Page 35 of 365 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 85 135 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Quote Originally Posted by jima6636 View Post
    yeah Buddy keep it up love all your iwidgets

Can someone make a widget with time date weather the size of stock icon ? (One that is easy changeable for theme preference) Please and thank you and if not it's cool cause ya all banging out some hot widgets.
    I did an analog clock and a GPS weather one in the MiOS thread. Both are icon sized.
    The icon in each is just a one layer image. Easy to change to another icon. For the weather you'd need a circle cut out in another icon to switch it. Can't remember the page right now.
    Here's the weather icon one
    http://db.tt/CYLBDLH4

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (09-03-2012), Dirtstep (09-03-2012), elilab (09-04-2012), IrobertI (01-19-2013), It's Mi (09-05-2012), jima6636 (09-03-2012), meth357 (11-23-2013), sand_man (09-05-2012), The.Drifter (09-03-2012), UNLOCKZ (09-03-2012), yakitori2009 (09-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Hello Everyone,

For those who liked my Seperable Weather iWidgets, I have added additional options to help you align your text based Seperable Weather iWidgets.

In addition to being able to select Font Style, color and size, you now have to options to Align your texts based on your personal setups preferences.

The new options include Left, Center and Right alignments.

This should eliminate having to move the iWidget anytime the text dynamically changes larger or smaller.

Heres a couple screenshots of what you will get with this package:

Download here: Drifters Separable Weather iWidgets V4 with Options.zip

I hope you like the new options

These particular iWidgets will only work with the "unstable" version of iWidgets.

Credits to Ian and Dacal for the UniAW source code I used to create the Weather based iWidgets
    ChevyMuscleCar for the Weather Icon sets.
    Durben, Schnedi and Gunny for showing great examples of how to code the options.plist
    Schnedi for the original source code for the Text based clock.

Finally Eldwin for his work in creating this wonderful iWidget interface.

Thanks everybody for your support, suggestions and positive feedback
    Excellent, Drifter!! Thanks so much!! Love these now!.. I think you misunderstood ONE aspect of my input.

I didn't suggest you 'increase' the width positioning in the .css of the element and in the Widget.plist - but rather 'decrease' them both. Even given all the variables possible now- in the end - an iWidget takes up a 'smaller' footprint than a FULL screen width - or it should - in most cases. Right now with your #desc width in the .css and the overall width in the widget.plist set to 320px - if I even move a right aligned instance of the iWidget -- the tiniest bit to the left -- the little 'x' disappears for deleting the iWidget.

From what Durben and others have taught me about iWidget conversion you want your width and height setting in the widget.plist to be the smallest 'reasonable' amount to encase your widget and allow for the furthest stretch of any text element or image. So - in the case of a weather Description - the longest possible one says: Light Rain with Thunder (I think). Even at the largest Font Size you offer in options, that's no wider than about 250 pixels. It's certainly not 320px. And 'Rain' or 'Wind' or Fair', even at your largest font, are all less than 100px. So my suggestion was to set the widths 'smaller' not larger.

I've recoded your recent widget.plist to width:225 - and that always allows me to see an 'x' for deletion and the widget never moves to the next screen.

For those of you learning to code -- when it comes to working with 'horizontal alignment' you'll also need to change the width specification in the .css too so that the widget.plist width doesn't override what's specified in the .css.

In the .css (or .html) of the Weather Description iWidget
    #desc = width: 225;

In the widget.plist
    width: 225

I hope my explanation's clearer now, Drifter. Thanks for all your work, dude!!

Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 09-03-2012 at 07:09 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (09-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Excellent, Drifter!! Thanks so much!! Love these now!.. I think you misunderstood ONE aspect of my input. I didn't suggest you 'increase' the width of the Widget.plist - but rather 'decrease' it. Even give all the variables - in the end an iWidget takes up a 'smaller' footprint than a FULL screen width - or it should - in most cases. Right now with your widget.plist set to 320px for width - if I even move the right align the tiniest bit to the left -- the little 'x' disappear for deleting the iWidget. From what Durben and others have taught me about iWidget conversion you want your Width and height setting in the .plist to be the smallest 'reasonable' amount to encase your widget and allow for the furthest stretch of any text element or image. So - in the case of your Description - the longest possible one says: Light Rain with Thunder (I think). Even at the largest Font Size you offer in option that's no wider than about 250 pixels. It's certainly not 320px. And 'Rain' or 'Wind' or Fair', even at your largest font, are all less than 100px. So my suggestion was to make them 'smaller' not larger. I've recoded your recent widget.plist to width:225 - and that always allows me to see an 'x' for deletion and the widget never moves to the next screen.

I hope that's clearer now. Thanks for all your work, dude!!

Grant
    Thanks, glad you like the new option.
    You can always slide the widget right to access the "X" before you delete it. (one simple move)
    However, It's a easy change for you to mod if you don't like the current width.
    In the next version, I will reduce the widget.plist and HTML widths some.

Remember that if you change the widget.plists width and right justify the text, you may see the text cut off if it's not the same as in the HTML. You will also have to change the width in the HTML to match to eliminate that possibility.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (09-03-2012)

in your post says clock removed because wrong icon and will fix tomorrow! think tomorrow passed while ago just playing but if ya find it could ya shoot me link please and thank you.still like to see one with them all combined if that's possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I did an analog clock and a GPS weather one in the MiOS thread. Both are icon sized.
    The icon in each is just a one layer image. Easy to change to another icon. For the weather you'd need a circle cut out in another icon to switch it. Can't remember the page right now.
    Here's the weather icon one
    http://db.tt/CYLBDLH4

Remember that if you change the widget.plists width and right justify the text, you may see the text cut off if it's not the same as in the HTML. You will also have to change the width in the HTML to match to eliminate that possibility.
    Yes, I know. I was writing too quickly. You'll see my post is updated now to point that out. You must have been responding as I was editing my post.. :-)

Thanks again!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (09-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes, I know. I was writing too quickly. You'll see my post is updated now to point that out. You must have been responding as I was editing my post.. :-)

Thanks again!
    Thanks for the feedback to make these Seperable iWidgets the best they can be

So in light of recent posts I have updated the original post to V4.1 to adjust the widths some (280px) for select widgets so the "x" is visible on screen when you tap to close it, also removed the vertical-align codes (to eliminate confusion) because they were from coding trials to do a vertical alignment, but I found a different solution, so it redundant and not needed now.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-03-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jima6636 View Post
    in your post says clock removed because wrong icon and will fix tomorrow! think tomorrow passed while ago just playing but if ya find it could ya shoot me link please and thank you.still like to see one with them all combined if that's possible.
    I'll DM you it on twitter. It has the clockify icon from MiOS as the BG. I pulled it because I can't find the one I made and deleted it from the theme somehow. Just haven't made another one yet.

I won't combine them though, icon size is far too small to display any info as it is. Think I was pushing it with the weather icon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

jima6636 (09-03-2012)

Hello Everyone,

For those who liked my Seperable Weather iWidgets, I have added additional options to help you align your text based Seperable Weather iWidgets.

In addition to being able to select Font Style, color and size, you now have to options to Align your texts based on your personal setups preferences.

The new options include Left, Center and Right alignments.

This should eliminate having to move the iWidget anytime the text dynamically changes larger or smaller.

Heres a couple screenshots of what you will get with this package:

Attachment 609940

Attachment 609941

Download here: Drifters Separable Weather iWidgets V4 with Options.zip

I hope you like the new options

These particular iWidgets will only work with the "unstable" version of iWidgets.

Credits to Ian and Dacal for the UniAW source code I used to create the Weather based iWidgets
    ChevyMuscleCar for the Weather Icon sets.
    Durben, Schnedi and Gunny for showing great examples of how to code the options.plist
    Schnedi for the original source code for the Text based clock.

Finally Eldwin for his work in creating this wonderful iWidget interface.

Thanks everybody for your support, suggestions and positive feedback
    Hey Drifter, I love your iwidgets. You just keep making them better and better.

I was wondering if it was possible to make one that shows location?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirtstep For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (09-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstep View Post
    Hey Drifter, I love your iwidgets. You just keep making them better and better.

I was wondering if it was possible to make one that shows location?
    Yes, its possible, I will try to work on it in the near future

Can't download your last widget... Link broken
    IOS Theme Designer - Follow me @Dark2Naruto78

Excuse my English, I'm French

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dark2naruto For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (09-03-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by dark2naruto View Post
    Can't download your last widget... Link broken
    Fixed, made some minor adjustments and uploaded V4.1.
    I updated my last release post to reflect the new links.

I had to clean house at mediafire because there were too many versions and only wanted to keep the latest version active.

Heres the new link: Drifters Seperable Weather iWidgets V4.1 with Options.zip
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-03-2012 at 09:03 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (09-05-2012)

A User Pic/touch for GPS Weather widget with Options
    Thanks Dacal as always for the scriptwork.

Has 7 different Overlays to choose. Can be used as a woeid weather widget if you don't use GPS. Add your zip to the Config.js.
    Uses the LockBackground Thumbnail so set you picture through Photos App and set as Lockscreen. This way you can use the jpegifier tweak for another widget/image

Options

Download: DB_GPS_Round_Touch_Options.rar

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

blkmini (09-03-2012), chevymusclecar (09-03-2012), daniii (09-14-2012), dapes (09-06-2012), Dirtstep (09-03-2012), elilab (09-04-2012), Hip5 (09-11-2012), IrobertI (01-19-2013), It's Mi (09-05-2012), jima6636 (09-04-2012), phil73 (09-04-2012), ruedi04 (09-04-2012), sand_man (09-05-2012), The.Drifter (09-03-2012), thesilentone (10-01-2012), Toproaster (09-04-2012)

Yes, its possible, I will try to work on it in the near future
    Thanks, I look forward to it.

Good morning...;-)

I install the iWidgets tweak from the repo of first page but nothing change ...I make something wrong..?I didn't see any icon on my homescreen or in settings

Find blank spot on homescreen and touch and hold till pop up screen..
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBoy View Post
    Good morning...;-)

I install the iWidgets tweak from the repo of first page but nothing change ...I make something wrong..?I didn't see any icon on my homescreen or in settings

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jima6636 For This Useful Post:

DarkBoy (09-04-2012), Hip5 (09-11-2012)

@The_Durben

Looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
    -------
    iPhone 5S, iOS 7.1.2 jb
    iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1 jb

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ruedi04 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (09-04-2012)

This is my problem i didn't find any blank spot on home screen ...

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

This is my problem i didn't find any blank spot on home screen ...
    Move one icon to another page
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

DarkBoy (09-04-2012)

Nothing change ...I don't understand....

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Nothing change ...I don't understand....
    If you moved an icon to page two. Go to where that icon was or go to page two. And press and hold where you have NO icon and the iWidget list will come up
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

DarkBoy (09-04-2012)

Page 35 of 365 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 85 135 ... LastLast