+ Reply
Page 205 of 333 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195203204205206207 215 255 305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 6656

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Or an onscreen battery gauge, with charge level, and charge/discharge rate.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sethbossfan View Post
    Is there a down side to configuring weather widget update intervals to 5 minutes or less? The lowest I've seen onset of them is 10 minutes.
    Yeah battery drain. You're completely running the widget with calls to yahoo and refreshing everything.
    There is no need to have it set below 15 minutes
    Yahoo doesn't even update that quick. You're calling the same info over and over for the same thing.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), NewdestinyX (04-10-2013), sethbossfan (04-10-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life sethbossfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 818 Posts

Dashboard x would allow you to use NC widgets even resized like battery center and battery info as widgets On your springboard. I've seen several requests to for a battery widget so I figured I'd point that out

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Yeah battery drain. You're completely running the widget with calls to yahoo and refreshing everything.
    Yahoo doesn't even update that quick. You're calling the same info over and over for the same thing.
    Some of the best widgets with an options.plist allow is to choose 10 minutes as an update interval so I was curious. Thanks.

I'm in the minority as the down fall of battery drain doesn't bother me since I'm always charging my phone.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 04-10-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    IOS 7 - A KNEE JERK JAILBREAK RELEASE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    I have a question, I see alot of clocks and weather. can we not do speed and compass direction?
    id love it if we could.
    Most people are only making weather widgets or clocks. There's ones who are writing these out with great functions and options but most are just modding the style of them. They can't add options or make a new widget.
    Unfortunately there is me and maybe a handful of others (didn't want to list names so as to leave someone out but I guess either way people will misunderstand) making different widgets
    (Icon overlays that are animated, music player as examples)

This is not to take shots at anyone at all, just making a point.
    Need some originality.

I've already gave great examples of thinking outside the box and even getting widgets outside the plist size.
    Personally I just can't make everything or even try suggestions. Got a lot of other requests already that go unanswered just cause I don't have the time.

For ones asking for specific widgets, go find them online.
    Get ones with open license and post links. There's a few on here that can easily write them into iWidgets, just all may not work.

If you can't find an example of the widget online it probably can't be done.
    Maybe do a bit if homework before asking for specific widgets.
    Would help us all help each other

Dashboard x would allow you to use NC widgets even resized like battery center and battery info as widgets On your springboard. I've seen several requests to for a battery widget so I figured I'd point that out

Some of the best widgets with an options.plist allow is to choose 10 minutes as an update interval so I was curious. Thanks.

I'm in the minority as the down fall of battery drain doesn't bother me since I'm always charging my phone.
    You're missing the point about the battery drain I think.
    You're doing it unnecessarily if you're calling the weather refresh at a ridiculous interval like under 10 or even 5 mins
    There is nothing to update most times from yahoo so you're using unnecessary resources on your phone to accomplish nothing. It's just not needed
    Last edited by The_Durben; 04-10-2013 at 05:54 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

Destan (04-10-2013), King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), Sk37cH (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Most people are only making weather widgets or clocks. There's ones who are writing these out with great functions and options but most are just modding the style of them. They can't add options or make a new widget.
    Unfortunately there is me and maybe a handful of others making different widgets

Need some originality.

I've already gave great examples of thinking outside the box and even getting widgets outside the plist size.
    Personally I just can't make everything or even try suggestions. Got a lot of other requests already that go unanswered just cause I don't have the time.

Get ones with open license and post links. There's a few on here that can easily write them into iWidgets, just all may not work.

I can vow for Durben as he has made a Iwidget fish tank and Instagram slides how as well as a music widget. He even made a drop screen slideshow which comes with Auros.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 04-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-10-2013), KraXik (04-10-2013), The_Durben (04-10-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,124 Times in 5,498 Posts

Is there a down side to configuring weather widget update intervals to 5 minutes or less? The lowest I've seen onset of them is 10 minutes.
    More data usage. Every time it goes out to fetch the weather, it uses data. Otherwise set it to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLTAGExDT View Post
    I have a question, I see alot of clocks and weather. can we not do speed and compass direction?
    id love it if we could.
    You can display wind speed and direction, but not compass direction or traveling speed. That would require entirely different code.

Quote Originally Posted by GAIAStevef View Post
    This cannot be done through html either.

Haven't you asked this before???
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-10-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-10-2013), sethbossfan (04-10-2013), The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Unfortunately there is me and maybe a handful of others making different widgets

Need some originality.

You're missing the point about the battery drain I think.
    You're doing it unnecessarily if you're calling the weather refresh at a ridiculous interval like under 10 or even 5 mins
    There is nothing to update most times from yahoo so you're using unnecessary resources on your phone to accomplish nothing. It's just not needed
    Understood. Just saying some widgets have the 10 minute update option.

Is anyone having issues posting screenshots on modmyi's app today? I'm unable to after several log out attempts and resprings.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 04-10-2013 at 12:11 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,910 Times in 924 Posts

Well my MMI friends, hit my 500th post today 🎂

Time for The.Drifter to drift off into the Sunset ......🌇

Thanks everybody for all your support !

Cheers ✌
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 04-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Anthonerz (04-13-2013), azaleea (04-11-2013), chevymusclecar (04-10-2013), daddykool (04-12-2013), It's Mi (02-06-2014), itr2sti (04-10-2013), Jersey Girl (04-10-2013), joshlogic (04-10-2013), Lucys (04-20-2013), Marty McFly (04-13-2013), Project5 (04-10-2013), Simon (04-12-2013), Sk37cH (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Hello,

Someone will have a iWidget that displays the battery percentage please?

Sorry for my english

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

I can vow for Durben as he has made a Iwidget fish tank and Instagram slides how as well as a music widget. He even made a drop screen slideshow which comes with Auros.
    iWidget fish tank?!?! Can you remember where it's shared? Or on Cydia?

@Durben - start charging for requests. You have every right to. If someone asks for something and you make it, put it on Cydia for a $ or 2. You'll soon start weeding out the serious people from the moochers begging all the time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    iWidget fish tank?!?! Can you remember where it's shared? Or on Cydia?

@Durben - start charging for requests. You have every right to. If someone asks for something and you make it, put it on Cydia for a $ or 2. You'll soon start weeding out the serious people from the moochers begging all the time.
    [Tweak] iWidgets-photo.png

Here above is a screenshot of Durbens fish tank if you are interested in variety. I also put on the screenshot his instagram iwidget that comes in Cydia and is part of his widget pack for 99 cents. It comes with his own Instagram feed and also cars and weather but he posted a script on page 48 that allows you to replace his slideshow with your instagram slideshow.

In a post below this ill post my example of variety shortly with some screenshots of either current or past springboard pages that I run with as I enjoy modding my phone. Now keep in mind here...Durben and others will frown on some of this because they are not big fans of Dashboard X. I use BOTH iwidgets and Dashboard X. I feel there is a difference between NC widgets and widgets more suitable for the Springboard as well but in my case system type widgtets like Battery and stats are true NC widgets where as to me RSS widgets and tickers and music widgets are goods fore the springboard. I also never understood (and is one of the things I disagree with Durben and others on although been hesitant to mention it) is that Dashboard X works FLAWLESSLY (Ive never had a single issue) with iwidgets. In fact you don't even need to disable iwidgets in Mobile Substrate. I go to a folder and go into wiggle mode in the folder and it brings up the Dashboard X widgets:

EDIT: I seem to be having issues posting screenshots today using either the app or my PC. Nevertheless as a result Ill post screenies later of my phone and different mods past and present. Bottom line is I have Music widgets, RSS widgets, a scrolling Google ticker, and weather/slideshow/ clock iwidgets.
    Last edited by sethbossfan; 04-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (02-06-2014), KraXik (04-10-2013), The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Attachment 631657

Here above is a screenshot of Durbens fish tank if you are interested in variety. I also put on the screenshot his instagram iwidget that comes in Cydia and is part of his widget pack for 99 cents. It comes with his own Instagram feed and also cars and weather but he posted a script on page 48 that allows you to replace his slideshow with your instagram slideshow.
    Is the package called DB iwidgets? If so I'm purchasing right now

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Is the package called DB iwidgets? If so I'm purchasing right now
    yes. The instagram SS comes with it but the Fish Tank does not. I believe someone has a public dropbox posted with widget makers past creations they shared that has the fishtank.

Its well worth 99 cents.

Im having a lot of issues today posting screenshots via the modmyi app and the forum site on my PC. Is this happening to just me?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sethbossfan For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-10-2013), The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

yes. The instagram SS comes with it but the Fish Tank does not. I believe someone has a public dropbox posted with widget makers past creations they shared that has the fishtank.

Its well worth 99 cents.

Im having a lot of issues today posting screenshots via the modmyi app and the forum site on my PC. Is this happening to just me?
    Agree.

Happening to me too. Try just using photobucket or imageshack etc
    Last edited by KraXik; 04-10-2013 at 01:05 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (04-10-2013), The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,573 Times in 3,861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Are you sure your update interval is set for something longer than you are getting. Unless Dacal is constantly checking the myLocation.txt file to see if it changes and then if it does, it does a full update. I'll have to take a closer look.

Ok, it looks like the location.js checks your location every 20 seconds. But I think it's only outputting you city and the coordinates when it finds a sig change in your location. I gotta go back and look to see if its forcing a weather update when there is a location update. Funny how I never really noticed that before.
    Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Yes, I would agree with this after looking at the code. Never really looked that close at it, just used it. It is very well written. Kudos Dacal and Ian!
    Yeah - fascinating. I knew it was 'virtually' ignoring the Update Interval setting in its everyday operation. I think it's been wise for you coders offering help to use the 'caveat' "After the update interval" in your explanations so people don't get too greedy in their expectations. But for all practical sense - the update interval is a superfluous addition IMHO. All the more reason people shoudn't set it too small so as to not force the battery to work needlessly. I know Drifter put an option in all his iWidgets for update interval. But I leave it set to longest since it's not affecting the update time at all in this amazing code of Ian's and Dacal's.

Just keep it set as wide as possible to save battery. As I mentioned and King confirmed by looking at the code - there are so many other built in 'IMMEDIATE' update of location mechanisms built into the code (not the least of which is putting your phone into sleep mode and then waking it by the button on top) that the Update Interval will almost never be reached or needed.

Hey D.. did you know, before King double checked it for me - that for all practical purposes our widgets will never use the update interval anyway? And the info gotten from the myLocation.txt certainly does not wait to post to widgets through the set update interval. I'm glad.. ;-). But it begs the question is setting the update interval low really a battery drain? - Since the location.js code is set to refresh every 20 seconds. It doesn't seem that the update interval will ever be reached.

I don't have iTunes Match so I can't check this
    No idea where the files are stored (if they even download to your phone)
    If they do download and its not a complicated directory I'm sure it can be done.
    See if you have music files downloaded and if so send me the directory and maybe a screen of the folders/files
    I'm fairly certain on mine that if sig.change is on and the text file changes it runs the rest the rest of the weather scripts to update. If no change in text file the weather will refresh at set interval. I was testing on the weekend driving around. Instant change
    Thanks - I'll get back to you on this!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

sethbossfan (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Must be Lonely at the Top being the only "Innovator" here at MMI. Enjoy your Throne bro, its all you now
    Really, you take it that way?
    Did you even read the rest or just wanted to cut the rest of the quote to make a point about something? Not sure what you're saying here Drift
    Got respect for what you do
    Last edited by The_Durben; 04-10-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Needed a cookie

29. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

KraXik (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,465 Times in 4,034 Posts

D can you make it so I purchase your iwidget pack but not need to dl it to dl the add ons?
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

31. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    D can you make it so I purchase your iwidget pack but not need to dl it to dl the add ons?
    I want to know that myself too lol
    I'll check with MMi and see but not sure. Think you need the main as its a dependant

33. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

GUNNY29 (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,465 Times in 4,034 Posts

I know macciti can do it so pretty sure modmyi should be able to achieve this aswell.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

35. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

The_Durben (04-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Well my MMI friends, hit my 500th post today

Time for The.Drifter to drift off into the Sunset ......

Thanks everybody for all your support !

Cheers
    Woah 😥 Sorry to see you go Drifter! You will be missed 😩

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Project5 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (04-10-2013)