+ Reply
Page 231 of 333 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221229230231232233 241 281 331 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 6655

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by The_Durben I didn't see you had the div Widget at top Needs to be where I said it should go but will work none the less. The
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,568 Times in 3,858 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I didn't see you had the div Widget at top
    Needs to be where I said it should go but will work none the less.
    The options.plist is just another way of writing variables that would be in the .js or a Config.js
    It doesn't look for anything other than the javascript variable. The tweak itself is telling the widget to use the options plist. It's not defined anywhere to "look" for it. You are scaling the "Widget" which is actually the whole clock because you put the div around it.

Should be thanks Durben for the scaling script I copied from one clock to another
    Learning by copying a variable is easy. Learning to write out a variable you need yourself is a whole other part of this.

if ( GrantLearning == true) {

document.getElementById("HeDidItHimself");

} else {
    document.getElementById("HeCopiedIt");}

There's a lesson in that ^ as well
    LOL!! Point taken.. Will modify credits accordingly.. (But don't forget that age-old debate that 'all code's been already written before' and just borrowed from others - - many 'orange-labeled modders' here have made their entire career here that way... )
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-06-2013 at 12:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-06-2013), Simon (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    LOL!! Point taken.. Will modify credits accordingly.. (But don't forget that age-old debate that 'all code's been already written before' and just borrowed from others - - many 'orange-labeled modders' here have made their entire career here that way... )
    True enough. Javascript is already written.
    Using what I wrote for scaling my clock and putting into another clock is borrowing.
    Writing out what i did for my variable is me making my widget do what I want. Original and not borrowed.

Did you pick up on the true/false variable yet from my post?
    Easy as changing the variable and the id's to other names/elements you need to choose as "on/off"

Last edited by The_Durben; 05-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-06-2013), NewdestinyX (05-06-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,111 Times in 5,489 Posts

} else {

Haha.

That's a great lesson there!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (05-06-2013), The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks

True enough. Javascript is already written.
    Using what I wrote for scaling my clock and putting into another clock is borrowing.
    Writing out what i did for my variable is me making my widget do what I want. Original and not borrowed.
    I sure as heck don't want this to devolve into a lengthy debate, because I respect you so much, D, But you sat in a class somewhere, someday, and watched your teacher's scaling script be done before your eyes. Or you read about it. "Adapting" existing script language for a given function to make a widget do what you wanted to do is "all borrowed" in my eyes. Only overlays and artwork, for the most part, are original the way I look at it. But the code itself is a big gray area for me and for others that I've talked with about this topic too. Simon's idea for the airplane window... Original.. All the underlying code to make it run, borrowed..

Now, there are those rare instances where something entirely new is created for instance: what CrazyVivek did to give us GPS widgets, what you did to allow iWidgets to be outside their widget.plist boundaries. That's original stuff, bro. You and subywrex for Native Weather, Ian and Dacal for animated weather. That's all original - in my eyes. Maybe as I live a little more in a modder's shoes I may think of things differently. For now that's how I see it. I'm happy to give you the last word, bro. I won't turn this into another chapter of "The Great Debate"... promise..
    Did you pick up on the true/false variable yet from my post?
    Easy as changing the variable and the id's to other names/elements you need to choose as "on/off"

I didn't at first… And then as I was driving down the road here about two minutes ago I thought in my mind… "If/else…"… "True/false…" and BAMMM!! It hit me all the true/false statements in the config.js. I've been giggling ever since. The light bulb has gone off! And it's because you gave me the 'grammar' lesson I needed, D. MUCH appreciated. Things are opening up to me now.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_durben View Post

if ( grantlearning == true) {

document.getelementbyid("hedidithimself");

} else {
    document.getelementbyid("hecopiedit");}

there's a lesson in that ^ as well

lmfao!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,910 Times in 924 Posts

} else {

LOL

Best script lesson I have seen in awhile, Gonna have to use that in my next widget
    (of course with proper credits to you for creating this variable name )

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

azaleea (05-12-2013), NewdestinyX (05-06-2013), The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks

I sure as heck don't want this to devolve into a lengthy debate, because I respect you so much, D, But you sat in a class somewhere, someday, and watched your teacher's scaling script be done before your eyes. Or you read about it. "Adapting" existing script language for a given function to make a widget do what you wanted to do is "all borrowed" in my eyes. Only overlays and artwork, for the most part, are individualized and original the way I look at it. But the code itself is a big gray area for me and for others that I've talked with about this topic too.

Now, there are those rare instances where something entirely new is created for instance: what CrazyVivek did to give us GPS widgets, what you did to allow iWidgets to be outside their widget.plist boundaries. That's original stuff, bro. You and subywrex for Native Weather, Ian and Dacal for animated weather. That's all original - in my eyes. Maybe as I live a little more in a modder's shoes I may think of things differently. For now that's how I see it. I'm happy to give you the last word, bro. I won't turn this into another chapter of "The Great Debate"... promise..
    I didn't at first… And then as I was driving down the road here about two minutes ago I thought in my mind… "If/else…"… "True/false…" and BAMMM!! It hit me all the true/false statements in the config.js. I've been giggling ever since. The light bulb has gone off! And it's because you gave me the 'grammar' lesson I needed, D. MUCH appreciated. Things are opening up to me now.
    You miss the point. There's nothing borrowed in mine. Scaling is scaling. Can be done in html css or js. Doesn't matter. Using scaling as an option and moving the widget back into alignment (top/left) I wrote to do what I wanted. Yes you need specific javascript to do it but its still different. If I said don't use a "function init" because I wrote that in my widget would be more to what you are trying to get at. It's been written already to do what it its supposed to do and we all use it. Part of javascript is the specifics you need in order to tell it to do something, that's universal. What you tell it to do and how you set it up is not borrowed from anywhere. You have to create it. This is why you are having a hard time finding examples of variables by searching. They are written specifically for what the person wants as a variable.

You'll get it eventually. 3 or so years ago my extent to modding was moving a few things around in the styling
    Now I think of something and I write it in when I create whatever it is I'm making.

And side note for ya, crazyvivek did make the gps tweak and the js to use it with weather but it had to be installed as a cracked app and use the app id to get the tweak to read the info and transform it. You needed a hacked repo and app sync to do it. I changed it to be an install and read the file in documents folder itself without having to use app sync because I wouldn't install that repo (as a lot of others wouldn't either)
    crazy did help with my questions as I couldn't "read" the info in the tweak/app.

Look at this way too, maybe someone else would have eventually but if I didn't get it that way and it was left as is it wouldn't even be working on this jailbreak because the jailbreak devs "inadvertently" broke that on the initial jailbreak for iOS 6. In retrospect I doubt Ian and Dacal would have made the weather apis for it better as they have done and continue to do. I don't believe they support installing cracked repos

I can type long posts too
    Bored yet? lol

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    LOL

Best script lesson I have seen in awhile, Gonna have to use that in my next widget
    (of course with proper credits to you for creating this variable name )
    don't need the credits my man. That's a freebie
    Last edited by The_Durben; 05-06-2013 at 01:26 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (05-06-2013)

Thanks

You miss the point. There's nothing borrowed in mine. Scaling is scaling. Can be done in html css or js. Doesn't matter. Using scaling as an option and moving the widget back into alignment (top/left) I wrote to do what I wanted. Yes you need specific javascript to do it but its still different. If I said don't use a "function init" because I wrote that in my widget would be more to what you are trying to get at. It's been written already to do what it its supposed to do and we all use it. Part of javascript is the specifics you need in order to tell it to do something, that's universal. What you tell it to do and how you set it up is not borrowed from anywhere. You have to create it. This is why you are having a hard time finding examples of variables by searching. They are written specifically for what the person wants as a variable.

/big snip/

Look at this way too, maybe someone else would have eventually but if I didn't get it that way and it was left as is it wouldn't even be working on this jailbreak because the jailbreak devs "inadvertently" broke that on the initial jailbreak for iOS 6. In retrospect I doubt Ian and Dacal would have made the weather apis for it better as they have done and continue to do. I don't believe they support installing cracked repos

I can type long posts too
    Bored yet? lol
    Don't think I missed the point at all, bro. I just see it differently. (Remember this is NewDes you're talkin' to.. ) But thanks for the education and history lesson. As I said - you get last word on this one.

Thanks again for letting me "borrow" the code. I will take out the "left" movement of each scale size to make it more "original"... Lol!!!!

Appreciate you, D!!!
    Grant

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

I sure as heck don't want this to devolve into a lengthy debate, because I respect you so much, D, But you sat in a class somewhere, someday, and watched your teacher's scaling script be done before your eyes. Or you read about it. "Adapting" existing script language for a given function to make a widget do what you wanted to do is "all borrowed" in my eyes. Only overlays and artwork, for the most part, are original the way I look at it. But the code itself is a big gray area for me and for others that I've talked with about this topic too. Simon's idea for the airplane window... Original.. All the underlying code to make it run, borrowed..
    Kinda like, every single book/song in the World is a copy because they are all in a language written before, using sentences that have probably been written before.....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-06-2013), The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks

So Grant's mid term exam question after today's lesson would be:
    1).. What would be the corresponding entry in a config.js file when converting the Options.plist to config.js?

Answer:
    var size = x ; (where x=45,55,65,75,90 or 100 - depending on desired size as long as x's value is one of the values in the "if" statement dealing with webkitTransform scale.)

Do I get my first "A"??

Thanks

So Grant's mid term exam question after today's lesson would be:
    1).. What would be the corresponding entry in a config.js file when converting the Options.plist to config.js?

Answer:
    var size = x ; (where x=45,55,65,75,90 or 100 - depending on desired size as long as x's value is one of the values in the "if" statement dealing with webkitTransform scale.)

Do I get my first "A"??
    That's the basics of it.
    A solid C+ at least :P

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,536 Posts

Thanks Durben hope your good bud..
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013), The_Durben (05-06-2013)

Thanks

That's the basics of it.
    A solid C+ at least :P
    Well if I got the answer correct that's 100% A+. But I'm seeing only small piece of the picture now. But I'm happy I got it right. I tested it too. And my config.js does exactly as expected.

Thanks for your help today.

What I need to do now is write a little program to convert Options.plists to config.js' so we can test iWidgets with options on our computers. I've written little conversion programs like that before in Visual Basic. What's amazing is those softwares still run to this day..

Thanks

Well if I got the answer correct that's 100% A+. But I'm seeing only small piece of the picture now. But I'm happy I got it right. I tested it too. And my config.js does exactly as expected.

Thanks for your help today.

What I need to do now is write a little program to convert Options.plists to config.js' so we can test iWidgets with options on our computers. I've written little conversion programs like that before in Visual Basic. What's amazing is those softwares still run to this day..
    I make them as a config variable first to use on pc or in ifile
    Then make the options for iwidget

And the C+ was not because you got it right it was because you didn't improve on the answer

Quote Originally Posted by RKO1195 View Post
    Thanks Durben hope your good bud..
    Doing alright my man. Hope you are too

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013), RKO1195 (05-06-2013)

Thanks

I make them as a config variable first to use on pc or in ifile
    Then make the options for iwidget

And the C+ was not because you got it right it was because you didn't improve on the answer
    Yes. A configtest.js is a good idea and the only way to work on an iWidget on a computer. Cool to see that's standard procedure for you, D.

I don't understand what you mean by 'improve on the answer'. A test question answer is either right or wrong. What would you have had me 'improve upon'? Seriously. I'm eager to know. Give me an example, sir..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,522 Times in 1,536 Posts

I'm doing good D just had a great two days off from work hope to have more two days off lol
    WidgetWeather ​Thread

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013), The_Durben (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,023 Times in 798 Posts

I updated my HTC One iWidget MOD, now with working Refresh-Button

Here you go.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UNLOCKZ For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013), It's Mi (05-14-2013), joshlogic (05-07-2013), KraXik (05-07-2013), phil73 (05-07-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UNLOCKZ View Post
    I updated my HTC One iWidget MOD, now with working Refresh-Button

Here you go.
    Can you do an English version, or tell me what I can chafe to do it myself? Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshlogic View Post
    Can you do an English version, or tell me what I can chafe to do it myself? Thanks!
    Schnedi released a multi language HTC One X iwidget in Cydia with Refresh. Just so you know
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

35. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

joshlogic (05-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,023 Times in 798 Posts

This is ML ! I only write in the German Section "Dienstag" not more "Die" and make seperator for "," and "." thats all.

See here the Options...

Differences Schnedi´s Original and my modded Version:

+ New Overlay (more HTC look)
    + New Text positions
    + Original HTC ONE X Widget Fonts
    + V2 with Refresh-Button

RESPEKT TO SCHNEDI AND THANKS FOR THE ORIGINAL iWIDGET !
    Last edited by UNLOCKZ; 05-07-2013 at 02:05 PM.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UNLOCKZ For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (05-12-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), joshlogic (05-07-2013)