Page 24 of 365 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

My iPhone is a Part of Me Lito1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    The solution is very simple. Thats the info that yahoo is putting out in their feed. Sorry, probably not what you were looking for.
    Tank ya bruh ....... yeah i've come to find out that yahoo pretty much blows when it comes to the weather and that was the answer i was looking for lol yahoo sucks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lito1 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-29-2012)

I'm making progress on my separable simple iWidgets idea.

So far the Banner Name, Calendar, Clock and Combined Simple Weather are all separate iWidgets so you can place each element individually.

I'm still working on making the Weather Icon, Temp and Weather Description as separate iWidgets as well.

Only the particular element is coded for each widget part, so the resulting code will be quite clean and also quite efficient on RAM.

Here's a screenshot of the progress so far:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1346209616.745565.jpg

I am also looking into Durbens and Schnedi's codes to see if I can work some options into each, for example, I am planning for the weather icon widget to have options to select different icon sets, for the temp widget, a option to select C or F.

Thanks Durben, Schnedi, Gunny for providing excellent examples of setting options for iWidgets. I can only aspire to be as good as you guys one day.

Credits for the original weather code Im using for the Separable Weather iWidgets to Ian and Dacal for their work on the UniAW masterpiece, they have made coding weather widgets easy and fun to mod.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

dapes (08-29-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012)

Simply don't use it Its cool for me and must be for the others who downloaded it. No need to test it out and report back like you do I wouldn't of released if it didn't work how I wanted. Next time just skip by my release post. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Portrait stretches too - for anybody - not just me. :-).. That is if you're using iPhone taken photos. Can't speak to factory wallpapers. But if you're trying to use a photo taken with iPhone - they'll get stretched for anyone using the iWidget. Easy to check for yourself. Tried it on three different iphones just now - all different photos. All get stretched very noticeably.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Simply don't use it Its cool for me and must be for the others who downloaded it. No need to test it out and report back like you do I wouldn't of released if it didn't work how I wanted. Next time just skip by my release post. Thank you
    Fair enough. Thought modders liked feedback. My mistake.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    I'm making progress on my separable simple iWidgets idea.

So far the Banner Name, Calendar, Clock and Combined Simple Weather are all separate iWidgets so you can place each element individually.

I'm still working on making the Weather Icon, Temp and Weather Description as separate iWidgets as well.

Only the particular element is coded for each widget part, so the resulting code will be quite clean and also quite efficient on RAM.

Here's a screenshot of the progress so far:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1346209616.745565.jpg

I am also looking into Durbens and Schnedi's codes to see if I can work some options into each, for example, I am planning for the weather icon widget to have options to select different icon sets, for the temp widget, a option to select C or F.

Thanks Durben, Schnedi, Gunny for providing excellent examples of setting options for iWidgets. I can only aspire to be as good as you guys one day.

Credits for the original weather code Im using for the Separable Weather iWidgets to Ian and Dacal for their work on the UniAW masterpiece, they have made coding weather widgets easy and fun to mod.
    Thank you for sharing your work, love the banner name widget!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dapes For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (08-29-2012)

I do want feedback If stuffs not working properly as in the gps code or your getting a random question mark for no reason or you need help finding your yahoo code and what not.

As I said before I make them for myself and then share them.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

Quote Originally Posted by owlcityhootowl View Post
    Please someone make this an IWIDGET looks awesome!
    WEBSITE OF THE SB WIDGET (http://jakurepo.com/goodies.php)--->Go to "Widgets"
    Here you have it. All credits to Jaku and its original developer. I cleared the code (lots and lots of useless lines) and removed all images, since this one doesn't have a weather widget. Simple, but very nice.

Minimalistic SB

Available here

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to winfis For This Useful Post:

Dexy88 (05-23-2013), elilab (09-01-2012), GAIAStevef (08-29-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (08-30-2012), jjoklong (10-10-2012), phil73 (08-29-2012), The.Drifter (08-29-2012), Tr0n1x (08-21-2014)

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

I really can't believe that some People complain about some thing they didn't pay for or have anything to do with. I am sure all modders would like constructive feedback or ideas. But to complain is out of order. I know I know JACK about coding and if it was not for the likes of GUNNY I would have a very boring phone.

So I would just like to say thank you to all the modders and coders who work hard for nothing and I am sure I am not the only one that is great full.

That's the end of my rant :-)
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

ic0nik (08-29-2012)

I do want feedback If stuffs not working properly as in the gps code or your getting a random question mark for no reason or you need help finding your yahoo code and what not.

As I said before I make them for myself and then share them.
    Understood, Gunny.. I thought that a slide picture 'stretching to look flatter' fell into the same category of something "un"intended. My bad.

Peace.

Some people have a way of turning "constructive criticism" into a defense of their action. Just because u say u appreciate someone's work but follow it with I just thought u would want to know its messed up; this isn't showing appreciation. It's like saying to a girl, " For a person of your size u sure look nice in that dress". This isn't a complement. My rant for today.
    Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Some people have a way of turning "constructive criticism" into a defense of their action. Just because u say u appreciate someone's work but follow it with I just thought u would want to know its messed up; this isn't showing appreciation. It's like saying to a girl, " For a person of your size u sure look nice in that dress". This isn't a complement. My rant for today.
    Peace.
    EDITED -- original tone was very aggressive on my part.
    That's pretty condescending coming from someone relatively new and who doesn't know me from Adam. ??!?

Gunny knows I appreciate his stuff - HUGE! My only error sometimes is that I confuse a "heart-felt sharing of something from a modder" with a "product for market" - and I can come on too strong in my expectations - I admit that. I have been working on that for several months and occasionally I still 'step in it'. Again - I'll ramp it down a bit. My apologies, Gunny, if I offended - it was unintentional to be sure! I LOVE that widget of yours!

But please leave the fatuous tone at the door, Krima. Just put me on ignore if I bother you so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    I really can't believe that some People complain about some thing they didn't pay for or have anything to do with. I am sure all modders would like constructive feedback or ideas. But to complain is out of order. I know I know JACK about coding and if it was not for the likes of GUNNY I would have a very boring phone.
    Please be careful you don't twist my words, Pratt. There was no complaining - at all. I asked a question if the stretch was 'intended'. It was a simple question. A lot of modders would go in and want to fix stuff like that and then hit the Thanks button to me as has happened many times. Some others, sometimes, see it as ungrateful. I can understand that view too - especially if the 'tone' of the giver of the feedback is 'oafish' like mine can be sometimes. I need to up my game there. So I just need to walk on eggshells a little more than I do now.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-29-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Since Newdestiny used the collective "we", can someone tell me if I was out of line? If I was I will surely stop.
    Last edited by Krima; 08-29-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Funny how we rarely see you giving productive input to the forum, Krima - and then you jump in with your condescending pedantic psycho-babble and expect us not to call it what it is. Please keep your 'psycho-analysis' to your patients and come off your high horse.

Gunny knows I appreciate his stuff - HUGE! My only error sometimes is that I confuse a "heart-felt sharing of something from a modder" with a "product for market" - and I can come on too strong in my expectations - I admit that. I have been working on that for several months and occasionally I still 'step in it'. Again - I'll ramp it down a bit. But please leave your fatuous tone at the door, Krima. Just put me on ignore as you are now on my ignore list.

I did not complain. I asked a question if the stretch was 'intended'. It was a simple question.
    I am sure that you did not mean it as it came across, and we need to get on with appreciating the work these guys do for us. I was just wanting them all to know that we do appreciate their work and even though they make this stuff for themselves we are very grateful that the share it with us.

Let's not spoil this amazing thread made by Eldwin by arguing about nothing

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (08-29-2012)

Sense Newdestiny used the collective "we", can someone tell me if I was out of line? If I was I will surely stop.
    You called it as you saw it. I can be 'oafish' in my feedback sometimes - as I acknowledged. I will continue to up my game in that dept. Just, in the future, please - if you want to comment on your 'impression' of a poster's intent - do it in Private Message and not on open forum. Gunny dealt with me directly. Sideline comments can get inflammatory as I perceived yours to be.

Moving on.....

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    I am sure that you did not mean it as it came across, and we need to get on with appreciating the work these guys do for us. I was just wanting them all to know that we do appreciate their work and even though they make this stuff for themselves we are very grateful that the share it with us.

Let's not spoil this amazing thread made by Eldwin by arguing about nothing
    Agreed.

This thread is been brought back to life.

@Newdestiny. I can agree with that. I thought my response was very tame in comparison to how u responded to mine. Yours was very aggressive and personal. I didn't directly respond to you as you can see I just made a reply. I'm sorry u took it so personally that u felt compelled to respond with such hostility. I will not inject my opinion on a public forum concerning you my man. As u learn I too will learn. Thanks.

@Newdestiny. I can agree with that. I thought my response was very tame in comparison to how u responded to mine. Yours was very aggressive and personal. I didn't directly respond to you as you can see I just made a reply. I'm sorry u took it so personally that u felt compelled to respond with such hostility. I will not inject my opinion on a public forum concerning you my man. As u learn I too will learn. Thanks.
    Since no one's quoted the original text yet - I will go edit my post and 'soften' the tone. Peace.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
    And waiting for your amazing tweaks :-)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

dark.knight (08-29-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
    The modders are really starting to support the iWidget format and releasing their 'information box' portion of their SB widgets as iWidgets. That's why there's life! I started doing a lot of conversions of my favorites. But now the creators themselves are releasing as iWidget and SB Widget. YAY!!

Let's keep on track here guys. Got some cool iWidgets I'll be dropping today.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-29-2012), NewdestinyX (08-29-2012)

Page 24 of 365 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 74 124 ... LastLast