+ Reply
Page 15 of 352 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tweak] iWidgets

is a discussion within the

iPhone 4|4S New Skins / Themes Launches

forums, a part of the

New Skins / Themes Launches

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX Thanks Bombmom. No one else responded before now pointing me there and the search function at ModMyI sucks. Believe me I tried to look for a
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,457 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Thanks Bombmom. No one else responded before now pointing me there and the search function at ModMyI sucks. Believe me I tried to look for a conflict. I searched the whole thread for the word "conflict" in the search engine.. Nothing. :-( I don't suppose the maker of Infiniboard or iWidget would play nicely together to fix it?!? :-/
    iWidget is based of of perpagehtml by wyndwarrior who I dont think anyone has heard from since he released dreamboard. And chpwn is the maker if Infiniboard. Good luck getting the Jailbreak phenom to do it unless it tweeks his interest. No harm in asking him all he can say is no.

Eldwin has been making remarkable progress with iWidget.IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 8,864 Times in 4,444 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    iWidget is based of of perpagehtml by wyndwarrior who I dont think anyone has heard from since he released dreamboard. And chpwn is the maker if Infiniboard. Good luck getting the Jailbreak phenom to do it unless it tweeks his interest. No harm in asking him all he can say is no.

Eldwin has been making remarkable progress with iWidget.IMO
    He sure has! I'm so impressed with iWidget. Bomb mom, can I impose on you to explain how you got Infiniboard to turn off without pushing all icons to other pages, just long enough to turn on iWidget?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,481 Times in 1,457 Posts

He sure has! I'm so impressed with iWidget. Bomb mom, can I impose on you to explain how you got Infiniboard to turn off without pushing all icons to other pages, just long enough to turn on iWidget?
    I turned off Infiniboard thru it SBsettings, enabled my widgets then turned it back on.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Is their a way we can get some of our widgets to run behind our icons?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bombmom View Post
    I turned off Infiniboard thru it SBsettings, enabled my widgets then turned it back on.
    I understand that. But when I do that / all my icons that were on vertical pages down automatically move to horizontal pages moving other icons further to the right horizontally. This new positioning then rewrites the icons.plist preference. So when you turn Infiniboard back on the icons don't return to their vertical pages for me. Do I have to manually move them all? That's not practical.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stratnik View Post
    Thanks for a great tweak eldvin

Here's a widget from me

In Setup / configureMe.js set
    - 24hr/12hr(ampm)
    - display seconds true/ false
    - select a language 'fr' for french,*
    * * * * * * * * * *'de' for german,*
    * * * * * * * * * *'sp' for spanish,*
    * * * * * * * * * *'hr' for croatian,
    * * * * * * * * * *'it for italian,
    * * * * * * * * * *'en' or ' ' for *english* * * * * * * * *
    - etc

- "c" / "f" ( metric / imperial ) - change in the 'Files / Scripts / GPS_Weather'
    I saw just now
    No GPS, supports just change the "c" / "f", the rest is Imperial (mph. ..), there is no metric

Weather underlay is made in css without img

New link
    Updated languages

-->> Stratnik_GPS_iWidget.rar
    I would like the widget's background to transparent. how?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 798 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses2 View Post
    Short answer is you have to know and edit the css file as the entire image is all defined in there.

Thanks

Been very unstable for me. Was experiencing conflicts with covermenot and then with Shazaam. Device would reboot into safe mode whenever I was using the device and received a notification (covermenot). Shazaam wouldn't exit without restarting in safe mode. Uninstalled iwidget and both issues resolved.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Lito1's Avatar
    Thanks

Nevermind that i see what the difference is
    Last edited by Lito1; 07-29-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,851 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Greetings All:

I have completed the artwork (better digits/different backgrounds) for the flip clock widget. I have also attempted to make the weather icons match the icons used in the stock (Apple - IOS 5 and greater) NC Weather Widget. This will not be an exact match as Apple uses a different naming convention as well as different icons for the phases of the moon, etc. Here is an example of what to expect:

Attachment 598273
    Attachment 598274
    Attachment 598275
    Attachment 598276

Haven't heard from The_Durben (he hasn't posted here lately...but then again...this thread has been pretty inactive). I did PM him but have yet to receive a reply. Not sure how to take that...does it indicate he doesn't want it released?...or maybe he never got the PM.

After much deliberation, I have decided to release the widget as I feel there are probably a lot of folks out there who want it. To be honest, there have been so many iterations of the thing, I'm not sure who wrote what. Did The_Durben's contribution consist of several lines of code or was it just a few here and there, like my contribution (minus the artwork upgrades) was? Honestly, I don't know. I have taken a hard look at the coding and can come up with the following individuals that should receive credit:

The_Durben
    Schnedi
    Vivek Thakur (is this crazyvivek?)
    eldwin (for the iWidgets tweak)

I do not include myself since, as stated before, I only added a few lines of code here and there to make the 3 distinct entities (the flipping digits animation, the GPS weather stuff, and the date) work together (somewhat...more on that later). Please understand, this version of the widget was taken from three different sources. I did make the digits look better (higher resolution) which did take a bit of work, since I am no Photoshop guru, but really...artwork is (IMHO) a small part of what this widget is. No offense to any digital artists out there.

Ok...a few things you should know. The widget requires iWidgets (obviously) as well as GPS Weather Lockscreen in order to work properly. There is a rather lengthy thread http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...her-theme.html that details how to get/install the tweak. Once you download the files from the link I have posted below, place the FlipClockBlack and FlipClockWhite folders in the iWidgets folder on your phone (/private/var/mobile/Library/iWidgets). If you take a look inside either folder, you will notice there are 4 Widget.html files (Widget.html, WidgetB.html, WidgetF.html, WidgetO.html). These are variations that will allow you to change the background of the widget (as depicted in the images above). The B stands for blank, the F stands for flat, and the O stands for obsidian. The default (Widget.html) can be renamed WidgetG.html, where G stands for glass. Rename any of these (preferably in iFile) to Widget.html in order to display the desired background. I have also included the .psd files for the digits and the background, in case anyone wants to make any changes.

Finally, as I hinted at earlier, the widget is not 100% perfect. I must apologize to my brothers and sisters living outside of the good ol' US of A for the imperfection. The widget does support a couple of languages other than English (specifically, German and Spanish) and degrees centigrade instead of Fahrenheit, but it does not support a 24 hr clock. The coding is there (I think) but I just can't get it to work. Maybe someone else (The_Durben?) can have a look and get it figured out.

Ok...without further ado, here's the link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cfe3oqs12gts0bi/yNbQMl0CvP

You will note this is a dropbox account. In light of all the drama with regard to Megaupload (and others) I decided it would be simpler to just post it there. Since I'm not sure how much traffic this is going to generate (and, to be honest, I'm not sure what Dropbox's policies are) the files will only be available for 1 week. Perhaps someone can upload them to another location (and post a link, obviously) once they grab the files.
    PLEASE upload it again.

Thanks

I've looked thru the info in this widget and I can't find where to change this to all transparent can anyone help me out with this if possible plus is there another set of icons that come with this other than the ones included in the widget any help would be greatly appreciated..... TIA

Thanks

Hey guys um is there a way that the weather widget still cud show the weather evn without wifi connection? Cud it be false weather?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Tweak] iWidgets-imageuploadedbymodmyi1343641870.362040.jpg  

Thanks

I don't really have multiple problems that aren't those that have been shown to be repeatable conflicts or bugs that I discovered where others could verify using the same combination of tweaks. I DO run a LOT of tweaks - all legal. But some, I'm pretty sure, simply conflict with each other.

I will turn off each substrate 1 by 1 in SBSettings - and discover the conflict. I now see iWidgets in the substrates list. It wasn't in alphabetical order - so I was thrown there. I'll report back what I find. I may, in the end, do a restore just to test that angle too. Thanks for your help!

Just to be real clear - when iWidget is working I should be able to simply press my finger on the Springboard screen and a popup window should appear?

EDITED:Okay - I found the conflict. iWidget (stable) is NOT compatible (in 5.1.1 on a 4s) with Infiniboard - where you can have icons on vertical pages. As soon as I turned off Infiniboard - iWidget began working.

Can anyone please test and confirm this on iOS 5.1.1 ?- that you also can make iWidget stop working when Infiniboard is on?

Thanks...
    NewdestinyX ............ i just did exactly what you said abt turning off infiniboard and the iwidget popped str8 on tyvm bruh

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElderRoco's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi, i installed it from your Cydia repo, but it doesn't work, i tried both version, there is no new icon, no new settings panel and no way to add widgets. But there is a directory so it has installed...

And the long hold method does not work...
    Last edited by ElderRoco; 07-30-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ElderRoco View Post
    Hi, i installed it from your Cydia repo, but it doesn't work, i tried both version, there is no new icon, no new settings panel and no way to add widgets. But there is a directory so it has installed...

And the long hold method does not work...
    Look at the post above yours I had that problem til I read that message now everything is working fine just make sure you see the post on the 1st page on where to put the unzipped files bruh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lito1 View Post
    NewdestinyX ............ i just did exactly what you said abt turning off infiniboard and the iwidget popped str8 on tyvm bruh
    Thanks for the confirmation, Lito! I knew we had a conflict. I'm redoing my icon layout to phase out Infiniboard altogether. It conflicts with too many position based icon mods/tweaks. It was a nice tweak idea - but it hasn't been updated in a long time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ElderRoco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lito1 View Post
    Look at the post above yours I had that problem til I read that message now everything is working fine just make sure you see the post on the 1st page on where to put the unzipped files bruh
    I dont have infiniboard though...

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation, Lito! I knew we had a conflict. I'm redoing my icon layout to phase out Infiniboard altogether. It conflicts with too many position based icon mods/tweaks. It was a nice tweak idea - but it hasn't been updated in a long time.
    Oh no doubt bruh I was at limbo when I couldn't get it going til I saw your post and it was immediate as soon as I turned it off and I think I may just remove that all together hence I don't use no more than 8-9 icons per page anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ElderRoco View Post
    I dont have infiniboard though...
    There's no new icon that comes with it bruh once you download it look in Var/mobile/library/iwidget and thats where you put the iwidget after you unzip the files bruh....
    Last edited by Lito1; 07-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 506 Posts

Is the preference file the config.js file?

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,067 Posts

Can somebody explain where to put the iWidgets stuff using ssh...

And where the DashboardX ones go (ssh)