Page 255 of 365 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245253254255256257 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    Just a thought Blue - the plist values for these small widgets are so large that they overlap and cover up any adjacent widgets. This prevents using iWidget Tapper to launch apps from widgets that are adjacent to each other. Just a suggestion, trim down the plist values to the size of the specific widget - it will give the user a lot more flexibility on the Springboard!
    Good point. But I agree with Blue's point here (which is rare that I agree with him ) - but Shine's look is very tied to proper alignment on the shelf. If the Widget.plist were made smaller it would snap upper left and the average Joe won't even know how to make an iWidget wiggle to move it. And those of us who want more flexibility with Shine iWidgets can simply go into the Widget.plist and make them much smaller for our needs. That's good enough for me. Maybe Blue can mention something on page 1 about how to "un-cage" Shine's iWidget size.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Good point. But I agree with Blue's point here (which is rare that I agree with him ) - but Shine's look is very tied to proper alignment on the shelf. If the Widget.plist were made smaller it would snap upper left and the average Joe won't even know how to make an iWidget wiggle to move it. And those of us who want more flexibility with Shine iWidgets can simply go into the Widget.plist and make them much smaller for our needs. That's good enough for me. Maybe Blue can mention something on page 1 about how to "un-cage" Shine's iWidget size.
    Yes, but when you sell them as a stand alone package, the plist size should be the size of the iWidget.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Blue (06-02-2013), joshlogic (06-02-2013), NewdestinyX (06-02-2013), RKO1195 (06-02-2013), Schnedi (06-02-2013), The_Durben (06-02-2013)

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,256 Times in 3,565 Posts

You can make a different plist and copy and paste it into each widget folder, a job done in a minute.

Maybe i'll change that. I got only 3 or 4 request for a different size, but have some hundred users of the megapack.

This means: around 99,5% of the users are satisfied that each widget is always at the same position.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW, CHANGE THE PACKAGE for 0,5 % of the users ?
    Last edited by Blue; 06-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, but when you sell them as a stand alone package, the plist size should be the size of the iWidget.
    Oh, yes!! I should have clarified that aspect. I agree - the standalone widget pak should have widget.plists sized to only the iWidget itself..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    WHAT WOULD YOU DO NOW, CHANGE THE PACKAGE for 0,5 % of the users ?
    Yes. That's the correct thing to do. The % of askers doesn't matter - because most people never ask even if they'd need it.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,256 Times in 3,565 Posts

LOL, a interesting point of view.... if i get hundreds of mails because the widget are not centered anymore i'll forward all mails to you

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    LOL, a interesting point of view.... if i get hundreds of mails because the widget are not centered anymore i'll forward all mails to you
    I doubt that'll happen, sir. .. People who get your standalone widgets from Cydia will have no reference to SHINE - so the lack of 'centering' won't even be something perceivable...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Blue (06-02-2013), joshlogic (06-02-2013)

My location does not show up on the HTC widget. How can i get my location to work?

Quote Originally Posted by schu56 View Post
    My location does not show up on the HTC widget. How can i get my location to work?
    Can you show a screen shot?

By location do you mean city?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

schu56 (06-02-2013)

@King_O_Hill
    When adding the widget my city does not show up on the locale listImageUploadedByModMyi1370199651.193200.jpg

Can you show a screen shot?

By location do you mean city?
    When I am adding the widget to springboard, my city does not show up on the locale listImageUploadedByModMyi1370200010.893547.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by schu56 View Post
    When I am adding the widget to springboard, my city does not show up on the locale listImageUploadedByModMyi1370200010.893547.jpg
    Welcome to accuweather!

All you can do is pick the one nearest to you.

Aren't you all glad you asked for an alternate weather source!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mentop (06-04-2013), schu56 (06-02-2013), The_Durben (06-02-2013)

Welcome to accuweather!

All you can do is pick the one nearest to you.

Aren't you all glad you asked for an alternate weather source!
    Dacal says - there's a fix for this. Just a slightly different feed from Accuweather to get actual city for US coordinates (right now, in US, we're just getting Township names). Or he and Ian will switch to Yahoo for city names. Super easy fix comin'.

Am I glad we asked for a different weather service?! O YES!! Yahoo sucks for weather accuracy for small suburbs near major cities. They admit it - and I say "good riddance" Yahoo. Never goin back there again!

Though I'm still excited about the potential of your and Durben's solution with Native, Brian. Comin' along?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Native uses Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Native uses Yahoo.
    Ah.. Had a sneaky suspicion that was the case.. But each time I asked - didn't get an answer.. .. I won't be using that option then.. Very happy with Accuweather.. Finally after 2 years of Yahoo inaccuracy and constant feed changes.

Though it seems to me that maybe Apple has a special arr with Yahoo to get their API service which may be more accurate. My native weather readout in Weather.app rarely says what our Yahoo weather widgets read. How could that be?

Ah.. Had a sneaky suspicion that was the case.. But each time I asked - didn't get an answer.. .. I won't be using that option then.. Very happy with Accuweather.. Finally after 2 years of Yahoo inaccuracy and constant feed changes.

Though it seems to me that maybe Apple has a special arr with Yahoo to get their API service which may be more accurate. My native weather readout in Weather.app rarely says what our Yahoo weather widgets read. How could that be?
    Open the stock weather app. Do you have it set to use your current location? Is it what you would expect, or something different?

Open the stock weather app. Do you have it set to use your current location? Is it what you would expect, or something different?
    I use Native weather by choosing specific cities. I never use "current location".

Current today (Wayne):

Yahoo widgets:
    current: 85 hi/low: 86/69

Native Weather:
    current: 84 hi/low: 86/70

Next 4 days of forecasting same 1 degree differences each day.

If you would use current location you would get the right temp on stock weather app works fine, and I live in a small town in the country and yahoo is always right for me but I know what you mean about same cond showing but that's just how it is lol but yahoo's fair cond. it's the same is accu sunny they just use different ones is all

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (06-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    If you would use current location you would get the right temp on stock weather app works fine, and I live in a small town in the country and yahoo is always right for me but I know what you mean about same cond showing but that's just how it is lol but yahoo's fair cond. it's the same is accu sunny they just use different ones is all
    This isn't really true in my case, RKO.. I have seen 8 different unique states since using AccuWeather. Variations of clouds and sun.. I've had a Yahoo widget and AccuW set to the identical small suburban town for 72 hours.

On the Yahoo widgets in that period I saw -
    Partly Cloudy, Mostly Cloudy and Fair.

On the AccuW widget set to same town in that period I've seen:
    Clear, Mostly Clear, Sunny, Mostly Sunny, Partly Sunny, Clouds & Sun, Light Rain

Of COURSE, those AccuW conditions tracked very closely with my closest major city (Yahoo readouts)..

Remember my issues with Yahoo have nothing to do with "general accuracy".. They are sucky tracking of suburbs close to major cities and changing feeds on us..

And I don't think Yahoo ever updated to that many unique conditions in 72 hrs ever. Quietly frankly Accu weather is superior as far as I'm concerned -- for MYneeds.....
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 06-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (06-02-2013)

I use Native weather by choosing specific cities. I never use "current location".

Current today (Wayne):

Yahoo widgets:
    current: 85 hi/low: 86/69

Native Weather:
    current: 84 hi/low: 86/70

Next 4 days of forecasting same 1 degree differences each day.
    I am interested in how accuweather compares to your stock app using current location. I'm just trying to get a feel to how they compare.

I am interested in how accuweather compares to your stock app using current location. I'm just trying to get a feel to how they compare.
    Okay, bro. So what type of data do you want me to send? What's my testing setup ?

Page 255 of 365 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245253254255256257 265 305 355 ... LastLast