Page 298 of 365 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288296297298299300 308 348 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

My iPhone is a Part of Me Iphone ie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,165 Times in 669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3shJ1v3 View Post
    Which widget is that?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    I deliberately just quoted the last sentence, because that statement goes completely against why I jailbreak my iPhone. OK, let me explain my point of view. I jailbreak because I like freedom, freedom to choose, to choose what I want, where I want it and how I want it.
    Apple gives me plenty of options, but not the freedom of choice, only the JB can do that.
    Now, your statement, Grant, goes totally against this principle (freedom to choose).
    "You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine."
    There are other ways to get weather info, apart from WW. It basically comes down to the GPS coordinates, all the rest (weather info etc) can be picked up from whatever weather service you want. Winterboard and iWidgets do not run geolocation javascript to get these GPS coordinates themself, so they have to rely on third parties to get them. There is WW, myLocation, GPS-Web-Server (myLocation.txt file in Documents folder) works on 4S and 7.0.4 - don't have 64bit device, so can not test, GPS through geolocation javascript in webclips stored in database (also works on 7.0.4), geolocation javascript in cydget (not 7.0.4 compatible yet) stores GPS data in database available to other widgets etc.
    You see, Grant, THIS is choice, this is freedom ... and that is what I like.
    LOL!! Yes, Ras - you make clear your philosophy on all this in your signature. You love going to GREAT lengths to have your phone do what you want it to do. Our philosophies are very similar and my entire Newd Ultimate Location iWidget is based on a combo of WW and Google's free API that YOU taught me how to use. It has SO much more info to offer. I also incorporate WeatherUnderGround as an option. So as they say, "You're preaching to the choir".

But the vast majority of people here don't even understand a word of your post there. And Sital asked me a very simple question to which I gave a very simple answer that would make his phone work PRECISELY as he wanted it to. . That's why I gave the 'simplistic' answer I did. People want simple, my esteemed colleague. BUT "I" want ALL your best ideas, my friend!!! June'sIphone is also experimenting with server-based data retrieval for weather that uses a completely different weather server than any that you've used in past. Love the innovation that's happening now.

EDIT:
    Found this a few days ago on 7.0.4. Use iFile and go to /var/mobile/Library/Cache/com.apple.routined/ and open cache-encryptedB.db. There you go, a database provided by Apple with GPS coordinates. Mine has 115 counts atm.
    WOW!!! Nice find!! Is this something we can Parse data from easily?? As much as I enjoy the WidgetWeather engine - I've concluded that I will never be satisfied until I can tap into a 'CONTINUOUS' GPS stream of data - that will send data to my widgets at any interval I choose. No matter how I tightly or widely I set the 'aperture' in WW, with its new switches - it's not updating the XML fast enough for the widgets I want to employ. But like you, I'm an experimenter and a forward thinker and never satisfied with any current tool. For the vast majority of people here WW will give them everything they want in terms of the simple coordinates (and much more with all the weather data that comes right from the Yahoo heed to Weather.app). But Yahoo still sucks for me, in terms of precise location data. WU and Google are still way better. WU is flawed in that ALL it contains, for political boundaries, is 'city'. No other data - no county, no neighborhoods -- nothing but a main city. Google gives MUCH more -- but its output data formats are nearly impossible to parse consistently formatted data from. May I 'please' be added to your contacts list for PM? I promise I won't spam you.

EDITED.. Just looked at the cache-encrypteddB.db file. Nice find! But a one decimal place (40.1. -75.3) level of accuracy isn't enough for precise locating - do you think?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-14-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-14-2014), rasputin007 (01-15-2014)

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-15-2014), Fr3shJ1v3 (01-14-2014), Hip5 (01-14-2014), Iphone ie (01-15-2014), It's Mi (01-23-2014), King_O_Hill (01-14-2014), meth357 (01-26-2014)

ImageUploadedByModMyi1389739315.015767.jpg

Was wondering if anybody knows how to transform the above image to have a blur effect like IOS 7? Any help is appreciated. Note just the grey block should end up transparent and blurred, all the white is transparent when viewed in a photo editor.
    Last edited by Jesus™; 01-14-2014 at 04:46 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    That would be "cmc_ultimate_sb_bottom" iWidget by chevymusclecar. Work of art!

chevymusclecar - The Ultimate Edition Mods
    It is my favorite one out there! I had RK help me add a couple things to it in the options.

I wanted to have the pressure reading and the icon in the middle like this. I have to adjust the position of the icon though.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1389741854.084508.jpg
    Last edited by Fr3shJ1v3; 01-14-2014 at 05:24 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fr3shJ1v3 For This Useful Post:

Marty McFly (01-14-2014), RKO1195 (01-15-2014)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you for all the help, I have 2 last (hopefully) questions:
    Should I delete the iWidget Trapper file that I downloaded from Cydia since I installed the beta or do they both need to be present on my device?

In this beta version can I set multiple hotspots and manual sections?
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks
    Thanked 21,643 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azjonnyg View Post
    I've been thinking about this too. Ian are you familiar with phonegap? It's supposed to be used for making native apps out of html js and css and essentially "wraps" it in Xcode etc for varying platforms. I wonder if someone was to create a tweak and have it run "natively" via phonegap, if we could harness ios7's ui features exclusive to Xcode as well as run uniaw in any format we choose, like a regular ios setting. I haven't even began researching to see if this is just a fools errand or actually something that could work. Sorry to jump in and kinda ramble OT...
    No I had never heard of this, thanks for the info, going to do some googling on it later today.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The primary use, Eldwin, is to enable weather walls and timed walls (that change at specified time intervals) to be behind the icons - not covering them up.

Can you please give me the link for the uniaw animations only?

LOL!! Yes, Ras - you make clear your philosophy on all this in your signature. You love going to GREAT lengths to have your phone do what you want it to do. Our philosophies are very similar and my entire Newd Ultimate Location iWidget is based on a combo of WW and Google's free API that YOU taught me how to use. It has SO much more info to offer. I also incorporate WeatherUnderGround as an option. So as they say, "You're preaching to the choir".

But the vast majority of people here don't even understand a word of your post there. And Sital asked me a very simple question to which I gave a very simple answer that would make his phone work PRECISELY as he wanted it to. . That's why I gave the 'simplistic' answer I did. People want simple, my esteemed colleague. BUT "I" want ALL your best ideas, my friend!!! June'sIphone is also experimenting with server-based data retrieval for weather that uses a completely different weather server than any that you've used in past. Love the innovation that's happening now.

WOW!!! Nice find!! Is this something we can Parse data from easily?? As much as I enjoy the WidgetWeather engine - I've concluded that I will never be satisfied until I can tap into a 'CONTINUOUS' GPS stream of data - that will send data to my widgets at any interval I choose. No matter how I tightly or widely I set the 'aperture' in WW, with its new switches - it's not updating the XML fast enough for the widgets I want to employ. But like you, I'm an experimenter and a forward thinker and never satisfied with any current tool. For the vast majority of people here WW will give them everything they want in terms of the simple coordinates (and much more with all the weather data that comes right from the Yahoo heed to Weather.app). But Yahoo still sucks for me, in terms of precise location data. WU and Google are still way better. WU is flawed in that ALL it contains, for political boundaries, is 'city'. No other data - no county, no neighborhoods -- nothing but a main city. Google gives MUCH more -- but its output data formats are nearly impossible to parse consistently formatted data from.
    If you take words out of context it can distort their meaning. I am guilty of that, sorry Grant.
    The iPhone Web Server has an enormous potential. Way back I made a WB theme called "Hour by Hour". That made use of the web server with html, php and shell scripts. I could fetch any weather page you could find on your computer, extract the interesting bits and display them the way I wanted them. But there was no interest in that, so hope June will have more luck.
    May I 'please' be added to your contacts list for PM? I promise I won't spam you.
    Actually it has been an open system for month now.
    EDITED.. Just looked at the cache-encrypteddB.db file. Nice find! But a one decimal place (40.1. -75.3) level of accuracy isn't enough for precise locating - do you think?
    It looks like just one decimal in iFile, but download that db file and open it on your computer. You might see that there are more then one decimal number. (Have not tried it on this file, but know that from other GPS database - iFile only shows 1 decimal even if there are more)
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Bacardi85 (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-15-2014)

Anyone know every time I select a iwidget my device crashes?? Thanks in advance 😄

Is it when u hit add.

It's when I delete one or move one about it just crashes ...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    Is it when u hit add.
    Soon as I add it crashes..

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

Which theme and icons are these? Thanks!

Also does anybody know the name of this color keyboard addon?

Last edited by tamakin; 01-15-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,886 Times in 1,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P0R7ER View Post
    Soon as I add it crashes..
    Forgot to mention, its not all the time it crashes.

Thanks to the Generous people on these threads. if it wasn't for you, then my iPhone would be naked

Livin the iPhone Life Fr3shJ1v3's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tamakin View Post

Jaku

Thank you! Do u happen to know the color keyboard theme name?

For Jaku, just checked Cydia and guess its now only for iOS 7.. I'm on 6.1...
    Last edited by tamakin; 01-15-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamakin View Post

Also does anybody know the name of this color keyboard addon?

hmmm color keyboard looks very "zui"-esque, but maybe newer could be elite6, not sure

Big shout out to Durben and paulebh0y for their help, thanks dudes (@Zan_MaNe) 👈Twitter

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inzane For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (01-23-2014), The_Durben (01-15-2014)

help!!!
    can someone tell me what is the name of this widget??
    איזה WIDGET זה? - FXP

Page 298 of 365 FirstFirst ... 198 248 288296297298299300 308 348 ... LastLast