touch it shows the full month and when you touch it again it would show your appointments or tasks. Also we have all the forecasts widgets but no stand alone calendar widgets with full aside from the original one.

Thanks
    I asked that once and was told widgets can't really work that way. Plus we already have the notification center on iPhones with one simple swipe of the finger we can see upcoming appts, etc..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Lito1's Avatar
    Thanks

I know this has to be the work of the DB did I miss this cube iwidget ?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1349999271.639200.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lito1 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Lito1 View Post
    I know this has to be the work of the DB did I miss this cube iwidget ?-imageuploadedbymodmyi1349999271.639200.jpg
    Destiny thread dude
    Nate made a full version I just made it an iWidget. He put it out on that thread.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Lito1 (10-11-2012)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Lito1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Destiny thread dude
    Nate made a full version I just made it an iWidget. He put it out on that thread.
    Thanks DB i thought so but wasnt sure bcuz i've got the full version but i gotta get thid one no doubt bruh.........

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lito1 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (10-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    That's sucky Yahoo!!!!
    Then stop using it or stop complaining about it. Geez, I am so tired of the whining about how bad Yahoo is, but you keep using it. There are other options. If your widgets were coded differently, you wouldn't have this problem. Mine worked fine all day.

Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect different results. - Ben Franklin

I made sure that I gave credit to the quote!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Widget with forecast outside the widget.plist
    Icons to the right of the weather iWidget still work.
    Even when the forecast is over top

*just made a quick image for the weather as I designed this for another theme that's not out yet and the widget is still not done. Just wanted to show you what I meant.
    **not that you can have a widget over an icon and still use the icon. That doesn't work.
    This doesn't work with all widgets just a few and I'm pretty sure only a certain type. Just haven't tested anything really yet.

I'll post something like this soon so you can get an idea.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (10-12-2012), Hip5 (10-12-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), Karoonchai (10-12-2012), nateD (10-12-2012), rumcajs (10-13-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Widget with forecast outside the widget.plist
    Icons to the right of the weather iWidget still work.
    Even when the forecast is over top

*just made a quick image for the weather as I designed this for another theme that's not out yet and the widget is still not done. Just wanted to show you what I meant.
    **not that you can have a widget over an icon and still use the icon. That doesn't work.
    This doesn't work with all widgets just a few and I'm pretty sure only a certain type. Just haven't tested anything really yet.

I'll post something like this soon so you can get an idea.

Is that one or two widgets ?

Is that one or two widgets ?
    One widget

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (10-12-2012), Hip5 (10-12-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Then stop using it or stop complaining about it. Geez, I am so tired of the whining about how bad Yahoo is, but you keep using it. There are other options. If your widgets were coded differently, you wouldn't have this problem. Mine worked fine all day.

Insanity is when you keep doing the same thing over and over, but expect different results. - Ben Franklin
    Lol. Yes I get that. But here we go again - with the 'half truths' from ya, Mr.King . There are absolutely NO other weather service codes that have been successfully written yet for wide consumption. Rasputin's done the most most work in that area but has run into lots of trouble getting it to catch on. If there WERE other code available now I would certainly rewrite all my favorite widgets with it.

Yahoo sucks with regard to accuracy in small towns and uptime. We all know it and we just have to live with it. I will admit it's better than nothing. :-/
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Lol. Yes I get that. But here we go again - with the 'half truths' from ya, Mr.King . There are absolutely NO other weather service codes that have been successfully written yet for wide consumption. Rasputin's done the most most work in that area but has run into lots of trouble getting it to catch on. If there WERE other code available now I would certainly rewrite all my favorite widgets with it.

Yahoo sucks with regard to accuracy in small towns and uptime. We all know it and we just have to live with it. I will admit it's better than nothing. :-/
    "But here we go again - with the 'half truths" - So what your saying is that Yahoo is the only weather feed available for use on the internet? Wow, talk about half-truth!!!

"There are absolutely NO other weather service codes that have been successfully written yet for wide consumption." - There are absolutely more weather services out there. They may not be practical for the masses, but they are very viable for a single user. Yahoo just happens to be free to large number of calls, that's the main reason it is used.

"Rasputin's done the most most work in that area but has run into lots of trouble getting it to catch on. If there WERE other code available now I would certainly rewrite all my favorite widgets with it." - Your waiting for someone else to do all the work for you. Why don't you use the service that Ras recommends? He's already done the work for you, and it works quite well! Why do you need it to "catch on", just use it for yourself. Just mod the widgets that you download and change the code to utilize his method. I have done it on a couple of LS's/Widgets that I was using, but I don't have an issue with Yahoo, so I choose to use it instead.

Do some research before you just discount what I say. Be an innovator for a change instead of just riding on everyone's coattails and complaining about it. Why not actually become part of a "NewDestiny" that you create for the rest of us. Don't always take the easy way out. I would think that once you have it setup, it would be fairly simple for a "veteran" of your knowledge to convert any widget you want to.

Just stop whining about it and do something about it for a change. Geeez!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Page 76 of 365 FirstFirst ... 26 667475767778 86 126 176 ... LastLast