Page 221 of 365 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211219220221222223 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 7290

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

  1. #4401
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spirit View Post
    today i did a fresh set up of my iPhone 5 with 6.1.2.
    after installing mylocation and iwidgets it get on all widgets the following error (see picture):

    Attachment 634742

    what am i doing wrong?

    additionally, i saw an idea for a cool widget.
    is someone able to make an iwidget out of this?

    Attachment 634743
    I answered this on the Auros thread. Please don't post in multiple threads.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  2. #4402
    Quote Originally Posted by cg2006 View Post
    How do you add iwidgets to your lock screen?
    Well, King's right, you can't ACTUALLY pin an iWidget to a LS. But you can add the contents of an iWidget to a LS via a little code cutting and pasteing. What exactly did you have in mind?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. #4403
    I can't seem to make an iWidget show in LivePreview in TacoHTML edit. Besides copying the myLocation.txt file to the root directory of the folder and pointing the location.js' first jQueryGet to the root directory - what else do I have to modify in the iWidget's folder to edit it in a software like Taco? My emerging coder's sense tells me that it's not showing weather or forecast images because the config.js stuff is now residing in the Options.plist file. Is that it?

  4. #4404
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I can't seem to make an iWidget show in LivePreview in TacoHTML edit. Besides copying the myLocation.txt file to the root directory of the folder and pointing the location.js' first jQueryGet to the root directory - what else do I have to modify in the iWidget's folder to edit it in a software like Taco? My emerging coder's sense tells me that it's not showing weather or forecast images because the config.js stuff is now residing in the Options.plist file. Is that it?
    That is exactly why your spot on
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), NewdestinyX (04-26-2013)

  6. #4405
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That is exactly why your spot on
    So then there's no real way to see it in Taco's Live Preview?? You'd have to convert everything from the options.plist into config.JS syntax. Correct?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  7. #4406
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I can't seem to make an iWidget show in LivePreview in TacoHTML edit. Besides copying the myLocation.txt file to the root directory of the folder and pointing the location.js' first jQueryGet to the root directory - what else do I have to modify in the iWidget's folder to edit it in a software like Taco? My emerging coder's sense tells me that it's not showing weather or forecast images because the config.js stuff is now residing in the Options.plist file. Is that it?
    Yes, most if not all, software has no way of utilizing the plist file. You need to crest a config file and then call it from the HTML file.

    Are we having fun yet!

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (04-26-2013)

  9. #4407
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, most if not all, software has no way of utilizing the plist file. You need to crest a config file and then call it from the HTML file.

    Are we having fun yet!
    Oh yeah! What does the term "crest" a config file mean?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

  11. #4408
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,774
    Thanks
    6,978
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Oh yeah! What does the term "crest" a config file mean?
    Think he meant create. Autocorrect.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

  13. #4409
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Think he meant create. Autocorrect.
    Ah, of course.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

  15. #4410
    That's why I keep a config file linked even when using options plist and just comment it out
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), Simon (04-26-2013), The.Drifter (04-26-2013)

  17. #4411
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    That's why I keep a config file linked even when using options plist and just comment it out
    Great idea Gunny. But often an iWidget I want to mod only comes to me with the Options.plist a modder created from scratch. And doesn't the main.js file call to the Options.plist in a different way than a config.js does? Seems like I'd need to reverse engineer an Options.plist file to get a config.js.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. #4412
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Great idea Gunny. But often an iWidget I want to mod only comes to me with the Options.plist a modder created from scratch. And doesn't the main.js file call to the Options.plist in a different way than a config.js does? Seems like I'd need to reverse engineer an Options.plist file to get a config.js.
    Sorry about the crest thing, damn autocorrect.

    You've made iWidgets out of LS's before, did you mod the js file for it to work?

    I also leave a config.js like Gunny suggested, in case I wanna change, add or whatever.

    Keep at it Grant, then I can start sending you my projects!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  19. #4413
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Sorry about the crest thing, damn autocorrect.

    You've made iWidgets out of LS's before, did you mod the js file for it to work?

    I also leave a config.js like Gunny suggested, in case I wanna change, add or whatever.

    Keep at it Grant, then I can start sending you my projects!
    Yeah I have converted from
    LS to iW before. Dang. What did I do with the config.js???? I guess I just left it alone. I've only done simple ones without any options. So that's where I'm lost I guess. I know how to mod an existing Options.plist but I don't know how to convert a config.js to an Options.plist since I haven't done that yet. I'll poke around. Hints?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013)

  21. #4414
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah I have converted from
    LS to iW before. Dang. What did I do with the config.js???? I guess I just left it alone. I've only done simple ones without any options. So that's where I'm lost I guess. I know how to mod an existing Options.plist but I don't know how to convert a config.js to an Options.plist since I haven't done that yet. I'll poke around. Hints?
    Look at the latest UniAW LS and iWidget and use you compare software.

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (04-26-2013)

  23. #4415
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Look at the latest UniAW LS and iWidget and use you compare software.
    I'll try!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-26-2013), Simon (04-26-2013)

  25. #4416
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I'll try!
    That's the spirit! I am very confident that you will be successful!

    Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    SHARON1O (04-28-2013), Simon (04-26-2013)

  27. #4417
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    1,882
    Thanked 331 Times in 227 Posts

    bump

  28. #4418
    Ok guys! Here is an iWidget i put tother to showcase Sk37cHs weather icons!

    dk chalkboard iWidget.

    Choice of overlays and weather icons in the options!

    Credits to Durben for the original code modded by myself!

    Thanks to Sk37cH for his Amazing weather icons!



    Hope you like it guys.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hblca8mly...chalkboard.zip
    Last edited by daddykool; 04-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.

  29. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to daddykool For This Useful Post:

    CrazyChester (04-29-2013), Dalvar3 (05-01-2013), GAIAStevef (04-27-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), jjk454ss (05-01-2013), joshlogic (04-27-2013), KraXik (04-28-2013), Marty McFly (04-27-2013), Mav1971 (04-28-2013), melodeee (04-30-2013), mirilopr (04-27-2013), NewdestinyX (04-27-2013), phil73 (04-27-2013), pnunez1310 (04-27-2013), pocketdoc (04-27-2013), Ramses2 (04-27-2013), RKO1195 (04-27-2013), Simon (04-27-2013), Sk37cH (04-27-2013), The_Durben (04-27-2013)

  30. #4419
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    That's the spirit! I am very confident that you will be successful!
    Though using DiffMerge as a training tool is a GREAT idea, King.. I've now examined all main files using Ian's UniAW6.1_WB and UniAW6.1_iW as my base comparison - the perfect Primer for this journey.. But to no avail. The Widget.html's are identical except for the Refresh button he added to the iW version. The UniAW6.css files are identical except for Refresh button and the -20px conversion needed for WB version from PP version. And the Main.js - VERY surprisingly - again identical between the two. THAT's where I was SURE I was gonna find how the iWidget calls out to the Options.plist for configurable things - where the WB version looks to the config.js. But, alas, no -- that is not where the answers lie.

    So there must be something in iWidget, the tweak itself, that looks to an Options.plist for certain elements. So comparing the two folders didn't teach me how to reverse engineer an Options.plist file back to a config.js. Any other ideas where I can look? Eager to learn. But need the right tools.

  31. #4420
    Grant

    Look what's hilited
    key name
    string gps
    Is the var gps in a Config file
    defaut
    true in the plist is the equivalent of var gps = true;

    Get it?

    The type of the option in the plist is what tells it to be true or false (on/off) setting, a window to choose a setting or edit option to bring up a keyboard and type it in.



    iWidgets use the Options.plist as the Config.js file.
    As long as all variables are defined in the options plist you don't need the Config.js for variables
    Or the script type src pointing to it.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (04-27-2013)

Page 221 of 365 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211219220221222223 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •