+ Reply
Page 269 of 355 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259267268269270271 279 319 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus™ View Post
    Here's a white version with bigger font for date, condition,AM/PM, and current temp

Attachment 640288

Download here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoqo3vfamr...%20FORC%29.zip
    Jesus, or anyone, can you please re-up this particular version for me? Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to joshlogic For This Useful Post:

A11AST3R (07-11-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    Jesus, or anyone, can you please re-up this particular version for me? Thanks!
    Here's the one you wanted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9h6vo2kt5...idget%20V2.zip

And here's another to try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpcg0ukut7...X%20Custom.zip

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jesus™ For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (06-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Perfect, thanks dude!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

Posted this on the Strife thread and it helped there, maybe will help some other people who run UniAW based weather widgets

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmonkey View Post
    I am using the static tile with 2 day forecast. The update is currently set to 2 minutes. and it displays the update time in the top right corner.. I have a myLocation.txt in my Documents folder which updates when I move around and this gives me 'local' weather in both Yahoo weather app and Apples weather app. The tile itself does not update either weather or location unless I respring. When I respring, the city name displayed is some 50 km away from my location.
    Interesting...

Just so you know, the myLocation.txt has nothing to do with yahoo's weather app or Apples weather app.
    The myLocation.txt is only used for jailbroken devices that run Weather Widgets.

For the myLocation.txt to be updated, you need to enable location services for the myLocation app then open the myLocation App on your springboard. The middle option is "sig change", which means that the myLocation App will update the myLocation.txt file in your documents folder only when there is a significant change in your coordinates. Set GPS on to constantly update your location info in the myLocation.txt file.

All GPS weather widgets will then query the myLocation.txt file to get your coordinates, then it use yahoo's geo-location services to find your city and display the weather.

This only works if you set the GPS = true option on most config.js's widget coders provide.

This is entirely different than how Yahoo's and Apples weather apps get their location info. They use native IOS API's to perform that function. So just because Yahoo's and Apples weather updates, doesnt mean that your Widget weather will update, they rely on entirely different methods and are not tied to each other.

To verify that the myLocation App is actually updating you myLocation.txt file in your documents folder, before you leave your start point open the myLocation.txt file and make note of the coordinates. Travel to your destination then open the myLocation.txt file again, there should be different coordinates if everything is working. If not, then you need to open the app and set your GPS or Sig Chg on etc...

All weather widgets that use the myLocation.txt are designed to update your Location in your Weather Widgets within 20 seconds of a change. That is what the Location.js is coded to do and does work properly on most devices. All my weather widgets will update within that time frame on my two devices, and for most people too.

For the people who follow the UniAW thread in which most of our weather widget are base coded from, they fave found a solution that works for some, but not for others.

Two methods to try:

Go to IOS settings --> Reset --> Reset Location & Privacy

this has been posted to help some with refresh issues on GPS myLocation.txt queries.

another method, similar and a little more drastic is:

Go to IOS settings --> Reset --> Reset All Settings

this will reset all IOS and Jailbreak setting back to their default, and may cause you some safe mode issues until you set your settings back to where you had them. You will not lose your jailbreak, but can be frustrating if you dont know what your doing.

------------------------------------------------------

I have also found, that with IOS6, Apple uses a uiWebView Cache system and that has caused some trouble on some devices when using jquery. Seems that the info doesnt get its updated info directly from the query results, but from a cache. So the result on those devices is no change in query results and thus, no updated info.

So if the above methods dont work for you, I have another possible solution. I have modified a Location.js to disable querying data from the uiWebView cache. This has helped with my latest Battery and RAM stat widgets and may help in your instance too.

Download this Special Location.js I appended, unzip and replace the one in your Weather Widgets Folder.

Drifters Location NoCache.zip

Remember, this will only work if your myLocation.txt file coordinates are actually changing when you travel by the myLocation App.
    So please verify that first before you try any of these methods.

Good Luck, hopefully one of these methods will work on your device

Note: If I have to type myLocation one more time I will snap
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-28-2013 at 04:10 PM.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (06-28-2013), DannyZ83 (06-28-2013), Jersey Girl (06-28-2013), King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013), nateD (06-30-2013), Project5 (06-30-2013), stratnik (07-01-2013), The_Durben (06-29-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,497 Times in 6,398 Posts

Has anyone experienced having their lockscreen change and then having all their icons being dispersed from using iWidgets???
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jesus™'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Has anyone experienced having their lockscreen change and then having all their icons being dispersed from using iWidgets???
    Never had my lock screen change but every once in a while all icons will be gone, a simple lock/unlock fixes. Would be really annoying if it happened more frequently.

Thanks

Never had my lock screen change but every once in a while all icons will be gone, a simple lock/unlock fixes. Would be really annoying if it happened more frequently.
    Thanks for the input bro!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone have that photo widget or anything close to it ? ( last screen )
    thanks in advance :]

Quote Originally Posted by chevymusclecar View Post

can you link me to the photo widgets please?
    Last edited by NaydaB; 06-29-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,032 Times in 4,535 Posts

Just curious King & Durben, what are the remaining challenges with the new native weather tweak? Seemed like it was all good news there for a while and now another 4 weeks and no sorta mini updates? Just wonderin' what's not working well enough yet for a public beta release?

TIA
    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (07-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Just curious King & Durben, what are the remaining challenges with the new native weather tweak? Seemed like it was all good news there for a while and now another 4 weeks and no sorta mini updates? Just wonderin' what's not working well enough yet for a public beta release?

TIA
    Grant
    Mostly it's just getting the updating to be more consistent. Most times it works great and other times it doesn't. We're just trying to figure out why.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (07-18-2013), joshlogic (06-30-2013), RKO1195 (06-30-2013), Simon (06-30-2013), stratnik (06-30-2013), The.Drifter (06-30-2013), The_Durben (06-30-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Mostly it's just getting the updating to be more consistent. Most times it works great and other times it doesn't. We're just trying to figure out why.
    Thanks for the update, bro! Sounds like Native Weather is up to its old tricks again - not updating itself consistently. Been that way since iOS5 for me. So I gave up on it as a reliable weather widget engine. I hope you guys can unlock the secret.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-30-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Thanks for the update, bro! Sounds like Native Weather is up to its old tricks again - not updating itself consistently. Been that way since iOS5 for me. So I gave up on it as a reliable weather widget engine. I hope you guys can unlock the secret.
    Stop comparing it to the old native weather Suby and I worked on. It's not the same at all.
    The update issues are not the weather itself. It's sometimes hanging on a previous location and sometimes doesn't switch to the new location. The weather itself for that location updates flawlessly.

Don't get yourself caught up in the native of old. This is not the same thing. Not even close to it.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (07-18-2013), King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), Krima (07-01-2013), NewdestinyX (07-01-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (06-30-2013), stratnik (07-01-2013), The.Drifter (06-30-2013)

Thanks

^Yup

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

stratnik (07-01-2013), The.Drifter (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

It's simple Grant, with this tweak you have 3 options to get your information. Those that don't move around can just enter in their WOEID, those that are happy with the way the native app chooses their local weather can set it to Semi, and those that travel a lot can use GPS.

This is nothing like the Native tweak from before. Plus, to me it seems like the widgets run a little better. May have something to do with it pulling the info natively and not from outside sources which I know u will love.

Just wait until u try it before taking the cynic route here. Just don't jump the gun like before is all.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-01-2013 at 08:32 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), The.Drifter (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Stop comparing it to the old native weather Suby and I worked on. It's not the same at all.
    The update issues are not the weather itself. It's sometimes hanging on a previous location and sometimes doesn't switch to the new location. The weather itself for that location updates flawlessly.

Don't get yourself caught up in the native of old. This is not the same thing. Not even close to it.
    Fair enough. But for the record - my concerns have always flowed from my (personally tested) conclusion that the problem of updating location is inherent to NATIVE itself.. and not in the widgets themselves nor in any tweak built to grab info from Native's .plist. So 'anything' based on Native will have the location updating problem.

Now I'm nowhere near as deep into it as you guys are.. but I know from what you've told us that the new tweak simply references a plist that Native weather itself has compiled from which the tweak grabs the location and weather info. So my comment about 'native weather up to its old tricks' is based solely on my distrust that Native weather can update location on its own. It STILL doesn't update on its own in Weather.app on my iP5 running 6.1.2JB even NOW without going into the Weather.app or drawing down the Notification Center.. I'm guessin' your tweak dev has tried to find a way to get some sorta 'auto-ping', if you will, to update the location without entering the Weather.app itself or drawing down NC.

What's interesting is -- the few people I've asked about Native Weather.app in iOS7 beta are saying there's no update location issue.. it's immediate.. I SURE hope they're right.. proving all along that it's been Apple's fault we have the auto-location update issue..
    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    It's simple Grant, with this tweak you have 3 options to get your information. Those that don't move around can just enter in their WOEID, those that are happy with the way the native app chooses their local weather can set it to Semi, and those that travel a lot can use GPS.

This is nothing like the Native tweak from before.
    ..except both are based on Native Weather's storing/grabbing of data. If Native Weather.app doesn't update location automatically -- then the tweak can't get the info.. Agreed? Am I missing something? Weather.app STILL doesn't update my location automatically without going into the app or NC on iOS6.. On iOS 5 it didn't even change locations with a respring.. So iOS6 is only a 'little better' if you're used to the convenience of GPS auto-location-update with myLocation app.

Thanks for the update, guys.. Hopin' you can solve it. It's a great solution for me - since Yahoo FINALLY decided to give us the same feed info from the URL we're using now for Yahoo in the widgets (since they restored the feed with 4day forecast recently) as is given in Yahoo's app and Native. NOW the weather info we get to the widgets from Yahoo matches what you see in Yahoo's amazing new app and Weather.app. Before a few weeks ago that was NOT the case.. Naturally - I'm becoming an enthusiastic Yahoo man again.. Don't know why they had two different sets of data they would send.....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks

Grant, as mentioned before there is a GPS option that pulls your new location automatically. This option and the two others should meet everyone's preferences.

I travel to a different city everyday for work and along the way I hit a few small towns and the weather widget pulls the new location every time.

If you use the Semi option it will not pull the new location until the weather app is launched. You don't have to use this option but I never understood why u found it so difficult or inconvenient to simply pull the NC for the new location.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), NewdestinyX (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

Grant, as mentioned before there is a GPS option that pulls your new location automatically. This option and the two others should meet everyone's preferences.
    Great! But if that option is in there -- makes me wonder what still needs fixing before release? It seemed like the auto location update was still a 'release-killer' per what King metnioned. Hence my concern of Native Weather itself being the issue. But I DID read too fast - and didn't notice the option for GPS location.. Cool.. Good option!!

I travel to a different city everyday for work and along the way I hit a few small towns and the weather widget pulls the new location every time.
    But not automatically without a visit to the NC - right? Because location doesn't autoupdate for 'anyone' on 'any phone' with Native as it's written for iOS6. That's a fact. I don't have some special phone..

If you use the Semi option it will not pull the new location until the weather app is launched. You don't have to use this option but I never understood why u found it so difficult or inconvenient to simply pull the NC for the new location.
    Once you've had the best (GPS myLocation app working perfectly) you can never settle for 2nd best. We live is a world of GPS now, bro.. Clicking a button/tapping on your screen to get your city to update is just -- well -- old-fashioned.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-01-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Thanks

Great! But if that option is in there -- makes me wonder what still needs fixing before release? It seemed like the auto location update was still a 'release-killer' per what King metnioned. Hence my concern of Native Weather itself being the issue. But I DID read too fast - and didn't notice the option for GPS location.. Cool.. Good option!!
    Durben, King, and the tweak dev just wants to make sure everything is right before releasing. I know u can appreciate that.

But not automatically without a visit to the NC - right? Because location doesn't autoupdate for 'anyone' on 'any phone' with Native as it's written for iOS6. That's a fact. I don't have some special phone..
    I'm referring to the GPS option here. I don't know how else I can explain it. Use the GPS option to auto update. It is an option so if that's what u want then u don't have to use the Semi option because its too challenging to pull down the NC for an updated location. .

Once you've had the best (GPS myLocation app working perfectly) you can never settle for 2nd best. We live is a world of GPS now, bro.. Clicking a button/tapping on your screen to get your city to update is just -- well -- silly.
    Again, there is a GPS option. Stop mentioning the auto update as a problem when I and others have said that there is a GPS option. Informing you that there is GPS and you mentioning that we need GPS is just -- well -- silly
    Last edited by Krima; 07-01-2013 at 09:37 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (07-01-2013)

Thanks

Durben, King, and the tweak dev just wants to make sure everything is right before releasing. I know u can appreciate that.
    Oh yes...

I'm referring to the GPS option here. I don't know how else I can explain it. Use the GPS option to auto update. It is an option so if that's what u want then u don't have to use the Semi option because its too challenging to pull down the NC for an updated location. .
    Thanks for the clarification. You didn't mention the GPS option when you wrote the paragraph.. I thought you were referring possibly to the SEMI option..

Again, there is a GPS option. Stop mentioning the auto update as a problem when I and others have said that there is a GPS option. Informing you that there is GPS and you mentioning that we need GPS is just -- well -- silly
    Don't over-make your case, Krima. You're the first one 'in the inner circle' to ever mention the GPS option. Give me a post # where King or Durben ever mentioned the option. If I'd seen it - I'd never have been worried. Must be a recent addition. And with it in place - who, for heaven's sake would ever use the semi option?? What would be the reason for it? Remember - those of us out here - not in the know - are only as good as the info we receive. You're mention of the GPS option today is the first I've heard of it, bro.. honestly. I don't ask questions repeated that are 'silly' when I'm operating with all current info.

Thanks

I mentioned earlier that there were three options and mentioned the GPS as one of them but you still brought up GPS after that post. You also mentioned u may have read to quickly. Plus just the other day in the UNIAW thread you asked Ian a question about his tutorial without even watching it so this behavior is why I figured you were just repeating yourself without amending your position after giving u new info. I thought that was clear but my mistake.

Honestly, I use the semi option and sometimes the manual one. I chose manual when I am staying in the city I live in and only use GPS when I travel to make sure that the tweak is updating correctly. I use semi for the same reason, want to make sure all options are working correctly.

I think people may not use GPS because it is always on. Though its a minor battery usage, I chose not have it on all the time when I am staying in the same location.

I hope this clears everything up for you and others.
    Last edited by Krima; 07-01-2013 at 10:09 AM.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-01-2013), meth357 (07-24-2013), NewdestinyX (07-01-2013), Project5 (07-03-2013), RKO1195 (07-01-2013), Simon (07-01-2013), The_Durben (07-01-2013)