+ Reply
Page 233 of 344 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223231232233234235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 6875

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX You're saying Reset All works for you for 2 weeks then they stop working again. You're the first I've heard have this problem. Actually Grant I
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,180 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    You're saying Reset All works for you for 2 weeks then they stop working again. You're the first I've heard have this problem.
    Actually Grant I just experienced this the other day. I did the reset all settings when we first discovered this. Then a few days ago I noticed my widgets weren't updating when I traveled. Tried everything before finally doing the reset all settings "Again".

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,332 Times in 5,978 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Actually Grant I just experienced this the other day. I did the reset all settings when we first discovered this. Then a few days ago I noticed my widgets weren't updating when I traveled. Tried everything before finally doing the reset all settings "Again".
    If it happens again try the reset location & privacy. Then if it keeps happening use iLex RAT. Have you installed it yet? It may save your JB in a pinch too bro.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,180 Times in 2,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    If it happens again try the reset location & privacy. Then if it keeps happening use iLex RAT. Have you installed it yet? It may save your JB in a pinch too bro.
    Yeah I tried the reset location and privacy thing. It's such a weird issue. Now that this issue reappeared, it has given me the motivation to find the problem.

I have been reading about iLex but haven't installed it. I probably should considering how much I tinker with my phone. Have u used it?

Thanks

Yeah I tried the reset location and privacy thing. It's such a weird issue. Now that this issue reappeared, it has given me the motivation to find the problem.

I have been reading about iLex but haven't installed it. I probably should considering how much I tinker with my phone. Have u used it?
    Actually today I got tired of the updating issue and I applied ilex rat and reset all settings. After installing too many of my previous tweaks, location is still updating automatically including winter board but not iwidgets yet.

Thanks

No, but Simon has and he said it worked just fine. He just updated it today, and added the function of backing up all your Cydia .deb files like NewD likes to do before an iOS update. It is only a handful of script commands and the dude that writes it is friggin smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalvar3 View Post
    Actually today I got tired of the updating issue and I applied ilex rat and reset all settings. After installing too many of my previous tweaks, location is still updating automatically including winter board but not iwidgets yet.
    I always suspected WB, so please load iWidgets and keep us posted.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-09-2013), Simon (05-08-2013), Sk37cH (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,785 Times in 6,878 Posts

No, but Simon has and he said it worked just fine. He just updated it today, and added the function of backing up all your Cydia .deb files like NewD likes to do before an iOS update. It is only a handful of script commands and the dude that writes it is friggin smart.

I always suspected WB, so please load iWidgets and keep us posted.
    Worked like a charm on my iPod touch 5G. I have it installed on my iPhone now too. Kinda like having a safety net built in. Doesn't do anything until you get into trouble, just gives you another way out of it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-08-2013), Sk37cH (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Worked like a charm on my iPod touch 5G. I have it installed on my iPhone now too. Kinda like having a safety net built in. Doesn't do anything until you get into trouble, just gives you another way out of it.
    Yes, exactly. The dev has been keeping it updated and as I said previously, has now added features to it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-08-2013), Sk37cH (05-09-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the problem. Come on guys...if we all put our heads together we can solve this thing. iWidget (along with iWidgetTapper) is too cool a tweak not to.

Something is conflicting with it. I don't think it's Winterboard due to the fact The_Durben has Winterboard installed and he is not experiencing the issue. Or maybe it has to do with the way the updated location.js file is written. Perhaps something that causes a cache to become too full or corrupted. I don't know...I'm not really a coder. The iLex tweak sounds interesting, however, it doesn't really fix the issue...it simply lessens the chore of restoring all your settings.

Maybe those of you out there that are not having the problem can take a look at my post (on the previous page) that lists all the tweaks I have installed and compare them to what you have installed, like The_Durben did. That way we can try to narrow the list and zero in on the culprit. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,709 Posts

What is this iLex thing? Is it a tweak on Cydia
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    What is this iLex thing? Is it a tweak on Cydia
    Yeah, it will remove ALL cydia tweaks with a single command line tweak that can be done by ssh from your PC if your are stuck on the apple screen. Just search google for "iLex RAT" and there is a website that will pop right up. The new version released yesterday will allow you to also download all your tweaks too. Are you reading this Grant!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-09-2013), RKO1195 (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,444 Times in 4,288 Posts

Yeah, it will remove ALL cydia tweaks with a single command line tweak that can be done by ssh from your PC if your are stuck on the apple screen. Just search google for "iLex RAT" and there is a website that will pop right up. The new version released yesterday will allow you to also download all your tweaks too. Are you reading this Grant!
    Wow, yes!! Because OpenBackup is broken again after iOS6. And it was my last .deb saving solution. But you confused me. When the guy asked "is it a Cydia tweak?" You answered, YES.. And then told him to go to Google. And use a command line. That means its a software for your computer and not a Cydia tweak. ? Right? What am I missing?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,257 Times in 1,279 Posts

Wow, yes!! Because OpenBackup is broken again after iOS6. And it was my last .deb saving solution. But you confused me. When the guy asked "is it a Cydia tweak?" You answered, YES.. And then told him to go to Google. And use a command line. That means its a software for your computer and not a Cydia tweak. ? Right? What am I missing?
    It is a tweak in Cydia I think what he meant was google ilex rat to get the name of the repo for Cydia. You can use thru Mobile Terminal or SSH from comp

ImageUploadedByModMyi1368108067.383328.jpg

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mav1971 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-09-2013), RKO1195 (05-09-2013)

Thanks

It is a tweak, but if your phone is stuck on the apple logo, how can you use it? It allows you to run it from a command line via ssh from your PC/Mac.

cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (05-09-2013), RKO1195 (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Openbackup broken? Huh? I've been using it on iOS 6. So did you if I recall.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Openbackup broken? Huh? I've been using it on iOS 6. So did you if I recall.
    If you try and use the 'save .debs method - it hangs in the middle and never completes. The 'regular' backup tool may be fine - but I'm not interested in the main backup routine which requires accessing Cydia directly - just like PKGBackup. Try to run the .deb backup - you'll see.

It is a tweak, but if your phone is stuck on the apple logo, how can you use it? It allows you to run it from a command line via ssh from your PC/Mac.

cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/
    Uh - okay - I'll bite.. How do you access a tweak from your computer - on a phone that's caught in a bootlup?

AND -- SO is this update to FolderEnhancer at Cydia this am - safe?? Will it kill my widgets updating.. I hate this feeling..... more like the early days after a jailbreak..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-09-2013 at 09:28 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Mav1971 (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Uh - okay - I'll bite.. How do you access a tweak from your computer - on a phone that's caught in a bootlup?
    Everyone that has contacted me with this issue, still has access to their system files via ssh. The phone boots, but is hanging on the springboard load it seems. So if you can access the file system, you can easily run the RAT tool.

AND -- SO is this update to FolderEnhancer at Cydia this am - safe?? Will it kill my widgets updating.. I hate this feeling..... more like the early days after a jailbreak..
    I don't use it. Never trusted it again since iOS 6. I don't use FI either, as I don't trust it.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-09-2013)

Thanks

Well I've downloaded iLEX and MobileTerminal (which is required to make this work) and I like what I see so far. Not used to seeing a Terminal window running on my phone. Little weird. I've chosen the back up all .deb routine and it's running now. Taking a LONG time. I see it trying to backup stuff related to my themes, e6 specifically. There shouldn't be any 'debs' associated with a theme - so I hope it's not backing up my themes too. It'll run me out of disk space.. I only ever buy 16GB phones since everything's in the cloud for me. No music ON my phone.. Very few photos. So I hope it's not backing up theme stuff..

Everyone that has contacted me with this issue, still has access to their system files via ssh. The phone boots, but is hanging on the springboard load it seems. So if you can access the file system, you can easily run the RAT tool.
    Cool thanks. How do you put iLEX on your computer so AS TO access your phone later? That's the process that has me confused. And I just ran the deb backup - at the end of the run - the terminal window said 'DELETE TEMPORARY FOLDER' but didn't tell me where that folder is located. Any ideas?

Thanks

Well I've downloaded iLEX and MobileTerminal (which is required to make this work) and I like what I see so far. Not used to seeing a Terminal window running on my phone. Little weird. I've chosen the back up all .deb routine and it's running now. Taking a LONG time. I see it trying to backup stuff related to my themes, e6 specifically. There shouldn't be any 'debs' associated with a theme - so I hope it's not backing up my themes too. It'll run me out of disk space.. I only ever buy 16GB phones since everything's in the cloud for me. No music ON my phone.. Very few photos. So I hope it's not backing up theme stuff..

Cool thanks. How do you put iLEX on your computer so AS TO access your phone later? That's the process that has me confused. And I just ran the deb backup - at the end of the run - the terminal window said 'DELETE TEMPORARY FOLDER' but didn't tell me where that folder is located. Any ideas?
    You can access your phone via terminal or ifunbox on your mac, or with PuTTy or ifunbox on windows.

I know it creates a folder named:

var/mobile/Media/general_storage

For use during the process. I am assuming that it wants to delete that folder.

Thanks

If you try and use the 'save .debs method - it hangs in the middle and never completes. The 'regular' backup tool may be fine - but I'm not interested in the main backup routine which requires accessing Cydia directly - just like PKGBackup. Try to run the .deb backup - you'll see.

I used it when I went from 6.1 to 6.1.2 i believe. The full deb method. Took forever to download them all but it did eventually finish, are you sure you just aren't giving it enough time to finish? Mine took like an hour or two i think when I did it. Just left it plugged in and auto lock off.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-09-2013), Mav1971 (05-09-2013)

Thanks

You can access your phone via terminal or ifunbox on your mac, or with PuTTy or ifunbox on windows.

I know it creates a folder named:

var/mobile/Media/general_storage

For use during the process. I am assuming that it wants to delete that folder.
    Well, okay. If I delete that folder, then where is the actual .deb backup kept?

I used it when I went from 6.1 to 6.1.2 i believe. The full deb method. Took forever to download them all but it did eventually finish, are you sure you just aren't giving it enough time to finish? Mine took like an hour or two i think when I did it. Just left it plugged in and auto lock off.
    Hmm. I would never believe that something that was going to take one to two hours would be "working properly". And I would automatically stop the process after about 30 minutes. Are you telling me that it taking two hours is normal? And that I should trust the backup that it made? Mine also kept saying "X folder can't be found". I did the back up several times same problem.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!