+ Reply
Page 72 of 343 FirstFirst ... 22 627071727374 82 122 172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 6841

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Np Originally Posted by mr.design ty , it worked .
    wanna-be Themer/Modder jima6636's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 831 Posts

Np
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.design View Post
    ty , it worked .

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (10-10-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Looking good.

How about a size option or would that have to incorporate too many images. You could go 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 and full screen. Just a thought
    The problem with sizing widgets through scale function is the widget plist. You can't scale that. So if you have a widget like Chevys screens and scale half size you still have a blank place in SB that you cannot place/use icins

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), indyzzzz (10-13-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    The problem with sizing widgets through scale function is the widget plist. You can't scale that. So if you have a widget like Chevys screens and scale half size you still have a blank place in SB that you cannot place/use icins
    Oh I see what you mean, should have thought about that. Oh we'll it was an idea :-)
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012), The_Durben (10-08-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life Fattone66's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 2,597 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    How bout a little bigger with all new sized images?

Attachment 613727

Attachment 613728

Looks great Chevy.👍

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fattone66 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi again, since you talked a bit about resizing, I would like to bump my question up again. How hard is to resize a widget? I particularry would like to make it 3-4 times the curent size, to use it on iPad 2. Any tips will be highly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akoae View Post
    Hi again, since you talked a bit about resizing, I would like to bump my question up again. How hard is to resize a widget? I particularry would like to make it 3-4 times the curent size, to use it on iPad 2. Any tips will be highly appreciated.
    You need to access the style scripts and change some numbers

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,015 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akoae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThelostMC View Post
    You need to access the style scripts and change some numbers

or wrap all the elements into a new div and resize all the widget with line:

-webkit-transform: scale(NUMBER YOU WANT);

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), indyzzzz (10-13-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), metaserph (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,159 Times in 5,910 Posts

Couldn't you make the plist an option also to match the scale? Just thinking.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Couldn't you make the plist an option also to match the scale? Just thinking.
    Can't have an alternate naming scheme so it won't work.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,354 Times in 4,252 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    or wrap all the elements into a new div and resize all the widget with line:

-webkit-transform: scale(NUMBER YOU WANT);
    I asked this several times and heard there was no way to scale an iWidget.. So that code will really work??

So where does the webkit-transform line go? In the .Html after the /div at the end of all the other divs?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,983 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I asked this several times and heard there was no way to scale an iWidget.. So that code will really work??

So where does the webkit-transform line go? In the .Html after the /div at the end of all the other divs?
    Check this out: CSS3 2D Transforms

This will scale a widget, but for iWidget use its not very useful if you setup a scale feature as a user option, you would have to manually have to edit the widget.plist to match the scaled size, otherwise you will leave spaces that will affect icons being touched if the widget is placed near them.

As Durben mentioned above, you cannot dynamically change the widget.plist to match the scaled size.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 10-08-2012 at 07:21 PM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), indyzzzz (10-13-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The_Durben (10-08-2012)

Thanks

It really doesn't change the size of the widget. It will still take up the same amount of real estate, but part of it will have a reduced size image and an area to the right and below would be transparent. I was hoping we could dynamically pick from different plist files, but I was informed that it is not possible.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012), The_Durben (10-08-2012)

Thanks

If you use nateD's cube I resized as an iWidget it utilizes web kit scale
    That will give you an idea of how it works.
    It was done like schnedi noted above.
    Same with the animated fish tank one I did

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), NewdestinyX (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The.Drifter (10-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Check this out: CSS3 2D Transforms

This will scale a widget, but for iWidget use its not very useful if you setup a scale feature as a user option, you would have to manually have to edit the widget.plist to match the scaled size, otherwise you will leave spaces that will affect icons being touched if the widget is placed near them.

As Durben mentioned above, you cannot dynamically change the widget.plist to match the scaled size.
    It really doesn't change the size of the widget. It will still take up the same amount of real estate, but part of it will have a reduced size image and an area to the right and below would be transparent. I was hoping we could dynamically pick from different plist files, but I was informed that it is not possible.
    If you use nateD's cube I resized as an iWidget it utilizes web kit scale
    That will give you an idea of how it works.
    It was done like schnedi noted above.
    Same with the animated fish tank one I did
    Thanks, guys. I think I get it. I don't care to add it as an option. My only goal is with one 'div' - '/div' be able to scale everything between that div command down. If the 'wiggle' full area of the .plist stays 'the largest the widget would ever be' - that's okay with me. I just want to shrink down a couple of my favorite widgets - overlays and all. Fonts, etc.. So that everything inside the 'box' of the iWidget is smaller. Will the code Schnedi describes do that for me?

And am I understanding the code syntax - that I do it sorta like creating a 'box', that you taught me, Derrick..
    I put a 'div id= some name' before all other divs in the .html.. And put an '/div' after all other divs -- then after the last /div is where I'd put the webkit trsansform command? Or is the webkit transform code line go in the Main.css? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-08-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

That's exactly it except for the webkit part
    That goes in the css under the #whatevernameyouuse for that div
    Also the scaling is a basis of 1.0 being actual size
    Smaller would be 0.5 ect
    Larger is 1.5 ect but larger doesn't work that well all the time. Will begin to pixelate
    You will also need a topx and leftx value to move it around after it's scaled smaller

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), NewdestinyX (10-08-2012)

Thanks

I put a 'div id= some name' before all other divs in the .html.. And put an '/div' after all other divs -- then after the last /div is where I'd put the webkit trsansform command? Or is the webkit transform code line go in the Main.css? Thanks for the help.
    In the link I provided you above, scroll down and click the scale examples "try it yourself" button and you will see the code and how its properly applied in a editable widow. All your questions are answered there.

Heres the direct link to the "try it yourself" scale editor window :Tryit Editor v1.5
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 10-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), It's Mi (12-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), NewdestinyX (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    In the link I provided you above, scroll down and click the scale examples "try it yourself" button and you will see the code and how its properly applied in a editable widow. All your questions are answered there.

Heres the direct link to the "try it yourself" scale editor window :Tryit Editor v1.5
    Well I've already been there, Drifter, and for code guys like you that do it all day - it seems like the article would answer my question but it doesn't. Why not? Because most of the code in the widgets here isn't written like that example - with style sheet coding in the head and the div definitions in the body. Div definitions in well written code will be in the body of the .html. And the style will be in its own doc. You won't ever need to use the <style> </style> syntax where <style = text/css> So I'm looking at a couple of widgets that are written the iOS way.. And I can't figure out where to put stuff.

Specifically the example they gave doesn't make clear if I'd have to 'name' a <div id= >definition around the group of 'other divs' that create the iWidget itself that I want to scale smaller.. So the example they give doesn't really have anything to do with the way 'most modders' code for iOS. I know YOU see the resemblance - but iOS 'elementary coders' won't see the connection. I need a more specific example to the widgets we see every day.

I'll PM you.. It will get too involved here in the thread. But people can't simply follow the example you've linked there. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to iOS widgets we're dealing with.

That's exactly it except for the webkit part
    That goes in the css under the #whatevernameyouuse for that div
    Also the scaling is a basis of 1.0 being actual size
    Smaller would be 0.5 ect
    Larger is 1.5 ect but larger doesn't work that well all the time. Will begin to pixelate
    You will also need a top: px and left: px value to move it around after it's scaled smaller
    Thanks, Derrick. I think I get it now. I will try with a simple widget. My goal is only to make smaller - so I won't have to worry about pixelation. And okay -- the numbering example is down or up from 1.0.. Got it..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-08-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

Well I've already been there, Drifter, and for code guys like you that do it all day - it seems like the article would answer my question but it doesn't. Why not? Because most of the code in the widgets here isn't written like that example - with style sheet coding in the head and the div definitions in the body. Div definitions in well written code will be in the body of the .html. And the style will be in its own doc. You won't ever need to use the syntax where So I'm looking at a couple of widgets that are written the iOS way.. And I can't figure out where to put stuff.

Specifically the example they gave doesn't make clear if I'd have to 'name' a definition around the group of 'other divs' that create the iWidget itself that I want to scale smaller.. So the example they give doesn't really have anything to do with the way 'most modders' code for iOS. I know YOU see the resemblance - but iOS 'elementary coders' won't see the connection. I need a more specific example to the widgets we see every day.

I'll PM you.. It will get too involved here in the thread. But people can't simply follow the example you've linked there. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to iOS widgets we're dealing with.
    Just trying to help ....

I want to clarify that you can place styling and scripts within one HTML document. Placing it in another document doesn't make it "properly written code".

The linked example showed you that if you do use it that it should be placed within styling tags. According to your method of "proper coding" that would then be in your style.css document.

The example also showed you a method of styling just a div element. Anything inbetween that styled div , /div in the body of the HTML would then be defined by the styling. You can globally style all divs using this method, so you dont need to style each div id separatly.

The example showed text inbetween the styled div, but more divs could have been in between the styled div. The styled div would then be the container (box). Anything inbetween would have styled along with it.

Yes, the link showed examples for different browsers, you just needed the safari/chrome example to base your code upon. By editing the safari/chrome numbers in the "try it yourself" link, it showed you how you can affect width and height independently, then show you the results in the right handed window.

So it really does mirror what Durben has explained to you

Sorry you wasted your time with this valuable resource
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 10-09-2012 at 06:07 AM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), King_O_Hill (10-09-2012), NewdestinyX (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012), The_Durben (10-08-2012)

Thanks

Well I've already been there, Drifter, and for code guys like you that do it all day - it seems like the article would answer my question but it doesn't. Why not? Because most of the code in the widgets here isn't written like that example - with style sheet coding in the head and the div definitions in the body. Div definitions in well written code will be in the body of the .html. And the style will be in its own doc. You won't ever need to use the syntax where So I'm looking at a couple of widgets that are written the iOS way.. And I can't figure out where to put stuff.

Specifically the example they gave doesn't make clear if I'd have to 'name' a definition around the group of 'other divs' that create the iWidget itself that I want to scale smaller.. So the example they give doesn't really have anything to do with the way 'most modders' code for iOS.
    Looks pretty straight forward. Just don't need the transform factors for other web browsers:

Instead of this:

div#div2
    {
    margin:100px;
    transform:scale(2,4);
    -ms-transform:scale(2,4); /* IE 9 */
    -moz-transform:scale(2,4); /* Firefox */
    -webkit-transform:scale(2,4); /* Safari and Chrome */
    -o-transform:scale(2,4); /* Opera */
    }

Use this:

div#div2
    {
    }

I don't think the code for the other browsers would hurt being there, but I've never tried it like that either.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (10-08-2012), NewdestinyX (10-08-2012), Project5 (10-09-2012)

Thanks

Looks pretty straight forward. Just don't need the transform factors for other web browsers:

Instead of this:

div#div2
    {
    transform:scale(2,4);
    -ms-transform:scale(2,4); /* IE 9 */
    -moz-transform:scale(2,4); /* Firefox */
    -o-transform:scale(2,4); /* Opera */
    }

Use this:

div#div2
    {
    }
    Nope, King. Not quite that simple. div#div2 isn't an html reference it's a style reference. So you'd need a <style> marker to define it as css in the html. And that code there hasn't defined the "div id=" yet either.. So that example is a little too 'foreign' to iOS iWidgets to easily make the connection.. Derrick's post nailed it for me and I got it working..

In the main .html - after the <body> starts - you need to add:
    <div id="some_name_you_choose" -- I usually use the name "box"
    then after all other divs are defined in the .html and before the final</body> you close the defined box by adding a </div>

Then over in the Main.css doc, after the main {body} size definition and immediately before anything other '# { }' start, you add this command:

#box {-webkit-transform: scale (0.8);}

That will make the whole iWidget now 80% its original size.

It worked for me on Chevy's Multitouch most recent. THOUGH -- his touch zones do NOT work in my shrunk version. I understand why that would be. I'd have to change the touch zones too to work in the new 80% shrunk areas. But I just wanted a simple shrink command - and now I know how to do it.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 10-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.