+ Reply
Page 234 of 355 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224232233234235236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Well, okay. If I delete that folder, then where is the actual .deb backup kept? Hmm. I would never believe that something that was going to
...
  1. #4661
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    41,423
    Thanked 17,519 Times in 6,400 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well, okay. If I delete that folder, then where is the actual .deb backup kept?

    Hmm. I would never believe that something that was going to take one to two hours would be "working properly". And I would automatically stop the process after about 30 minutes. Are you telling me that it taking two hours is normal? And that I should trust the backup that it made? Mine also kept saying "X folder can't be found". I did the back up several times same problem.
    You may have to create the folder that I stated above. It was an early bug that I thought was fixed.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  2. #4662
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,503
    Thanks
    6,796
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Well, okay. If I delete that folder, then where is the actual .deb backup kept?

    Hmm. I would never believe that something that was going to take one to two hours would be "working properly". And I would automatically stop the process after about 30 minutes. Are you telling me that it taking two hours is normal? And that I should trust the backup that it made? Mine also kept saying "X folder can't be found". I did the back up several times same problem.
    Well if you think about it, it needs to download every single package you have installed all at once. Only have a tweak or two installed and will probably take a minute or two. Have tons of tweaks and especially themes installed and it's gonna take a good while to finish. patience is key. Like I said, mine took a good hour to finish, maybe even two, did it a while ago, can't remember exactly.

    maybe Zokunei can add a progress bar to a future version, that should help people who think it may have frozen. I think I thought the same thing after about 20 minutes but checked the folder they were downloading to and could still see things being added so knew it hadn't frozen.

  3. #4663
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,433
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Grant you not used mobile terminal before? Guessing you change you passwords using comp then??
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  4. #4664
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    5,198
    Thanks
    4,257
    Thanked 16,765 Times in 4,022 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Grant you not used mobile terminal before? Guessing you change you passwords using comp then??
    Probably still alpine :P

  5. #4665
    Mudder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,433
    Thanks
    4,571
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Probably still alpine :P
    Sshhh don't tell everyone 😝
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  6. #4666
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,503
    Thanks
    6,796
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

    Hacking Grant's phone as we speak....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Mav1971 (05-09-2013)

  8. #4667
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,227
    Thanked 9,034 Times in 4,536 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Grant you not used mobile terminal before? Guessing you change you passwords using comp then??
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Probably still alpine :P
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Hacking Grant's phone as we speak....
    Have at it!

    But I don't use any OpenSSH tweak anymore. Only iFunBox - direct connection. SOO much faster than SSH.

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You may have to create the folder that I stated above. It was an early bug that I thought was fixed.
    I don't follow you.. The second part of my comments above in your quote of me, about a folder missing, were in response to a post from Simon about open backup. It had nothing to do with ilex.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-09-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  9. #4668
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Hi everyone. I've been using iWidgets for a while, and it has stopped updating automatically. I waited a month or two for updates from Cydia, but none of them actually fixed the problem. The iWidget i'm using is LG iWidget :
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/lXpM9iL.png[\img]


    So I want to ask, has the problem been fixed yet ??

    Reset All did not fix my problem.

    Using iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Tweak] iWidgets-photo-239.png  
    Last edited by darkmasta; 05-10-2013 at 08:40 AM.

  10. #4669
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Hi everyone. I've been using iWidgets for a while, and it has stopped updating automatically. I waited a month or two for updates from Cydia, but none of them actually fixed the problem. I am currently using LG iWidget.

    So I want to ask, has the problem been fixed yet ??

    Reset All did not fix my problem.

    Using iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1

  11. #4670
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,227
    Thanked 9,034 Times in 4,536 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    Hi everyone. I've been using iWidgets for a while, and it has stopped updating automatically. I waited a month or two for updates from Cydia, but none of them actually fixed the problem. I am currently using LG iWidget.

    So I want to ask, has the problem been fixed yet ??

    Reset All did not fix my problem.

    Using iPhone 4S - iOS 5.1.1
    So the widget itself IS Showing data.. It's just when you change locations it doesn't update automatically?

  12. #4671
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    So the widget itself IS Showing data.. It's just when you change locations it doesn't update automatically?
    I'm in the same location, but the data does not update. Yes it displays weather data and time, but I have to manually refresh (pressing the button) in order to update the data. It used to update automatically before.

  13. #4672
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Thanks
    4,227
    Thanked 9,034 Times in 4,536 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    I'm in the same location, but the data does not update. Yes it displays weather data and time, but I have to manually refresh (pressing the button) in order to update the data. It used to update automatically before.
    This isn't a problem with iWidgets in general and a Cydia update won't fix it. Several people have had this issue and the solution has been eluding us for weeks. Most people don't have any trouble. That widget works for me, for example. It updates automatically at the refresh interval. People for whom Reset All Settings hasn't fixed the problem have used a nice tweak called iLex-R.A.T. It allows you to wipe ALL Cydia tweaks off your back down to your raw jailbreak. You do NOT lose your jailbreak - but all that remains is Cydia itself - just as if you'd freshly jailbroken your phone. Then people add back tweaks one at a time testing to see if the location changing automatically works. There is the belief that some random cache files from some Cydia tweak is the cause of this issue or some tweak conflict. The RAT process helps eliminate that as a variable. This has worked for everyone for whom Reset All Settings has NOT worked. It's a time consuming thing. You need to be careful to test methodically as you add back your Cydia tweaks to see which one was causing the issue. It will be very time consuming. But we have no other fix to offer.

    To use R.A.T. you need to add this repo to Cydia sources.

    cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO

    And install the tweak called iLEX R.A.T.
    And mobile terminal from Cydia as well. Follow instructions carefully.

    That's all I can offer

  14. #4673
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Thank you for the info .. I will see if I'd do that later on.

    Should I keep anything ON in MyLocation ? (sig.change gps or map ? )

  15. #4674
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    41,423
    Thanked 17,519 Times in 6,400 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    Thank you for the info .. I will see if I'd do that later on.

    Should I keep anything ON in MyLocation ? (sig.change gps or map ? )
    STOP!
    Don't do all that crap from above yet!

    You must leave "sig change" on in order for your location to update. You are on 5.1.1 correct?


    Grant,
    Please read the original post before giving advice bro. He said he was on 5.1.1, when your fix is for iOS 6. If he is having the same issue of not updating, then this would be huge!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-10-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (05-10-2013)

  17. #4675
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You must leave "sig change" on in order for your location to update. You are on 5.1.1 correct?
    I had sig change ON once only to update my location, then turned it OFF since I'm in the same location. LG iWidget updated automatically with no problem for a while. But for the past 2-3 iWidget updates through cydia, automatic updates were stopped. And yes im using 5.1.1.

  18. #4676
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    41,423
    Thanked 17,519 Times in 6,400 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    I had sig change ON once only to update my location, then turned it OFF since I'm in the same location. LG iWidget updated automatically with no problem. But for the past 2-3 updates, automatic updates were stopped. And yes im 5.1.1.
    When you say automatic updates, are you referring to just your city, or all weather information. There is a difference.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  19. #4677
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    When you say automatic updates, are you referring to just your city, or all weather information. There is a difference.
    Weather information. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier, didn't know there is a difference. I didn't move around the cities to notice any problems with location changes.

    Before this problem appeared, an iWidget update rendered my ClockFlipWeatherS widget useless. I had a "Wait dude ..." rather than weather information. So waited for another update that fixed the "wait dude" problem, but had a manual refresh button and the widget did not automatically update weather info anymore. Same thing goes for LG iWidget.

  20. #4678
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,348
    Thanks
    41,423
    Thanked 17,519 Times in 6,400 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by darkmasta View Post
    Weather information. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier, didn't know there is a difference. I didn't move around the cities to notice any problems with location changes.

    Before this problem appeared, an iWidget update rendered my ClockFlipWeatherS widget useless. I had a "Wait dude ..." rather than weather information. So waited for another update that fixed the "wait dude" problem, but had a manual refresh button and the widget did not automatically update weather info anymore. Same thing goes for LG iWidget.
    That's interesting. Most of the issues are here have been with iOS 6 and have to do with location not updating. But your on iOS 5 with weather not updating, unless you force it manually. I'm not sure what to tell you right now, I need to think about this for a little bit.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  21. #4679
    widget modder RKO1195's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,328
    Thanks
    10,680
    Thanked 5,378 Times in 1,811 Posts

    Are these widgets new or old? You know the older ones don't work since the Yahoo change right unless you change the location js

    My location and weather works good on my 4 on 5.1.1

  22. #4680
    Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks
    2,019
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Are these widgets new or old? You know the older ones don't work since the Yahoo change right unless you change the location js

    My location and weather works good on my 4 on 5.1.1
    Yes true! The older ones wont work but will work with the Drifters original location.js fix. Page 20 of UNIAE thread.

    I have most of my old widgets up and running and GPS enabled.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (05-10-2013)


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts