+ Reply
Page 162 of 355 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152160161162163164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 7091

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Hmm. Okay.. good.. I'm not alone on this one. Happens 'every' time for me. Thanks, King! Grant As far as I'm aware of, iWidgets check for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Hmm. Okay.. good.. I'm not alone on this one. Happens 'every' time for me.

Thanks, King!
    Grant
    As far as I'm aware of, iWidgets check for updates once you boot up your phone. However, when you first boot up, and before you type in the passcode to unlock it, the phone does not connect to the wifi/data. Therefore, iWidgets cannot update. However, after a few minutes, the iWidget should refresh itself, and it should work. The solution to the problem would be navigating to the folder for your iWidget, and manually editing the update interval. I did this for the ASUS widget, and now I'm getting updates every 1 minute, so I never have to worry about respringing. The network connection stays connected after a respring, and the springboard refreshes, which is why the iWidget updates. Hope this helps! (BTW, I'm not very sure that this is exactly how it works, but to my understanding, this is how it works )

Thanks
    Thanked 8,980 Times in 4,505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheG33k View Post
    As far as I'm aware of, iWidgets check for updates once you boot up your phone. However, when you first boot up, and before you type in the passcode to unlock it, the phone does not connect to the wifi/data. Therefore, iWidgets cannot update. However, after a few minutes, the iWidget should refresh itself, and it should work. The solution to the problem would be navigating to the folder for your iWidget, and manually editing the update interval. I did this for the ASUS widget, and now I'm getting updates every 1 minute, so I never have to worry about respringing. The network connection stays connected after a respring, and the springboard refreshes, which is why the iWidget updates. Hope this helps! (BTW, I'm not very sure that this is exactly how it works, but to my understanding, this is how it works )
    thanks. But a refresh interval of 1 minute is a big battery drain. 15 min is reasonable. And this never happened on iOS 5 with same setup. Widgets would update immediately after power up. This is a new thing.

I never use pass code either. So that's not it either. The widgets are designed to get data immediately on boot up. They don't have to wait for a principal refresh interval per my understanding.

Thanks for musing over the issue for me though!

Grant
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

I've never seen that issue.
    I just tried twice. Once a reboot and once a full power off, wait and power on.
    Widgets are running as I unlock. My animated and another one both

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks. But a refresh interval of 1 minute is a big battery drain. 15 min is reasonable. And this never happened on iOS 5 with same setup. Widgets would update immediately after power up. This is a new thing.

I never use pass code either. So that's not it either. The widgets are designed to get data immediately on boot up. They don't have to wait for a principal refresh interval per my understanding.

Thanks for musing over the issue for me though!

Grant
    I meant to say that after a cold boot and you're at the lockscreen, there is no connection until you unlock. Again, this is from what I've observed... And yes, I have tried 15 minutes, and it works just as well as 1 minute. I don't know what the issue is for you...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post
    I've never seen that issue.
    I just tried twice. Once a reboot and once a full power off, wait and power on. Widgets are running as I unlock. My animated and another one both
    okay - well that's two of you who haven't seen it and two of us that have experienced occasional dead widgets after cold reboot.. . It never happened in 5.1.1.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 03-16-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,590 Times in 4,087 Posts

Yeah I don't see that either
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

okay - well that's two of you who haven't seen it and two of us that have experienced occasional dead widgets after cold reboot.. . It never happened in 5.1.1.
    Not alone NewDestiny, happens to me EVERY reboot. I have to respring after reboot to get any iwidget to load. I thought it was normal so didn't think anything of it, Lol - maybe it's the version of iOS we're in? I'm on 6.1 on my i5.... then there were 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Not alone NewDestiny, happens to me EVERY reboot. I have to respring after reboot to get any iwidget to load. I thought it was normal so didn't think anything of it, Lol - maybe it's the version of iOS we're in? I'm on 6.1 on my i5.... then there were 2
    Thanks for chiming in JerseyGirl! Actually it's 3 and 3 counting now. About half of us have experienced this bug. Wonder what we all have in common...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post

Thanks
    Thanked 40,561 Times in 7,513 Posts

Thanks for chiming in JerseyGirl! Actually it's 3 and 3 counting now. About half of us have experienced this bug. Wonder what we all have in common...
    Too much **** running at start up :P

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

cubian (03-16-2013), RKO1195 (03-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ahh_boi's Avatar
    Thanks

Same for me too. Have to respring to load.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cubian View Post
    Same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by ahh_boi View Post
    Same for me too. Have to respring to load.
    Okay then! So this is more the 'norm' than the exception to the norm.

Do any of your mod Gurus and coders have any thoughts as to why - after iOS6 and Evasi0n - our Widgets would need a Respring after Reboot/Cold Boot to get data fed into them? We all know this wasn't the case in iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken no matter HOW much 'crap' we were running. I never had this issue in 5.1.1 and you ALL know how much **** I run!!! LOL!!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,388 Times in 6,350 Posts

I run pretty lean on tweaks. The only other difference for me is that I have had my wifi off for about a month. LTE is faster and with unlimited, what's the point!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,702 Times in 2,414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I run pretty lean on tweaks. The only other difference for me is that I have had my wifi off for about a month. LTE is faster and with unlimited, what's the point!
    I hear that but as much as it pains me, and trust me this is gonna hurt, I have the same issue as NewDestiny. If u do a hard reboot with wifi on u shouldn't have this issue.

On a somewhat related note, some of my iwidgets do not update my location. I tested it with several iwidgets and some update and others do not. Could it be an issue on the .js side? For example, Durbens mini GPS iwidget will not update when I change location. I have done all the usual troubleshooting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Krima For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (03-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    I have same problem wifi on or off at Cold Reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krima View Post
    I hear that but as much as it pains me, and trust me this is gonna hurt, I have the same issue as NewDestiny. If u do a hard reboot with wifi on u shouldn't have this issue.
    Cold boot or hard reboot - wifi on or off - same issue for me. Widgets don't get their data 'til a respring - post iOS6.

Thanks

I have same problem wifi on or off at Cold Reboot.

Cold boot or hard reboot - wifi on or off - same issue for me. Widgets don't get their data 'til a respring - post iOS6.
    Then why do some of my widgets get their data without a respring?

Thanks

Then why do some of my widgets get their data without a respring?
    From the replies we've had so far it's not all of us. But it seems more the rule than the exception. We've been in this place before with troubleshooting, Krima. Let me try a hard reboot right now - again - and see what happens.

Okay - that time - all iWidgets on after hard reboot. Okay - and a second time. Ok - I'm gonna retract last statement. Hard reboot (which is a reboot from phone being fully on by holding down Sleep and Home button 'til phone goes off an back on) is fine - on my iPhone 5- 6.1.2... and all widgets work after boot up. No respring necessary.

Then 2 cold boots in a row next ----- no Widgets working before respring.

Okay - it's a cold boot problem for me only. Krima - have you EVER had it work after a cold boot?

Thanks

For me, they have never loaded after a cold boot since I updated to iOS 6.x I always have ended up having to respring to get everything loaded.

I've just assumed it has something to do with how Evasi0n has to load "stuff" during a boot sequence, (that it doesn't need to during a respring, which is just a soft-boot)

Thanks

If my wifi is on and I do a cold boot, my widgets will all load fine.

Thanks

If my wifi is on and I do a cold boot, my widgets will all load fine.
    Hmm. Not for me, bro. Wifi doesn't make the difference in the tests I just did with cold booting.

In any event we still have to put our heads together to find out why the widgets don't start up without a respring on with wifi off (data only). There are many times when we'll do a cold boot from not around Wifi. So what's your best guess?