+ Reply
Page 192 of 355 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182190191192193194 202 242 292 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Drifter, Have you discontinued your GPS City iWidget? Nowhere in this new pack that I can see. I need that one, bro. Sorry mate, updated to
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Drifter,
    Have you discontinued your GPS City iWidget? Nowhere in this new pack that I can see. I need that one, bro.
    Sorry mate, updated to V8.1.1 for my packs, added the UseNeighborhood variable into the iWidgets options menu.

Fresh links have been updated for all my posts or you can download here:

Complete V8 iWidget Pack : Drifters iWidget Pack V8.1.1.zip

Weather Elements Only iWidget Pack : Drifters Separated Weather Elements Only V8.1.1.zip

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKing View Post
    I don't see the option plist in the folder
    Try downloading the newest versions of my iWidget Packs, you wont have to edit anymore, the GPS Geo location issue has been resolved Thanks to Dacal
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 04-07-2013 at 02:25 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

ag92 (04-03-2013), azaleea (04-03-2013), Cloud2Ground (04-03-2013), Darrenrooster (04-03-2013), kristatos (04-28-2013), Laxu (04-06-2013), Project5 (04-03-2013), TheBigKing (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 Times in 4,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Sorry mate, updated to V8.1 for my packs,
    Try downloading the newest versions of my iWidget Packs, you wont have to edit anymore, the GPS Geo location issue has been resolved Thanks to Dacal
    So City is now in 8.1?

The media fire link says Authorize Download. What's that about? On my phone it won't let me past that screen.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 1,809 Posts

Dude you always having problems it works on mobile fine ImageUploadedByModMyi1365010350.149093.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RKO1195 For This Useful Post:

ferris419 (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,988 Times in 932 Posts

So City is now in 8.1?

The media fire link says Authorize Download. What's that about? On my phone it won't let me past that screen.
    Sorry Grant, I blocked your IP address at Mediafire, your not Authorized anymore

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

Krima (04-03-2013), Lucys (04-03-2013), nateD (04-04-2013), RKO1195 (04-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I hope you don't mind, but I modified the HTC ONE X widget, now it's more similar like the original, it has a forecast and an weather animation.

I'm sorry if my english isn't very good.

I hope you like it.
    Greetings!

Note: If for any reason doesn't connect, please respring.

[Tweak] iWidgets-foto-03-04-13-14-38-34.png[Tweak] iWidgets-foto-03-04-13-14-38-50.png

Download
    HTC One X iWidget with animation.rar

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hi everyone i use UniAW6 iwidget version, but i have 2 problem:
    1. I don t want to show a days weather panel , how to turn it off?
    2. The text of my location is too long and it is overlapped by the main clock, how to change the font size to smaller?
    Thanks for great widgets

Thanks

Sorry Grant, I blocked your IP address at Mediafire, your not Authorized anymore
    I went To my computer and it was still asking for authorization by you typing in a phrase they put on the screen, evidently to keep out spammers. As soon as I did that it downloaded and then back on my phone the authorization request was gone. This happens pretty often with me at MediaFire. I'm surprised that other people haven't seen it. About every other time I go to MediaFire I get that request.

Thanks for the update Drifter! AWESOME!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,452 Times in 6,379 Posts

We see it, we just don't feel the need to post about it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Simon (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,851 Times in 919 Posts

I'm not sure if this will work other iWidgets, but I will post my modded version for you to try.
    I cannot guarantee that it will work for older iWidgets, but its worth a shot.

Download Drifters slightly modded Location.js Here: location.zip
    Nice, thank You Dude !! For me this works fine

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UNLOCKZ For This Useful Post:

Lucys (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,193 Times in 4,217 Posts

Drifter thank you brother!!!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chevymusclecar For This Useful Post:

Cloud2Ground (04-03-2013), joshlogic (04-03-2013), King_O_Hill (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone jonmchugh's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey drifter. I downloaded the new widget pack 8.1 and extracted it to the I widgets folder. When i go to add a new iwidget they are not there.

Hey guys I downloaded that location zip. Where do I extract it to
    Last edited by jonmchugh; 04-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    We see it, we just don't feel the need to post about it.
    I was really responding to RKO's snide comment that insinuated that I'm the only one having trouble. Mediafire is becoming not as friendly to those of us on the mmi app all day due to travel.

Thanks

I was really responding to RKO's snide comment that insinuated that I'm the only one having trouble. Mediafire is becoming not as friendly to those of us on the mmi app all day due to travel.
    I use it a lot on mobile, so I know what ya mean. But with unlimited LTE, it's faster than most wifi!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Warning...this is going to be lengthy.

Wow...what a d*ck (c*nt?) move by Yahoo. I don't frequent these boards very often. When I do, I rarely login (apologies to those of you that sent me private messages asking about the flip clock/weather widgets I posted a while back...didn't see them until now). The only reason I logged in this time (after discovering none of the GPS based HTML widgets I have installed were working) is I couldn't find this thread.

It looks as though the code gurus here have come up with a solution for the newer GPS HTML based widgets (Oh Yeah!!!!). For those of you that are using the older type widgets, I think I have come up with a workaround.

I absolutely hate the idea of having to manually input the weather location. It kinda defeats the purpose, no? After 30 minutes, or so, of reading different threads/suggestions for a workaround (and becoming increasingly frustrated) I decided to give up and go to bed. This morning as I was driving to work (about 25 minutes from home, which means I pass through a few cities) I was surprised to find the stock Weather Widget (by Yahoo) still works. Since I have both iWidgets and DashboardX playing nicely together (sort of...more on that later) on my phone, I have come up with the following work around:

[Tweak] iWidgets-img_1332.png

This is a fairly simple trick (with 1 caveat, unfortunately) and provides a better solution (I think) than having to manually enter your city code. As you can see, it looks pretty good when used with the flip clock widget (which I will post below). When using other widgets (that don't support the new location.js) you need to consider you will be stuck with the default layout of the Yahoo weather widget.

Now...the workaround...

In order to accomplish this you need to have iWidgets and DashboardX installed. Fire up WinSCP (or whatever you're comfortable using) and navigate to the following directory:

private/var/mobile/library/iWidgets

Place the flipclock widgets in this directory.

Next...navigate to the following directory:

<root>/system/library/WeeAppPlugins/WeatherNotifications.bundle

Look for a file named [email protected] and rename it (DON'T DELETE IT). This image is for the background of the Weather widget, which we don't want. Respring your phone.

Once you're back at the home screen, add one of the HTML based flip clock widgets by invoking the iWidgets add 'Widget' page.

Now for the conflict between iWidgets and DashboardX I hinted at earlier. Since both use a similar action to add widgets, it can be extremely difficult to get the DashboardX 'Add New Widget' page to open. The easiest way to accomplish this is to open a folder (create one if you don't have one) and put the icons in jiggle mode, then tap and hold on a blank area of the folder background until the DashboardX 'Add New Widget' page opens. Add the Weather Widget. You will notice it does not have a background, which is what you want. Be sure to size the widget (using a finger and thumb pinch) then place it on top of the flip clock widget. Once you hit the home button (to get out of jiggle mode) the Weather Widget might move behind the flip clock widget. Simply lock your phone then unlock it...the Weather Widget should now be on top.

One of the nice things about this workaround is being able to start the default Weather app when tapping on the Weather Widget. You can also swipe it to get the forecast. The only caveat, so far, is the Weather Widget will appear behind the flip clock widget after pulling down the Notification Center, then swiping up to dismiss it. A simple lock/unlock fixes this, however, it's a bit annoying and mars an otherwise clever implementation. I've messed around with the z-index values in order to insure the flip clock widget is on the bottom (no way to mess with the Weather Widget's z-index) however, nothing seems to help. If any of you code gurus out there can figure it out, please disseminate.

Here's the file for the flip clock widgets:

https://mega.co.nz/#!F1ATHCbA!AmDrVR...q7PhUMnv4agiJs
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-03-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,759 Times in 4,021 Posts

Or... You could just update your widgets to the new location.js that Dacal posted

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

Project5 (04-03-2013)

Thanks

Or use the fix that Drifter posted on page 20 of the UniAW 6.0 thread for older widgets.

Sorry you had to go through all that. But the fix info was already posted here.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Project5 (04-03-2013), The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJaay View Post
    Or... You could just update your widgets to the new location.js that Dacal posted
    Yeah...I haven't had a chance to take an in depth look at what it entails (the widgets I use are pretty old). Plus, I kinda like the ability to start the Weather app by tapping the widget. I would be more interested in figuring out a way to keep the Weather Widget on top. We'll see. I'm at work right now and really haven't had a chance to delve into it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Warning...this is going to be lengthy.
    I don't frequent these boards very often. When I do, I rarely log in (apologies to those of you that sent me private messages asking about the flip clock/weather widgets I posted a while back...didn't see them until now). The only reason I logged in this time (after discovering none of the GPS based HTML widgets I have installed were working) is I couldn't find this thread.

It looks as though the code gurus here have come up with a solution for the newer GPS HTML based widgets (Oh Yeah!!!!). For those of you that are using the older type widgets, I think I have come up with a workaround.

I absolutely hate the idea of having to manually input the weather location. It kinda defeats the purpose, no? After 30 minutes, or so, of reading different threads/suggestions for a workaround (and becoming increasingly frustrated) I decided to give up and go to bed. This morning as I was driving to work (about 25 minutes from home, which means I pass through a few cities) I was surprised to find the stock Weather Widget (by Yahoo) still works. Since I have both iWidgets and DashboardX playing nicely together (sort of...more on that later) on my phone, I have come up with the following work around:

Attachment 629932

This is a fairly simple trick (with 1 caveat, unfortunately) and provides a better solution (I think) than having to manually enter your city code. As you can see, it looks pretty good when used with the flip clock widget (which I will post below). When using other widgets (that don't support the new location.js) you need to consider you will be stuck with the default layout of the Yahoo weather widget.

Now...the workaround...

In order to accomplish this you need to have iWidgets and DashboardX installed. Fire up WinSCP (or whatever you're comfortable using) and navigate to the following directory:

private/var/mobile/library/iWidgets

Place the flipclock widgets in this directory.

Next...navigate to the following directory:

<root>/system/library/WeeAppPlugins/WeatherNotifications.bundle

Look for a file named [email protected] and rename it (DON'T DELETE IT). This image is for the background of the Weather widget, which we don't want. Respring your phone.

Once you're back at the home screen, add one of the HTML based flip clock widgets by invoking the iWidgets add 'Widget' page.

Now for the conflict between iWidgets and DashboardX I hinted at earlier. Since both use a similar action to add widgets, it can be extremely difficult to get the DashboardX 'Add New Widget' page to open. The easiest way to accomplish this is to open a folder (create one if you don't have one) and put the icons in jiggle mode, then tap and hold on a blank area of the folder background until the DashboardX 'Add New Widget' page opens. Add the Weather Widget. You will notice it does not have a background, which is what you want. Be sure to size the widget (using a finger and thumb pinch) then place it on top of the flip clock widget. Once you hit the home button (to get out of jiggle mode) the Weather Widget might move behind the flip clock widget. Simply lock your phone then unlock it...the Weather Widget should now be on top.

One of the nice things about this workaround is being able to start the default Weather app when tapping on the Weather Widget. You can also swipe it to get the forecast. The only caveat, so far, is the Weather Widget will appear behind the flip clock widget after pulling down the Notification Center, then swiping up to dismiss it. A simple lock/unlock fixes this, however, it's a bit annoying and mars an otherwise clever implementation. I've messed around with the z-index values in order to insure the flip clock widget is on the bottom (no way to mess with the Weather Widget's z-index) however, nothing seems to help. If any of you code gurus out there can figure it out, please disseminate.

Here's the file for the flip clock widgets:

https://mega.co.nz/#!F1ATHCbA!AmDrVR...q7PhUMnv4agiJs
    What it is the name of the search widget?
    Does it work with iWidgets or only with Dashboard X?

Theme Modder
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 481 Posts

I had to mod the new Location.js fix Dacal posted on the UniAW6 thread a tiny bit to work with my Weather iWidgets.

I'm not sure if this will work other iWidgets, but I will post my modded version for you to try.
    I cannot guarantee that it will work for older iWidgets, but its worth a shot.
    Thanks Marcus, works in which I tried, is perfect the location.js. Thanks Dacal, Ian,and all others who have contributed something to the solution
    Last edited by Lucys; 04-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucys For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (04-03-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for noob question but I am fairly new to modding on the iphone. Can someone please give me some direction on what to do once I have downloaded the new iwidgets pack and the new location.js. I mean where do the files go, etc... Thanks