+ Reply
Page 247 of 355 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237245246247248249 257 297 347 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
What code did you use grant?
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Thanks
    Thanked 16,781 Times in 4,022 Posts

Var locale... Enter your zipcode

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,587 Times in 6,423 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Zip it up?
    At first I was thinking you needed me to send you a file but 3DaysForecastS if s free iWidget in Cydia.

Please help me to understand what your asking,its just not clear.

Thanks
    That widget is very old and needs to be completely rewritten.

Sorry bro, I don't have the time to basically create it from scratch
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,063 Times in 4,556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    The link MJ provided exactly

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Var locale... Enter your zipcode
    I did that. Still nothing.. And then about 15 minutes later - the forecast just appeared! So I'm good now.. But I don't understand why it takes so long to load?? Oh well. Nice to have a 4day back.. Thanks!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,853 Times in 919 Posts

Is there no universal Fix for the Widgets ? Like the location.js before a month or so ?
    Most of my iWidgets dont work and not all have Forecast, why dont work the ones without Forecast too ?

Thanks sooo much !

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That widget is very old and needs to be completely rewritten.

Sorry bro, I don't have the time to basically create it from scratch
    Is it your widget?
    If so I did not know, but it was working up until a few days ago.
    Thats what is puzzling to me as to why it stopped since it uses weather.com.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    Is there no universal Fix for the Widgets ? Like the location.js before a month or so ?
    Most of my iWidgets dont work and not all have Forecast, why dont work the ones without Forecast too ?

Thanks sooo much !
    Just because it doesn't display the forecast, doesn't mean that the code is not in there.

Is it your widget?
    If so I did not know, but it was working up until a few days ago.
    Thats what is puzzling to me as to why it stopped since it uses weather.com.

Thanks
    Not my widget, it's schnedi's. it does use yahoo, as I verified the call in the weather.js file.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Thanks

Just because it doesn't display the forecast, doesn't mean that the code is not in there.

Not my widget, it's schnedi's. it does use yahoo, as I verified the call in the weather.js file.
    Hmmm I then am totally lost.
    When I went into the config file via iFile is said weather.com.
    Ok I'm wrong cause you know a heck of a lot more about this stuff then I do....

Thanks
    Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm also using the 3DaysForecastS widget. At least I was until yesterday. If anyone has a way to get it working again, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blikum View Post
    I'm also using the 3DaysForecastS widget. At least I was until yesterday. If anyone has a way to get it working again, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
    Well now that is really strange to me.....
    Ive been using 3DaysForecastS widget for a while as well and it stopped or vanished on Monday...
    How can it have worked on some devices till yesterday (or is still working) and for others it stopped earlier or last week?

If the service changed shouldn't it have change for all at the same time?
    --
    JW

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just noticed mine was not working yesterday. It may have been earlier, I'm not sure. Either way, I'd still love a fix.

Thanks

Do either of you have an old screen shot so that I can see what it looked like. I may have something else that is all set to go. Just keep in mind that so far there aren't any that use GPS to auto update. They all just use one location.

Thanks

Do either of you have an old screen shot so that I can see what it looked like. I may have something else that is all set to go. Just keep in mind that so far there aren't any that use GPS to auto update. They all just use one location.
    Well no I never took a snapshot myself but if you look at he snapshot in Cydia mine looked just like it.
    Of course it was for my location even though I have GPS Weather, and MyLocation installed as well

Thanks
    --
    JW

Thanks

Default The FIX for our OLDER SB, LS and iWidgets
    Getting these older widgets that include a forecast up and running or even some older ones without forecasts are not too hard to get working again..

For some older ones (like NateD 4dayForecast and Ferlop's Tiger one) you need to replace the location.js with a different one that calls for 'neighborhood' differently. Here it is:
    Location(older).js
    I've named it location(older).js Make sure you make a backup of the location.js you have now and then rename the one I've posted there to location.js so it will work. (but before you try even that....)

That's only ONE issue - that needs to be resolved for some older SB and LS and iWidgets. BUT FIRST TRY this fix for the recent Yahoo change of policy to only send a 1 day forecast down the feed now. That's the problem that's been plaguing most of us lately. That one I can't simply post a 'one file fits all' solution for. You're going to have to get your hands dirty and go into the code of the main.js or UniAW6.js and add some characters.

IF in Javascipt/Main you see a UniAW6.js file then go to post #4775 of the UniAW6.0 thread for the fix instructions.
    It's here: UniAW6.0 for iph4 & iph5

BUT- if you have simply a file called Main.js (in Scripts/Main or Javascript/Main), this is by far the case for MOST of our older widgets- then near the end of that file (main.js) you need to look for these two sections of code and add the red /* */ comment codes you see here (on the mobile MMI app they won't appear red) so look carefully. You're "commenting out" (with the /* */ markers) the calls for Days 2-4 in the code in '2' locations.

Code:
    document.getElementById("Day1").innerHTML=ForecastDayNames($.cookie('jsonCookie').Day1);
    document.getElementById("Day1Icon").src="Images/Icon Sets/"+IconSet+"/"+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day1Code+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day1HiLo").innerHTML=$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day1Lo+ "/ "+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day1Hi+ "";
    /*document.getElementById("Day2").innerHTML=ForecastDayNames($.cookie('jsonCookie').Day2);
    document.getElementById("Day2Icon").src="Images/Icon Sets/"+IconSet+"/"+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day2Code+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day2HiLo").innerHTML=$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day2Lo+ "/ "+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day2Hi+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day3").innerHTML=ForecastDayNames($.cookie('jsonCookie').Day3);
    document.getElementById("Day3Icon").src="Images/Icon Sets/"+IconSet+"/"+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day3Code+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day3HiLo").innerHTML=$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day3Lo+ "/ "+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day3Hi+ "";
    document.getElementById("Day4").innerHTML=ForecastDayNames($.cookie('jsonCookie').Day4);
    document.getElementById("Day4Icon").src="Images/Icon Sets/"+IconSet+"/"+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day4Code+".png";
    document.getElementById("Day4HiLo").innerHTML=$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day4Lo+ "/ "+$.cookie('jsonCookie').Day4Hi+ "";*/
    AND THEN AGAIN, lower in the code, HERE:

Code:
    if (obj.icon == 3200) obj.icon = 48;

obj.Day1 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[1].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day1Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[1].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day1Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[1].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day1Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[1].getAttribute("code");
    /* obj.Day2 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[2].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day2Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[2].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day2Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[2].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day2Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[2].getAttribute("code");
    obj.Day3 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[3].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day3Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[3].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day3Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[3].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day3Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[3].getAttribute("code");
    obj.Day4 = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[4].getAttribute("day");
    obj.Day4Hi = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[4].getAttribute("high");
    obj.Day4Lo = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[4].getAttribute("low");
    obj.Day4Code = request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName("forecast")[4].getAttribute("code");*/
    That will solve 95% of the issues with your widgets not working. Get your hands dirty, gang. Sometimes you just gotta 'feed yourself'. The above fixes (location.js swap out, UniAW6.js fix on page 4775 of the UniAW6.0 thread or the "commenting out /* */" code fix above) have worked for ALL my widgets I own!!! So if you're having trouble - let me know.. I don't accept PM's so just post here.

Thanks sooo much !
    Nope - no universal fix. You have to go into the code and fix each one exactly like I posted a few posts back. And just because a Forecast doesn't show - doesn't mean the code isn't in there. Modders borrow all sorts of original code and then just DISPLAY: NONE things out in the .css file. Unless you "comment out" (/* */) the Day2,3 and 4 code in the places I showed - on each individual widget - they won't start working again. The fix I posted (for the older widgets) will work on likely all of them. It worked on every single one of mine. On a computer it's WAY easier. Fixed all mine in about an hour. In iFile on your phone - takes a little longer. But it will work. You can try to request someone to JUST do it for you here.. But we're all overwhelmed with the sheer amount of widgets broken that need this fix - and THAT WE CAN'T just give you a universal fix. The fix is 'the same steps' for each widget - but each widget's main.js is different. So we can't just give you ONE file that will fix them all. The MAIN.JS is the file where all the UNIQUENESS to each widget happens. So 1 fix won't work for all.

This is a perfect time for people to learn the 'tiniest' bit of code manipulation who've been counting on others to help. It's really NOT that hard. Dive in and follow my instructions in my post EXACTLY - and it will work. Be patient and don't get frustrated.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (05-25-2013), DannyZ83 (05-23-2013), GAIAStevef (05-24-2013), garyaguest (05-24-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), pioneer88 (05-23-2013), The_Durben (05-23-2013), UNLOCKZ (05-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Famebound View Post
    My apologies everyone, but I just spent the better part of this morning searching for the fix for the weather widgets unsuccessfully. I am using DB_AniWeather_DualTouch iWidiget. When attempting to use it, it just drops down like normal and says "Loading Data" and never populates. I tried replacing the location.js as one poster suggested, but none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix this?
    An update will be submitted to cydia tomorrow for that.
    Use another widget without a forecast call in the meantime.

I will post a fix later!
    It's already done my man.
    As per post above ill submit it tomorrow
    Not home for today and need my pc

Download this and unzip and replace the file in /JavaScript/Main/

DB_AniW_DT_main.zip

The fix above will keep you guys going until Durben has time to properly fix them. Your forecast will only be for 1 day, as that is all yahoo is providing right now.
    I'm either going to leave the forecast out or add a 4 day from native. I might do that tomorrow and send that as an update. For me personally I don't care about having a forecast or not. It's easily checked in NC.
    I'll see what I want to do with it though. Not happy about native weather not updating on its own.

Thanks sooo much !
    Likely because the js is still looking for a forecast even though the widget doesn't display it
    Last edited by The_Durben; 05-23-2013 at 01:59 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Hip5 (05-23-2013), RKO1195 (05-23-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,382 Times in 1,812 Posts

I'm with ya D I don't care about a forecast myself so I'm keep on trucking with yahoo

21. The Following User Says Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-23-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well no I never took a snapshot myself but if you look at he snapshot in Cydia mine looked just like it.
    Of course it was for my location even though I have GPS Weather, and MyLocation installed as well

Thanks
    I was looking through my photos for a screensnap, and I don't have any of my homescreen layout. But as n0m0n said, mine looked exactly like the one in Cydia. Of course I had my 91367 zip code configured. It would be tremendous if you could figure something out. Thanks!
    (edit) Here is the pic of the Cydia version...
    [Tweak] iWidgets-img_1150.png
    Last edited by blikum; 05-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blikum View Post
    I was looking through my photos for a screensnap, and I don't have any of my homescreen layout. But as n0m0n said, mine looked exactly like the one in Cydia. Of course I had my 91367 zip code configured. It would be tremendous if you could figure something out. Thanks!
    (edit) Here is the pic of the Cydia version...
    Attachment 639673
    What is the specific name of that widget?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What is the specific name of that widget?
    3DaysForecastS iWidget

25. The Following User Says Thank You to blikum For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-06-2014)

Thanks

Would anyone be willing to fix this widget for me. It uses 5 day forecast which is the problem. I know this is an iwidget thread but this one uses pphtml. Any help I would really appreciate it. Just message me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lftpwxj5ib...in_release.zip