+ Reply
Page 270 of 333 FirstFirst ... 170 220 260268269270271272 280 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6656

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Grant like Krima is explaining we have no issue auto updating the weather. Forget what your weather app does on its own now. We completely took it over. The dev
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Grant like Krima is explaining we have no issue auto updating the weather. Forget what your weather app does on its own now. We completely took it over. The dev has hijacked apples weather app and we tell it to do what iOS doesn't. We are the ones now sending/receiving info in the weather app back and forth to the servers.

For the record, Apple does not have an issue updating weather. They chose to have weather update when you open the app. I agree from their side it's just a waste of resources to have it always running in the background.

I have also posted screenshots previously of the three location choices.

You're also still jumping to conclusions. The weather we are using always updates the info at your specified interval. Location is automatic when set to Full GPS. Semi uses the the city the weather app states. Regardless of these two settings the weather always updates. Like Krima I use Semi when I'm not going anywhere. It's silly to have GPS check my location when I'm not moving.

As for releasing already, we technically could, everything is working as it should be but we have a few times when some people are testing that the location doesn't change. This is just minor and is in the tweak itself based on the way it checks and times out. It's not like its a continual problem, it has happened to me one in fifteen times on the road.

Like I said before, stop comparing this to native weather of old. This is not even close.

Tell me how you think this doesn't work or that it is not in fact a very viable way to get weather info.
    Besides being able to instantly change a location watch when I open my weather app and you see it was waiting to update even though I had the current info on my lockscreen already.
    Like I said, we have no issues updating info. A few minor things to sort out but bottom line is this works. Even better than I can explain to you.

Last edited by The_Durben; 07-01-2013 at 11:48 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

blkmini (07-02-2013), CrazyChester (07-03-2013), deepvivi (07-01-2013), G-weezy (07-01-2013), Hip5 (07-18-2013), King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Krima (07-01-2013), markotak (01-08-2014), Simon (07-01-2013), The.Drifter (07-01-2013), UNLOCKZ (07-23-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,127 Times in 5,499 Posts

Let me try and clear it up just to be sure that we all understand.

Old method grabbed data from the stock weather app by using a tweak that generated a .plist file. This file was updated only when the stock app was opened. It is that simple.

New method hooks into the devices locational services and forces an update of an .xml file that is generated initially by the stock weather app then in addition to that info, it uses the same feed to pull additional data that the stock app does not use.

This new method in no shape or form resembles the old method that basically just stole data that was already there. It acts independently, but utilizing the system resources that are available to the device. In the development process, it was decided early on that we would have 3 modes: Manual - Fixed woeid, Semi - only updates when forced by the user, & Full GPS - that updates on the fly.

3 chioces that should cover everyone's needs.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

blkmini (07-02-2013), G-weezy (07-01-2013), Hip5 (07-18-2013), Krima (07-01-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,469 Times in 4,036 Posts

What about an option to guess where I'm going next?
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Krima (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,738 Times in 2,142 Posts

Yeah but King, what about GPS?

Shouldn't there be an option for that?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,127 Times in 5,499 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Yeah but King, what about GPS?

Shouldn't there be an option for that?
    It's there, but you have to lick the screen exactly from bottom to top and then from left to right. Then place the phone under your right armpit for 10 seconds and then re-lick in the opposite directions and that will enable the GPS mode!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    It's there, but you have to lick the screen exactly from bottom to top and then from left to right. Then place the phone under your right armpit for 10 seconds and then re-lick in the opposite directions and that will enable the GPS mode!
    Gotcha, that makes sense. I like this new way to interact with the iPhone.

I was licking from top to bottom so that explains it. Thanks for the info. Surprisingly google had no info on this issue.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,469 Times in 4,036 Posts

Can we have flavour options for when we lick the screen? I would like atleast 4 options that our chosen by how man times I blink my eyes. DO IT!! I will await tomorrow's release
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Krima (07-01-2013), NewdestinyX (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

lol ^

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (07-01-2013), King_O_Hill (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,581 Times in 3,865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I
    Honestly, I use the semi option and sometimes the manual one. I chose manual when I am staying in the city I live in and only use GPS when I travel to make sure that the tweak is updating correctly. I use semi for the same reason, want to make sure all options are working correctly.

I think people may not use GPS because it is always on. Though its a minor battery usage, I chose not have it on all the time when I am staying in the same location.
    Thanks, Krima. Helpful insight on how different people would see different uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Grant like Krima is explaining we have no issue auto updating the weather. Forget what your weather app does on its own now. We completely took it over. The dev has hijacked apples weather app and we tell it to do what iOS doesn't. We are the ones now sending/receiving info in the weather app back and forth to the servers.
    Oo. You COMPLETELY TOOK IT OVER.. I like the SOUND of that.. LOL!!

For the record, Apple does not have an issue updating weather. They chose to have weather update when you open the app. I agree from their side it's just a waste of resources to have it always running in the background.
    Hmm. Never thought about that. But it was also a reason to distrust any weather widget getting its data from a source that wouldn't auto update location. That's a 'founded concern' on my part and others'.
    I have also posted screenshots previously of the three location choices.
    I guess I missed it. There are a lot of images you can't see in the MMI app when travelling.

You're also still jumping to conclusions. The weather we are using always updates the info at your specified interval. Location is automatic when set to Full GPS. Semi uses the the city the weather app states. Regardless of these two settings the weather always updates. Like Krima I use Semi when I'm not going anywhere. It's silly to have GPS check my location when I'm not moving.
    Yeah. This is helpful.. But I'd never have a need for the SEMI. Just like I use GPS auto for MyLocation now - that's how I'd use the new tweak. If I'd known this functionality I wouldn't have come to the wrong conclusion. And yet it's still interesting that you're having trouble with the Semi Mode auto updating location. It's hard for my mind to disconnect that from being an 'INHERENTLY' Native weather (Apple) issue. But you said - you've TAKEN it over.. Ok..

As for releasing already, we technically could, everything is working as it should be but we have a few times when some people are testing that the location doesn't change. This is just minor and is in the tweak itself based on the way it checks and times out. It's not like its a continual problem, it has happened to me one in fifteen times on the road.
    Wouldn't this be something that could be tested better in a beta? Maybe you could find commonalities of the bug's presentation when your sampling group is larger than you King and Krima. Just a thought.
    Tell me how you think this doesn't work or that it is not in fact a very viable way to get weather info.
    My comment there was based on not knowing you'd done a 'hostile takeover' of the native weather feed.. LOL! Now I know.

Besides being able to instantly change a location watch when I open my weather app and you see it was waiting to update even though I had the current info on my lockscreen already.
    Like I said, we have no issues updating info. A few minor things to sort out but bottom line is this works. Even better than I can explain to you.

Wonderful! Release the damned thing already!! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Let me try and clear it up just to be sure that we all understand.
    Old method grabbed data from the stock weather app by using a tweak that generated a .plist file. This file was updated only when the stock app was opened. It is that simple.

New method hooks into the devices locational services and forces an update of an .xml file that is generated initially by the stock weather app then in addition to that info, it uses the same feed to pull additional data that the stock app does not use.

This new method in no shape or form resembles the old method that basically just stole data that was already there. It acts independently, but utilizing the system resources that are available to the device. In the development process, it was decided early on that we would have 3 modes: Manual - Fixed woeid, Semi - only updates when forced by the user, & Full GPS - that updates on the fly.

3 chioces that should cover everyone's needs.
    Clear.. Thanks.. So what could be the problem with the Semi mode occasionally not updating? Enquiring minds want to know.. And is it really THAT bad to delay release? Perfection is nice.. But no matter when you release - someone will still find "something".. That's what 1.1 version number is for..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013)

Thanks

There are more people testing this, it's not just King, Durben, and me. If I was one of the co-creators I wouldn't want to release it if it had a few minor issues in it no matter how rare those are. I would imagine the support emails would be insane. Better to have it in a more controlled environment.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

It's not any specific mode not updating. Occasionally there is a hang up and the location doesn't change.
    This has nothing to do with the weather app or anything besides the tweak and the way it is written to check and update. Sometimes it doesn't connect. By sometimes I mean rarely but it does it. It's just a matter of tweaking the tweak to do certain things if certain things happen. Loss of Internet connection and that sort of thing.
    I can leave my phone on Semi all day, not touch the weather app but my widgets still update the weather info.

As for testing, there's about 10 of us. Adding more people is just more work to get feedback from all.
    It's being rigorously tested. As for releasing, I can only say soon. King, myself, the dev and a few others want to be sure all is going well before we do.

And really stop calling this "native" you're only going to confuse the people who are still using and modding old native widgets for whatever reason.
    For naming purposes right now we are at Widget Weather.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 07-01-2013 at 12:56 PM.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

blkmini (07-02-2013), King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,581 Times in 3,865 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    It's not any specific mode not updating. Occasionally there is a hang up and the location doesn't change.
    This has nothing to do with the weather app or anything besides the tweak and the way it is written to check and update. Sometimes it doesn't connect. By sometimes I mean rarely but it does it. It's just a matter of tweaking the tweak to do certain things if certain things happen. Loss of Internet connection and that sort of thing.
    I can leave my phone on Semi all day, not touch the weather app but my widgets still update the weather info.

As for testing, there's about 10 of us. Adding more people is just more work to get feedback from all.
    It's being rigorously tested. As for releasing, I can only say soon. King, myself, the dev and a few others want to be sure all is going well before we do.

And really stop calling this "native" you're only going to confuse the people who are still using and modding old native widgets for whatever reason.
    For naming purposes right now we are at Widget Weather.
    Understood to all points! And thank you for the extensive explanations. I will make sure I start calling it by your desired name too. Getting more and more excited.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Re @ all,

is there a Photo Slideshow iWidget available?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r View Post
    Re @ all,

is there a Photo Slideshow iWidget available?
    Might be something you're interested in

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...ml#post6837317

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-11-2013), j0k3r (07-02-2013), King_O_Hill (07-02-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Thx Durben, but dunno how i can make a iwidget with my camera roll as slideshow :/

Thanks

There's a basic one posted on this thread somewhere.
    They are ok but you get pics that stretch and look funny due to randomly selecting the pics.
    Widget only has one width and height for photos so portrait will look ok but landscape won't or vice versa depending on which way it's set up.
    You'll have to search man

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bulldog5278's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,939 Times in 770 Posts

Is there a digital iwidget with the options to change clock colour/size?tia

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wildfowler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog5278 View Post
    Is there a digital iwidget with the options to change clock colour/size?tia
    Page 1 of UNIAW6 thread has a nice digital clock iwidget.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildfowler For This Useful Post:

Bulldog5278 (07-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,922 Times in 926 Posts

For those who are using my combined RAM and Battery Stats iWidget versions, there was a coding issue that kept those iWidgets for updating correctly.

I have sorted out the problem and have updated those versions to V2.
    If you have downloaded the previous version of these, please delete those on your device and update to the new V2.

Here is the new Static Version: Drifters Mini Static Info Stats Bar V2.zip

Here is the new Flip Version: Drifters Mini Flip Info Stats Bar V2.zip

If this is your first time downloading these RAM or Battery iWidgets, then please stop by here to read up on these new iWidgets and download the associated Tweaks you will need first for these to work correctly.

Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget

Last edited by The.Drifter; 07-03-2013 at 05:08 AM.

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-11-2013), caniac61906 (07-03-2013), daddykool (07-03-2013), King_O_Hill (07-03-2013), mentop (07-05-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013), NewdestinyX (07-03-2013), phil73 (07-03-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (07-03-2013), stratnik (07-03-2013), The_Durben (07-03-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone know if an HTC One iWidget exists? I know that a winterboard SB widget is out there, but I was hoping to find an iWidget version. Or, if anyone knows this macrumors user, could they obtain permission for it to be converted to an iWidget?

Here's the SB widget I was talking about: [iPhone] Release - HTC One Weather widget LIVE ON CYDIA - MacRumors Forums