+ Reply
Page 184 of 355 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174182183184185186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 7094

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan 4 Ever could it be made so that when you click on it, it opens the clock app? You cannot code a iWidget to
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 932 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Devils Fan 4 Ever View Post

could it be made so that when you click on it, it opens the clock app?
    You cannot code a iWidget to directly open a app

However as a work-around you can create a iWidget Icon Overlay that you an place over your icon to give you a similar function.

To make a iWidget Icon Overlay you have to make the iWidget display out of its widget.plist boundries to allow space to touch the icon.

Heres is a simple method to achieve this, credits to Durben for first figuring this out

In your own particular styling css, find the body styling and add the opacity and webkit lines in addition to what you already have defined. Then add the webkit keyframes lines as shown in the pic above.

Now edit your Widget.plist and change the width and height to something smaller than your icon size.
    Remember this also defines the area to drag the iWidget, so if you make it too small it will be hard to grab and move. Make it too large and you wont be able to touch the icon below it.

A simple trick to give you enough room to move it and still touch the icon below it is to make the height 1/2 the size of the icon,
    this way you can touch the bottom part of the iWidget covering your icon and still touch the icon to open the app.

Here is what I use for mine:

Hope this helps
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 03-30-2013 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

iRyanKGT (04-02-2013), Project5 (03-30-2013), RKO1195 (03-31-2013), sand_man (03-31-2013), Sk37cH (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Greetings My iWidget Friends

Finally completed the next version of my iWidget Pack, I have updated all my iWidgets with newer scripts, added Location Input options to all my weather iWidgets and removed the widget.plist boundaries to make them easier to place without interfering with your ability to touch your icons.

Many people have helped me since I have begun creating iWidgets and I want to give a Big Thank You to everybody that has helped me along the way.

First I would like to Thank Ian Nicholls and Dacal, without their Awesome Weather Scripts none of my Weather iWidgets would have been possible.

Also a Big Shout out to my Bro Durben, this man has brought iWidgets to another level and has taught me a lot about iWidget concepts ranging from touch features to escaping the widget.plist boundaries.

I would also like to give a Thank You to Schnedi, this man is a coding wizard and a great contributor to the MMI community, without him Widgets in general would not be the same. Thanks Mate

I also cannot forget my Bro ChevyMuscleCar, he has helped me make my Scrolling iWidgets what they are

And Finally a Big Thank You to my Friends Yakatori and Lucys, both have contributed their artistic touch to my iWidgets and for that I am eternally grateful

So here is what is included in this iWidget Pack:

My separated Weather elements :

These include Temperature, Weather Description, Weather Icon, City/GPS coordinates, 2 clock Styles and Calendar.

All have many option to let you customize your setup just the way you want, If you dont like my default options, I have made it easy for you to mod your own images, fonts and colors

Next my Flip Touch iWidgets, one that flips a 4 day forecast and the current weather condition, the other flips the current weather and Calendar/location. Can be used in conjunction with one another like in the pic below or with my separated elements iWidgets.

Included are a few Multi Scrolling Weather Widget, a generic one, one for the Boss Theme and a single line scroller.

I have several RSS iWidgets as well :

and a few animations just for fun :

So there is plenty to get, and hopefully with all the different options I have integrated into these, you can see how to code your own options.plist and scripts for your use with your own iWidget projects

Download V7 Pack Here: Drifters iWidget Pack V7.zip

Have a Great Weekend Everybody
    Love your work man !!! Thanks for this !!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Project5 For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (03-30-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Calculator. ;P

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Hero For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (03-31-2013), UNLOCKZ (03-31-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Surprise you on what issue? I'm not condoning piracy he made an honest mistake and people whose business it wasn't started attacking if you were that bothered you should of told schnedi and let him ask for it to be removed.

My problem is the fact you make stuff up and think your the big I am. You don't share **** you don't make anything for the community so get of others backs and do something you call yourself a modder yet haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Lol!! Clearly a "kid". Attacking from behind a keyboard. Peace, 1Hero. Welcome 'back' to the forum. Do some homework next time, please. It's the right thing to do, man.

You surprise me, Gunny, on this issue. Oh, that's right.. Whatever side of the argument NewD's trying to establish - regardless of what you 'actually' believe you take the other side. I see how it is, bro..
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

DA_GHOST (03-31-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone joshlogic's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an issue I'm hoping you guys can help with. Whenever I use a scrolling weather widget (be it from Drifter or Durben), and I place it at the bottom of the SpringBoard it either disappears immediately, or after a short while (usually a few hours). I'm placing it "over" one of Chevy's TW3 weather iWidgets. Durben's can be placed at the bottom of the SB over top of Chevy's, but it eventually disappears later in the day. I can keep Drifter's active on top of Chevy's indefinitely, but only at the top part of Chevy's frame. If I try to initially place it at the bottom of the SB (again, over Chevy's widget), it disappears immediately.

I'm totally stymied on this one. Any help or suggestions? Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot62 View Post
    Thanks for this Danny (and the original creator).

Seems to work fine for the first 8 to 10 photos then stays on one image, I've checked all the jpg numbers in the camera roll, all ok.
    Any of the coding guru's have any idea why the widget does not continue to change image continuously?
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Sorry to push the issue but it's got me to the point of distraction.
    I've messed with everything in the Picture.html (but I don't know what I'm doing really!) & it's made no difference.

Dacal, Gunny, Schnedi, can anyone offer any help please

Thanks
    Thanked 9,150 Times in 4,594 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Surprise you on what issue? I'm not condoning piracy he made an honest mistake and people whose business it wasn't started attacking if you were that bothered you should of told schnedi and let him ask for it to be removed.

My problem is the fact you make stuff up and think your the big I am. You don't share **** you don't make anything for the community so get of others backs and do something you call yourself a modder yet haven't a clue.
    Youre a real arrogant piece of work sometimes, Gunny. Get off your high horse dude. I do not need a lecture from you on anything. I have a real job and am learning how to mod. When a person needs help and I can help I do. Often. You don't amass 1500 thanks without 'some people' finding your input helpful; even on a forum that uses their thanks buttons too often to only mean: "yeah, me too". . We've been over this topic pages ago and 2K declared it off topic - so lets move on dude.

-Rest of my rant taken to PM - please respond there...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

i really dont git yall guys why can you git along? im starting to git tired of the arguing and fighting on these forums with yall it needs to end or ill make it end for yall..

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

DannyZ83 (03-31-2013), joshlogic (03-31-2013), pocketdoc (03-31-2013), Schnedi (03-31-2013), The.Drifter (03-31-2013), The_Durben (03-31-2013)

Thanks

You cannot code a iWidget to directly open a app

However as a work-around you can create a iWidget Icon Overlay that you an place over your icon to give you a similar function.

To make a iWidget Icon Overlay you have to make the iWidget display out of its widget.plist boundries to allow space to touch the icon.

Heres is a simple method to achieve this, credits to Durben for first figuring this out

In your own particular styling css, find the body styling and add the opacity and webkit lines in addition to what you already have defined. Then add the webkit keyframes lines as shown in the pic above.

Now edit your Widget.plist and change the width and height to something smaller than your icon size.
    Remember this also defines the area to drag the iWidget, so if you make it too small it will be hard to grab and move. Make it too large and you wont be able to touch the icon below it.

A simple trick to give you enough room to move it and still touch the icon below it is to make the height 1/2 the size of the icon,
    this way you can touch the bottom part of the iWidget covering your icon and still touch the icon to open the app.

Here is what I use for mine:

Hope this helps
    Thank you very much! However, it looks kind of funky now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j26w41dkf5d8t2/photo.PNG

Thanks
    Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,474 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1Hero View Post
    If you have nothing to say, then shut up. I already made a point (which you never took the time to understand).

And again, saying "noob" is another desperate attempt.
    He argues with everyone.dont waste your time with him.you can make point after point and everyone can agree with you but he never will.hes only here for drama, trust me!lol its a waste of time trying to make a point to someone like him.simply ignore him hell get bored and find someone else to attack

Thanks
    Thanked 6,993 Times in 932 Posts

Thank you very much! However, it looks kind of funky now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j26w41dkf5d8t2/photo.PNG
    Looks like you forgot to add the

opacity : 0;

to the body styling

Your so close now, what your seeing is the widgets touch area and not the widget displaying out of the widget.plist boundaries.

Try adding the opacity setting in the body styling and it should work, if not send me a copy of the widget and I will sort it out for you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    i really dont git yall guys why can you git along? im starting to git tired of the arguing and fighting on these forums with yall it needs to end or ill make it end for yall..
    Its always new destiny..if we ignore him maybe hell find something productive to do.
    Im also sick of seeing him argue in every thread..quite pathetic on his side but who can make a turtle fly?nobody..(no not even you new destiny) just like nobody can make new destiny grow up and smell the coffee.. Just sayin..theres no point in carrying the arguement.your point WILL NOT be made as long as your trying to make a point to him.

Thanks

Looks like you forgot to add the

opacity : 0;

to the body styling

Your so close now, what your seeing is the widgets touch area and not the widget displaying out of the widget.plist boundaries.

Try adding the opacity setting in the body styling and it should work, if not send me a copy of the widget and I will sort it out for you
    Now the widget doesn't show up at all :/

I sent you a PM with the widget...

Thank you again!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NJ Devils Fan 4 Ever For This Useful Post:

The.Drifter (03-31-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Youre a real arrogant piece of work sometimes, Gunny. Get off your high horse dude. I do not need a lecture from you on anything. I have a real job and am learning how to mod. When a person needs help and I can help I do. Often. You don't amass 1500 thanks without 'some people' finding your input helpful; even on a forum that uses their thanks buttons too often to only mean: "yeah, me too". . We've been over this topic pages ago and 2K declared it off topic - so lets move on dude.

-Rest of my rant taken to PM - please respond there...
    Get off your high pony little boy.everyone gets it, you think your nacho libre.good for you.bye now little one.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post

Hahaha sooooo true.agreed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoot62 View Post
    Sorry to push the issue but it's got me to the point of distraction.
    I've messed with everything in the Picture.html (but I don't know what I'm doing really!) & it's made no difference.

Dacal, Gunny, Schnedi, can anyone offer any help please
    Forgot 2 of the big hit'ers, Drifter & Durben!! My apologies for taking up even more space on the thread

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm looking for a nice sleek, stylish weather widget for the space above my dock, any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByModMyi1364737311.340060.jpg

Thanks

Thanks to The.Drifter, everything works now! Thanks a lot man!

Here is a SS: [Tweak] iWidgets-photo-1.png

Here is the modified widget(it's using an icon from the Jaku theme repo(jakurepo.com), but that can be easily changed):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p342w321nz...2h-Working.zip

I also removed the date that showed up at the bottom, it's just commented out in the code so you can easily get that back...
    Last edited by NJ Devils Fan 4 Ever; 03-31-2013 at 10:28 AM.

desconocido
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,745 Times in 2,505 Posts

Here is the modified widget(it's using an icon from the Jaku theme, but that can be easily changed):

LINK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    Good or bad?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the people that actually understood my point! I'll just move along because there is no point arguing with him.

On another note: here is the calculator widgets and simple calendar:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys627982a9...calculator.zip
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9yknaytir...leCalendar.zip

Found it at the perpagehtml topic and made it work with iWidgets.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Hero For This Useful Post:

CrazyChester (04-01-2013), UNLOCKZ (03-31-2013)