Page 21 of 355 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

thanks Durben,good job

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    lol pretty much only me at this point....

Here's my mini gps with options for those who want to try. Same as the one pictured in my previous post with all 4 options showing in different spots.

http://db.tt/clRdIRzh

Get it while the link is still up.
    I've been waiting for this one for SO long. Tried to mod to iWidget myself as you know - but don't have PhotoShop. This is one of my favorites of yours. Thanks for your generosity in releasing Minimal here. Durben. And with the options for the unstable. WOW!! It's like Christmas in August!!! I don't like the word 'unstable' in anything. But I have to try now. Eldwin had all this other terminology of HTC and ASUS -- blah, blah.. Do I need to enable and download all that extra stuff he's talking about there - or are they just example widgets like you're releasing here? So it's as simple an install as the 'stable' version? The unstable one just scared me when I first read it..

Thanks again Durben, for Minimal as an iWidget!
    Grant
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 08-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-27-2012)

Those widgets are just examples on the first post
    And the minimal one was released here. Long while back page 4 I think

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (08-27-2012), Schnedi (08-27-2012)

can't believe it i was working on the same!! i added the options for the languages and temp

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (10-19-2012), ecksel02 (08-27-2012), GUNNY29 (08-27-2012), indyzzzz (10-20-2012), It's Mi (08-27-2012), NewdestinyX (08-27-2012), phil73 (08-27-2012), pocketdoc (08-27-2012), sickchris714 (08-27-2012), The_Durben (08-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    can't believe it i was working on the same!! i added the options for the languages and temp

Was going to add the c or f option in the mini I posted but didn't do anything with it previously as I thought no one was using this version
    Much better when more more people play. Especially ones who can write the widgets and not just edit a widget to be an iWidget.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

elilab (09-01-2012), GUNNY29 (08-27-2012), It's Mi (08-27-2012)

Ah -- I must have missed it.

For those installing Eldwin's 'unstable' version -- I got a CRASH to SAFE MODE after installing and restarting Springboard. But I simply hit 'restart' from safe mode and all works fine now. So there's something fishy there. Just glad it's not conflicting with any of my other 'bazillion' tweaks I'm running. For those jumping in late -- iWidget is NOT compatible with Infiniboard. iWidget won't launch at all with Infiniboard installed. Eldwin has no intention of working that out.. :-)

So Durben -- you were implying a couple of posts ago that iWidget DOES work on iPad - but only Portrait mode? I would think that huge screen would be a wonderful playground for iWidgets... I use mostly Landscape in all my dealings with my iPad -- so I guess if I place the iWidget in Landscape it'll always stay there.. right?

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    SO GREAT that that's possible! I think this is the future of widget making. Having all those options 'user definable' is great. No more iFile needed just to change temperature unit and language. LOVE IT! Thanks Schnedi!

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Very nice 😊

I tried to tempt The_Durben into making a flip clock boss icon iWidget but he did not take the Bait LOL.

Maybe you could give it a go ?
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them, I edited my original post and added the Calendar and Clock as seperate iWidgets as well.

As for a flip/clock iWidget, I think Schnedi just posted one a few pages back with a weather element attached to it.

Perhaps he will release a version of his without the weather.

If he don't feel like it, I could possible mod his version and strip out the weather code and reformat it. but I would need his permission to mod his work for release. Also, I don't have photoshop as its not my forte' so I can't resize any image work properly to make it larger/smaller.

Give Schnedi's version a try first, I think you will like it.

My experience with iwidget unstable was I installed I resprung then it worked
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

--NEW TOPIC--
    I hear through the grapevine that there's already an untethered JB for 4S and iPad 3 for iOS6 releasing soon (And iPhone 4 will always have a Redsnow untethered JB with any new iOS due to the bootrom exploit).

Is there any reason to believe that all the great mod work that's been done through this last year for iOS5 will have troubles in iOS6? Will iWidgets still work? Will our favorite weather SB mods work? Any thoughts?

We all know it will be a WHILE before we get a Jaibreak on iPhone 5 or iPad Mini running iOS6 - but those of us keeping our 4s's for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    My experience with iwidget unstable was I installed I resprung then it worked
    Prolly one of my zillion tweaks that made it do that. Hopefully I won't see more trouble as the days go on..

Thanks

hi everyone !

i have a newbie question to ask and sorry if it's an useless one .

please , someone can tell me what's the difference between iwdget and dashboard x ?

can i use a "iwidget-widget" with dashboard x ?

edit : i forgot ! what is the best tweak ? iwidget or dashboard x

thanks again !!

Is anyone else using the "unstable" version?
    Adds ability to have options integrated. Basically I have 4 iWidgets that have alternate background layers and or different clock faces that you can change in the options window instead of editing the widget to use a different layer. I'm thinking I'm the only one using this? None of the widgets ate available as it doesn't work with the original tweak.
    Heres an example. It's my mini GPS widget, activated 4 separate times but choosing the different BG layer or in the last using none.

eldwin you should change the name of that one. I haven't had an issue with it at all since you put it up.
    That's the widget I've been looking for!!! Thanks D

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iskariotA For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-27-2012)

You can place an iWidget on iPad only while in portrait mode. You can then rotate and move the widget around as long as it doesn't drop into the dock or go into spotlite when you place and then rotate or it disappears (basically removes itself as a failsafe as you can't edit/move it in the dock area)

Quote Originally Posted by nonor View Post
    hi everyone !

please , someone can tell me what's the difference between iwdget and dashboard x ?

thanks again !!
    They do not work with each other and you cannot use a widget for one in the other.
    Dashboardx is limited as to what you can create in comparison to iWidgets.

I personally wouldn't (and haven't) install dashboardx on my phone
    This has been a far better tweak IMO
    Last edited by The_Durben; 08-27-2012 at 03:28 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (08-27-2012), It's Mi (08-27-2012), nonor (08-27-2012)

First off even if there I an untethered jb already for 4s and ipad3 which I doubt as I follow all major devs an havnt heard anything not saying your wrong just saying.

There won't always be an untethered for the iPhone 4 the boot room exploit allows a guaranteed tethered jailbreak.

And there is no way to know unless someone is jb on one of the ios6 betas and can test.

Probably maybe not just letting people know as to not scare them off. Seeing the options available and the 2 guys in this thread already working on widgets with options it's Definetly the version to be on

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    --NEW TOPIC--
    I hear through the grapevine that there's already an untethered JB for 4S and iPad 3 for iOS6 releasing soon (And iPhone 4 will always have a Redsnow untethered JB with any new iOS due to the bootrom exploit).

Is there any reason to believe that all the great mod work that's been done through this last year for iOS5 will have troubles in iOS6? Will iWidgets still work? Will our favorite weather SB mods work? Any thoughts?

We all know it will be a WHILE before we get a Jaibreak on iPhone 5 or iPad Mini running iOS6 - but those of us keeping our 4s's for a while?

Prolly one of my zillion tweaks that made it do that. Hopefully I won't see more trouble as the days go on..

Quote Originally Posted by nonor View Post
    hi everyone !

thanks again !!
    iWidget uses HTML Widgets and coding.

Dashboard X uses notification center widgets and most are coded in objective C.

Both have their merits, but the widgets created for each are not interchangeable.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

nonor (08-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by iskarioT View Post
    That's the widget I've been looking for!!! Thanks D
    To use the version I just posted last page you need uninstall iWidget tweak and install the "unstable" version
    Don't be scared of the unstable, it's been on my phone for months already with no issue

23. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

iskariotA (08-27-2012)

To use the version I just posted last page you need uninstall iWidget tweak and install the "unstable" version
    Don't be scared of the unstable, it's been on my phone for months already with no issue
    +1. The "unstable" version is far from being unstable, I have also had this version on my device since it was first released and can concur with Durben that it works fine.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (08-27-2012)

First off even if there I an untethered jb already for 4s and ipad3 which I doubt as I follow all major devs an havnt heard anything not saying your wrong just saying.

There won't always be an untethered for the iPhone 4 the boot room exploit allows a guaranteed tethered jailbreak.

And there is no way to know unless someone is jb on one of the ios6 betas and can test.

Probably maybe not just letting people know as to not scare them off. Seeing the options available and the 2 guys in this thread already working on widgets with options it's Definetly the version to be on
    Thanks for the corrections, Gunny. I follow all the devs too and for sure there's an iOS6 JB for 4S. It's already been running on phones of a couple people here - that have reported testing it with their developer apple iOS 6 betas. Maybe we're talking about same people.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Most here have just been running unjailbroken 4s on ios6 beta I did for a week havnt seen anyone with a 4s on ios6 jailbroken and if these guys had so would the main devs we both follow.

A few are maybe on a iphone4 running ios6 with a tethered jailbreak devs would never make a jailbreak public while the os is still in beta

Is it possible to have a iwidget to show the artwork of the music playing? I like the now playing widget for dashboardx but don't really want to keep it installed just for that. Don't really care if the widget can control the music since I can just use podcontrol or the multitask controls for that

Most here have just been running unjailbroken 4s on ios6 beta I did for a week havnt seen anyone with a 4s on ios6 jailbroken and if these guys had so would the main devs we both follow.

A few are maybe on a iphone4 running ios6 with a tethered jailbreak devs would never make a jailbreak public while the os is still in beta
    That may be it. About 30 pages back in the MiOS thread a guy was testing several SB mods on jailbroken iOS6 beta. There were several posts about it. You must have missed it. I thought he said 4S.. But it must be RedSnow iPhone 4 JB. But 4S tethered JB will be out shortly after iOS6 release just the same as there was A4 tethered within a couple weeks of iOS5 release.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Page 21 of 355 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 121 ... LastLast