Page 40 of 362 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

iPhone? More like MyPhone donkeylarry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Make sure you used the mini gps from page 4 I think. The others won't show up as they were made specifically for the unstable iWidget version.
    In the one from page 4, you'll have to change the Overlay.png in the style folder to a different one to make it match. Otherwise that should be working.
    If you have a second <body> section in that HTML, place it there instead.

I think he used one with options settings and as its missing the Config options it doesn't show up.
    Durben & schnedi - if I could click "THANKS" a million times, I would for each of you. I feel like I just ran and won the Boston Marathon and ready to climb Mt. Everest. It sucks getting so frustrated with this stuff for so long, feeling like you are close, but when you finally get it (thanks to your help) it's a hard feeling to beat. Anyway, I did it!!! Again, only with YOUR help. Appreciate your patience with me and hanging in there seeing this through. You guys amaze me with what you do. Gonna tweak a little more to try to use a different layer background from the bright metal to something darker. Surely that'll be a piece of cake now!!!
    -lsphoto.png

Having fun just making a random page with the fish tank and DB_GPS_V3 now.
    -photo.png

Thanks again guys!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donkeylarry For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-11-2012), The_Durben (09-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    I am getting hang off this code stuff
    I have made a couple of tweaks to the weather widget made for me by Durben.

Changed the font , size, colours, and the weather icons.

But i would like the opinion of Durben of what he thinks.
    I'm a simple set up guy so the all black worked for me but the color added is cool.
    It's all about what you like man so if you do then it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by iMaC 74 View Post
    Thanks again guys for the great iWidgets loving them all great work @The_Durben thanks man for the GPS Icon that's awesome I've had a little play with it to try and match it to the Icons I'm making, I think it's looking ok so far, lol think I'm gonna delete the WeaterIcon tweak as this looks much better.

Thanks again guys
    No worries dude
    Yeah it looks better than weather icon. Simple to add your own icon too like you did
    Uses less ram than weather icon tweak. Not sure how much, I removed that from my phone ages ago.
    Same with my analog clock icon, uses 3mb ram approx. Live Clock uses about 11-12mb. Deleted that tweak too

Quote Originally Posted by donkeylarry View Post
    Durben & schnedi - if I could click "THANKS" a million times, I would for each of you. I feel like I just ran and won the Boston Marathon and ready to climb Mt. Everest. It sucks getting so frustrated with this stuff for so long, feeling like you are close, but when you finally get it (thanks to your help) it's a hard feeling to beat. Anyway, I did it!!! Again, only with YOUR help. Appreciate your patience with me and hanging in there seeing this through. You guys amaze me with what you do. Gonna tweak a little more to try to use a different layer background from the bright metal to something darker. Surely that'll be a piece of cake now!!!
    -lsphoto.png

Having fun just making a random page with the fish tank and DB_GPS_V3 now.
    -photo.png

Thanks again guys!

Glad your sorted dude
    The Fish Tank is fun but it's ram heavy.
    Just wanted a fun toy for my kids to see
    Last edited by The_Durben; 09-06-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Fantastic, Durben!! Love your mini GPS as you know. To have it in a different 'flavor' now is just EXQUISITE! Thanks for the idea too, Pratt! Really nice match for EPHD theme.

So many iWidgets - so little time....

Nice! Can you share your clock icon (clockify or liveclock) ?

I bastardized Larke's Noki SB Widget and Durben's GPS Analog clock and here is the resulting iWidget. My 1st and possibly last attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    My too Thank You for the iWidget Version !!

Here a German Version ...
    Any idea where one could find the english version? Newdestinyx's version is for mac.
    Last edited by sand_man; 09-07-2012 at 03:49 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy88 View Post
    It's live clock. I posted it on MiOS thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,854 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post

Any idea where one could find the english version? Newdestinyx's version is for mac.
    What you mean for Mac ? Its for iPhone

Edit

Dude is this taller widget available to download?

The DL link isn't working. Is there a fix?

Okay Gang,
    Here's my first official offer as an apprentice modder. The original SB widget, called Glass Cazoobi was one of my very favorites. And long before I heard of an iWidget I dreamed of being able to use this widget and move it around at will. One of the veteran will remind me whose design this was. I think Cazoobi IS a master modder around these parts so all credit goes to him/her for original design and special thanks to Durben, AGAIN, for helping me find one problem that was holding me up. Like many of you I will probably tweak this one a few times but I thought I'm let you enjoy it now!

This is a very old SB widget in its original form. NON-GPS (yet! ). So you need to go to middle of the Widget.html code -- halfway down and look for:

<!--Change Weather Location here-->
    var locale = "your zipcode (19045) or international code (UNIX4325) here"
    Change to your American zipcode or your international ident code - save and respring

Enjoy!!!
    (I will eventually add options for a dark overlay on back of widget, Celsius and 24hour time)

Enjoy!!!
    Glass Cazoobi_iWidget
    Last edited by joshlogic; 09-06-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    I bastardized Larke's Noki SB Widget and Durben's GPS Analog clock and here is the resulting iWidget. My 1st and possibly last attempt.

I don't understand this request. All iWidgets being used here are all for iPhone's iOS.. Which is neither Mac nor PC. Please clarify exactly what it is you need.. The compression of the file on DropBox is .zip - which is both Mac and PC. Can't for the life of me figure out what it is you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexy88 View Post
    It's a LiveClock Winterboard theme mod by Durben. You need LiveClock (not Clockify) first - then Durben's Winterboard theme modification of it is in the MiOS thread. He might be able to help you find it.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

UNLOCKZ (09-06-2012)

I think it came with edgy theme, I looked thru my iwidget folder and it's no longer there and I removed all my WB themes so I'm think that is where it came from and sadly its paid theme so I can not share
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_V View Post
    I've been following several threads for a few months now en decided to make an account as well.
    I really like your setup Jima! Unfortunately I can not find the weather widget you have. I must have missed it. Can you hook me up?
    TIA!
    same thing bro.. sorry think came from edgy theme and it's paid theme so can not share,Now I could be wrong so if I come across it I will share if able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    Edit

Dude is this taller widget available to download?

The DL link isn't working. Is there a fix?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-11-2012), Marcus_V (09-07-2012)

The compression of the file on DropBox is .zip - which is both Mac and PC.
    My bad. Extracted it into a busy folder, could only see the _MACOSX folder.

I tried searching the thread but came up empty. I don't quite know what to do. I have a stuck iWidget (the little GPS weather icon from Drifter) that I moved out of the way to align another widget, and it is now in the lower left corner of my springboard. Problem is, it's in an area where if I tap, it goes back a page, and there is no way for me to grab it and reposition, or to close it. It's just stuck there out of position. Is there a position file I can edit with iFile to move it back up into a normal location? I even tried uninstalling iwidgets and reinstalling, but the previous layout is preserved.

Help! (Oh, and awesome job on the tweak!)

Whew....got it. finally found the one pixel that was grabbable in that position to pull it out (only took about 50 tries). But, still, the question remains...is there a way to remove or relocate a 'stuck' widget, should this happen in the future?
    Last edited by JordanCS; 09-07-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanCS View Post
    I tried searching the thread but came up empty. I don't quite know what to do. I have a stuck iWidget (the little GPS weather icon from Drifter) that I moved out of the way to align another widget, and it is now in the lower left corner of my springboard. Problem is, it's in an area where if I tap, it goes back a page, and there is no way for me to grab it and reposition, or to close it. It's just stuck there out of position. Is there a position file I can edit with iFile to move it back up into a normal location? I even tried uninstalling iwidgets and reinstalling, but the previous layout is preserved.

Help! (Oh, and awesome job on the tweak!)
    That happens to me too. What I do is actually turn the phone to where the dock is at the top, then press the x a few times til it closes. I know it's a weird solution but it helps. I got fat fingers and by turning it upside down my finger can actually hit the x instead of jumping pages.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-07-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks

Newdestinyx - would you mind sharing the status bar? Really like the metal banner thing. Here's my Lockscreen and I think it would be a good add to it. And if you also don't mind sharing, what's the proper and best way to mod a status bar?!?!?!? Thanks in advance!

-ls.png
    Last edited by donkeylarry; 09-07-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post

The DL link (for Glass Cazzobi_iWidget) isn't working. Is there a fix?
    It's been working for everyone else. This is the first I've heard of a problem. Were you able to get it eventually? Are you using the ModMyI app?

Thanks

I know most everyone on here find it hard to believe that I am able to program an alarm clock to wake myself up in the morning. And thank God it doesn't require "code" to make that happen. I have been amazed with what all of you can do to make these phones so customized. So with that said, I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to develop a widget like a "sports ticker" that would show scores for Major League Baseball, NFL etc. That's definitely something I would proudly display.

I don't even know if that's possible and I know I would get stuck at the point after spelling "widget", but just throwing that out there if anyone has the time, desire or thinks that would be cool too.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!

I know most everyone on here find it hard to believe that I am able to program an alarm clock to wake myself up in the morning. And thank God it doesn't require "code" to make that happen. I have been amazed with what all of you can do to make these phones so customized. So with that said, I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to develop a widget like a "sports ticker" that would show scores for Major League Baseball, NFL etc. That's definitely something I would proudly display.

I don't even know if that's possible and I know I would get stuck at the point after spelling "widget", but just throwing that out there if anyone has the time, desire or thinks that would be cool too.

You could probably do that with RSS feeds or something similar.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ss4adib For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (09-07-2012), The_Durben (09-07-2012)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

I have been playing with Chevey and Durben iWidget. And have got them married up perfectly IMO. See before and after.

I can share as long as Chevy and Durben don't mind. That is if anyone wants them lol
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-11-2012), The_Durben (09-07-2012)

Thanks

Okay Gang,
    Here's my first official offer as an apprentice modder. The original SB widget, called Glass Cazoobi was one of my very favorites. And long before I heard of an iWidget I dreamed of being able to use this widget and move it around at will. One of the veteran will remind me whose design this was. I think Cazoobi IS a master modder around these parts so all credit goes to him/her for original design and special thanks to Durben, AGAIN, for helping me find one problem that was holding me up. Like many of you I will probably tweak this one a few times but I thought I'm let you enjoy it now!

This is a very old SB widget in its original form. NON-GPS (yet! ). So you need to go to middle of the Widget.html code -- halfway down and look for:

<!--Change Weather Location here-->
    var locale = "your zipcode (19045) or international code (UNIX4325) here"
    Change to your American zipcode or your international ident code - save and respring

Enjoy!!!
    (I will eventually add options for a dark overlay on back of widget, Celsius and 24hour time)

Enjoy!!!
    Glass Cazoobi_iWidget
    Love the Look! Anyway you could share the Status Bar (metal banner)??? And if you have the time, what's the best way to add a new status bar to a particular theme?!?!?!? Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    That happens to me too. What I do is actually turn the phone to where the dock is at the top, then press the x a few times til it closes. I know it's a weird solution but it helps. I got fat fingers and by turning it upside down my finger can actually hit the x instead of jumping pages.
    You can always ifile/ssh to the iWidgets folder, rename the widget and Respring

Chevy has an RSS widget he could stick into a scroller and probably find a sports feed if he's up to it.
    Ask when you see him
    I could whip one up too but won't be til next week.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 09-07-2012 at 10:58 AM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

donkeylarry (09-07-2012), King_O_Hill (09-07-2012), The.Drifter (09-07-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    You can always ifile/ssh to the iWidgets folder, rename the widget and Respring
    That was my first assumption and I had that on my original reply, but wound up editing my post.
    The reason is, I thought Id better test it before I give advice.

Try this :

Load any iWidget on to your springboard.
    SSH and rename the iWidget.
    respring
    Yes the widget is no longer on the springboard. One would think its now gone.

Now SSH and rename the iWidget to its original name.
    respring
    This widget is back without having to re-add it and its still in the same position.

So the reason I edited my post was that by renaming and not removing the Widget from the springboard, somewhere the iwidget.dylib is storing info about which widgets are running and current position. My feeling was that this might lead to problems in the future. Im uncertain about it, so I didnt want to give that advice and cause any issues because of my assumptions. I maybe totally off base here, but didnt want to offer bad advice just incase.

For DashboardX, theres the ability to close any running Dashboard widget throught the setting menu. Perhaps, this feature might be implemented into iWidgets, I can see how it might be handy.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-07-2012)

Page 40 of 362 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 50 90 140 ... LastLast