+ Reply
Page 53 of 344 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 6873

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Mios pleaseeeeee
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Mios pleaseeeeee

Thanks
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I see the requests are flying in now.

I thought this would be a winner lol.

Got the update, thanks for the DeepSkyBlue looks sweet. In the next round could you add Colwell font for me. Just to match the rest of my system ��

I think iLark needs each blank icon so they can be added. So post them and I am Sure she will oblige.

I thought I would share how sweet this iWidget actually looks
    It's a truly FANTASTIC and ORIGINAL idea. It requires a lot of support because of how many popular themes are out there. And just wait until people start asking -- "Hey I use a 5x5 iconoclasm layout - can you make an option for that" -- etc, etc... But great work to you and your team... LOVE IT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Richard (09-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,983 Times in 932 Posts

For everyone who downloaded my Scrolling Banner iWidget.

I fixed a slight issue with a white border appearing when you select no Overlay and Transparent color in the options menu.

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0884.png

I have updated the link on my original post, or you can download it here : Drifters Scrolling Banner V2.zip

Im almost finished integrating GPS weather into my next version,
    same options as the scrolling banner but with weather info added to the scroll.

Here is a screenshot of the progress

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0885.png

Coming soon...

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-25-2012), IrobertI (01-19-2013), It's Mi (12-07-2012), Lucys (10-03-2012), Project5 (09-25-2012), Richard (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 363 Posts

I see the requests are flying in now.

I thought this would be a winner lol.

Got the update, thanks for the DeepSkyBlue looks sweet. In the next round could you add Colwell font for me. Just to match the rest of my system 😃

I think iLark needs each blank icon so they can be added. So post them and I am Sure she will oblige.

I thought I would share how sweet this iWidget actually looks
    He's right, if you go ahead and post a blank icon of whichever theme it is, i will add it, can be a folder icon or if the theme creator made an icon for "weather icon" I can use that icon, which is what I did for most themes

Also if you choose "Helvetica" it will be whatever system font you are using, so it will match

HotPink | iApplesauce | Hypnotiq | iAppleWood | boss mods

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to larke For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-25-2012), Hip5 (09-25-2012), Lucys (10-03-2012), metaserph (09-25-2012), Richard (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-25-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 547 Posts

Mabe you could add an "other" option where people can use ifile to just add there own icon so it's not such a hassle for you ... Just an idea mabe...
    Last edited by Bobvk114; 09-25-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks

Default Drifters Scrolling Weather iWidget
    Finished the Scrolling Weather iWidget for Richard

I have included several weather options and the ability to customize the look of the scroller.

This iWidget is either GPS or Woeid for the weather info, which can also be selected in the configure.js.
    You can change the text at the end of the weather info cycle by editing the configure.js and changing the var scrolltext info.

Download Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t4737w14e73tq74

Credits to Chevy for the original scrolling weather idea and widget, and to Schnedi, Durben and Dacal for the scripts I used to make this.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-25-2012), GAIAStevef (09-28-2012), Hip5 (09-27-2012), It's Mi (12-07-2012), Lucys (10-03-2012), Project5 (09-25-2012), Richard (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-25-2012), UNLOCKZ (09-26-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

^The scrolling weather widget is very nice, thanks It works well with GPS but when I turned off GPS (changed true to false) and put in my woeid - it returns undefined for the coordinates - am attaching my ss so you may see

[Tweak] iWidgets-21aa20d400bdd264ec933037741f6b40a27dc5ee.png

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blkmini For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-07-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkmini View Post
    ^The scrolling weather widget is very nice, thanks It works well with GPS but when I turned off GPS (changed true to false) and put in my woeid - it returns undefined for the coordinates - am attaching my ss so you may see

Attachment 612976
    Without GPS, there is no coordinate info to display, so the widget is working correctly.

However, I could try to implement a script that will skip the coordinate display if GPS is off.

Let me see what I can come up with.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-25-2012), Richard (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Attachment 612976
    What lockscreen setup is that? Looks nice...

Thanks

Attachment 612976
    Fixed, I updated my original post with V3.

Or you can download the new version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?t4737w14e73tq74
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-25-2012), Hip5 (09-27-2012), It's Mi (12-07-2012), Richard (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Fixed, I updated my original post with V2.

Or you can download the new version here: Drifters Scrolling Weather iWidget V2.zip
    thanks - i knew the script works well, just wanted to inform you of the "minor" issue. thanks for the quick reply - love the widget as I can have weather and it occupies only a little part of the screen.

now can forecast be part of the scroll? - and that is wishful thinking from me

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkmini For This Useful Post:

Richard (09-26-2012), The.Drifter (09-26-2012)

Thanks

thanks - i knew the script works well, just wanted to inform you of the "minor" issue. thanks for the quick reply - love the widget as I can have weather and it occupies only a little part of the screen.

now can forecast be part of the scroll? - and that is wishful thinking from me
    Thanks,

I'm glad you like the weather scroller, I enjoyed making it

Yes, it's capable of scrolling a forecast too, just gotta add the forecast calls in the js and edit the HTML to display it.

I might implement that in a future version if enough people ask for it.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-25-2012), Hip5 (09-27-2012), Richard (09-26-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvk114 View Post
    Mabe you could add an "other" option where people can use ifile to just add there own icon so it's not such a hassle for you ... Just an idea mabe...
    I thought the same too. But you could Always drop your own icon in one of the folders 😃

But the whole idea of iWidgets is to make it simple for everyone. Not everyone can use ifile but everyone is able to click an option.

I am sure that's the thinking fro iLark, but I am sure it would not take much to add a other older for those that are confident using ifile

iLark
    It's looking great.

It would be good for Eldwin to come by and see what amazing work everyone is doing with his amazing tweak. I still can't believe this has not made it to Cydia yet or been featured on MMI news. I am sure others would love this tweak but have just not come across it yet 😉

Thanks
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

eldwin (09-26-2012), Hip5 (09-27-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Great work! loving this widget only thing i missing is Mios icons so if you take requests =)

Thanks

It would be good for Eldwin to come by and see what amazing work everyone is doing with his amazing tweak. I still can't believe this has not made it to Cydia yet or been featured on MMI news. I am sure others would love this tweak but have just not come across it yet
    Thanks Richard. I am around, and enjoying all the great work by great people posted here and on twitter. School's been keeping me really busy so I haven't had much time to put in this =(.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eldwin For This Useful Post:

Richard (09-26-2012), The.Drifter (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldwin View Post
    Thanks Richard. I am around, and enjoying all the great work by great people posted here and on twitter. School's been keeping me really busy so I haven't had much time to put in this =(.
    Glad you are still around amazing work in the creation of iWidget. And some amazing stuff is happening.

Screen shots of where I am and quiet simply lost for words. Thanks to Driffter, Durben, Chevy and iLark for bringing this to life.

Can't wait to see the clock when Chevy has worked his magic.

Driffter

I knew the scroller would be great and thanks for doing that for me, I am glad you liked the idea enough to put the time in.
    Can I give you another idea that would be nice to see. If you could add options to add or take off each element that would be great. ie some people might not want sunrise times or hi/low and others will. Maybe you could also add a weather icon from HTC say instead of a discription ? one last thing you took the scroller speed option off ?

i sound so demanding
    but These are just ideas and I am more than happy with all you have done.

Great work from all

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    It's a truly FANTASTIC and ORIGINAL idea. It requires a lot of support because of how many popular themes are out there. And just wait until people start asking -- "Hey I use a 5x5 iconoclasm layout - can you make an option for that" -- etc, etc... But great work to you and your team... LOVE IT!
    i wish they were my team

as i have said its ok having ideas but it takes skill to brig these to life and i have Zero skill these are the true Wizards

the only thing i have wrong is my Zepplin Logo is not DeepSkyBlue and chrome if somebody would like to tidy it up for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Tweak] iWidgets-imageuploadedbymodmyi1348645784.411519.jpg   [Tweak] iWidgets-imageuploadedbymodmyi1348645803.661955.jpg  
    Last edited by Richard; 09-26-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks

Drifter

I knew the scroller would be great and thanks for doing that for me, I am glad you liked the idea enough to put the time in.
    Can I give you another idea that would be nice to see. If you could add options to add or take off each element that would be great. ie some people might not want sunrise times or hi/low and others will. Maybe you could also add a weather icon from HTC say instead of a discription ? one last thing you took the scroller speed option off ?

i sound so demanding
    but These are just ideas and I am more than happy with all you have done.
    Thanks Richard, glad you like the Weather Scroller. It's been my experience that iWidgets tweak itself has a bug that limits the number of options that I can implement at one time. The limit seems to be at around 8 or 9. Going over that is possible to code, but the widget will not work correctly. Henceforth the label "unstable" seems to come into play when it comes for using options.

So I had to sacrifice the scroll speed to add some weather options.

For your idea of turning on/off selected weather info parts, it is possible to code that as a option, but like I mentioned above, if I add a toggle for each feature being displayed, there wouldn't be enough option slots available for anything else.

So currently the only solution to toggle those on/off is the old fashion way, by editing the style.css and changing display :; to display:none;

You can rearrange the display order by editing the HTML and moving the span section around for each. I have added span seperators with a " / " in it so people can change the seperators symbols to anything they want. For example, just change the " / " to a " - " or maybe a " ( " , you get the idea.

Hopefully when the iWidget tweak itself is updated, the option limit bug will be addressed, and we can add more than 8-9 options and still have stability,

I tried to find a good balance of weather and scroller options to use for the Weather Scroller, so this is the best I can do for now.

Thanks again for all the great ideas

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (09-27-2012), It's Mi (12-07-2012), Richard (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Thanks Richard, glad you like the Weather Scroller. It's been my experience that iWidgets tweak itself has a bug that limits the number of options that I can implement at one time. The limit seems to be at around 8 or 9. Going over that is possible to code, but the widget will not work correctly. Henceforth the label "unstable" seems to come into play when it comes for using options.

So I had to sacrifice the scroll speed to add some weather options.

For your idea of turning on/off selected weather info parts, it is possible to code that as a option, but like I mentioned above, if I add a toggle for each feature being displayed, there wouldn't be enough option slots available for anything else.

So currently the only solution to toggle those on/off is the old fashion way, by editing the style.css and changing display :; to display:none;

You can rearrange the display order by editing the HTML and moving the span section around for each. I have added span seperators with a " / " in it so people can change the seperators symbols to anything they want. For example, just change the " / " to a " - " or maybe a " ( " , you get the idea.

Hopefully when the iWidget tweak itself is updated, the option limit bug will be addressed, and we can add more than 8-9 options and still have stability,

I tried to find a good balance of weather and scroller options to use for the Weather Scroller, so this is the best I can do for now.

Thanks again for all the great ideas

Well Eldwin has been hanging around so maybe he can have a look at this, as the more options available will make them even more unique to each user.

I am glad you liked the idea

I have been playing around with this and i now have it as a Status Bar scroller, i think its kind a cool "what do you think ?

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (12-07-2012), The.Drifter (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012), UNLOCKZ (09-26-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought the same too. But you could Always drop your own icon in one of the folders ��

But the whole idea of iWidgets is to make it simple for everyone. Not everyone can use ifile but everyone is able to click an option.

I am sure that's the thinking fro iLark, but I am sure it would not take much to add a other older for those that are confident using ifile

iLark
    It's looking great.

It would be good for Eldwin to come by and see what amazing work everyone is doing with his amazing tweak. I still can't believe this has not made it to Cydia yet or been featured on MMI news. I am sure others would love this tweak but have just not come across it yet ��

Thanks
    Dear friend Richard. Can you please post for me an Mios Stylized icon so I can drop it with I file and have z Mios version. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickliki View Post
    Dear friend Richard. Can you please post for me an Mios Stylized icon so I can drop it with I file and have z Mios version. Thanks in advance
    Sorry Pal

i dont have it, i am sure if you ask in the Mios thread for the icon overlay somebody will post it

Sorry Pal

i dont have it, i am sure if you ask in the Mios thread for the icon overlay somebody will post it

i dont know if anybody wants this ?

But here is Drifters Weather Scroller that i have altered a bit to fit on the status bar. Juts hide the status clock and drop this iWidget in its place. Looks Cool

All credit goes to Driffter and i hope he does not mind me sharing

Wikisend: free file sharing service Status bar Scroller.rar
    Last edited by Richard; 09-26-2012 at 04:56 AM.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-26-2012), It's Mi (12-07-2012), The.Drifter (09-26-2012), The_Durben (09-26-2012)