Page 213 of 355 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203211212213214215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

  1. #4241
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You can do it on a computer in a browser. Obviously safari is a good choice, but chrom has advantages also. There are also html editing software available that will do the same thing.
    What good HTML editors would you all recommend ? I've had some experience with Dreamweaver, but that was way back in it's Macromedia days (at the risk if dating myself)...

    I'd prefer something that will actually lay everything out visually if possible, that way I can select and drag elements in the layout like layers in PS. Is that even possible ?

    I'm not opposed to spending the $$ needed, but I want to make sure a package will do what I need before I put the $$ down.

  2. #4242
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    No no - not at all bro. I'm just glad it's not only me. Thanks!

    Edit: do you know if there is another way to preview CSS changes (on i4) without a respring until the iFile bug is fixed?



    Really? That's the latest one? The version i found is 1.3 and the revision notes say April 10th was the last update. The screenshots don't show the new refresh button. I just want to make sure before I purchase. Thanks Schnedi!
    Marty. If you want to get serious about modding with live preview - you HAVE to invest the $19 or so in Taco HTML Edit. AMAZING. Revolutionized my work paradigm.

    There's a LIVE PREVIEW mode in it that allows you to open any of the files and work on them and each change you do will redraw the widget live for you in the right panel or bottom panel and you can see the result of your work LIVE.. Of course if you're working in a .js or .css file of the mod - the software will ask you WHICH 'HTML' file it's associated with and open THAT html file since an HTML file is what runs a widget. But it only asks you for that 'relationship' once per script you're working on.

    To make it work on your computer. You have to make a copy of the myLocation.txt file from your phone in var/mobile/Documents onto your desktop and then move it into the root director of the widget's folder. So your widget folder should look like this:


    Then to get the widget copied onto your computer to use the myLocation.txt file in that same folder you need to 'temporarily', for working, change one address in the location.js file. It's real simple - look here:



    Then erase the "//" comment-out lines in front of: jQuery.get('myLocation.txt........ --and--
    place a "//" in front of: jQuery.get('file:///private...........

    It's that simple. You'll be in LIVE preview mode. It's the best $ you'll ever spend on a tool to do modding and check your results in real time! Ian Nicoll turned me onto to it. It maybe be Mac only.. which would be a shame.. But I'm not sure..
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-14-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-14-2013), Marty McFly (04-14-2013)

  4. #4243
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,527
    Thanks
    42,256
    Thanked 18,000 Times in 6,544 Posts

    I've not used it, but have heard its good software too. It is MAC only too.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Best01 (04-23-2013), NewdestinyX (04-14-2013)

  6. #4244
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I've not used it, but have heard its good software too. It is MAC only too.
    uggh.. shoot. I was afraid of that. You sure, King? Mac Only? There's GOT to be a Live Preview editor out there for PC too....

  7. #4245
    Dreamweaver but it costs a bomb
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  8. #4246
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    No no - not at all bro. I'm just glad it's not only me. Thanks!

    Edit: do you know if there is another way to preview CSS changes (on i4) without a respring until the iFile bug is fixed?


    Just open another .html file in web viewer then go back to the one you edited and open it
    The changes will refresh. This will work for all changes except script changes in .js files
    For that you can clear ifile from task switcher and then open ifile again and run your widget in web viewer to see the change

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (04-14-2013), RKO1195 (04-14-2013)

  10. #4247
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I've not used it, but have heard its good software too. It is MAC only too.
    Ha! Of course. I'm on a PC! %#!$*

    King, you mentioned that Google Chrome will do live preview. When I copy a theme folder to my desktop and work on it from there....when I open the HTML file, I don't see any of the CSS changes or any style at all for that matter. How can I get Chrome to recognize my CSS file when the theme folder is local on my computer?

    EDIT: Got this part above working but not the part below. I've copied the myLocation.txt file to the root of the theme folder on my desktop and I've made the change in the location.js file. Just says "loading...." when I preview. Any thoughts?

    I never even see any weather data when tinkering locally but thanks to Grant's post above, I now know how to fix that. Grant, copying the MyLocation.txt file over and changing that one line in location.js is an AWESOME tip - thank you so much!

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Just open another .html file in web viewer then go back to the one you edited and open it
    The changes will refresh. This will work for all changes except script changes in .js files
    For that you can clear ifile from task switcher and then open ifile again and run your widget in web viewer to see the change
    Wow, great tip - thanks Durben. I will give that a try!
    Last edited by Marty McFly; 04-14-2013 at 05:33 PM.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (04-14-2013)

  12. #4248
    Instagram Slideshow new widgets

    Make sure you read the post and instructions.

    Here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...ml#post6837317

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    Destan (04-15-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), Marty McFly (04-14-2013), metaserph (04-15-2013), sethbossfan (04-14-2013), Simon (04-14-2013), Sk37cH (04-14-2013)

  14. #4249
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Marty.
    To make it work on your computer. You have to make a copy of the myLocation.txt file from your phone in var/mobile/Documents onto your desktop and then move it into the root director of the widget's folder.
    Check!

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Then to get the widget copied onto your computer to use the myLocation.txt file in that same folder you need to 'temporarily', for working, change one address in the location.js file. Then erase the "//" comment-out lines in front of: jQuery.get('myLocation.txt........ --and--
    place a "//" in front of: jQuery.get('file:///private...........
    Check!
    Location.js file looks like this:

    //jQuery.get ('file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {
    jQuery.get('myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {



    I'm not getting any weather data when I preview in Chrome. Just says "Loading...". Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

  15. #4250
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Check!



    Check!
    Location.js file looks like this:

    //jQuery.get ('file:///private/var/mobile/Documents/myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {
    jQuery.get('myLocation.txt', function(appdata) {



    I'm not getting any weather data when I preview in Chrome. Just says "Loading...". Any thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Marty,
    What widget is it? Let me try and duplicate issue here.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  16. #4251
    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Marty,
    What widget is it? Let me try and duplicate issue here.
    Hey Grant,
    Tried to PM you. Guess I'm not special enough

    It's actually a lockscreen theme not an iwidget. I'm so sorry as I totally should have mentioned that earlier. Does that make a difference?

    I don't really have a goal with this theme I'm playing around with. Just moving and changing some fonts around for the sake of getting familiar with CSS. I'll give you a hint, it's a LS theme you have for sure!!!

  17. #4252
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hey Grant,
    Tried to PM you. Guess I'm not special enough

    It's actually a lockscreen theme not an iwidget. I'm so sorry as I totally should have mentioned that earlier. Does that make a difference?

    I don't really have a goal with this theme I'm playing around with. Just moving and changing some fonts around for the sake of getting familiar with CSS. I'll give you a hint, it's a LS theme you have for sure!!!
    Think smash Grant

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (04-14-2013)

  19. #4253
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Instagram Slideshow new widgets

    Make sure you read the post and instructions.

    Here: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-5-ne...ml#post6837317
    Durben is there anyway we could theme the instagram icon? i would love to use it with ayecon

  20. #4254
    In chrome you may have to --disable-web-security for it to show on pc

  21. #4255
    Marty... Turn GPS off in the config if you're trying to run it on PC

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (04-14-2013)

  23. #4256
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Hey Grant,
    Tried to PM you. Guess I'm not special enough

    It's actually a lockscreen theme not an iwidget. I'm so sorry as I totally should have mentioned that earlier. Does that make a difference?

    I don't really have a goal with this theme I'm playing around with. Just moving and changing some fonts around for the sake of getting familiar with CSS. I'll give you a hint, it's a LS theme you have for sure!!!
    Okay, Marty. I know the one you're talking about. Do you have any web security turned on in Chrome? And I'll add you as a contact. I had some jerks PM'ing me. Now I choose who gets thru.

    Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    Think smash Grant
    Thanks, Bombmom! Good to see you here.

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Marty... Turn GPS off in the config if you're trying to run it on PC
    Ah yes, of course! Now don't solve his theming problem. Give me a try, MJ!! Lol!!!!!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 04-14-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  24. #4257
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1365985854.577837.jpg
    I have been trying for days to get the weather to appear on this theme with no luck. I have been unable to find a correction when searching through the forum. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

    Also for some reason on my homepage, my Winterboard icon changes constantly with my current weather. The weather on the top of my home page only changed when I respring. I can't seem to fix that either along with extending the background all the way down to the dock.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1365986063.476293.jpg

    I want to thank all the mods and everyone for that matter, for all of this. Even my makeshift theme is a million times better than the default. You guys are very much appreciated!

  25. #4258
    Marty,
    You can PM me now..

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    Marty McFly (04-14-2013)

  27. #4259
    lots of interest in last two widgets I posted links to in here....
    Won't bother doing that anymore

    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacTobalina View Post
    Durben is there anyway we could theme the instagram icon? i would love to use it with ayecon
    Yeah make one out of an icon psd into just the icon frame
    Add it to Style folder in the widget. Rename one of the overlays in there, rename yours to that one.
    Then select that one when you set options and load the widget
    Last edited by The_Durben; 04-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    metaserph (04-15-2013), Simon (04-14-2013)

  29. #4260
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    lots of interest in last two widgets I posted links to in here....
    Won't bother doing that anymore



    Yeah make one out of an icon psd into just the icon frame
    Add it to Style folder in the widget. Rename one of the overlays in there, rename yours to that one.
    Then select that one when you set options and load the widget
    alright thanks for fast reply i love your awesome iwidgets

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacTobalina For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (04-15-2013)

Page 213 of 355 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203211212213214215 223 263 313 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •