+ Reply
Page 267 of 353 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257265266267268269 277 317 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 7058

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
I can sum it up real easy. It is what it is because Apple said so. As I've always told you Grant, software is never perfect. Even when installed on
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,134 Times in 6,260 Posts

I can sum it up real easy.

It is what it is because Apple said so.

As I've always told you Grant, software is never perfect. Even when installed on numerous devices of the same hardware. You can't possibly predict how it is going to react on every device, even when the hardware is of the same spec. People load different apps, tweaks etc, it all has an affect on your personal experience. Unfortunately, you disagree with me on this, so I'm at a loss on what else I can add here.

Thanks for sharing all your research with us Marcus!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-15-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Krima (06-15-2013), mentop (06-15-2013), NewdestinyX (06-15-2013), phil73 (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,987 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You know I respect the work you do, Marcus. Always have and always will (Brian and David and all you pro-coders). And I will never do all the research a coder does - because it's not my profession and I have a real job that takes most of my time. In my play-time I don't wish/choose to research to that level. Your REAL job IS coding. And in your play-time you choose to do more - for US. So the rest of us are indebted to you and King and Dacal who do coding for a living. But that is beside the point (your pro status - NOT my gratefulness.. )..

When a coding pro finds something that works for him, and then poses it as a solution for all, which you did, it needs to stand the test of scrutiny - of logic - and of testing in the masses. This is what Beta runs are for as you know.. With all the symptoms of this refresh problem we've been riddled with for a long time, we now have collected a lot of empirical data that suggests that a cache clearing oddity in iOS6 can't explain many of the cases. I simple challenged you to explain how it could. If you're not willing to 'summarize' what you learned in those hours and hours of research-- well -- I guess I'll have to accept that. But educated guessing (mine, in this case), based on empirical data gathered is not some 'pie in the sky' clueless endeavor, my friend. It's insulting when you or King imply "'we're' out of our league - so just shut up". I've troubleshot tech for 30 years and have been on countless beta teams for software.. I'm NOT a noob at it. I'm 'noob-ish' to Java and HTML.. Fair enuff..

I'm not mad.. just frustrated that you wouldn't be willing to address my challenges in the post I made --> that concluded, based on empirical test data gathered from users, that I can't see it as being our smoking gun. If it DOES explain all or most of our cases - please tell me HOW. I have come here as a learner. When I'm taught - I learn. I just hope we're not breeding an 'elite' mentality that only those who code for a living have a right to even speak into the matter. That's how I felt 'blasted'. You were dismissive.

Listen - I came on strong... that's me.. I apologize for the apparent 'strength' you saw in my words.. Can you please 'break it down' for us who don't have the time to research as to how this could explain such difference experiences on iPhone 5?

Thanks,
    Grant
    Actually Grant, I do have a full time job, and its not related to IOS coding. I work 50-60 hours a week at my real job, and still find time to work extensively on my Widgets in my limited free time.

It is NOT my job to educate you, I spend enough time dealing with code as it is. For me its a waste of my limited free time trying to explain the nuances to you (when I know you wont even understand the finer details) is pointless in my opinion. Id rather be working with code than Chit-Chatting on the threads. Thats why you have 4000 posts and I have less that 650. We use our free time differently. Id rather post useful information and cool widgets vs idle chat.

If you read my original post correctly, I found a solution that works for my particular BatteryStats widget. This issue is very similar to what seemed to be going on with Weather widgets and getting their data from a cache and not from repeated jQuery calls. I posted that it should help with other Widgets using jQuery calls, not as a find all solution to every Refresh issue plaguing widgets today.

Its interesting that Durben, Dacal and King O Hill seemed to have arrived to a similar solution I did based on "their" own separate research on the subject dealing with their new Native Weather tweak and widget.

Our new Widgets are similar in that respect, both are using a Dylib that posts info to a text file, and we use jQuery to get that info. I had it a little easier because I had much less code to deal with than they did.

So now we have two different methods people can try to use to fix their jQuery updating issues, one based on my research and the other based on their research. Hopefully between the two we can put this Refresh issue in the past and move forward to producing more useful widgets.

After I post my BatteryStats iWidget later today, I plan on working with MatchStic to produce a FreeMemory display iWidget

We are entering a new era of iWidget capabilities.

Durben, Dacal, King O Hill and myself have heard the call to produce more innovative widgets, and your are only starting to see the beginnings of what is becoming possible

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

ahh_boi (06-17-2013), daddykool (06-20-2013), Feanor64 (06-23-2013), King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), Krima (06-15-2013), lizzy954 (06-16-2013), mentop (06-15-2013), NewdestinyX (06-15-2013), phil73 (06-15-2013), Project5 (06-30-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013), warwin (06-16-2013)

Thanks

Ya, what Drifter said!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013), warwin (06-16-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 4,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I can sum it up real easy.
    It is what it is because Apple said so
    Not sure what that means..
    As I've always told you Grant, software is never perfect. Even when installed on numerous devices of the same hardware. You can't possibly predict how it is going to react on every device, even when the hardware is of the same spec. People load different apps, tweaks etc, it all has an affect on your personal experience. Unfortunately, you disagree with me on this,
    No I don't. It's just you use it to explain everything.. when it doesn't - explain 'everything'. And if anything it would make my point about it being a 'tweak' issue. You're making MY point perfectly for me. Marcus, yours and Durben's fix for the cache thing may just negate the affect of the tweak interaction issues. I'm glad WHATEVER the reason..

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Actually Grant, I do have a full time job, and its not related to IOS coding. I work 50-60 hours a week at my real job, and still find time to work extensively on my Widgets in my limited free time.
    But you HAVE done it professionally per what you've told us - and that's the point.. You KNOW code.. from professional experience.

It is NOT my job to educate you, I spend enough time dealing with code as it is.
    No one's asking for a job. Just simple courtesies, bro.
    For me its a waste of my limited free time trying to explain the nuances to you (when I know you wont even understand the finer details) is pointless in my opinion. Id rather be working with code than Chit-Chatting on the threads. Thats why you have 4000 posts and I have less that 650. We use our free time differently. Id rather post useful information and cool widgets vs idle chat.
    You make a good point there. But you have a lot more posts than 650 on several aliases you have here. And my post count is getting educated or helping or clarifying points. Almost NONE of it is 'chit-chatting'. But I'm thankful for your 'focus'.

If you read my original post correctly, I found a solution that works for my particular BatteryStats widget. This issue is very similar to what seemed to be going on with Weather widgets and getting their data from a cache and not from repeated jQuery calls. I posted that it should help with other Widgets using jQuery calls, not as a find all solution to every Refresh issue plaguing widgets today.
    I read all your posts very carefully and multiple times before I respond. We all make 'implications' when we post. Your post said 'I found the problem that's been plaguing us, gents'. Your implication was way wider than your Battery Stats widget (which I'm excited about!!!!!)
    Its interesting that Durben, Dacal and King O Hill seemed to have arrived to a similar solution I did based on "their" own separate research on the subject dealing with their new Native Weather tweak and widget.
    Indeed interesting.

Our new Widgets are similar in that respect, both are using a Dylib that posts info to a text file, and we use jQuery to get that info. I had it a little easier because I had much less code to deal with than they did.

So now we have two different methods people can try to use to fix their jQuery updating issues, one based on my research and the other based on their research. Hopefully between the two we can put this Refresh issue in the past and move forward to producing more useful widgets.
    Awesomely exciting!

After I post my BatteryStats iWidget later today, I plan on working with MatchStic to produce a FreeMemory display iWidget

We are entering a new era of iWidget capabilities.
    Amazing and exciting. Something we've needed for a while.

Durben, Dacal, King O Hill and myself have heard the call to produce more innovative widgets, and your are only starting to see the beginnings of what is becoming possible
    YES!!! (Though I remember you blasting Durben for this when he dared insinuate lack of innovation and you left us for a while over that )... But water under the bridge. I'm just glad, though I LOVE weather widgets - that we're thinking about a new generation of 'Widget-ry'. Thanks for all you give, Drifter (and Durben and King - and all the rest)!!!!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-15-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Default Drifters and MatchStic's BatteryStats iWidget
    Matchstic and I would like to present to you a fully fucntioning Battery Level iWidget

Firstly, I would like to Thank Matchstic for his contribution to this widget!
    Without his x-Code knowledge and his ability to hook into IOS's Battery API and associated Libraries this widget would not have been possible!

Matchstic Dylib will create a Text file at:

/var/mobile/Library/BattStats.txt.

This txt file will have the devices current Battery level and Charging state.
    The refresh rate for the BatteryStats.txt created by the Dylib can be adjusted by changing the RefreshRate in a plist.

The location of the BatteryStats-prefs.plist is here:

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/

adjust the <real> value in seconds. By default it is set to 30 seconds.

Here is the link to Matchstic's BatteryStats.dylib: http://goo.gl/ZYism

For convenience in installing, Matchstic compiled this into a Deb package to install all the accociated files correctly.

After you download the deb file, copy it to your device and use iFiles Installer to install the Dylib.
    Now REBOOT your device to correctly activate the Dylib. Without this step, your new battery stats widget will not work.

So now here is where I come in,
    I have created the HTML and Java to correctly get the info from this BatteryStats.txt file and display it in a iWidget form on your springboard.

Im am posting 2 version of this,

One is a Static version:

One is a Flip Tile Version:

Shows Stats on the first side:

and a working Battery Image on other side:

Here are the Download links to each iWidget version:

Drifters BatteryStats Static version: Drifters Battery Stats iWidget (Static) V2.zip

Drifters BatteryStats Flip version: Drifters Battery Stats iWidget (Flip) V2.zip

As with all my posted widget work, I expect and welcome all mods of this, so please feel free to use, mod and repost my code. This code can be used for Lockscreens, Winterboard SB Widgets, or iWidgets so the possibilities are endless

I have tried to make this as easy as possible to Mod, Use the Static version as a base and use its code to add/remove/re-arange the widget to your liking. I used IOS's naming schema for the Battery Images, So if your running a Winterboard theme, you can just copy all 17 battery images from your Winterboards Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder into the BatteryStats/Images/Battery folder and your new battery image will match your current WinterBoard Theme.

MatchStic and I hope you enjoy your new BatteryStats iWidget

Look forward to some more cool Widgets coming soon from both of us, next inline is a Free Memory Display Widget

---------------------------------------------

Edit: We started a new thread dedicated to this new Tweak, so feel free to drop by and show us your Mods
    Drifter and MatchStic's Battery Stats iWidget

Edit2: Updated the iWidget Versions to V2
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-16-2013 at 05:30 PM.

9. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

azaleea (06-17-2013), blkmini (06-17-2013), CrazyChester (06-16-2013), daddykool (06-20-2013), Destan (06-16-2013), Feanor64 (06-23-2013), IrobertI (06-16-2013), joshlogic (06-15-2013), King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), Kr0NiK (06-15-2013), MamaJaay (06-15-2013), map1978 (06-18-2013), Marty McFly (06-26-2013), mentop (06-15-2013), meth357 (11-15-2013), NewdestinyX (06-15-2013), phil73 (06-15-2013), Project5 (06-30-2013), RKO1195 (06-15-2013), Sk37cH (06-16-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013), trebor130657 (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,011 Times in 392 Posts

where is the download link for the static version
    http://modmyi.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3357439&dateline=1398  949135

11. The Following User Says Thank You to trebor130657 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trebor130657 View Post
    where is the download link for the static version
    Whoops, fixed the link in my original post. Please try the link again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), Project5 (06-30-2013)

Thanks

Brilliantly executed, Drifter. Thanks so much!! Pass on our regards to Matchstic!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Nice work bro! I have built this into a couple if LS that I use and its great. I even turned off the stock percentage and positioned it in its place!

Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-15-2013 at 03:27 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-15-2013), RKO1195 (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Great work Drifter
    Matchstic too! Nice job!!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), Matchstic (06-15-2013), RKO1195 (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone amoramor's Avatar
    Thanks

It ROCKS!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amoramor For This Useful Post:

Matchstic (06-16-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,787 Posts

Thanks drifter cool idea

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), Matchstic (06-16-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Nice work bro! I have built this into a couple if LS that I use and its great. I even turned off the stock percentage and positioned it in its place!

Dang,King - you keep TEASING us with that LockScreen using the new tweak.. and feed info.. How much longer.. bro?!?! Isn't it time for beta yet????

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-15-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Dang,King - you keep TEASING us with that LockScreen using the new tweak.. and feed info.. How much longer.. bro?!?! Isn't it time for beta yet????
    Not quite ready yet. We are still adding some options and tweaking it.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-16-2013), RKO1195 (06-16-2013), The.Drifter (06-15-2013), The_Durben (06-15-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Shinchan.Nohara's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 211 Posts

Thanks drifter for the awesome widget ! I tried to make sth. out of it ! ChalkboardBattery Widget !
    Overlay and battery images are handmade by me
    The text above the battery image also changes with the battery levels !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Tweak] iWidgets-img_1097.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shinchan.Nohara For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (06-16-2013), lizzy954 (06-16-2013), Noobiusmaximus (06-16-2013), The.Drifter (06-16-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi... Each time I download the Battery iwidget zipped file when I extract it, it is empty.. both the static and flip.... any ideas? Much apprecaited...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssemmel View Post
    Hi... Each time I download the Battery iwidget zipped file when I extract it, it is empty.. both the static and flip.... any ideas? Much apprecaited...
    What program are you using to unzip it with? Maybe try unzipping in on your computer then transfer the files to your iDevice.

Or try transferring the zipped file onto your iDevice and use iFile to unarchive it.

If your still having trouble PM me and I will compile a deb package for you to install it with with using that method instead.
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-16-2013 at 07:13 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Project5 (06-30-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me ssemmel's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded it directly to my phone, extracted it using ifile and put it in the iwidget directory and was able to put it on my SB but no data? Thanks so much!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ssemmel For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-16-2013)

Thanks

I downloaded it directly to my phone, extracted it using ifile and put it in the iwidget directory and was able to put it on my SB but no data? Thanks so much!!
    Did you download Matchstic's deb file from the top of the release post?

After you download it, copy it to your iPhone and use iFile installer to install the deb package.

Then you need to Reboot to properly activate the BatteryStats.dylib, without this step your BatteryStats widget will not work

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Project5 (06-30-2013), ssemmel (06-16-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Steph53940's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,922 Times in 1,127 Posts

hello everyones and very thanks The.Drifter and Shinchan.Nohara

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steph53940 For This Useful Post:

Karoonchai (06-25-2013), lizzy954 (06-16-2013), meth357 (11-15-2013), phil73 (06-16-2013), Ramses2 (06-16-2013), The.Drifter (06-16-2013)