+ Reply
Page 27 of 333 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by snakeeater01 Go in the Folder chevymusclecar-Elements there are 2 Folders with Single and Single 24 change Single 24 to Single Thanks pal I tried naming the string
    Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeater01 View Post
    Go in the Folder chevymusclecar-Elements there are 2 Folders with Single and Single 24 change Single 24 to Single
    Thanks pal

I tried naming the string Single 24 but it never changed I did not think about changing the folder ! Well you learn everyday thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    It's good to see this thread picking up some steam. A lot of cool widgets!
    Anybody have any cool Xbox widgets? Haven't come across very many. I made a simple Xbox gamer tag one if anybody wants it let me know. I'm still a noob at this stuff so if anybody wants to make a nicer one that would be cool
    It's all the promo the themers have done it all the threads :-)
    Last edited by Richard; 08-30-2012 at 12:16 AM.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

Does converting a widget to an iWidget actually require any extra HTML code? Or simply the .plist. I just can't find the code in the HTML. And adding a plist ain't working for me.

::hate life::

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-30-2012)

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,343 Times in 2,189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    Does converting a widget to an iWidget actually require any extra HTML code? Or simply the .plist. I just can't find the code in the HTML. And adding a plist ain't working for me.

::hate life::
    just the plist and change the name to Widget.html

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

elilab (09-01-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012), King_O_Hill (08-30-2012), Them3this (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    just the plist and change the name to Widget.html
    Thanks Jon. As always.

Hate HTML so bad. You guys make it look so easy. I try to remove a bg and break the widget.

http://db.tt/CQLglBQy

If anyone wants to convert this. Think it would be a sick widget. I only modded the original slightly. Credits to I think max or Chevy. I'm sure one of the two will straiten me out on the credits.
    Last edited by Them3this; 08-30-2012 at 12:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Why the blue ? mark with Durbens widget?

iPhone? More like MyPhone tomme11's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post
    awesome!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tomme11 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Finish my Simple Styled Individual Weather Elements iWidget idea.

Attachment 609055

I have made several individual element iWidgets so you can place each element where you wish using the iWidget interface.

I have optimized the code for each iWidget to be as lean as possible and only included the code needed for each element to function.
    You can change fonts and text sizes easily within the code to match your particular theme and the combined iWidgets should be quite RAM efficient on your iDevice.

Attachment 609054

Included are the following individual iWidgets:

Banner Name
    Simple Calendar
    Simple Clock
    Weather Icon
    Weather Temp
    Weather Description

Download my individual pack for the regular version of iWidgets Here : Drifters Individual Weather Element iWidgets.zip

I also have a combined weather version just in case you dont want to mess with the seperate iWidgets

Attachment 609056

Download Here: Drifters GPS Weather Full iWidget.zip

For the Users of the "unstable" version of iWidgets I have a few that have configurable options as well:

Attachment 609057

Attachment 609058

Download the individual pack with options for the "unstable" iWidget version Here: Drifters Individual Weather Elements with Options iWidget.zip

I also have a combined weather version with options just in case you dont want to mess with seperate iWidgets

Download Here: Drifters GPS Weather Options Full.zip

I would like to thank Ian and Dacal for the GPS Weather source code I used for the Weather iWidgets.
    Schnedi and Durban for providing excellent examples for creating configurable options.
    ChevyMuscleCar for the Icon Sets.

This is my first real attempt at iDevice Coding/Modding. I hope you like my simple concept and enjoy this on your iDevice.
    Awesome Drifter!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daddykool For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,910 Times in 924 Posts

For everybody who liked my simple seperable weather concept, I have added a rotation animation to the Weather Icon.

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0775.png

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0776.png

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_0778.png

EDIT: In order for you to have the latest versions, the previous links have been deleted, please download my newest pack here: http://www.mediafire.com/?k4o9gqgh5ti5cds
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 09-06-2012 at 07:34 PM.

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-30-2012), elilab (09-01-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012), jima6636 (08-30-2012), meth357 (11-23-2013), phil73 (08-30-2012), Project5 (09-21-2012), Toproaster (08-31-2012), Wildfowler (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,574 Times in 3,861 Posts

Thanks Jon. As always.

Hate HTML so bad. You guys make it look so easy. I try to remove a bg and break the widget.

If anyone wants to convert this. Think it would be a sick widget. I only modded the original slightly. Credits to I think max or Chevy. I'm sure one of the two will straiten me out on the credits.
    I already converted this one to PerPageHTML+. And I was starting on iWidget then got sidetracked. But you can have fun with it. Couple pointers: Removing the background, I have found, is as simple as removing one of the IMG files in the early portion of the Widget.html file. In yours - get rid of everything from <div id=SB Wall down to </style>. That should get rid of the widget looking for a wallpaper.

Then as John said you have to change Wallpaper.html to Widget.html. Sometimes you have to make sure that the widget addresses the mylocation.txt file with the right path too. In Weather.js (sometimes called Location.js) remove all the "../" from before /var in the first "JQuery get" command - so it looks like this: "/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt. That way it will address the GPS correctly as an iWidget.

Finally, and these steps are the most laborious part of the conversion, is that you have to use a graphics software to strip away the transparent parts around the main overlay and underlay so that the full widget can fit into the uppermost left and top position of an iPhone screen. Then you go into the.CSS file (or sometimes it's at the bottom of the Widget.html or GPSWeather.html file) and move all of the locations of each information element (#city, #clock, etc, etc) of your widget to as top and leftmost as possible as if the widget's outer borders would always appear at the far top and left of your screen. Obviously some elements are further 'down from top' and more 'to the right' than the position I just described. Obviously you need to keep all elements of the widget 'proportional' left and top from where they were before. The only thing that gets 'mashed' into the upper leftmost and topmost position is the upper left hand corner of your Overlay/Underlay. In this particular cool widget with the little bubble coming out the left - there is no 'square' edge to mash into the upper left hand corner. (A rectangle overlay would be placed at top: 0px; left: 0px; ). So it just takes some experimenting. This one will take a little time which is why I haven't tackled it yet - precisely due to it's unique shape. But those are the essentials of converting this particular one.

Lastly you'd need to create an info.plist that spells out the outer boundaries of the iWidget. Often this is just guess work. But easy to check your work with iWidgets - without a respring. Just readd the widget to test your work.

Hope that helps a little. Contact me by PM if you need any more help. Durben and BlueMetal have been my mentors in all this. But they're so busy. I'm trying to help out others now with what I've learned.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-30-2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-30-2012), Them3this (08-30-2012), The_Durben (08-30-2012)

Thanks

I have a quick question !

I have a GPS weather widget on and it picks my location up but says partly cloudy all the time ? Is this normal and can it be sorted out ?

My other question is I have set up my location and Sig Change on, GPS off, Map off is this correct ? And after that is set up do I still need location services turned on in the settings ?

Just want to make sure I am running it right

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    I have a quick question !

I have a GPS weather widget on and it picks my location up but says partly cloudy all the time ? Is this normal and can it be sorted out ?
    Sadly - that's SUCKY Yahoo weather. It's the only 'free' service that covers most of the world and that's why our modders use it almost exclusively. Yahoo is TERRIBLE in reporting 'accurate' weather to small towns and more rural suburbs. I only got it to show more accurate weather by turning off GPS and setting it to the nearest large city to me: Philadelphia. THEN the weather widget reported accurate weather for my area.

My other question is I have set up my location and Sig Change on, GPS off, Map off is this correct ?
    Yes, that's correct.
    And after that is set up do I still need location services turned on in the settings ?
    You need to keep Location services on if you want the city (and in turn the weather of that new city) to update when you travel around. If you only ever stay in one town - you can turn SigChange off (just leave Location Services for MyLocation app on). The MyLocation app is only used to find your city. The weather itself comes from Yahoo and will update automatically as weather changes. You don't need SigChange on in the MyLocation app for anything other than finding where you are.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Them3this (08-30-2012)

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Darrenrooster (09-02-2012), elilab (09-01-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012), meth357 (11-23-2013), sickchris714 (08-30-2012), stratnik (08-30-2012), The.Drifter (08-30-2012), Them3this (08-30-2012), The_Durben (08-30-2012), Toproaster (08-31-2012), UNLOCKZ (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Destiny thanks for hat LONG explantion, detailed enough to help me start banging these things out. I have no idea why but removing the BG <div> entirely breaks the GPS weather. So ill be playing around with this today until I get it, one of my favey widgets and I know people wouldnt mind having it on their iWidget list.

Thanks again bro

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,343 Times in 2,189 Posts

Thanks Jon. As always.

1- you uploaded the broken version.
    2- the path for the location.txt is wrong or you broke it.
    3- Wallpaper.html is making nothing there.
    4- some lines have to be modified to set the Options.plist.
    5- Weather icons are too big and too heavy for such a small widget.
    6- not very important but the scripts are "old".

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

elilab (09-01-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012), jima6636 (08-30-2012), King_O_Hill (08-30-2012), Them3this (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Well, humpf. Schnedi laying down the hammer. Im going to try and re-build it from the ground up then, starting with fresh scripts and using all the same elements.

Thanks for the info bro

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-30-2012), King_O_Hill (08-30-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,023 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post

#GroupEffort
    Max_Pa1n, The_Durben and chevymusclecar*

http://bit.ly/boss_MP_CMC_DB_Ultimate_SB_iWidget

Thanks a lot Bro !
    But after a while is see only this ...

there is no Weather Pic any more ? But after a Respring the Weather Pic is there !?? Any Idea ?

Thank You !!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to UNLOCKZ For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Well, humpf. Schnedi laying down the hammer. Im going to try and re-build it from the ground up then, starting with fresh scripts and using all the same elements.

Thanks for the info bro
    I actually didn't see the broken links as Schnedi points out.

But HERE it is - your mod - working perfectly as a PerPageHTML widget. This is 1/2 the way done. You just need to do the Overlay modding to upper left hand corner.. then changing all .css stuff to upper left hand corner.. Make the info.plist and DONE! iWidget!

Enjoy!

Taylor MP-PPHTML

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    Thanks a lot Bro !
    But after a while is see only this ...

there is no Weather Pic any more ? But after a Respring the Weather Pic is there !?? Any Idea ?

Thank You !!
    This is happening to me also on that particular iWidget. The weather pic disappears - and then can't come back without a respring.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Having the same issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    finally i get some time to try iWidgets... it's really AWESOME!!

for the moment i've made 3 widgets...

share your wallpaper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by haylazz View Post
    share your wallpaper
    I think you mean PLEASE share your wallpaper ;-)

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

alon799 (09-07-2012), Toproaster (08-31-2012), UNLOCKZ (08-30-2012)