+ Reply
Page 168 of 334 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158166167168169170 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 6680

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by Krima Hey man, love this widget but have a question. Have u experienced extreme battery drain running this. When I loaded only this I noticed my battery
...
  1. #3341
    Man of iWidgets The.Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    992
    Thanks
    5,065
    Thanked 6,928 Times in 926 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    Hey man, love this widget but have a question. Have u experienced extreme battery drain running this. When I loaded only this I noticed my battery dropping a full percentage point or 2 about every hour without the phone being used. Tonight I plan on just running just this and see if when I wake up my battery is drained.
    No more drain than usual when I run different widgets. I will test some more this evening as well.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

    Krima (03-18-2013), Lucys (03-19-2013), Project5 (03-20-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

  3. #3342
    Modder GUNNY29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,329
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 15,471 Times in 4,036 Posts

    Not sure why I was quoted lol

    My post was an immature crude joke


    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Cool! I always have a test 'lite' phone running (my son's iP5) to make sure it's not just my setup. His 5 has only 6.1.2, Evasi0n Jailbreak - Winterboard, Gridlock 2.0, Iconoclasm and iWidget loaded onto it. Only Auros theme and the iWidgets he and I like - he has a couple different. It has the same cold boot, no widgets running, issue that my 'full up' iP5 has. So I know it's not just my loaded iP5 as the issue. I'm, in a sense, always running a 'controlled experiment' when I report stuff here by checking it on my son's iP5 'lite'.

    The thing that happened 20 minutes ago - ONLY happened to mine- not his. So 'that was' isolated to my 5. But the main issue we've been discussing happens over both phones. So I'm always sure these things are not just 'my full phone'.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (03-18-2013)

  5. #3343
    iPhoneaholic mouse0270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 316 Times in 186 Posts

    Looking if anyone can help me with some of my JavaScript for my music widget.

    It appears once you go to the next song it either freezes my iPhone or it crashes. Everything seems to work fine when testing it in Google chrome, but as soon as it hits my iPhone I start to experience issues.

    If you would like to help, please let me know/

    Edit: Nevermind... I realized I was trying to tell the song to play before it was loaded... noob mistake.
    Last edited by mouse0270; 03-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  6. #3344
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    3,102
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,878 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Not sure why I was quoted lol

    My post was an immature crude joke
    My apologies, Gunny. I'm ALWAYS the last to get a joke or pick up on sarcasm. It's been a challenge of mine since youth. I used you saying that your widgets 'always work' -- as an opportunity, by comparison, to debunk for folks the scapegoat use of Grant's 'full crippled', 'modded-to-death' phone as a main reason for some of the things I experience with it.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-18-2013 at 03:49 PM.

  7. #3345
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Instead of trying to debunk why not try my suggestion last page?

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (03-18-2013), SHARON1O (03-18-2013)

  9. #3346
    The BatGirl MamaJaay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    @TheMamaJaay
    Posts
    4,775
    Thanks
    3,358
    Thanked 15,085 Times in 3,676 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Instead of trying to debunk why not try my suggestion last page?
    Did. And got this. Some weird stuff. Never seen that one before. ImageUploadedByModMyi1363648785.793661.jpg

    All fixed after a simple respring

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaJaay For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (03-18-2013)

  11. #3347
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    3,102
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,878 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Instead of trying to debunk why not try my suggestion last page?
    Sorry, D. Tried it. Didn't work. . Just hadn't reported back yet. Didn't work on son's lean i5 either.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (03-18-2013)

  13. #3348
    iPhoneaholic Hasiphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 396 Times in 182 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Made a little iWidget for myself and thought I would share it with the community

    I wanted something simple and unobtrusive to display Basic Weather Info and Calendar/Location below the status bar.

    Here is what I came up with.

    Defaults to Weather Display:



    Then touch it to Display Date and Current Location:



    Added a few simple options for the Weather:



    Download here: Drifters Touch Status Date-Weather.zip

    Can someone make this very nice widget in german please?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasiphone For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (03-19-2013)

  15. #3349
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Sorry, D. Tried it. Didn't work. . Just hadn't reported back yet. Didn't work on son's lean i5 either.
    Worth a shot anyway

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    NewdestinyX (03-18-2013)

  17. #3350
    The Big D NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,543
    Thanks
    3,102
    Thanked 7,599 Times in 3,878 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    Worth a shot anyway
    Oh yes! Your help with any level of fix, is way beyond anything I could think of. Much appreciated, D!!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  18. #3351
    Man of iWidgets The.Drifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    992
    Thanks
    5,065
    Thanked 6,928 Times in 926 Posts

    Fixed the Battery Drain issue and added multiple Language Support for the Weather Description and Date.

    Here is what I came up with.

    Defaults to Weather Display:



    Then touch it to Display Date and Current Location:



    Added a few simple options for the Weather:



    Please delete your old version and replace it with this one : Drifters Touch Status Date-Weather V2.zip
    Last edited by The.Drifter; 03-19-2013 at 09:52 AM.

  19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The.Drifter For This Useful Post:

    cubian (03-19-2013), gacates (03-19-2013), IrobertI (03-19-2013), Krima (03-19-2013), Lucys (03-19-2013), Project5 (03-20-2013), The_Durben (03-19-2013)

  20. #3352
    full moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks
    3,309
    Thanked 6,773 Times in 2,153 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    I'm planning on making another version of this using different scripts, so I will implement language support in the next release



    Tested this last night and can confirm a battery drain with this version. Gonna scrap the old scripts and try a different method.
    Ok cool. I'm glad it wasn't just me. Thanks man
    Last edited by Krima; 03-19-2013 at 06:47 AM.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (03-19-2013)

  22. #3353
    iPhoneaholic mouse0270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 316 Times in 186 Posts

    Looking for someone to test a iWidget Music player:
    (Sound does actually play... but I don't know how to get Display Recorder to actually record sound or if it does even record sound... Sound does play on lockscreen as well)

    It uses a json file to play music right now. I want to make it read the music directory but this has many problems, I wont be able to display the name or cover-art since JavaScript cant up the sqllite database that this information seems to be stored in.

    Right now I am looking for someone to test this with experience on debugging. I want to know how it plays and if you experience any issues.

    Oh yeah and the arrow in the top left corner is to shuffle the songs. I just have it playing them in a row, since I only have two songs playing right now. If you click it though, it well change into a shuffle icon.
    Last edited by mouse0270; 03-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mouse0270 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (03-19-2013), Zooropalg (03-19-2013)

  24. #3354
    iPhoneaholic Hasiphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    440
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 396 Times in 182 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The.Drifter View Post
    Fixed the Battery Drain issue and added multiple Language Support for the Weather Description and Date.

    Here is what I came up with.

    Defaults to Weather Display:



    Then touch it to Display Date and Current Location:



    Added a few simple options for the Weather:



    Please delete your old version and replace it with this one : Drifters Touch Status Date-Weather V2.zip

    Many, many thanx!! - but the widget search for internet. No weather info...but Internet is on. Everything else works on my phone...

    Edit: it works now! I must press "Enter" after set the Location code. ;-)
    Last edited by Hasiphone; 03-19-2013 at 10:43 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasiphone For This Useful Post:

    The.Drifter (03-19-2013)

  26. #3355
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Is there any chance that one of you guys would make this clock&date widget ?

    http://droiddog.wpengine.netdna-cdn....11/nexus4-.jpg

    Thanks in advance !

  27. #3356
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mouse0270 View Post
    Looking for someone to test a iWidget Music player:
    (Sound does actually play... but I don't know how to get Display Recorder to actually record sound or if it does even record sound... Sound does play on lockscreen as well)

    It uses a json file to play music right now. I want to make it read the music directory but this has many problems, I wont be able to display the name or cover-art since JavaScript cant up the sqllite database that this information seems to be stored in.

    Right now I am looking for someone to test this with experience on debugging. I want to know how it plays and if you experience any issues.

    Oh yeah and the arrow in the top left corner is to shuffle the songs. I just have it playing them in a row, since I only have two songs playing right now. If you click it though, it well change into a shuffle icon.
    You can send to me if you want dude.
    I'm also working on one. Not using any cover art though. Starts to lag when pulling directories.
    Mine is also hooked to iPod controls. Can't promise it'll run smooth but can take a look.

  28. #3357
    Master Modder Zooropalg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Carentan, France
    Posts
    2,103
    Thanks
    1,292
    Thanked 5,674 Times in 1,207 Posts

    Me!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mouse0270 View Post
    Looking for someone to test a iWidget Music player:
    (Sound does actually play... but I don't know how to get Display Recorder to actually record sound or if it does even record sound... Sound does play on lockscreen as well)

    It uses a json file to play music right now. I want to make it read the music directory but this has many problems, I wont be able to display the name or cover-art since JavaScript cant up the sqllite database that this information seems to be stored in.

    Right now I am looking for someone to test this with experience on debugging. I want to know how it plays and if you experience any issues.

    Oh yeah and the arrow in the top left corner is to shuffle the songs. I just have it playing them in a row, since I only have two songs playing right now. If you click it though, it well change into a shuffle icon.
    Me!!!

  29. #3358
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    You can send to me if you want dude.
    I'm also working on one. Not using any cover art though. Starts to lag when pulling directories.
    Mine is also hooked to iPod controls. Can't promise it'll run smooth but can take a look.
    I can also send you a copy of mine.
    Had to strip it back down cause I was getting errors on second song
    Basically plays one which I've directed as a URL to the music folder
    Trying to implement a random song selection from the folders so each time it's loaded, restarts after a song is played it's a new song. But that's not working either

  30. #3359
    iPhoneaholic mouse0270's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 316 Times in 186 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I can also send you a copy of mine.
    Had to strip it back down cause I was getting errors on second song
    Basically plays one which I've directed as a URL to the music folder
    Trying to implement a random song selection from the folders so each time it's loaded, restarts after a song is played it's a new song. But that's not working either
    Yeah, I just found another bug... It seems to freeze the phone if you hit the next song button a few times. I did thow the javascript together pretty quickly, Ill have to see what it is. I'll send you a private message with a link.

    See mine requires some setup since it needs you to fill out the json file, but that is the only way I can display song name and cover art... It is kinda disappointing.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to mouse0270 For This Useful Post:

    The_Durben (03-19-2013)

  32. #3360
    The Mechanic The_Durben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    8,424
    Thanks
    34,942
    Thanked 40,559 Times in 7,513 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mouse0270 View Post
    Yeah, I just found another bug... It seems to freeze the phone if you hit the next song button a few times. I did thow the javascript together pretty quickly, Ill have to see what it is. I'll send you a private message with a link.

    See mine requires some setup since it needs you to fill out the json file, but that is the only way I can display song name and cover art... It is kinda disappointing.
    That's why I skipped song name and art. Went straight to the mp3 instead
    Have another player that supports playlists too but it's not getting info properly from the music library. Then tries to get song info and displays apples naming of songs on phone...
    Anyway sent you mine as well. Easy to see what I did

    @Drifter
    If you want my player as well to see if you can get a random file selection going let me know.
    One other thing I want to try but it's a big rewrite. Have to do it when I can sit and not get distracted for a few hours...

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

    RKO1195 (03-19-2013), The.Drifter (03-19-2013)


Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts