Page 221 of 365 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211219220221222223 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

Quote Originally Posted by The Spirit View Post
    today i did a fresh set up of my iPhone 5 with 6.1.2.
    after installing mylocation and iwidgets it get on all widgets the following error (see picture):

Attachment 634742

what am i doing wrong?

additionally, i saw an idea for a cool widget.
    is someone able to make an iwidget out of this?

Attachment 634743
    I answered this on the Auros thread. Please don't post in multiple threads.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by cg2006 View Post
    How do you add iwidgets to your lock screen?
    Well, King's right, you can't ACTUALLY pin an iWidget to a LS. But you can add the contents of an iWidget to a LS via a little code cutting and pasteing. What exactly did you have in mind?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

I can't seem to make an iWidget show in LivePreview in TacoHTML edit. Besides copying the myLocation.txt file to the root directory of the folder and pointing the location.js' first jQueryGet to the root directory - what else do I have to modify in the iWidget's folder to edit it in a software like Taco? My emerging coder's sense tells me that it's not showing weather or forecast images because the config.js stuff is now residing in the Options.plist file. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I can't seem to make an iWidget show in LivePreview in TacoHTML edit. Besides copying the myLocation.txt file to the root directory of the folder and pointing the location.js' first jQueryGet to the root directory - what else do I have to modify in the iWidget's folder to edit it in a software like Taco? My emerging coder's sense tells me that it's not showing weather or forecast images because the config.js stuff is now residing in the Options.plist file. Is that it?
    That is exactly why your spot on
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), NewdestinyX (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That is exactly why your spot on
    So then there's no real way to see it in Taco's Live Preview?? You'd have to convert everything from the options.plist into config.JS syntax. Correct?

Yes, most if not all, software has no way of utilizing the plist file. You need to crest a config file and then call it from the HTML file.

Are we having fun yet!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, most if not all, software has no way of utilizing the plist file. You need to crest a config file and then call it from the HTML file.

Are we having fun yet!
    Oh yeah! What does the term "crest" a config file mean?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Oh yeah! What does the term "crest" a config file mean?
    Think he meant create. Autocorrect.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Think he meant create. Autocorrect.
    Ah, of course.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

That's why I keep a config file linked even when using options plist and just comment it out
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), Simon (04-26-2013), The.Drifter (04-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That's why I keep a config file linked even when using options plist and just comment it out
    Great idea Gunny. But often an iWidget I want to mod only comes to me with the Options.plist a modder created from scratch. And doesn't the main.js file call to the Options.plist in a different way than a config.js does? Seems like I'd need to reverse engineer an Options.plist file to get a config.js.

Great idea Gunny. But often an iWidget I want to mod only comes to me with the Options.plist a modder created from scratch. And doesn't the main.js file call to the Options.plist in a different way than a config.js does? Seems like I'd need to reverse engineer an Options.plist file to get a config.js.
    Sorry about the crest thing, damn autocorrect.

You've made iWidgets out of LS's before, did you mod the js file for it to work?

I also leave a config.js like Gunny suggested, in case I wanna change, add or whatever.

Keep at it Grant, then I can start sending you my projects!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Sorry about the crest thing, damn autocorrect.

You've made iWidgets out of LS's before, did you mod the js file for it to work?

I also leave a config.js like Gunny suggested, in case I wanna change, add or whatever.

Keep at it Grant, then I can start sending you my projects!
    Yeah I have converted from
    LS to iW before. Dang. What did I do with the config.js???? I guess I just left it alone. I've only done simple ones without any options. So that's where I'm lost I guess. I know how to mod an existing Options.plist but I don't know how to convert a config.js to an Options.plist since I haven't done that yet. I'll poke around. Hints?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

Yeah I have converted from
    LS to iW before. Dang. What did I do with the config.js???? I guess I just left it alone. I've only done simple ones without any options. So that's where I'm lost I guess. I know how to mod an existing Options.plist but I don't know how to convert a config.js to an Options.plist since I haven't done that yet. I'll poke around. Hints?
    Look at the latest UniAW LS and iWidget and use you compare software.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (04-26-2013)

Look at the latest UniAW LS and iWidget and use you compare software.
    I'll try!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), Simon (04-26-2013)

I'll try!
    That's the spirit! I am very confident that you will be successful!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

SHARON1O (04-28-2013), Simon (04-26-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

bump

Ok guys! Here is an iWidget i put tother to showcase Sk37cHs weather icons!

dk chalkboard iWidget.

Choice of overlays and weather icons in the options!

Credits to Durben for the original code modded by myself!

Thanks to Sk37cH for his Amazing weather icons!

Hope you like it guys.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hblca8mly...chalkboard.zip
    Last edited by daddykool; 04-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.

29. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to daddykool For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (04-29-2013), Dalvar3 (05-01-2013), GAIAStevef (04-27-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), jjk454ss (05-01-2013), joshlogic (04-27-2013), KraXik (04-28-2013), Marty McFly (04-27-2013), Mav1971 (04-28-2013), melodeee (04-30-2013), mirilopr (04-27-2013), NewdestinyX (04-27-2013), phil73 (04-27-2013), pnunez1310 (04-27-2013), pocketdoc (04-27-2013), Ramses2 (04-27-2013), RKO1195 (04-27-2013), Simon (04-27-2013), Sk37cH (04-27-2013), The_Durben (04-27-2013)

That's the spirit! I am very confident that you will be successful!
    Though using DiffMerge as a training tool is a GREAT idea, King.. I've now examined all main files using Ian's UniAW6.1_WB and UniAW6.1_iW as my base comparison - the perfect Primer for this journey.. But to no avail. The Widget.html's are identical except for the Refresh button he added to the iW version. The UniAW6.css files are identical except for Refresh button and the -20px conversion needed for WB version from PP version. And the Main.js - VERY surprisingly - again identical between the two. THAT's where I was SURE I was gonna find how the iWidget calls out to the Options.plist for configurable things - where the WB version looks to the config.js. But, alas, no -- that is not where the answers lie.

So there must be something in iWidget, the tweak itself, that looks to an Options.plist for certain elements. So comparing the two folders didn't teach me how to reverse engineer an Options.plist file back to a config.js. Any other ideas where I can look? Eager to learn. But need the right tools.

Grant

Look what's hilited
    key name
    string gps
    Is the var gps in a Config file
    defaut
    true in the plist is the equivalent of var gps = true;

Get it?

The type of the option in the plist is what tells it to be true or false (on/off) setting, a window to choose a setting or edit option to bring up a keyboard and type it in.

iWidgets use the Options.plist as the Config.js file.
    As long as all variables are defined in the options plist you don't need the Config.js for variables
    Or the script type src pointing to it.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (04-27-2013)

Page 221 of 365 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211219220221222223 231 271 321 ... LastLast