+ Reply
Page 258 of 344 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248256257258259260 268 308 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 6872

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX City? Or just the weather itself? Both!
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,288 Times in 5,960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    City? Or just the weather itself?
    Both!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,423 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Both!
    YES! Exciting days ahead!!! Thanks to you and D, both, for pursuing this so vigilantly, Brian - and finding a dev to help with the new tweak. Can't wait to find out who it is.. and see this puppy in action. I'll post some results tonight when I get home. Yahoo feed to Weather.app - definitely consistently different than our current weather widget feeds are getting. Apple must have a 'special line to them'. I'm still getting a closer track with Philly from my hometown using Accuweather than either Weather.app or Yahoo feeds. Native using Yahoo still bugs me no end... BUT -- I'm gonna keep an open mind with this tweak..

Please, if it's not going to be a public beta, include me for private beta.

Thanks!
    Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Yeah. And to have a Yahoo 'feed-change-resistent' permanent solution is SOOOOO inviting to me!!

Well, I know you didn't mean to, but you seized on 3-4 words of my sentence there and made it say something completely different, bro. What I CAN do, and have the experience to do now is 'INFLUENCE' the leaders and movers and shakers of this community toward an end that WILL be beneficial to all. Can you IMAGINE how much your PM box will fill up - when this new Native app DOESN'T autoupdate after they replace an old GPS widget of theirs with a newer version coded with this new NATIVE tweak + new weather widget code?? I'm amazed that you're willing to 'field' those hundreds of PM's that will come your way with the average Joe that's not following any of our conversations here and all they know is that their widgets worked BEFORE (auto-updating wise) and now DON'T. 80% of the fuss in all of Blue's great themes had to do with those of us who'd come from the GPS widget world and tried to use one of Blue's Native weather widgets. He got tons of PM's for this 'lack of functionality' - seeming like the widget was broken. To the average user - after GPS widgets - that's exactly what an non-auto-city-updating widget feels like to the average user --> broken.
    Yes. Me too - when I'm not traveling. But many, many travel and want to see the changes without going into NC. If you don't think it's a majority of users, in the GPS age, that want auto-city-update (GPS, by definition) then we'll politely agree to disagree

Ah, but that's just it, Derrick. If you don't push for auto-city-update - there WON'T be a choice.. at all. We'll be stuck WITHOUT our city updating. YOu really think Widget designers like yourself, Schnedi and all the rest will write your widgets for Yahoo feed, AccuW feed and Native -CHOICE????? Not a chance... If you will -- I will 'bow at your feet'. But you and I know - that ain't gonna happen. Like in the days of Beta versus VHS in the video tape world -- ONE will win out..

Excellent.
    It's the 'if it's not' that worries me.
    Pretty sure I am. Still testing..

And please don't get frustrated with the debate. The debate is VERY good and VERY needed - as ONE idea is going to emerge and inform future widget design. THIS IS the time to have that debate, bro. It is.

Yes. Yes! We agree there. Right now - I need all the battery resources back that I can get.. especially loving UniAW as I do.... and Drifter's Independent Weather elements iWidgets.

And tell me if I'm thinking correctly here, Derrick.. Right now when I use an SB widget and two or more of Drifter's Individual elements iWidgets.. ALL the feed gathering stuff in the Javascript files has to ALL contact Yahoo and get data.. I believe, if I understand the new Native tweak - the widgets themselves would NO LONGER get info FROM feeds. ONLY the the Weather.app would talk to Yahoo - and ALL our widgets would just reference a .plist file with the info already in it.. Right? If that's the case - then it's a REALLY great news scenario for iWidget ABUSERS like me.. LOL!!! Am I correct in my thinking there?
    I'm not worried about PMs or who will make widgets for the tweak or how they go about making them.
    Like I said, our original goal and request is to have it update on its own.
    That includes the city.

"If that didn't happen" personally for me I don't care. I'd use as is.
    If the tweak were out in this state and I made a widget for it you could use it or not.
    Doesn't matter to me as its your phone.

And yes the weather app is calling the data. It places it in an XML file.
    Widgets written read that XML file.
    You could write a widget that uses all the info, one part, or several parts.
    Regardless they would all just read a file on your phone with nothing else to be included other than a refresh interval for that widget to check the file for updated info.

I can't even remember what else you wrote after typing this far.

I'm done on this today.

I was told that even though there isn't an app, they have all the stuff still on iOS needed for this to work. The dev has this on his list and was very optimistic that it won't be a problem.
    Possibly not entirely true. Will not work on an iPad that does not have Siri
    Unless iPad 2 has some sort of weather in NC I don't think it will work in that.
    I don't have a 2 so I don't know for sure but I don't think it does.
    I do know on my 3 that Siri utilizes the iPad weather library when you ask for current weather/forecast which is why it could work in those iPads.

If someone with a iPad 2 wants to check in ifile System/Library/Assistant/UIPlugins/
    For WeatherAssistantUI.assistantUIBundle
    Then it would possibly work. But if the files aren't there it won't (even if that part does get going on iPads that do have the bundles)
    Last edited by The_Durben; 06-03-2013 at 05:27 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Yes, I agree with you on the iPad Derrick. But the dev had said this early on in our emails:

"Took a quick look with my iPad 2 this morning and looks like the communication works with a manually entered woeid. I think I will do a little investigating on how I can capture web transaction, then it would make it much easier for any device."

I guess we'll see bud. I have a couple of iPad 2's, so I can test if he comes up with something.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    And yes the weather app is calling the data. It places it in an XML file.
    Widgets written read that XML file.
    You could write a widget that uses all the info, one part, or several parts.
    Regardless they would all just read a file on your phone with nothing else to be included other than a refresh interval for that widget to check the file for updated info.
    Ooo.. This is the most intriguing aspect. I might have to get over all my other considerations - just to have THIS ability.. No more resource drain (from accessing feed data) no matter how many widgets I'm running. That's worth 'putting up with whatever'.. even lousy Yahoo reporting for suburbs within 15 miles of major cities.

Thanks for that little piece of data. I'll leave it alone now, D.

Are we now 'days', or 'weeks' away from a beta? I know that's hard to lock into.. But any thoughts?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I agree with you on the iPad Derrick. But the dev had said this early on in our emails:

"Took a quick look with my iPad 2 this morning and looks like the communication works with a manually entered woeid. I think I will do a little investigating on how I can capture web transaction, then it would make it much easier for any device."

I guess we'll see bud. I have a couple of iPad 2's, so I can test if he comes up with something.
    Ahh yeah you're right I remember that.
    I do think he will have an easier time on the ones with the bundles.
    I guess we will see how he does it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), NewdestinyX (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Are we now 'days', or 'weeks' away from a beta? I know that's hard to lock into.. But any thoughts?
    If I had to guess, I think we are still a couple of weeks away. But sometimes the progress is leaps and other times it baby steps.

But this is purely a guess!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Destan (06-04-2013), RKO1195 (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks

If I had to guess, I think we are still a couple of weeks away. But sometimes the progress is leaps and other times it baby steps.

But this is purely a guess!
    Lets just say end of summer and when it's sooner we will be like "surprise"

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Destan (06-04-2013), King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), RKO1195 (06-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Is there a different thread to follow that progress or will it be shared here?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyZ83 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DannyZ83 View Post
    Is there a different thread to follow that progress or will it be shared here?
    We haven't discussed it, but I would think we will start a new thread. But I'm sure we will announce that here and on the UniAW thread as well as possibly a few others. Hell, we don't even have a real name for it yet!

Oooo, I like that better!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 06-03-2013 at 06:18 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (06-03-2013), NewdestinyX (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Lol!! Got it.. I think for sure you want to get it out to the masses before iOS7 or the new iPhone are out. People are on a mass exodus plan then to the newer better thing.. In betas for real tech companies I've done. It moves from Alpha to Beta - when each Alpha team member is reporting the same results and general functionality and can report positive results with the dev's earmarked functionalities. Then it goes to beta. But you guys prolly already know that..

Keep up the great work!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Alright so I'm new to this whole GPS weather widget stuff, just jumped onto it and quickly found out that yahoo pulled the kill switch in what you guys were using with MyLocation right? I installed GPS Weather Lockscreen instead, was this alright or no? But now that the GPS thing is all messed up, is it pointless to have MyLocation installed to use iWidgets or no? I punched in my woeid with the GPS toggle flipped off and it will show nothing but Vancouver (Durben's Throwback Widget for e6), this is with GPS Weather Lockscreen/MyLocation uninstalled.

Specifically referring to Durben's iWidgets for e6 in Rob's repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hi. is this widget on the middle is still available? for iphone 5? i want to purchase. post # 983
    Last edited by meowchie; 06-04-2013 at 02:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys , can I have some help? Sorry if the answer was already posted , but how do I solve the problems of any widget using forecast ? It doesn't display the forecast and gives either a wait dude or Internet?. Help is very much appreciated , thanks in advance!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Alright so I'm new to this whole GPS weather widget stuff, just jumped onto it and quickly found out that yahoo pulled the kill switch in what you guys were using with MyLocation right? I installed GPS Weather Lockscreen instead, was this alright or no? But now that the GPS thing is all messed up, is it pointless to have MyLocation installed to use iWidgets or no? I punched in my woeid with the GPS toggle flipped off and it will show nothing but Vancouver (Durben's Throwback Widget for e6), this is with GPS Weather Lockscreen/MyLocation uninstalled.

Specifically referring to Durben's iWidgets for e6 in Rob's repo.
    Did you read the MyLocation app instructions and setup in Kong_O_Hill's signature to a tee?? It explains everything you need to do to get it working perfectly. Try that - and then come back if you have any other questions/problems, Diz!

Grant

Thanks

Did you read the MyLocation app instructions and setup in Kong_O_Hill's signature to a tee?? It explains everything you need to do to get it working perfectly. Try that - and then come back if you have any other questions/problems, Diz!

Grant
    Isn't GPS broken though because of Yahoo?

Thanks

No, there isn't any problem with the myLocation app, it works perfectly!

Just so you know, it's only function is to generate a myLocation.txt file in your "Documents" folder. Then it is up to your widget to use these coordinates to obtain the needed data.

Yahoo altered their feed call, so we needed to make a slight change in each widgets code to get the correct response.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (06-04-2013), The_Durben (06-04-2013)

Thanks

Nope. They have nothing to do with each other. Yahoo based weather widgets stopped working for a while because Yahoo changed their feed content. There are fixes for that now. But myLocation never stopped working.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-04-2013)

Thanks

I PM'd you a proper MyLocation app.
    Same one that is in Kings signature link if you grabbed his already.

For the widgets using a manual entered woeid you need GPS off and replace 9807 in the woeid with your city code. Once you type it you need to hit return/done on the keyboard to set it otherwise it reverts back to 9807 (Vancouver)

33. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-04-2013)

Thanks

No, there isn't any problem with the myLocation app, it works perfectly!

Just so you know, it's only function is to generate a myLocation.txt file in your "Documents" folder. Then it is up to your widget to use these coordinates to obtain the needed data.

Yahoo altered their feed call, so we needed to make a slight change in each widgets code to get the correct response.
    Ah, I guess I was a reading the postings back in early April a little too harshly then - everybody made it seem like Yahoo screwed everyone for good, haha. Awesome, thanks man.

I PM'd you a proper MyLocation app.
    Same one that is in Kings signature link if you grabbed his already.

For the widgets using a manual entered woeid you need GPS off and replace 9807 in the woeid with your city code. Once you type it you need to hit return/done on the keyboard to set it otherwise it reverts back to 9807 (Vancouver)
    Alright, that's where I had another question going the woeid route - do you even need MyLocation installed that way? Because before I had GPS Weather LS installed and punched in my id (hitting done on the KB) it still reverted back to Vancouver.