+ Reply
Page 256 of 355 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246254255256257258 266 306 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX I use Native weather by choosing specific cities. I never use "current location". Current today (Wayne): Yahoo widgets: current: 85 hi/low: 86/69 Native Weather: current: 84
...
  1. #5101
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,341
    Thanks
    41,377
    Thanked 17,483 Times in 6,391 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I use Native weather by choosing specific cities. I never use "current location".

    Current today (Wayne):

    Yahoo widgets:
    current: 85 hi/low: 86/69

    Native Weather:
    current: 84 hi/low: 86/70

    Next 4 days of forecasting same 1 degree differences each day.
    I am interested in how accuweather compares to your stock app using current location. I'm just trying to get a feel to how they compare.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  2. #5102
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    4,218
    Thanked 9,026 Times in 4,531 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I am interested in how accuweather compares to your stock app using current location. I'm just trying to get a feel to how they compare.
    Okay, bro. So what type of data do you want me to send? What's my testing setup ?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. #5103
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,341
    Thanks
    41,377
    Thanked 17,483 Times in 6,391 Posts

    Just give me the comparison between the accuweather info compared to the stock app info. At least all the info for the current day and maybe a day or 2 of forecast. I just want to see how it compares for your area under normal conditions.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  4. #5104
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    is accuweather the solution to the 2+ day weather forecast that you were talking about?

  5. #5105
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Hello , i got a problem with the jellybean iwidget, i always get the 'Wait Dude!!" and there is no weather displayed. ive already : swapped the location file to both options 1 and 2
    triple check my woeid and hit enter when inputting it in.

    still nothing works, some help is much appreciated , made a account just for this and already skimmed through the 200+ pages in this topic. thanks in advance

  6. #5106
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,341
    Thanks
    41,377
    Thanked 17,483 Times in 6,391 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slayerx44 View Post
    Hello , i got a problem with the jellybean iwidget, i always get the 'Wait Dude!!" and there is no weather displayed. ive already : swapped the location file to both options 1 and 2
    triple check my woeid and hit enter when inputting it in.

    still nothing works, some help is much appreciated , made a account just for this and already skimmed through the 200+ pages in this topic. thanks in advance
    Yahoo changed the XML request for the forecast. Find "Marty McFly" and check his sig for the fix. Look for him in the UniAW6 thread.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  8. #5107
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    i followed the instructions really carefully but still nothing?
    [Tweak] iWidgets-image_zpsfc703787.png
    this is what it should look like :

    var url="http://xml.weather.yahoo.com/forecastrss/"+zip+"&u="+tempUnit+"&d=5.xml";

    din't key in anything wrong did i?
    Last edited by slayerx44; 06-03-2013 at 06:50 AM.

  9. #5108
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    4,218
    Thanked 9,026 Times in 4,531 Posts

    I originally posted this in the Elite thread - but the discussion more properly belongs here I think.. About King and Durben's progress on a new weather data paradigm:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Alpha testing is already being done by a few of us. Beta for all will be soon I'm hoping. Few things to work out still. Including the auto update part (although may/may not be working right now) I'm checking later without touching my phone at all.
    Presently though all info updates on its own. City changes when NC is pulled down or weather app is opened and the file updates that on its next set interval. It may be changing on its own though. Something ill check today as previously we had been opening NC to check if it had updated which kicked in the new location.
    Regardless there's a gps portion being built into the tweak, kinda like tricking the weather app to think it did it itself and parse the info accordingly. Needless to say I'm extremely happy with seeing this become a reality. Very very pleased so far
    Excited to hear progress. The weather auto updating is a particular WIN for you guys since that was working BEFORE iOS6 but not after. The city auto updating, though, is the price of my ultimate switchover to it - AND - if the 'level' of Yahoo service is as accurate for small suburbs close to major cities.

    I finally learned yesterday that Native uses Yahoo (information was being 'withheld' from me in my early questions about Native ). And you know how I feel about Yahoo. But in my early tests the weather data from our Yahoo widgets does NOT match the data I see in the Weather.app. That means Apple's feed from Yahoo is DIFFERENT than our XML one in the widgets. Interesting. So if the Native feed is more 'accurate' I may be won back over..

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Just give me the comparison between the accuweather info compared to the stock app info. At least all the info for the current day and maybe a day or 2 of forecast. I just want to see how it compares for your area under normal conditions.
    Will do shortly, bro.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  11. #5109
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,944
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quite simply Grant, when the tweak is released, you try it.
    You don't like the info provided, you go back to accuweather as it suits you best.
    Personally I'd use this tweak as is (even without the city update on its own, I don't use MyLocation right now as always on so it's virtually the same. Open NC to get my city or turn sig change on off to set city)
    Not saying I don't want it to be automatic, that would be great but I can definitely live without it.
    Although its possible we already have the city update on its own. Brian is testing more today.

    This is so easy to write out widgets to grab the info. Info your phone sends/receives requests for already.
    Think of how we do things now. You need a config to set up widgets. You need to set up all widgets independently for things like C or F ect.
    With this tweak, almost all if that will be in the Settings app.
    Then every widget based on the tweak will work the same way. No additional setup (unless of course there's variables for things like choosing icon sets and things like that)

    Like I said though, you will either be happy with what your Weather app is providing or you won't.
    You can tell this already by using a local setting for your weather app and see what info is provided.
    If you don't like the Weather app on the phone you won't like the tweak.

    If you do like what the weather app tells you then you'll probably like what we are doing and will likely use it.
    As I mentioned in Ian's thread, we are not trying to replace other methods, we are building an alternate method.
    I use "we" lightly as the majority of the work is being done by the awesome dev who jumped on board with little more than asking "hey, you think you can do this?"

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    blkmini (06-03-2013), June'sIphone (06-05-2013), King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), Krima (06-03-2013), serky (06-04-2013), The.Drifter (06-03-2013)

  13. #5110
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

    This sounds really awesome Durben. I personally never had an issue with pulling down the NC to change my location for native weather widgets.

    I don't understand Grants issue with it being 1 degree off like he stated earlier. Seems a silly thing to be concerned about but that's just me I guess.

    Thanks for the updates Durben and King.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  15. #5111
    Man of iWidgets The.Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    999
    Thanks
    5,107
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Quite simply Grant, when the tweak is released, you try it.
    You don't like the info provided, you go back to accuweather as it suits you best.
    Personally I'd use this tweak as is (even without the city update on its own, I don't use MyLocation right now as always on so it's virtually the same. Open NC to get my city or turn sig change on off to set city)
    Not saying I don't want it to be automatic, that would be great but I can definitely live without it.
    Although its possible we already have the city update on its own. Brian is testing more today.

    This is so easy to write out widgets to grab the info. Info your phone sends/receives requests for already.
    Think of how we do things now. You need a config to set up widgets. You need to set up all widgets independently for things like C or F ect.
    With this tweak, almost all if that will be in the Settings app.
    Then every widget based on the tweak will work the same way. No additional setup (unless of course there's variables for things like choosing icon sets and things like that)

    Like I said though, you will either be happy with what your Weather app is providing or you won't.
    You can tell this already by using a local setting for your weather app and see what info is provided.
    If you don't like the Weather app on the phone you won't like the tweak.

    If you do like what the weather app tells you then you'll probably like what we are doing and will likely use it.
    As I mentioned in Ian's thread, we are not trying to replace other methods, we are building an alternate method.
    I use "we" lightly as the majority of the work is being done by the awesome dev who jumped on board with little more than asking "hey, you think you can do this?"
    Sounds Awesome Durben, looking forward to being able to play with this when its finally released
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 06-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  17. #5112
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,341
    Thanks
    41,377
    Thanked 17,483 Times in 6,391 Posts

    I don't think that Grant was complaining, I was just trying to get a feel for how the Native app compared to Accuweather, as he was one that always had issues with Yahoo. I had asked him to give me that info, because I never had a problem with Yahoo, but I find that Accuweather sucks. So I was just looking for someone to get some reliable data from.

    Don't be hard on him this time, I requested this from him.

    Just wait, I'm sure there'll be something else that you can jump on him for sooner or later!

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    This sounds really awesome Durben. I personally never had an issue with pulling down the NC to change my location for native weather widgets.

    I don't understand Grants issue with it being 1 degree off like he stated earlier. Seems a silly thing to be concerned about but that's just me I guess.

    Thanks for the updates Durben and King.
    Hey bro, hows it going? I don't see you around much, but that's probably because I don't visit as many of the popular theme threads either. I just can't stand the drama. Even today, I poke into e6 and there it was!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  19. #5113
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    4,218
    Thanked 9,026 Times in 4,531 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

    Like I said though, you will either be happy with what your Weather app is providing or you won't.
    You can tell this already by using a local setting for your weather app and see what info is provided.
    If you don't like the Weather app on the phone you won't like the tweak.

    If you do like what the weather app tells you then you'll probably like what we are doing and will likely use it.
    As I mentioned in Ian's thread, we are not trying to replace other methods, we are building an alternate method.
    I use "we" lightly as the majority of the work is being done by the awesome dev who jumped on board with little more than asking "hey, you think you can do this?"
    I hear you, D. Still very intrigued. The only time you'll hear me "pushing an agenda" is in these early days when 'precedent is being set'.. Although I hear you saying that "we just wanna give you another option" - you and I both know that widget designers will end up favoring "one".. I just want to make sure "that one" is auto-updating for city. Whether it's based on Yahoo or not (which Native is) is really less of an issue when I'm trying to be an "influencing voice" for the community's interests as a whole. I accept that my Yahoo issue is personal (though I'm not alone by any means). But not auto-updating for City would be a bad idea "for the community" (in my strong, informed conviction).

    But once one surfaces as the mainstay I won't be an azz about it. I'll support it. But in this "influence" period - "Old Grant" is back for awhile.. .. It's nothing personal, D. Wind in your sails. This argument for auto city update is just about what's best for the community. We see that point differently. No big.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-03-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  21. #5114
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I don't think that Grant was complaining, I was just trying to get a feel for how the Native app compared to Accuweather, as he was one that always had issues with Yahoo. I had asked him to give me that info, because I never had a problem with Yahoo, but I find that Accuweather sucks. So I was just looking for someone to get some reliable data from.

    Don't be hard on him this time, I requested this from him.

    Just wait, I'm sure there'll be something else that you can jump on him for sooner or later!



    Hey bro, hows it going? I don't see you around much, but that's probably because I don't visit as many of the popular theme threads either. I just can't stand the drama. Even today, I poke into e6 and there it was!
    What's up man? Yeah I'm not around much either, at least not like before. I'm not feeling the drama as much as I used too u know. A lot of egos and such, which is fine but I'm losing interest in that. Don't know what wrong with me. Lol.

    The only thread I have been a little active in is Motif. Love that theme and the thread has been damn near drama free, outside of just a few quick exchanges.

    Grant, sorry about my post, I was unaware that King asked for comparisons. That's on me.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

  23. #5115
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    4,218
    Thanked 9,026 Times in 4,531 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Grant, sorry about my post, I was unaware that King asked for comparisons. That's on me.
    Yeah. I figured you just weren't caught up, bro. I gave you benefit of the doubt. . All good!

    I'll have to check out motif. I'm wondering where the hoards from e6 have gone. That's down to 2-4 pages a day.. Where's the new "hip/happenin'" thread these days?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), Krima (06-03-2013)

  25. #5116
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah. I figured you just weren't caught up, bro. I gave you benefit of the doubt. . All good!

    I'll have to check out motif. I'm wondering where the hoards from e6 have gone. That's down to 2-4 pages a day.. Where's the new "hip/happenin'" thread these days?
    I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt. I feel like I don't even know u anymore. Lol

    While I don't know if elite people have left for motif, I can say I have. Still love elite and will always use it but my theme preference as of late has been to add a little color to my device. I have ran dark themes for so long that I have decided to change it up a bit. No disrespect to any other theme. This is me for the past 2 weeks.


    You should check it out Grant.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    It's Mi (02-07-2014), King_O_Hill (06-03-2013), The_Durben (06-03-2013)

  27. #5117
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,433
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    What's up man? Yeah I'm not around much either, at least not like before. I'm not feeling the drama as much as I used too u know. A lot of egos and such, which is fine but I'm losing interest in that. Don't know what wrong with me. Lol.

    The only thread I have been a little active in is Motif. Love that theme and the thread has been damn near drama free, outside of just a few quick exchanges.

    Grant, sorry about my post, I was unaware that King asked for comparisons. That's on me.
    Well I'm on my way over to ruin it for you lmao
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

  29. #5118
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,095
    Thanks
    3,970
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 2,416 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Well I'm on my way over to ruin it for you lmao
    Ha. I figured u would. You and I had this conversation already regarding this theme.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    GUNNY29 (06-03-2013), King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

  31. #5119
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,893
    Thanks
    4,218
    Thanked 9,026 Times in 4,531 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt. I feel like I don't even know u anymore. Lol

    While I don't know if elite people have left for motif, I can say I have. Still love elite and will always use it but my theme preference as of late has been to add a little color to my device. I have ran dark themes for so long that I have decided to change it up a bit. No disrespect to any other theme. This is me for the past 2 weeks.


    You should check it out Grant.
    I will indeed! How many pages do I have to get caught up on?? LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Well I'm on my way over to ruin it for you lmao
    ROFL!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (06-03-2013)

  33. #5120
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,341
    Thanks
    41,377
    Thanked 17,483 Times in 6,391 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I will indeed! How many pages do I have to get caught up on?? LOL!
    About 100 or so.

    I bought this theme, and was onboard the first day or 2 prior to release, but then I got tied up in this new tweak thing, and I just never made it back and havent even loaded it yet. I did the same with Shine too.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts