+ Reply
Page 257 of 349 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247255256257258259 267 307 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6974

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Krima This sounds really awesome Durben. I personally never had an issue with pulling down the NC to change my location for native weather widgets. I don't
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    This sounds really awesome Durben. I personally never had an issue with pulling down the NC to change my location for native weather widgets.

I don't understand Grants issue with it being 1 degree off like he stated earlier. Seems a silly thing to be concerned about but that's just me I guess.

Thanks for the updates Durben and King.
    I agree with the pulling down NC
    I use MyLocation app like that now. Open turn on/off to set city.
    One reason is because I just don't see the need for it to be constantly running in the BG for me. The other reason is I like to see what apps are actually using my location service. If its one I don't want to I'll see the icon in star bar and know. If MyLocation is running I always see it. I could always go to settings and check or turn off but it's good for new apps to see this way.
    This tweak presently is no different to doing what I do with MyLocation.

Not saying it shouldn't auto update as it would be a nice benefit. The greater benefit right now is we are pulling the info the phone already checks for on its own. And it's doing it without using many resources at all (battery/ram)

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Sounds Awesome Durben, looking forward to being able to play with this when its finally released
    I think you will like this option my man. It's been fun so far.
    Pretty simply done. In the js the forecast scripts (daily/hourly) probably account for 2/3 of the whole js
    Really not much to it for all the info we are currently getting.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I hear you, D. Still very intrigued. The only time you'll hear me "pushing an agenda" is in these early days when 'precedent is being set'.. Although I hear you saying that "we just wanna give you another option" - you and I both know that widget designers will end up favoring "one".. I just want to make sure "that one" is auto-updating for city. Whether it's based on Yahoo or not (which Native is) is really less of an issue when I'm trying to be an "influencing voice" for the community's interests as a whole. I accept that my Yahoo issue is personal (though I'm not alone by any means). But not auto-updating for City would be a bad idea "for the community" (in my strong, informed conviction).

But once one surfaces as the mainstay I won't be an azz about it. I'll support it. But in this "influence" period - "Old Grant" is back for awhile.. .. It's nothing personal, D. Wind in your sails. This argument for auto city update is just about what's best for the community. We see that point differently. No big.
    We don't see that point differently. I would live to have it change cities with ease in the background.
    It's what we are trying to get presently.
    Aside from that particular part, this is already a fully functioning tweak. It just works.

And you can't speak on "what's best for the community" as a whole.
    I can tell you for certain there's a lot if users like me who don't leave MyLocation app running.
    Likely as many that do. Personal choice as I noted my reasons above.
    Many people in this community would use this tweak as it is right now.

Still doesn't mean we aren't pushing for the GPS piece to get added. If its at all possible it will be.

You still didn't answer on the "are you happy with your weather apps info?"

Cause if your not, there's no point in even considering this tweak as that is the info your gonna see.
    For me I'm quite happy with my weather apps info. Accurate for me all the time.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 06-03-2013 at 01:58 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), Krima (06-03-2013), The.Drifter (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,720 Times in 4,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I agree with the pulling down NC
    I use MyLocation app like that now. Open turn on/off to set city.
    One reason is because I just don't see the need for it to be constantly running in the BG for me.
    From how King explained it to me, the MyLocation app doesn't run always in the background, D. At least not how it seems you're implying; using resources.
    This tweak presently is no different to doing what I do with MyLocation.

Not saying it shouldn't auto update as it would be a nice benefit.
    I use the MyLoc app similarly when at home. But we live in the world of GPS now. My main beef is that it seems like you'd be ready to release it without even an option for GPS auto-update of city... At least with myLocation App we have an option of it changing cities automatically for those of us who do a lot of traveling.
    The greater benefit right now is we are pulling the info the phone already checks for on its own. And it's doing it without using many resources at all (battery/ram)
    I don't think the current scripts in GPS weather widgets use more resources.. do they? If so - how? Just wanna get myself more educated. You guys are the teachers. I'm a learner here on this topic.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

From how King explained it to me, the MyLocation app doesn't run always in the background, D. At least not how it seems you're implying; using resources. I use the MyLoc app similarly when at home. But we live in the world of GPS now. My main beef is that it seems like you'd be ready to release it without even an option for GPS auto-update of city... At least with myLocation App we have an option of it changing cities automatically for those of us who do a lot of traveling. I don't think the current scripts in GPS weather widgets use more resources.. do they? If so - how? Just wanna get myself more educated. You guys are the teachers. I'm a learner here on this topic.
    MyLocation -> if Sig.Change is on it is running. It doesn't use much resources but the fact is if you turn it on its on. I don't. No matter what argument you provide to the contrary ill not use it that way unless I'm testing something that needs it. Otherwise it's off.

If "We were ready to release the tweak as is" it would have been done. You're putting words in my mouth.
    All I said was its working. And can work as is.

As for the resource stuff, I've been running the lock all day for days.
    My battery is showing better results than if I was using one of my Yahoo based locks.
    I've no idea why though. I'm not arguining this point further cause all I mean is for a tweak and a lock, it's very light on the phone which is a good thing.
    If I said wow this tweak is awesome but kills your battery and uses 150mb of ram you'd have a whole different argument.

And your still replying without even answering if your happy with your weather app lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The.Drifter (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    We don't see that point differently. I would love to have it change cities with ease in the background. It's what we are trying to get presently. Aside from that particular part, this is already a fully functioning tweak. It just works.
    Yeah. And to have a Yahoo 'feed-change-resistent' permanent solution is SOOOOO inviting to me!!

And you can't speak on "what's best for the community" as a whole.
    Well, I know you didn't mean to, but you seized on 3-4 words of my sentence there and made it say something completely different, bro. What I CAN do, and have the experience to do now is 'INFLUENCE' the leaders and movers and shakers of this community toward an end that WILL be beneficial to all. Can you IMAGINE how much your PM box will fill up - when this new Native app DOESN'T autoupdate after they replace an old GPS widget of theirs with a newer version coded with this new NATIVE tweak + new weather widget code?? I'm amazed that you're willing to 'field' those hundreds of PM's that will come your way with the average Joe that's not following any of our conversations here and all they know is that their widgets worked BEFORE (auto-updating wise) and now DON'T. 80% of the fuss in all of Blue's great themes had to do with those of us who'd come from the GPS widget world and tried to use one of Blue's Native weather widgets. He got tons of PM's for this 'lack of functionality' - seeming like the widget was broken. To the average user - after GPS widgets - that's exactly what an non-auto-city-updating widget feels like to the average user --> broken.
    I can tell you for certain there's a lot of users like me who don't leave MyLocation app running. Likely as many that do.
    Yes. Me too - when I'm not traveling. But many, many travel and want to see the changes without going into NC. If you don't think it's a majority of users, in the GPS age, that want auto-city-update (GPS, by definition) then we'll politely agree to disagree
    Personal choice as I noted my reasons above.
    Ah, but that's just it, Derrick. If you don't push for auto-city-update - there WON'T be a choice.. at all. We'll be stuck WITHOUT our city updating. YOu really think Widget designers like yourself, Schnedi and all the rest will write your widgets for Yahoo feed, AccuW feed and Native -CHOICE????? Not a chance... If you will -- I will 'bow at your feet'. But you and I know - that ain't gonna happen. Like in the days of Beta versus VHS in the video tape world -- ONE will win out..

Still doesn't mean we aren't pushing for the GPS piece to get added.
    Excellent.
    If its at all possible it will be.
    It's the 'if it's not' that worries me.
    You still didn't answer on the "are you happy with your weather apps info?"

Cause if your not, there's no point in even considering this tweak as that is the info your gonna see.
    For me I'm quite happy with my weather apps info. Accurate for me all the time.
    Pretty sure I am. Still testing..

And please don't get frustrated with the debate. The debate is VERY good and VERY needed - as ONE idea is going to emerge and inform future widget design. THIS IS the time to have that debate, bro. It is.

As for the resource stuff, I've been running the lock all day for days.
    My battery is showing better results than if I was using one of my Yahoo based locks.
    I've no idea why though. I'm not arguining this point further cause all I mean is for a tweak and a lock, it's very light on the phone which is a good thing.
    If I said wow this tweak is awesome but kills your battery and uses 150mb of ram you'd have a whole different argument.
    Yes. Yes! We agree there. Right now - I need all the battery resources back that I can get.. especially loving UniAW as I do.... and Drifter's Independent Weather elements iWidgets.

And tell me if I'm thinking correctly here, Derrick.. Right now when I use an SB widget and two or more of Drifter's Individual elements iWidgets.. ALL the feed gathering stuff in the Javascript files has to ALL contact Yahoo and get data.. I believe, if I understand the new Native tweak - the widgets themselves would NO LONGER get info FROM feeds. ONLY the the Weather.app would talk to Yahoo - and ALL our widgets would just reference a .plist file with the info already in it.. Right? If that's the case - then it's a REALLY great news scenario for iWidget ABUSERS like me.. LOL!!! Am I correct in my thinking there?
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-03-2013 at 02:37 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,545 Times in 2,383 Posts

I know I'm just one person that can't INFLUENCE the movers and shakers of this community but I too do not leave my location app running. I launch it to retrieve my new location and then turn it off. This is exactly the "functionality" that Durben has said SO many times that this tweak provides.

So from my end it seems to offer the same benefit of my location. I personally do not know a SINGLE person that leaves the location app running ALL the time.

How bout we wait until the tweak comes out before we start criticizing it and saying that many users will not be satisfied. That's like criticizing a movie SOLEY based on the trailer. Just wait and then speak.

FYI. LockHTML just got a very cool update today. Some very cool extra features including the ability to edit widget location without having to go into ifile.
    Last edited by Krima; 06-03-2013 at 03:19 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

I leave it running all the time. I notice no battery change so why the hell not?

Also I'm lazy.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So from my end it seems to offer the same benefit of my location. I personally do not know a SINGLE person that leaves the location app running ALL the time.
    I don't believe this for a second, bro. Not one bit. If we did a poll tomorrow. The vast majority would tell you they leave it on. Firstly because those of us who know it doesn't draw many resources have told people in thread after thread to not worry about it. It's only those of us who are 'RAM freaks (you, me, Pinoy, King, probably Derrick)' that would be worried about miniscule resource drain with MyLoc app set with Sig Change on all the time. It's just a non-issue with most users. I'd put 'good money' on a bet that I'm pretty sure I'd win there, bro.

How bout we wait until the tweak comes out before we start criticizing it and saying that many users will not be satisfied. That's like criticizing a movie SOLEY based on the trailer. Just wait and then speak.
    By ALL means - let's release this puppy and get it out into public beta!! I hope they're not just waiting on 'me' - and my auto-city-update concerns... That would be silly. Let's field test this puppy now!! I'm SO game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks

@NewDestiny. Read my post again, bro. I said I PERSONALLY do not know anyone that leaves it on. "Personally" being the operative word. So lets take that bet because I would win. Lol.

Also u seem like a person that considers them-self a student of politics so you should know that the person that speaks the LOUDEST doesn't always represent the MAJORITY.
    Last edited by Krima; 06-03-2013 at 02:52 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), Simon (06-03-2013)

Thanks

@NewDestiny. Read my post again, bro. I said I PERSONALLY do not know anyone that leaves it on. "Personally" being the operative word. So lets take that bet because I would win. Lol.
    Wow -- I guess you HAVE been gone a while. I 'personally' am 'acquainted' with many who do leave it on. They've PM'ed if it's OK to.. And I've told them - YES.. ALL MY GURU friends (meaning you guys) have said there's minimal to NO drain.. LOL!!!!! Now if you're telling me otherwise.. Wow.. I hate to pass on bad info - when I've thought all along it was good..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does anyone know how I can add 0 digit to 12 hour clock so that instead of showing 9:00, I would like to show 09:00. Here is my code, don't know what to change.

Code:
    <script>
    var Clock = "12h";
    var days = ["Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday"];
    var months=["01","02","03","04","05","06","07","08","09","10","11","12"];
    function updateClock() {
    var currentTime = new Date();
    var currentHours = currentTime.getHours();
    var currentMinutes = currentTime.getMinutes() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getMinutes() : currentTime.getMinutes();
    var currentDate = currentTime.getDate() < 10 ? '0' + currentTime.getDate() : currentTime.getDate();
    var currentYear = currentTime.getFullYear();
    timeOfDay = ( currentHours < 12 ) ? "AM" : "PM";
    if (Clock == "24h") {
    timeOfDay = "";
    currentHours = ( currentHours < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;}
    if (Clock == "12h") {
    currentHours = ( currentHours > 12 ) ? currentHours - 12 : currentHours;
    currentHours = ( currentHours == 0 ) ? 12 : currentHours;
    currentTimeString = currentHours + ":" + currentMinutes;}
    document.getElementById("hour").innerHTML = currentHours;
    document.getElementById("minute").innerHTML = currentMinutes;
    document.getElementById("ampm").innerHTML = timeOfDay;
    document.getElementById("weekday").innerHTML = days[currentTime.getDay()];
    document.getElementById("date").innerHTML = currentDate;
    document.getElementById("month").innerHTML = months[currentTime.getMonth()];}
    function init(){
    updateClock();
    setInterval("updateClock();", 1000);}
    </script>

Thanks

Also u seem like a person that considers them-self a student of politics so you should know that the person that speaks the LOUDEST doesn't always represent the MAJORITY.
    Granted.... But sometimes it's necessary for a 'louder' voice to speak up for a 'silent majority'. I hope, on this issue, to speak for the scores of 'average non-code-head' noobs and users.. who just want the most basic of functionality, GPS location finding, to work on their phones in their widgets.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow -- I guess you HAVE been gone a while. I 'personally' am 'acquainted' with many who do leave it on. They've PM'ed if it's OK to.. And I've told them - YES.. ALL MY GURU friends (meaning you guys) have said there's minimal to NO drain.. LOL!!!!! Now if you're telling me otherwise.. Wow.. I hate to pass on bad info - when I've thought all along it was good..
    I NEVER made the argument about resources. You are taking your position with Durben and applying it to me. Try to stay on point with our discussions, meaning refute points I make and not someone else's.

I think u missed my entire point about this tweak and my location offering the same function of refreshing your location on launch. I'll break it down again. When u launch the my location app and turn on sig it updates your location. When u pull down NC it updates your location as long as u have it set for local weather. So these two things offer the same function with regards to using them this way. This is what I said and I think u mudded the water a bit by applying a previous discussion u had with someone else.

I have been gone but I think I can remember the point I was making. Damn I'm back baby. All it took was one disagreement with Grant, thanks buddy.

@King This is for you. WARCRAFT!!!!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), Simon (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I leave it running all the time. I notice no battery change so why the hell not?
    Because there is no real drain, KraXik.. wink..wink... Some of us are battery-drain-ophobic.. Me too.. MyLoc app on or off has no discernible battery drain of any kind in my personal testing. Be at peace leaving it on.

I think u missed my entire point about this tweak and my location offering the same function of refreshing your location on launch. I'll break it down again. When u launch the my location app and turn on sig it updates your location. When u pull down NC it updates your location as long as u have it set for local weather. So these two things offer the same function with regards to using them this way. This is what I said and I think u mudded the water a bit by applying a previous discussion u had with someone else.

I have been gone but I think I can remember the point I was making. Damn I'm back baby. All it took was one disagreement with Grant, thanks buddy.

@King This is for you. WARCRAFT!!!!
    Lol!! Same ol' Krima! .. Glad to have you back, bro. Didn't miss your point at all. But you did challenge me to not judge the functionality of the new King/Durben tweak. That aligned you with D's arguments, bro. Fair game to blast you.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,858 Times in 6,161 Posts

Wow, didn't mean to start this!

Ok, first the myLocation app is very light on resources, and yes I do leave it on 24/7.

I have also been using the new tweak since the first alpha release and I can say that the version that I have now is updating automatically!

It still needs some tweaking to get it where we want it, then maybe there will be a beta release to a larger group.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks

It's all your FAULT King. Just take some responsibility.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,053 Times in 6,933 Posts

What is going on here???
    Oh, it's just you guys. Nvmd, carry on

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), MamaJaay (06-03-2013), NewdestinyX (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

Durben, KOH, what about iPads that have no native weather app?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), NewdestinyX (06-03-2013), Simon (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,858 Times in 6,161 Posts

I was told that even though there isn't an app, they have all the stuff still on iOS needed for this to work. The dev has this on his list and was very optimistic that it won't be a problem.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (06-03-2013), Simon (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,672 Times in 4,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I was told that even though there isn't an app, they have all the stuff still on iOS needed for this to work. The dev has this on his list and was very optimistic that it won't be a problem.
    Thank you

37. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Wow, didn't mean to start this!

Ok, first the myLocation app is very light on resources, and yes I do leave it on 24/7.
    Ah.. cool. Pretty sure I had that right (lite on resources) - on good authority.. You!
    I have also been using the new tweak since the first alpha release and I can say that the version that I have now is updating automatically!
    City? Or just the weather itself?

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post: