Page 297 of 365 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287295296297298299 307 347 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Quote Originally Posted by metallynx View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I've installed the iWidgets and iMinions pack, however whenever I follow the instructions in the first post to bring up iWidgets, I get nothing.

Can anyone confirm to me how to get iWidgets up?
    Do you have Infiniboard installed? It is incompatible with iWidgets. You'll have to uninstall Infiniboard for iWidgets long-press to work.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, in my repo, that is in my sig if you need it.

First, you need to turn user interaction off.

Then you need to get iWidgetTapper from Cydia.
    Thank you
    I didn't think tapper was updated for a iPh5s on iPS 7.0.4.
    Am I wrong or did I misread that somewhere?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Thank you
    I didn't think tapper was updated for a iPh5s on iPS 7.0.4.
    Am I wrong or did I misread that somewhere?

Thanks
    Its in beta at the moment, you can manually install from: iWidgetTapper Beta for iOS 7 | SD Dev Studio

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SDDev For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-14-2014), King_O_Hill (01-14-2014), NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014), Simon (01-14-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDDev View Post
    Its in beta at the moment, you can manually install from: iWidgetTapper Beta for iOS 7 | SD Dev Studio

Ok I downloaded it and chose to open it in iFile.
    I double tapped the file which I thought would install it but I noticed no change.
    At the end of the install script it says:
    Finished with Result Code: 0

Do I need another app to install a deb file or am I wrong?

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to n0m0n For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Ok I downloaded it and chose to open it in iFile.
    I double tapped the file which I thought would install it but I noticed no change.
    At the end of the install script it says Done 0.

Do I need another app to install a deb file or am I wrong?

Thanks
    Reboot, add a widget, disable user interaction, enter edit mode (make your icons wiggle) and configure.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDDev For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), Simon (01-14-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

Reboot, add a widget, disable user interaction, enter edit mode (make your icons wiggle) and configure.
    Working well on my 5s. Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-14-2014)

Thanks

Ok thank you
    Last edited by n0m0n; 01-14-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,958 Times in 927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Try turning on GPS as well. It will use more battery though.
    If that doesn't help try resetting your network settings on phone.
    Thanks. I've tried turning GPS on and then opening a new widget, but that didn't work. I'll try resetting my network settings next chance I get. It's not a huge issue, it just bugs me.

@NewdestinyX: I saw from another thread that you had the same problem. Did you ever resolve it, other than having to re-open MyLocation each time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    Thanks. I've tried turning GPS on and then opening a new widget, but that didn't work. I'll try resetting my network settings next chance I get. It's not a huge issue, it just bugs me.

@NewdestinyX: I saw from another thread that you had the same problem. Did you ever resolve it, other than having to re-open MyLocation each time?
    Nobody running myLocation on a 5S on iOS7 has it working, Sital. It's not been rewritten for ARM64 yet. So 5S, iPadMini Retina and iPad Air won't be able to have auto update in myLocation-based widgets without setting the switches to GPS and SIG CHANGE and launching the app. There is no fix now. And I'm concerned we may not get one. WidgetWeather is a better choice all around, in my view. You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Nobody running myLocation on a 5S on iOS7 has it working, Sital. It's not been rewritten for ARM64 yet. So 5S, iPadMini Retina and iPad Air won't be able to have auto update in myLocation-based widgets without setting the switches to GPS and SIG CHANGE and launching the app. There is no fix now. And I'm concerned we may not get one. WidgetWeather is a better choice all around, in my view. You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine.
    The thing is I'm on a 5 (7.0.4), not a 5S. I have WW installed too, but obviously the widget I'm using must not be written for it.

We are in the process of having WW output a txt file with the same info as the MyLocation app. That way there will be no reason to have both tweaks installed, WW will do it all!

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-14-2014), Ian Nicoll (01-14-2014), meth357 (01-14-2014), NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014), sethbossfan (01-14-2014), Sital (01-14-2014), TaJr12 (01-14-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014), z06gal (01-14-2014)

Thanks

We are in the process of having WW output a txt file with the same info as the MyLocation app. That way there will be no reason to have both tweaks installed, WW will do it all!
    I wish I could thank a post more than once!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sital For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-14-2014), King_O_Hill (01-14-2014)

What a HUGELY AWESOME idea!!!!!! Well done WW team!

Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    The thing is I'm on a 5 (7.0.4), not a 5S. I have WW installed too, but obviously the widget I'm using must not be written for it.
    Ah.. I didn't realize non-A7 devices were also experiencing sticking problems w/MyLocation on iOS 7.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (01-14-2014), King_O_Hill (01-14-2014)

Simple one from DB for me :

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (01-15-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine.
    WHY???
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

OK, here we go folks! Still a TON of work to do on this one but I got the basics going so I thought I'd post.

This is an Ezra themed Widget Weather UniAW6 iWidget. Credit to Kai312 for the original SB theme.

-photo.png

Outside of the stock UniAW iWidget, I haven't seen too many UniAW iWidget mods! I know Chevy is testing an AWESOME new UniAW iWidget that's myLocation based I believe.

I think this could be one of the only Widget Weather UniAW iWidget mods though? I would love to see any others if they are out there somewhere!

I will share this one as soon as it's done but not a whole lot of time ATM. Take care all!

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (01-15-2014), Darrenrooster (01-15-2014), It's Mi (01-22-2014), j0k3r (01-14-2014), joshlogic (01-14-2014), King_O_Hill (01-14-2014), NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), nik1975 (01-14-2014), Noobiusmaximus (01-14-2014), pioneer88 (01-22-2014), sethbossfan (01-14-2014), The.Drifter (01-18-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin007 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sital
    Nobody running myLocation on a 5S on iOS7 has it working, Sital. It's not been rewritten for ARM64 yet. WidgetWeather is a better choice all around, in my view. You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine.
    WHY???
    You left a GIANT chunk of context out of your reply there, Ras.. LOL!! What I was referring to with Sital was the idea, that if he's running an iWidget written for the WW engine, he'd obviously have to use WW as the engine. Not everyone is as gifted a coder as you are and knows about alternate JSON options as you do, bro. .. Am I missing your point?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-14-2014)

Thanks

This is an iwidget I've been working on. It includes a dynamic RSS feed with images and fading animation as it cycles. I grabbed the .js code from the RSS feed fetcher/tickers floating around.

Problem/Question: When I touch the feed, the link opens up in an In App Browser, like a web view. This is what I'm after (link opening up in a web page), however this InAppBrowser has no "Done" button to exit the web view and return back to the iwidget, so the web browser remains open until I remove the iwidget, or respring.

What I would like to do is have the link open in the Safari browser (or even the ability to add a "Done" button to the InAppBrowser to exit)...is this possible? Seems like I have to make changes to the jquery rssfeed (tried changing around the linktarget) ...but just can't figure it out. My first widget and leaning as I go...hoping one of the many talents here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

-widget.png-inappbrowser.png

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtglo For This Useful Post:

boywonder34 (01-15-2014), It's Mi (01-23-2014), Marty McFly (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
    This is an iwidget I've been working on. It includes a dynamic RSS feed with images and fading animation as it cycles. I grabbed the .js code from the RSS feed fetcher/tickers floating around.

Problem/Question: When I touch the feed, the link opens up in an In App Browser, like a web view. This is what I'm after (link opening up in a web page), however this InAppBrowser has no "Done" button to exit the web view and return back to the iwidget, so the web browser remains open until I remove the iwidget, or respring.

What I would like to do is have the link open in the Safari browser (or even the ability to add a "Done" button to the InAppBrowser to exit)...is this possible? Seems like I have to make changes to the jquery rssfeed (tried changing around the linktarget) ...but just can't figure it out. My first widget and leaning as I go...hoping one of the many talents here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

-widget.png-inappbrowser.png
    Unfortunately I can't help with your question, but I did want to say VERY nice work!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Gold For This Useful Post:

boywonder34 (01-15-2014), mtglo (01-14-2014)

You left a GIANT chunk of context out of your reply there, Ras.. LOL!! What I was referring to with Sital was the idea, that if he's running an iWidget written for the WW engine, he'd obviously have to use WW as the engine. Not everyone is as gifted a coder as you are and knows about alternate JSON options as you do, bro. .. Am I missing your point?
    I deliberately just quoted the last sentence, because that statement goes completely against why I jailbreak my iPhone. OK, let me explain my point of view. I jailbreak because I like freedom, freedom to choose, to choose what I want, where I want it and how I want it.
    Apple gives me plenty of options, but not the freedom of choice, only the JB can do that.
    Now, your statement, Grant, goes totally against this principle (freedom to choose).
    "You just need to make sure the iWidgets you are using are written for the WidgetWeather engine."
    There are other ways to get weather info, apart from WW. It basically comes down to the GPS coordinates, all the rest (weather info etc) can be picked up from whatever weather service you want. Winterboard and iWidgets do not run geolocation javascript to get these GPS coordinates themself, so they have to rely on third parties to get them. There is WW, myLocation, GPS-Web-Server (myLocation.txt file in Documents folder) works on 4S and 7.0.4 - don't have 64bit device, so can not test, GPS through geolocation javascript in webclips stored in database (also works on 7.0.4), geolocation javascript in cydget (not 7.0.4 compatible yet) stores GPS data in database available to other widgets etc.
    You see, Grant, THIS is choice, this is freedom ... and that is what I like.

EDIT:
    Found this a few days ago on 7.0.4. Use iFile and go to /var/mobile/Library/Cache/com.apple.routined/ and open cache-encryptedB.db. There you go, a database provided by Apple with GPS coordinates. Mine has 115 counts atm.

Quote Originally Posted by mtglo View Post

Thanks!!
    Sounds just like the problem I had, see this. Sadly I never found a solution to the problem, but then I never looked very hard.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 01-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    Nothing is impossible only miracles take a bit longer!

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Ian Nicoll (01-14-2014), It's Mi (01-23-2014), mtglo (01-14-2014), NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), RKO1195 (01-15-2014), The.Drifter (01-14-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

Page 297 of 365 FirstFirst ... 197 247 287295296297298299 307 347 ... LastLast