+ Reply
Page 296 of 353 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286294295296297298 306 346 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 7058

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by TheBigKing My location it's working on iOS 7 or not ? All devices but A7 (5S, ipad mini retina, etc).
...
  1. #5901
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
    My location it's working on iOS 7 or not ?
    All devices but A7 (5S, ipad mini retina, etc).
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  2. #5902
    Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    South Beach, Miami
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    3,042
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 563 Posts

    Can anyone share the repo to mylocation please.

  3. #5903
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,718
    Thanks
    2,496
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pnunez1310 View Post
    Can anyone share the repo to mylocation please.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but try reading. It has been shared in this thread about 10-12 times now.

    Here:

    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    You need myLocation for that widget, here's the app on my repo
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/RKO1195/
    Last edited by Carvensno; 01-13-2014 at 04:50 PM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carvensno For This Useful Post:

    pnunez1310 (01-13-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014)

  5. #5904
    Developer eldwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 566 Times in 73 Posts

    @Durben:
    Thank you so much for the shoutout on twitter. I hope your work is selling well and the situation has improved for you and your family!

    @King:
    Don't worry. Added it to my TODOs since Ian mentioned the problem.

    @Ian:
    Though I did start off using the short snippet Wynd shared, I only took something like 10 lines from it. It was more of the idea that is based on PPH, the code is rather different. Behind icons is doable but requires some work. I'll put it in the list if there are good use cases for it. Anything you guys would like to do with this in particular?

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eldwin For This Useful Post:

    Hip5 (01-14-2014), Ian Nicoll (01-13-2014), King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014), Simon (01-13-2014), The_Durben (01-13-2014)

  7. #5905
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eldwin View Post
    @Ian:
    Though I did start off using the short snippet Wynd shared, I only took something like 10 lines from it. It was more of the idea that is based on PPH, the code is rather different. Behind icons is doable but requires some work. I'll put it in the list if there are good use cases for it. Anything you guys would like to do with this in particular?
    The primary use, Eldwin, is to enable weather walls and timed walls (that change at specified time intervals) to be behind the icons - not covering them up.

    Though I'm a guy that's always all for more options in a tweak… The simple truth is that when Saurik is able to allow HTML back on the springboard and lockscreen, most of us will have this walls-behind-icons option back again in the way that we're used to working with it and theming for.

    But I don't speak for the group. That's just my thoughts. Having the switch for -20 pixels lock on first instantiation of an iWidget is a higher priority on my list.

    Thanks Eldwin for staying attentive to our needs. Without your tweak I could never accomplish this:

    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-13-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), metaserph (01-13-2014), The_Durben (01-13-2014)

  9. #5906
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,459
    Thanks
    3,713
    Thanked 9,630 Times in 5,903 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but try reading. It has been shared in this thread about 10-12 times now.
    Perhaps the first post in the thread should be updated, would make it easier for many. Jus' sayin'

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    chevymusclecar (01-15-2014), King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), metaserph (01-13-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014), The_Durben (01-13-2014), zplit (01-14-2014)

  11. #5907
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,718
    Thanks
    2,496
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Perhaps the first post in the thread should be updated, would make it easier for many. Jus' sayin'
    That's a very good idea blkcadi

  12. #5908
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, in my repo, that is in my sig if you need it.



    First, you need to turn user interaction off.

    Then you need to get iWidgetTapper from Cydia.
    Think that widget is also calling for a user wallpaper that may not be in iOS 7
    Pretty sure I used the thumbnail though.

    If he means anything else, like with tapper ect I'm not sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Perhaps the first post in the thread should be updated, would make it easier for many. Jus' sayin'
    MyLocation is from another thread.
    Why would it get updated on this one for the first post?

    Plus since crazyvivek made it, bushe was the one to update it for iOS 6

    This is iWidgets and even though some are written to use MyLocation it doesn't belong on eldwins first post.

    My $0.02
    Last edited by The_Durben; 01-13-2014 at 05:37 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), s22lane (01-14-2014)

  14. #5909
    Livin the iPhone Life pnunez1310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    South Beach, Miami
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    3,042
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 563 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but try reading. It has been shared in this thread about 10-12 times now.

    Here:
    None taken my man! Once again folks I'm sorry for asking questions that has been posted. You can say I'm late to the party

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to pnunez1310 For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (01-13-2014)

  16. #5910
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,459
    Thanks
    3,713
    Thanked 9,630 Times in 5,903 Posts

    ^^ good enough, but then when someone asks for a link or repo, perhaps not responding with "it's been posted many times, go fish". If you what members to participate, it would be easier then 'hide and seek'.

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    Carvensno (01-13-2014), King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), NewdestinyX (01-13-2014), The_Durben (01-13-2014)

  18. #5911
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ^^ good enough, but then when someone asks for a link or repo, perhaps not responding with "it's been posted many times, go fish". If you what members to participate, it would be easier then 'hide and seek'.
    iWidgets the majority use either myLocation or Widget Weather as their engine for data. I think it is completely appropriate for it to be on the first page of this post. It's asked for SO many time in this thread. A reference to myLocation AND Widget Weather should be in post 1 in my opinion.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    blkcadi (01-13-2014), King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), mcooper (01-13-2014)

  20. #5912
    Super Duper Moderator blkcadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    30,459
    Thanks
    3,713
    Thanked 9,630 Times in 5,903 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    iWidgets the majority use either myLocation or Widget Weather as their engine for data. I think it is completely appropriate for it to be on the first page of this post. It's asked for SO many time in this thread. A reference to myLocation AND Widget Weather should be in post 1 in my opinion.
    Agree, I myself have had to hunt for links/repos when not joining the party/thread in it's inception. As it develops into many things it's hard to keep track of what's going on.
    Walking into this and other threads as a n00b to it, you have perhaps 2 choices, read 100's/1000's of posts or ask a question.
    Why not make it easier to navigate or maybe start a entirely new thread. Doe-no...........
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-13-2014 at 06:10 PM.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), The_Durben (01-13-2014)

  22. #5913
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

    You're asking eldwin to post a tweak he didn't make on his thread.
    I guess if I have to explain this again, you don't see what I see is wrong with that.

    I do agree it should be easier to find but not here.
    He will end up with support emails/PMs ect
    Bad idea IMO
    Last edited by The_Durben; 01-13-2014 at 07:26 PM.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), s22lane (01-14-2014)

  24. #5914
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Sital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    979
    Thanks
    541
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 752 Posts

    Since we're kind of on the topic of MyLocation, I'm having a problem with it that hopefully someone can help me with. I installed it, rebooted, and have just sig. change on. The problem is it's not updating my location on my weather widgets. The weather updates fine, but it is not detecting my location as I travel. Sometimes closing and reopening MyLocation works, sometimes it doesn't. I used it on iOS 6 with no issues, but can't seem to get it to function properly on iOS 7 (iPhone 5 on 7.0.4). Any thoughts?

  25. #5915
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    You're asking eldwin to post a tweak he didn't make on his thread.
    I guess if I have to explain this again, you don't see what I see is wrong with that.

    I do agree it should be easier to find but not here.
    He will end up with support emails/PMs ect
    Bad idea IMO
    Then simply have a link to the WidgetWeather engine and myLocation engine threads in post 1. That would be a compromise. Something needs to be done, D.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (01-13-2014)

  27. #5916
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Then simply have a link to the WidgetWeather engine and myLocation engine threads in post 1. That would be a compromise. Something needs to be done, D.
    Personally I don't care. I don't even MyLocation installed.
    In regards to that app/tweak I don't think that's fair to stick on another developer when the original hasn't been around for support for ages. Bushe code signed it last time. This time it's a bit more work I would think and it's not even his app either.

    And WidgetWeather doesn't need to be linked anywhere.
    It's on Cydia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sital View Post
    Since we're kind of on the topic of MyLocation, I'm having a problem with it that hopefully someone can help me with. I installed it, rebooted, and have just sig. change on. The problem is it's not updating my location on my weather widgets. The weather updates fine, but it is not detecting my location as I travel. Sometimes closing and reopening MyLocation works, sometimes it doesn't. I used it on iOS 6 with no issues, but can't seem to get it to function properly on iOS 7 (iPhone 5 on 7.0.4). Any thoughts?

    Try turning on GPS as well. It will use more battery though.
    If that doesn't help try resetting your network settings on phone.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 01-13-2014 at 08:32 PM.

  28. #5917
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines.
    Posts
    4,914
    Thanks
    7,535
    Thanked 19,054 Times in 3,878 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eldwin View Post
    @Ian:
    Though I did start off using the short snippet Wynd shared, I only took something like 10 lines from it. It was more of the idea that is based on PPH, the code is rather different. Behind icons is doable but requires some work. I'll put it in the list if there are good use cases for it. Anything you guys would like to do with this in particular?
    Hi eldwin,

    If the "behind the icons" is doable (great news BTY) I think it would be best done as a settings option if possible (I think King or Durben mentioned this).
    Then like Durben says, we would need another way of adding/removing iWidgets from the screen?

    Like Grant says it's mainly so we can use full screen walls and some "behind the icons" weather iWidgets.

    Have you seen the tweak "HS Design" (Home Screen Design)? I think if iWidgets could use the same kind of adjustable grid for widget placement would be great too, this would mean we set the grid to zero X zero and could snap a full screen iWidget to the top of the screen or if we are using more than one iWidget on a page we can get them all lined up perfectly by setting the grid as we like.

    Sorry I have too many idea's, but I feel iWidgets has so much potential.

    PS. I have started on my Object-C tutorials, thanks pal.

    I'm just wondering, if you used Xcode instead of Theos would it be possible for you to make a tweak like this for normal non-jailbroken iPhones? I recon you would make a mint if this was in the App Store.
    Last edited by Ian Nicoll; 01-14-2014 at 02:21 AM.

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    Bacardi85 (01-13-2014), King_O_Hill (01-13-2014), sethbossfan (01-13-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

  30. #5918
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,646
    Thanks
    4,066
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Personally I don't care. I don't even MyLocation installed.
    In regards to that app/tweak I don't think that's fair to stick on another developer when the original hasn't been around for support for ages. Bushe code signed it last time. This time it's a bit more work I would think and it's not even his app either.

    And WidgetWeather doesn't need to be linked anywhere.
    It's on Cydia.
    I'm sorry, D. I think you misunderstood. Or I didn't explain well. Probably the latter. I don't mean 'linked' in the sense of a link to a download of the tweak. I meant a link to the 'thread' - where it IS talked about and where the responsible dev listens and answers question (you and Brian for WW and Bushe for myLocation). iWidgets alone - as introduced on page 1 only has info about the 2 Eldwin created. Since then iWidgets have become SO much more. They are driven by one of two engines. And believer me, myLocation is ALIVE and well out there. And even more iWidgets are made for it than WW at this point. I just think a person delving into iWidgets should know the primary engines that drive them. By all means - don't make Eldwin responsible for any email that will come his way. Simply.

    "If you have any questions about the two weather engines that drive many iWidgets - see WW here (link to thread) and myLocation here - link to thread. That's all I was suggesting. I don't really care either -- except that the vast majority of questions asked in this thread are about how to 'get the Weather iWidgets to work. Just think it would serve newcomers better. End of my input. It's Eldwin's thread. I'll leave answering the FAQ of the engine to most iWidgets to others from here on out. Just tires me.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  31. #5919
    Modder & Coder Ian Nicoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    From Scotland, live in Philippines.
    Posts
    4,914
    Thanks
    7,535
    Thanked 19,054 Times in 3,878 Posts

    Simply put:

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'm sorry, D. I think you misunderstood. I just meant for Eldwin to put something like this in his post 1:

    If you use a weather based iWidget that requires the "WidgetWeather" tweak: Check out this thread: (link to thread).

    If you use weather based iWidget that requires the "MyLocation" tweak: Check out this thread: (link to thread)

    "If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian Nicoll For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (01-14-2014), RKO1195 (01-14-2014), The_Durben (01-14-2014)

  33. #5920
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Azjonnyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 931 Times in 415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi eldwin,

    If the "behind the icons" is doable (great news BTY) I think it would be best done as a settings option if possible (I think King or Durben mentioned this).
    Then like Durben says, we would need another way of adding/removing iWidgets from the screen?

    Like Grant says it's mainly so we can use full screen walls and some "behind the icons" weather iWidgets.

    Have you seen the tweak "HS Design" (Home Screen Design)? I think if iWidgets could use the same kind of adjustable grid for widget placement would be great too, this would mean we set the grid to zero X zero and could snap a full screen iWidget to the top of the screen or if we are using more than one iWidget on a page we can get them all lined up perfectly by setting the grid as we like.

    Sorry I have too many idea's, but I feel iWidgets has so much potential.

    PS. I have started on my Object-C tutorials, thanks pal.

    I'm just wondering, if you used Xcode instead of Theos would it be possible for you to make a tweak like this for normal non-jailbroken iPhones? I recon you would make a mint if this was in the App Store.
    I've been thinking about this too. Ian are you familiar with phonegap? It's supposed to be used for making native apps out of html js and css and essentially "wraps" it in Xcode etc for varying platforms. I wonder if someone was to create a tweak and have it run "natively" via phonegap, if we could harness ios7's ui features exclusive to Xcode as well as run uniaw in any format we choose, like a regular ios setting. I haven't even began researching to see if this is just a fools errand or actually something that could work. Sorry to jump in and kinda ramble OT...

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Azjonnyg For This Useful Post:

    Ian Nicoll (01-14-2014)


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts