+ Reply
Page 261 of 333 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251259260261262263 271 311 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 6653

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX *Sigh* I didn't want to be the one to bust any bubbles. I left an old widget on my iPad and it just started working again
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,079 Times in 5,478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    *Sigh*
    I didn't want to be the one to bust any bubbles. I left an old widget on my iPad and it just started working again about 10 days ago.

Keep in mind that this feed is their beta feed, so you never know what their gonna try or when their gonna try it!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (06-05-2013), The_Durben (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,548 Times in 3,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I didn't want to be the one to bust any bubbles. I left an old widget on my iPad and it just started working again about 10 days ago.

Keep in mind that this feed is their beta feed, so you never know what their gonna try or when their gonna try it!
    Ah.. I always learn something new from you, Brian. I had no idea we were building our whole widget code backbone on a 'beta' feed. Silly. I would have strongly politicked against that. :/
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-05-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This has been a problem haunting several people here for the last several months. It doesn't have anything to do with the MyLocation app. That's working perfectly. It also doesn't have to do with the widget itself in MOST cases.. When several of us had this problem of no update we found the problem only went away when we went into Settings--> General --> Reset All Settings. This doesn't kill your Jailbreak but does erase many setup things on your phone that you then have to re-set up. BUT the widgets start refreshing again on their own. So there's hope. We don't know why some phones need this drastic step. But it does solve the problem for some (like me).

For others that didn't work. They needed an even more drastic step: to erase all jailbreak tweaks from Cydia with a tool called iLex RAT. The theory being some tweak from Cydia is interfering with the auto updating of the widgets. That solved it for the rest of the people.

But the "simplest" fix to try first - which has worked for some -- is to simply Reset Location & Privacy Settings.

Try that first. You will lose all remembered Wifi networks.. But that's better than the Reset All function.

Let us know.
    I reset all settings and now weather refresh only when i move from a place ti another, it seems that when i rest in a determinate place weather doesn't refresh..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rioo90 View Post
    I reset all settings and now weather refresh only when i move from a place ti another, it seems that when i rest in a determinate place weather doesn't refresh..
    I'm not sure what you are expecting. Is your actual weather change change outside, but your phone doesn't?

I've never heard of it only updating while you travel.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what you are expecting. Is your actual weather change change outside, but your phone doesn't?

I've never heard of it only updating while you travel.
    For example, if i move from new york to boston weather refresh.
    If I stay all day at home weather doesn't refresh!!

Thanks

For example, if i move from new york to boston weather refresh.
    If I stay all day at home weather doesn't refresh!!
    You are the first person to ever report this since we developed GPS weather. I have no idea what to tell you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (06-06-2013)

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,270 Times in 2,179 Posts

maybe when you stay at home all day the weather doesn't change in your city... not very probable tho

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can someone please post a link where i can find any instructions to set the widjet??

Thanks

You are the first person to ever report this since we developed GPS weather. I have no idea what to tell you.
    Well not exactly. I have intermittency with that issue for a while now myself. It just happened again this morning. Left phone on all night. Looked at the phone this morning when I woke up. Drifter's Independent Element Temp widget read 54 degrees. I thought, that can't be right.. Resprang.. Then it read 59 degrees. That was more correct. The 5 degree change proves that it wasn't just a "between refresh interval" wait that accounted for it not being current. But the widget hadn't auto updated data for likely hours while the phone was asleep.

Also strange that the simple "waking up" of the phone didn't auto refresh which I thought for sure refreshed the widgets. I could be wrong there though. But my widgets auto update with MyLocation perfectly, town to town traveling, since my Reset All Settings 7 weeks ago. And UniAW always updates properly. Other widgets have the issue I'm describing.

I believe UniAW6 has a couple of safeguards built in - some kind of every 7 second check with the feed that keeps it current.. We talked about that weeks ago. And the cookie thing Dacal built in. There are a bunch of things in UniAW that seem to keep IT more current than other widgets. I don't see this lag with UniAW, but I have to add my report to Rioo's that I do see this behavior intermittently in all other weather widgets but UniAW.

Can someone please post a link where i can find any instructions to set the widjet??
    There are no instructions. What widget are you talking about - and what do you want to set?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-06-2013 at 06:47 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well not exactly. I have intermittency with that issue for a while now myself. It just happened again this morning. Left phone on all night. Looked at the phone this morning when I woke up. Drifter's Independent Element Temp widget read 54 degrees. I thought, that can't be right.. Resprang.. Then it read 59 degrees. That was more correct. The 5 degree change proves that it wasn't just a "between refresh interval" wait that accounted for it not being current. But the widget hadn't auto updated data for likely hours while the phone was asleep.

Also strange that the simple "waking up" of the phone didn't auto refresh which I thought for sure refreshed the widgets. I could be wrong there though. But my widgets auto update with MyLocation perfectly, town to town traveling, since my Reset All Settings 7 weeks ago. And UniAW always updates properly. Other widgets have the issue I'm describing.

I believe UniAW6 has a couple of safeguards built in - some kind of every 7 second check with the feed that keeps it current.. We talked about that weeks ago. And the cookie thing Dacal built in. There are a bunch of things in UniAW that seem to keep IT more current than other widgets. I don't see this lag with UniAW, but I have to add my report to Rioo's that I do see this behavior intermittently in all other weather widgets but UniAW.

There are no instructions. What widget are you talking about - and what do you want to set?
    I'm Talking about the htc One x weather widjet v2 black posted here by schnedi!
    I just want to fix the problem of refreshing when i stay in a determinated place

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what I am curious about...
    I have a Android Samsung S4 and all (4 different widgets) the weather widgets that I have work 4 day 5 day forecasts.

I know at least 1 uses Yahoo for its weather source.
    So is this isolated to iDevices?

Kinda weird, isn't it?
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks

I'm Talking about the htc One x weather widjet v2 black posted here by schnedi!
    I just want to fix the problem of refreshing when i stay in a determinated place
    So after you did the Reset All Settings the HTC widget started auto updating your location when moving from city to city?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    You know what I am curious about...
    I have a Android Samsung S4 and all (4 different widgets) the weather widgets that I have work 4 day 5 day forecasts.

I know at least 1 uses Yahoo for its weather source.
    So is this isolated to iDevices?

Kinda weird, isn't it?
    I am assuming that all your widgets are from a type of app store and not privately coded by hobbyists?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mentop (06-06-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I am assuming that all your widgets are from a type of app store and not privately coded by hobbyists?
    Well yes I did download them form the Google Play store.
    They have been created by individual developer and not corporations though is that is what you mean
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Well yes I did download them form the Google Play store.
    They have been created by individual developer and not corporations though is that is what you mean
    Yes, but still the ones that I have seen are developed around legitimate feeds that are freely offered. Where the ones here are based on developmental feeds that we use/find on our own.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So after you did the Reset All Settings the HTC widget started auto updating your location when moving from city to city?
    Yes!! But if i stay in Office as this afternoon weather doesn't update!! Until doing manually!!

Minimalistic Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,270 Times in 2,179 Posts

Yes!! But if i stay in Office as this afternoon weather doesn't update!! Until doing manually!!

the issue is because i never updated that widget with the auto update fix.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-06-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    the issue is because i never updated that widget with the auto update fix.
    So this isn't a solution selfmade??

Thanks

Nice to see you around Schnedi!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (06-06-2013)

Thanks

You will have to wait until Schnedi updates updates that one for auto-update. Some don't have that code. So there's nothing wrong with your phone now after the Reset All Settings.

I wonder if Drifter's Indep Elements also don't have "auto refresh" built in when waking from sleep. ?!